• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aww shucks. Oh well *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What was your opinion on the season finale of Panty & Stocking?

Flygon3x

Smash Cadet
Something along the lines of:

What is your favorite Pokemon (duh)?
What is your favorite move?
Did you ever get into the other Pokemon stuff, like cards & anime?

And since there are so many unfamiliar faces here... hi. :3

Wrath`

Smash Master
What is your favorite BlazBlue Character and why?
Do you love or hate Nattorie?
What was your best gaming moment?

Edit: hello Flygon3x

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Alright, I apologize for the delay, but you can expect the interview with Wave to be completely edited by tomorrow evening! In the meantime, please begin nominating members for the 6th interview. :3

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah you can interview me, it's fine.

I nominate PINK REAPER.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Nominations thus far
Gates [4]
Kirbyraeg
Meta-Kirby
Riddle
Terywj
Circa
Pink Reaper

I'm gonna assume Kirbyraeg's nomination wasn't legitimate.

Anyways, I have finished editing the interview with Wave! Check it out below.

[collapse=The Interview]At a Starbucks in Ames, I approached a young Asian male with a Psychology book sitting to the side. I ordered a drink, and sat down across from him. "Alright, you ready?" I asked. No response. I was confused and asked again. Finally, he seemed to notice me.

Riddle: Hey Wave! Thanks for agreeing to this interview. I'm excited to learn more about you.

Wave: I never thought I'd be interviewed, to be honest. Hopefully I'm not too terribly boring.

Riddle: Haha, you'll be fine. Care you tell us a bit about yourself? Name, age, location, etc.

Wave: My name is Greg. Born and raised in the suburbs of the Twin Cities in Minnesota, though my parents are from a city in China called Kunming. I'm currently a freshman majoring in chemical engineering at Iowa State University. Chem E. majors are awesome. I'm also minoring in Psychology and Economics.

Riddle: Chemical engineering? That's pretty intense stuff. What do you hope to do as a career?

Wave: I'm not sure if I want to go to graduate school, it's more than a little bit Intimidating. Hurr hurr see what I did there. According to some statistics, grad. school doesn't improve a chemical engineer's salary all that much. It's more for research opportunities. If I can't do that, I'll probably work for some kind of biorenewables company.

Riddle: GyaRADos school. Best pun.

Wave: You truly are a master of puns, Riddle.

Riddle: Okay. Let's jump right into the Pokemon/Smashboards related questions. How did you discover Smashboards?

Wave: I remember when I was a kid, I'd go to my local library to check out books once a week or so. I'd always take a peek at Nintendo Power. Already being a fan of Super Smash Bros. Melee, I found an article that mentioned "wavedashing" a few years ago. I remember it being described as an advanced technique where you jump and fall to the ground. It goes without saying that when I went home to try it out, I was a bit confused. A few Googles later, and I found Smashboards.

Riddle: What did you do in your early days on Smashboards? I know you were a member of the Melee Ness community for instance. When did you first discover the Poke Center?

Wave: I went through the basic "new member" phase that most people undergo. Posting all of the place with little to no content, necroing random threads, getting the occaisional infraction. I found a home in the Ness boards, or the Melee Ness boards, as they're now called. I also posted frequently in the Melee Discussion forum, more often stupidly than not. Being fairly bad a Melee, I wandered from character to character, from Game and Watch to Samus to Ganon. In the end, I chose Ness. In the transition from Melee to Brawl, I "joined" the Brawl Ness boards a bit late. I felt as if I didn't really fit in. This, combined with my general dislike of Brawl, drove me to abandon Smashboards for a while. My foray into the Poke Center is much less interesting. I'd noticed the subforum a long time ago, and assumed it was a small community of three people who posted a lot. Being the bored self that I often was, I looked around. I was shocked and overwhelmed. Natures and EVs, teambuilding and movesets, sacrifice and predicting, I was amazed by both the depth and breadth of my childhood crush, Pokemon.

Riddle: Around when did you start posting in the Poke Center? How did you get involved?

Wave: I can't say for sure when, I'm sure the History of the Poke Center of thread knows. I know that I chatted in Ye Olde Snorlaxe Roome, The Custom Pokemon Shop. After that, I slowly posted more, learned about Pokemon, and joined the community. It's a boring story.

Riddle: Whats your favorite Pokemon?

Wave took 2% damage in recoil and horror.

Wave: Oh god. I don't even. Choosing just one... Well, my favorite Pokemon in terms of design would be Flygon. Competitively, it's a tie between Jirachi, Shuckle, and Cacturne. In terms of unbearable cuteness, it's Erufuun.

Riddle: Good answer. Except for Shuckle.

Wave: WHAT. SHUCKLE IS A BEAST YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

A few people sitting nearby turned and looked at us before returning to their activities.

Riddle: In terms of competitive play, what is your favorite type of team and why? As in stall, heavy offense, balanced, bulky offense, etc.

Wave: I've had the most success with bulky offense. It's as cliche as CroCune, but it just works. Just like CroCune. In terms of having fun, hyper offense. Or that "heavy" offense thing that some douche on Smogon made up to sound cool.

Riddle: Do you consider yourself a better teambuilder or a better battler?

Wave: I'd say I'm pretty bad at both, but if I had to choose, I'd say teambuilder. I don't want to pull a Tery and say I'm horrible, but, well, I'm pretty bad at laddering.

Riddle: You should get a tutor next round. What was your opinion of the season finale of Panty and Stocking?

Wave: My first reaction was "Oh man, you had me going to a second that, GAINAX! Good one!" But then, after realizing that the show had a major lack of plot, I was more "Uh, well, I guess this is okay". I can't say I have an opinion either way. I know that it'll be good, though.

Riddle: Oh nah nah, what is NJzFinest's name?

Wave: Rumpelstiltskin? Uh. Can I have a hint? Or we could play Twenty Questions, that's a fun game. ARE YOU AN ANIMAL, VEGETABLE, OR MINERAL?

Riddle: I DONT KNOW! BECAUSE I AM NOT NJzFINEST.

Wave: NEXT QUESTION?

Riddle: JUST GUESS A STEREOTYPICAL BLACK NAME. I SUGGEST MARQUIS OR TYRONE.

Wave: DEFINITELY TYRONE. FINAL ****ING ANSWER

By now, pretty much everyone in the Starbucks were giving us extremely weird stares. I continued.

Riddle: Do you partake in sexual relations on first dates?

Wave: I usually **** before I go on dates, it can be awkward sitting in the bathroom while my date is waiting.

Riddle: What is your earliest gaming memory?

Wave: Playing Super Smash Bros. at someone's house. I don't even know who it was. I can't say it's my first game, but it's the first one that made an impression on me. Even if that impression was how fun mashing B with Pikachu was.

Riddle: Did you ever get into any other Pokemon related stuff? Cards, anime, etc.

Wave: I got into the TCG the same as many other people got into it. Looking at the badass pictures and the big numbers. I had a Teryble deck, rarely played, and knew only a few other people who also played. I got "into" the anime the same way. As in, I watched it when I was 8 years old. I'm not sure what you mean by the et cetera, but I can say that I played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Rumble. Fun games, though the former is better. The latter is fun if you don't want to think and just want to mash buttons and kill a ton of Pokemon. It's like a ****ing bloodbath, but with Pokemon. I imagine it's a lot like Dragon Warrior or something, I know they made like fifty of them.

Riddle: Sounds awesome. Do you like Nattorei? One word answer.

Wave: Flareon. Wait, I take that back. Magcargo.

Riddle: Not allowed. Finally. Describe yourself in 9 words and 42 letters exactly.

Wave blinked a couple times.

Wave: **** that.

Riddle: Wave--dumb, lazy ******* who happens to play Pokemon! Thanks for the interview!

Leaving Starbucks, I think I was still getting stares from other people. Oh well, nothing else to do but to go home and send everything to another member for editing. Suck it, Tery.[/collapse]

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's in a quantum state of bair and not bair until you unpause the game?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Why are you so sexy?
What part of you do you think is the sexiest?
What advice do you have for those who try to be as sexy as you but are unable to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom