• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Sept. 23rd, 2012

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hey Jake :) As long as it's Saturday, I'll likely be there the whole time.

Lucas (Traffic in case I got your name wrong), you're really good considering how little you've actually played! You're gonna get better super quick!

A CPU Peach is so different from a real Peach! There's just a lot more floating and little ATs here and there that CPUs can't do. They also don't spam dair/fair like I do ;)

This is the newest Peach/MK video I could find. I hope it helps! Keep in mind, I plan to play more campy than aggressive (like in friendlies) in tourney against a MK!

Captain L

Smash Champion
Oh yeah important news regarding the stream! As long as we're allowed to use stronghold's computer in the future, the stream quality should be much better than potato from now on! More shoutouts to Daze for running that all, it's super appreciated.

1. Big D: I felt like such a chick when I hugged you

2. Captain L: Why'd you play so many characters?

3. H: Man I really loved the friendlies we were having before tournament! Losers finals was unfortunate, but I think you definitely could do it with lucario some day! He already looked pretty legit, plus it's one of pika's hardest matchups. If you're gonna stick to wolf though, don't expect me to let up on the grabs ;D Congrats on 3rd!

4. Brz: You are still my favourite person to play, love all the smashfests at your house!

5. Firefly: Had me scurred after pools, man your mk is janky! Thanks for running the tournament and stuffs, it's really nice not having to organize it!

5. T-Block: I really enjoyed all of our sets in pools and bracket, your PT deffs has a lot of style. I'm still hurting from that ivysaur usmash

7. Jason: one of my favourite moments of the tourney was when we were carrying the TV and you saw that girl in the doorway and yelled out "LGGGG!"

also thanks for ditching me in doubles fgt

7. Fakku: Keep coming to tournaments and workin out that mk, it was lookin pretty legit.

9. Grape: Zelda pika so legittttt thanks for teaming with me! I definitely want to team with you again next time you come, provided Bryan doesn't come as well cause he's my dolan

9. Deap: I'm darker than you

9. Kantrip: Glad you came out again, I don't think we actually played any singles with each other though! Your diddy is legit as ever and you've taught me so much about the ditto through that haiku.

9. Traffic: Hey thanks for doing commentary on stream, I think your commentating style is pretty good! Just gotta beef up on some game knowledge lol. Always have fun at our smash fests, stick to the game and you'll be placing high in no time!

13. Cabo: Thanks for coming too, you gotta come to more smashfests at Ben's when I'm there!

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
kev: my name's tyler, luukas is cabo.

landon: thanks and soz for the bm footstool after saving me <3

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
thats okay, it's easy to get good looking electro wizards confused.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
you told me yourself you 2-0'd Deap >.>

Yo you guys should just forget about me and go after Landon or something.

Heard so much ICs BS on the stream lmao, my favorite so far has to be "It is to my understanding that Ice Climbers counter Meta Knight"

Edit: It's XIV
It was 2-1 he won the first one, then i got the second one then he won in delfino.

:phone:

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
do you prefer local gang hand greetings or do you mean in general

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
3. H: Man I really loved the friendlies we were having before tournament! Losers finals was unfortunate, but I think you definitely could do it with lucario some day! He already looked pretty legit, plus it's one of pika's hardest matchups. If you're gonna stick to wolf though, don't expect me to let up on the grabs ;D Congrats on 3rd!
Yeah I'm thinking of picking up Lucario despite not having used him since 08/09. But Trela's a wizard and I was inspired after watching his tourney matches over the summer.

So far as Wolf/Pika and the cg thing goes, I wouldn't have it any other way and would have been disappointed if you didn't resort to it. Competition is competition after all :L

Captain L

Smash Champion
looking back at that video I can totally feel the fact that I was split between brawl and melee that day...

so much stuff is just not me

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I could host another Phoenix before then, but we wouldn't get good attendance from Alberta because driving during the Winter sucks. Plus, getting a solid date with Stronghold is hard during this "Magic season", and finding an alternative venue that can support the amount of TVs we'll need will be tricky as well. On that note, I found out a couple days ago that the AV department at SFU no longer has any CRT TVs, which will make getting a tournament going there a bit more difficult.

:005:

Top Bottom