• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AXS - Syracuse, NY; November 6, 2010

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Entry Fees 7$

Melee Doubles 8 Entrants
1. Cura + Tuna :jigglypuff: + :falcon: :sheik: :peach: -- 62$
2. JesiahTEG + Vicious :marth: :sheik: + :fox: -- 30$
3. PikaPika + Yannick :sheik: + :peach: -- 14$
4. Minh + The General :link2: :marth: + :peach: :fox:
5. Asylum+ Foy
5. Kwan + Zaannda
7. Erk + Beta
7. Anub + Eaode

Melee Doubles Bracket

Melee Singles 21 Entrants
1. JesiahTEG :marth: :sheik: -80$
2. Tuna :sheik: -- 44$
3. PikaPika :sheik: :marth:-- 14$
4. Dewey Dickmissle (Beta) :fox: -- 7$
5. Minh :link2:
5. Kwan :dk2:
7. Flaw :falco:
7. Foy :fox: Happy Birthday Foy
9. Asylum
9. Cura
9. Testiclees (erk)
9. San
13. Zaanndaa
13. Vicious (Forfeit)
13. Eaode
13. General
17. Ebo
17. Pyro
17. Nathan
17. A nub
17. TacoReaper

Melee Singles Bracket

Brawl Doubles 14 Teams
1. San + Cura :ike: + :metaknight: --120$
2. KID Goggles + PikaPika :sonic: + :metaknight: -- 58$
3. Xzax + KingToon :metaknight: + :toonlink: --18$
4. TUSM + Ebo :dedede: + :marth: :snake:
5. Dr Grandpa + James G
5. Tommy Greenshirt + Sharky
7. Beta+ Leet-0
7. Sheth + SMM1
9. MD8 + Lurch
9. Deathforce 2
9. Frost + Banjo
9. Darem + D-Leet
13. Carlos + Cody
13. Evan + Jeff

Brawl Doubles Bracket

Brawl Singles 35 Entrants
1. KingToon :toonlink: :kirby: --134$
2. San :ike: --73$
3. Xzax :falco: :metaknight: -- 24$
4. PikaPika :metaknight: :pikachu2: -- 12$
5. Cura :metaknight: :popo:
5. KID Goggles :sonic: :falco:
7. James G :lucario:
7. Dr. G :metaknight:
9. SMM1
9. Roxas
9. Tusm
9. Vibe
13. Beta
13. Ebo
13. Tommy Green Shirt
13. Gravy
17. Robert Nixon
17. Sharky
17. Lurch
17. MD8
17. Fez
17. 1337-0
17. Calm
17. X13Mako
25. Taco Reaper
25. Bowie
25. D1337
25. Cody Mendoza
25. Frostbite
25. Darem
25. Sheth
25. Dan Q
33. Capn
33. Pyro
33. Nathan

Brawl Singles Bracket

We also collected 104 Canned Goods and 100$ of donations for charity (The Samaritan Center).

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
GGs Everyone. This tourney was fun. Our region did amazing with the exception of King Toon ****** us all.

PS: Lucario sux.

a nub

Smash Ace
wasn't too happy with how I was playing yesterday, but I'm still a nub anyway so w/e

back to the drawing board I guess. Gotta **** *****es at rom 3.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
My bad. It's hard to tell what people mean over the internet sometimes.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Did Jesse go fox against Tuna?
He went full Sheik against me in both WF and GF. He ***** the pants off my Fox and Peach, but our Sheik dittos were all close (except the one where I SD'd last stock T__T). He's got the edge on me for sure though, Jesiah is a beast :D I got you next time.

I love playing against Fox as Sheik though, so I think it was smart that he stuck to the ditto, especially since he seems to really like them whereas I hate all dittos :p Though I don't mind the Sheik ditto after playing it so much yesterday :bee:

Good **** to everyone else I played as well, I'll do shoutouts later

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Did better than I thought yesterday. Had lots of fun. Thought I was getting better at the TL MU, but back to the drawing board! Kind of inspired by KingToon, proving that you can come back against players you've had a hard time against through will/thinking/strategy.

Hope PA enjoyed their time spent here.

altairian

Smash Lord
Awesome tourney everyone ;D

Shouts later, and I have the brackets so they'll get posted as soon as I can get them to cura.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Would you guys (NYS) like to come down to Philly's Brawl tourney this next weekend? I would be more than glad to assist with housing.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Singles
1. KingToon - Great job winning this man. I still have no idea how to fight your Toon Link, but maybe it will be something I can get used to over time. I hope to see you at more of our region's tourneys.

2. San - San didn't get first? Wait what?! Nonetheless, good stuff. You will always be a huge threat at any tourney and when you fill in a few gaps, you'll be nearly indestructible.

3. Xzax - Cool guy. I enjoyed our fun/close money matches. I was a bit disappointed with my performance in some of those matches because I felt I could've knocked a set off of you had I not done some really stupid things. But you backed your **** up and showed you're one of PA's best. Also, good job placing as high as you did.

4. PikaPika - Play moar Brawl....Get First?

5. Cura - Good job beating me but disappointing performance overall. I know through playing with you all the time how talented you are. I just feel at times that you don't take your true potential into tourney brackets. Maybe you should spend some more time on a select few characters instead of the whole roster. But then again, you don't play much anymore to begin with, so that could intertwine with your consistency problem.

5. KID Goggles - Lol, Sonic. Lol, A Sonic may pass me on PR's.

7. James G - The one, the only.

7. Dr. G - Sorry for blowing our doubles sets man. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I didn't find a decent rhythm that day until I started singles. Sorry about that. I'm not bad at doubles, I swear! I still hope to team with you in the future if you're interested. But you gotta listen to my advice (for both doubles and singles)!!! We all know a certain set you could've won if you just calmed the hell down, lol.

Other Peeps:

Ebo - Revenge is sweet

TUSM - ***** me in Money Match. Not gonna lie, I thought I would win this one by a landslide based on the first couple stocks of match 1, but the way you adjusted to my playstyle was incredible. Props to you and congrats on your victory. I will have my revenge one day.

Roxas - Now here are some Money Matches that I actually won in. I think you're a pretty underrated PA player and definitely have the potential to be part of that elite group. Just keep practicing and you'll be there in no time. Sorry for taking your money, but if it makes you feel better, I gave it back to your fellow PA players. Also, crazy last match in our tourney set, but that's what you get for trying to time out James G.

Sharky - Thanks for letting me know that I sound like an athlete in a post-game interview following all of my matches. As ridiculous as it may sound, it is actually completely true. Bring a mic next tourney.

TGS - I was expecting you to place a bit higher, but you did an outstanding job. You are really rising as a player and becoming a huge force in our region that nobody will want to mess with soon. Maybe a few more jogs around your block and you'll be at the adequate physical state to successfully reach your goals ;). Thanks for all the friendlies, man.

I really don't feel like writing anymore......so sorry if I left some people out.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Cura: You know why.
Sharky: You know why.
JamesG: You know why.
Beta; **** dittos.
PikaPika: You know why.
Dr. G: You know why.
SMM1: Nice meeting you.
TommyGreenShirt: You know why.
Altarian: You know why, and then some.

altairian

Smash Lord
How many entrants for brawl singles+doubles?

Good **** KT
35 for singles, 14 teams in dubs. Pretty solid turnout especially considering it was the same weekend as MLG.

Melee was 21 singles and 8 teams, in case anyone was curious about that.

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
1. JesiahTEG: Good stuff in doubles and singles, wish I coulda played you a bit more
2. Tuna: Quit ******* around! Mad fun playing you at Cura's, hope to see you at future stuff
3. PikaPika: Didn't play you except getting ***** in teams, good stuff
4. Dewey Dickmissle (Beta) : Dolla dolla bill yall. PS: Stop losing to ^
5. Minh : I'm planning on putting up a better fight next time we meet in singles
5. Kwan : Had a lot of fun playing dubz friendlies with you and Zanda
7. Flaw : Great set man, you played pretty clutch. Looking forward to playing you again.
7. Foy : FFIX for life! Next time we gotta get more friendlies, you're mad fun to play against
9. Asylum: Only played a few friendlies but you're pretty beast
9. Cura: Good **** all around, Mr. Smash President
9. Testiclees (erk): You didn't get last! Good stuff!
9. San: Good stuff man, ****** in brawl and melee!
13. Zaanndaa: Your falcon is mad good, fun friendlies!
13. Vicious (Forfeit) : I think we only played one match, next time maybe!
13. Eaode: Good set man, reeeeally close, looking forward to playing you more
13. General: Fun dubz friendlies, even though I didn't do too hot
17. Ebo: Didn't play you at all
17. Pyro: I don't think we played any friendlies
17. A nub: Our set was so nerve wracking! Good stuff man
17. TacoReaper: Didn't play you at all either

Other Shoutouts:
Frannie: Great job making all this possible, mad beast venue, looking forward to future events.

Alt: It was mad cool of you to drive down just to TO and hang out. Hope to see you again sometime.

DLeet

Smash Rookie
25th huh?

Well at least i didn't do absolutely terrible. :sheik:

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
so...many...Sheik heads...
LMAO I know, seriously. Back home I don't usually play against many sheiks, so I was surprised to see so many around up here haha.

Shoutouts:

JesiahTEG: Gooooood **** man, you beat me out fair and square. Let's get in more friendlies next time though dude, I didn't get in any games against your marth! Also your team play with vicious was really impressive.

Vicious: Unfortunately we didn't get to play in tournament! But we had some awesome friendlies. The raptor-boost cross up will haunt you for the rest of your life, I'm sure :bee:

PikaPika: You're marth was scary that second time around when we played. Despite the ****ty matchup you played really well. I heard that you don't actually practice much, but if you do I'm sure you can get even better. Good **** in teams also, you were running the train for a long time.

Dewey Dickmissle and Testiclees: The unstoppably ******** duo -- I had to put you guys together. Why you always gotta **** AROUND?????????? Really nice job on 4th and 9th respectively. And remember kids, stop playing brawl, cause then you'll get 100000000x better at melee, and that makes you a better person all around :awesome:

Minh: So ****in janky. Really impressive link and the jankiest, weirdest marth I've prolly ever played. Good **** in friendlies, I'm glad I didn't run into you in bracket.

Kwan (I thought it was Quan?): We played for a looong time haha, and had some ******** doubles by the end. Once I figure out how to get to RPI by bus, we'll play fairly frequently I'm sure. I'm sure you get it a lot, but your DK is sick :D And actually you play fox really smart, so good **** on that also

Flaw: You're good...keep playing and you'll get even better. Good tourney set!

Foy: Maybe the chillest mo' ****a I ever met. You scared the **** out of me in teams ahah. Good tourney sets, good friendlies. Your fox is a force to be reckoned with! Happy B-day man ahah

Cura: Jiggs + Falcon = raaaape, especially when I turn into Hax$$$ for the day. I think you hit every save as Jiggs except a one or two in our last set vs. Jesiah and Vicious. Awesome teams partner, everyone get at him! Thanks for letting me crash on friday also

Zaanndaa: You're falcon is looking really sharp man. To be honest I'm surprised you didn't place higher, I'm positive you're capable of higher! Good friendlies, good doubles towards the end of the night. We'll play more if I can get to RPI easily!

General: You prolly have the most aggressive peach I've ever seen and you combo like you falcon or something. Don't get down on yourself, keep playing and adapting to those ****ty matchups, you'll skyrocket in placing soon I predict

A nub: NYUCKA we didn't get any matches innnnnnnn

TacoReaper: The one and only reefer of tacos. Like I said...from when we played our tourney set first round to when we were playing BS friendlies/doubles, you already showed improvement. Keep playing and you'll get waaaay better

Goggles: You owe me some melee matches kid. Next time I'm over there we'll play some and get some BK :awesome:

Vibe: There's hope for you yet! Practice that gay bird and you'll get good at melee. And YES you have time...****in' youngin...

Special shoutouts to Cura, Eeveee and Alt for TOing. Everything ran smoothly and was well organized, so goooood ****. Also thanks especially to Alt for driving my *** back and forth.

Summary: Everyone I met was incredibly cool, I'm glad the community up here is friendly and very welcoming to new players. Though I feel like imma get laughed at for this statement, since there's prolly some animosity between players that I don't know about :cool:

Till next time fellas

tacoreaper

Smash Cadet
Haha, I got wrecked in the Melee tournament! Did better in Brawl, though.

Was a lot of fun. Looking forward to playing against a lot of you guys again in the future!

flaw

Smash Apprentice
whoa, i only placed so high because steffon dropped out after beating me. i'll have to practice more so that this doesn't turn out to be a complete fluke.

jesse - grats
tuna - i had no idea what to do against your sheik
testes - you are impossible for me to edgeguard, ggs, got really nervous when you came back after that SD
beta - my favorite fox to play, so fast 0_o
foy - you should've won 1st, hbday
pyro - one day i plan to be (nearly) impossible to shield grab

the last two tournaments i've been to have reminded me how fun video games are. i can't wait until i finish my degree next summer so i can move back downstate somewhere.

Top Bottom