• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.A.M.F #4 Michigan's Summer Circuit's Final Event [NEW ADDITIONS TO RULES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratford

Smash Champion
Oh my god Gio your new avatar.

I'm actually kind of surprised I haven't seen that before on the SWF. Maybe someone's done it.

But lol.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well I have decided.

I will be the one to start something new. I have decided that this tourney will be :metaknight: banned in both Brawl Singles and Brawl Doubles.

I know some of you will be mad but guys I feel this could be for the best. The tourney will still run the Unity Ruleset.

I'm doing what I believe is best for our state.

I hope to see you all there.

EDIT: I will give thought into Stages later and whether i will alter this decision, I just wanted to post what I'm feeling right now

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Honestly...

My honest opinion is to ban Rainbow Cruise and/or Brinstar before banning MK. If you're going to do that though I wont stand in your way or even disagree. This just means an easy Top 4placement for myself , WTP and Tutu.

:bee:

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Yooo **** you tech. I need my cruise.

MK banned doubles sounds awesome though... wish I was going.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Like i said, this is what I feel is necessary. I do believe the stages is what the true problem is. I believe i will be changing my mind by the end of the night. I'm about to go hang with friends and maybe I will change my mind.

These were the 3 things that bugged me the most when making my decision.
Option 1: Ban MK, keep everything else the same
Option 2: Ban MK in Doubles, revise stage list (removal of RC or Brinstar)
Option 3: Go on and continue running tourneys like there isn't a 300lb gorilla in the room.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight is actually the 3rd lightest character in the game...

So I am hoping the melee people will be down to help a scrubby falcon player try to improve

What's The Point

Smash Master
If you change it, instead of banning MK from doubles ban MK/MK teams.

I also suggest adding PS2 to the list of removable stages, because no one really likes that stage. For instance, Frigate is fun, PS2 is not.

Also adding 2 minutes to the timer.

Juggle, you should totally ban Cruise and Kongo.

Let's change everything.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yooo **** you tech. I need my cruise.

MK banned doubles sounds awesome though... wish I was going.

LOL fine but only if we keep teaming...:awesome:

If you change it, instead of banning MK from doubles ban MK/MK teams.

I also suggest adding PS2 to the list of removable stages, because no one really likes that stage. For instance, Frigate is fun, PS2 is not.

Also adding 2 minutes to the timer.

Juggle, you should totally ban Cruise and Kongo.

Let's change everything.
No fu Kevin, I need my PS2. I love that stage lol I know you wonder why I CP it but I think the only person who's beaten me on that stage is Gayquaza with his "interesting" playstle. *looks at SK*

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
I want to learn melee too I guess it just kind of sucks I can't enter brawl considering that's the game I'm best at as of now. And the game you and i practiced so much last year. Hopefully not for too long though will I be a brawl player :yeahboi:

There's actually a really cheap shirt printing place right next door lolol

ZTD | TECHnology

I will seriously lmao if you guys do that.

I still dont agree with banning MK for this tournament. CPs are a good start though.

This is coming from ME. I was just *****ing about mK yesterday and I dont even want him banned yet...rofl.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
In all honesty im all for what ever you guys end up doing. But i believe banning a haracter less than a week before the tournament is a little unjust. I mean granted before the last tourny i disnt play too much but trying to brush the rustyness of other characters in less than a week is really harsh.

Id like to see something like tech mentioned. Having a limit to 1 mk per game on each team. Having both or either rc or brinstar banned.

Also why you guys hating on ps2 just because you dont like playing on it? Thats the dumbest excuse to ban a stage.

ZTD | TECHnology

Pretty much what Kyle said. None of you even CP the stage. Granted, I felt the way everyone else did before I played on it. Then I grew to love it. I bet MAYBE 3 people know the mechanics of that stage as well as I do. At least try something IN TOURNAMENT before saying its bad lol

And it is hella last minute for a dramatic change that robs 5 people of their main. I like the "Go-getter" attitude but you can't just throw caution to the wind with a touchy subject like this.

But in the end to to be really honest..I don't care. It's not my tournament lol I'm just being a regular attendee. It doesn't effect me really so ....:awesome:

Honestly...

My honest opinion is to ban Rainbow Cruise and/or Brinstar before banning MK. If you're going to do that though I wont stand in your way or even disagree. This just means an easy Top 4placement for myself , WTP and Tutu.

:bee:

lol@easy top 4.

I already stated this but I'm against a MK ban. Getting rid of Brinstar and/or RC(but preferably just Brinstar) will suffice, and nobody in MI disagrees with getting rid of Brinstar.

Now It's like 4 days before the tournament, anyone who does main MK has no reason to enter brawl, this isn't going to magically solve the issue of poor attendance, if anything it will only make attendance worse (for this tournament mind you). Why remove a character, and like 4/15 entrants when you could remove a stage, keep the players and everyone happy? I mean sure you are the T.O and you can do whatever the hell you want ,but like think man, think.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Like I said I was probably gping to change my mind. I will be banning MK/MK teams and I will be altering the stagelist. I realize that I probably did the total ban too early. I'll see how things happen after this tourney. I'll edit the OP later when I'm not on a mobile device. But yes times are changing.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
wow **** this ****. not even considering coming to this anymore

funny how as soon as you quit mk you ban him

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
dogs it doesnt really even matter anymore. Jon, gio and I arent going to enter brawl regardless of whether he is legal or not. The fact that this much **** is going on just because i use mk is making it not worth even trying to play him. I know for a fact gio and jon feel the same. Banning mk really doesnt matter, you should try it to see how it goes. The 3 main mk mains arent going to be entering either way.

we are all switching to melee

I am extremely disappointed in the MI scene. I'm pretty much done now. I wanted to try and get PRed again next season but when the community does things like this I feel like it's just a waste of time. I'll probably come to this and enter melee, but as of now I'm done with brawl.

When you guys have 10 or less entrants and the scene goes from dying to dead I'll be around waveshining someone. :yeahboi: This is a totally irrational, irresponsible, and clearly salt-driven thing to do. When some newcomers join the scene and start doing well with MK, and then you ban their char in response... How's that for building a scene? Marco and Jon are pretty much being put on blast here. Me to an extent as well. I always thought Marco and Jon were exactly the kind of players we needed in our scene to revive, because they really love the game. Then they do OK at a couple tournaments with MK and you effectively ban them from the next tournament? Is this some kind of joke? Congratulations to all the players who don't actually main MK and just picked him up because me or marco or jon made him look really easy to use and do well with, because it's an easy switch back. For someone like me who has played MK since DAY ONE of playing competitively, I really have no choice but to quit.

This is easily the saddest day in the history of MI's brawl scene, and a nail in the proverbial coffin.

ZTD | TECHnology

Its unfortunate but if you guys really feel that way it can't be helped. No one really wants to see any of you go tbh.

But eh I'm not the one pushing for this for the record. But I can't change anyone's minds so be it. I just think its silly you guys are quitting after we decided we want to TEST something. But I can understand your logic. Sorry to see you guys go. Sorry my frustration towards MK triggered all this.

But we aren't even trying to do an MK banned tournament. Almost everyone is AGAINST just banning him outright. Double MK in doubles seems justifiable though. I would rather see a stage banned. I have said this like 5 times already.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
wtf is going on with the Brawl scene, lol

I think banning Brinstar and Cruise should be the first step in Brawl... can we all agree that those two stages are free wins for MK whenever the MK faces a non-MK?

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
what gio said!

YOOOOO, we got some baby mama drama going on here. We need maury

all in all it doesnt really matter because the bbr rc is probably doing something like this anyways. Oh and food for thought, i never cp brinstar or rc <<333 I dont like the stages

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I'm seeing a lot of salt from the mk mains (mostly gio)because their char is being talked about being banned.

Rabbi and jon have NOTHING to do with this dicussion its ben talked about for weeks in the unity thread. And they got AZ to post a poll on aib asking if "you would ban mk" its about 75-25 in favor of a ban. I believe both ori and tech are in that back room and they are talking about trying to test what the results are and you 3 are acting like you suck at this game. We aknowledge you guys are good but if this ban does good things for the community you guys would be screwed later on.

I'm mostly saddened by Gio who's defense was diddys just as good as MK and that he's going to prove it then later he just decides to quit and possibly boycott the tourney entirely.

Don't say the pro bans are just salty when your pouring in pounds of it everywhere.

I'm for a temp ban for many reasons and its not that he's better then my char in every way I don't even hate mk I hate snake worse

I don't find RC as a free win but because I'm kirby I'm mk with no sword or glide and can abuse a lot of the same parts of the stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom