• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

awesome bowser combo

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
this seems to rack up percent alot and works on most characters.it involves bowsers grab release.in order grab pummel till u cant anymore then jab once stop and side b.it racks alot of damage up quickly.anyone else use this combo?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Doesn't work. Jabs into Klaws don't connect. If you can jab, you mind as well just Klaw them to begin with. At least that's a guaranteed thing on a lot of characters.

People have known about Klaws out of grab releases for a long time.

Flayl

Smash Hero
It doesn't always work but it's worth it when it does. You just have to estimate the range.

Bil

Smash Ace
I SDI out of Jab -> Grab, and so do alot of other people. Therefore Grab Release -> Klaw would be way more reliable than Grab Release -> Jab -> Klaw. I got into the habit of SDIing out of Snake's Jabs/Ftilt, and Ike's Jabs, so its pretty easy for me.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
well idc i do jab to claw all the time.not a normal bowser thing apparently but people never see it coming.i guess im lucky that it works so often then for me.i do many wierd bowser things i never see others do.like grab down chase grab down.pulled that one off a few times. always fun to do to people who dont see it comin which isnt many cause most people either dont verse bowsers or ever see one try to cg with a down grab rather then grab release.

B!squick

Smash Master
Neutral A, Shield, and UpB work well for most situations. And a good old fashsion Gimpyfish combo is reserved for those who think they can get away with laggy/poorly spaced attacks.

Flayl

Smash Hero
MrEH, you're out of your depth here. Turkeywonder's knowledge is like a gazillion times yours.
-___________________________-
JayDeth said:
Neutral A, Shield, and UpB work well for most situations. And a good old fashsion Gimpyfish combo is reserved for those who think they can get away with laggy/poorly spaced attacks.
O_o ?

Anyways no need for the hate guys, there ARE characters which getting the jab in before the klaw is perfectly doable.

Cyndi

Smash Apprentice
this seems to rack up percent alot and works on most characters.it involves bowsers grab release.in order grab pummel till u cant anymore then jab once stop and side b.it racks alot of damage up quickly.anyone else use this combo?
I try that and end up KO'ed.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Adding on to Flayl, yes, this is actually doable. It is essentially a jab cancel side b, which is perfectly doable.

If they shield, grabbed. If they attack, well, they have to be pretty **** fast.

And Cyndi I highly doubt that, any attack fast enough to break through the jab is not going to be enough to KO.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Adding on to Flayl, yes, this is actually doable. It is essentially a jab cancel side b, which is perfectly doable.

If they shield, grabbed. If they attack, well, they have to be pretty **** fast.

And Cyndi I highly doubt that, any attack fast enough to break through the jab is not going to be enough to KO.
Jab canceled Klaws do work occasionally if your opponent doesn't expect it.

Using it out of a grab release though? Pointless. The Jab only does an extra 5%, and if you jab, then the Klaw isn't a guaranteed hit. If you opponent sees you senselessly pummeling them, they'll probably expect a grab release. In short, they'll see a potential followup coming, so an escapable grab release combo is far less likely to work in this situation.

It's totally viable when it's not used from a grab release, but only if used sparingly.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Jab canceled Klaws do work occasionally if your opponent doesn't expect it.

Using it out of a grab release though? Pointless. The Jab only does an extra 5%, and if you jab, then the Klaw isn't a guaranteed hit. If you opponent sees you senselessly pummeling them, they'll probably expect a grab release. In short, they'll see a potential followup coming, so an escapable grab release combo is far less likely to work in this situation.

It's totally viable when it's not used from a grab release, but only if used sparingly.
TRue, but in some cases the jab brings them closer to you (like DK's, sometimes). It's a nice mixup, and you wouldn't believe how many people ***** their shield.

Teh Future

Smash Master
yeah it all depends on how your opponent reacts after they are hit by the first jab. Usually people's reactions are the same, and if they don't DI away from you then usually a jab to klaw works.

B!squick

Smash Master
Have you seen Wolf's frame data? x_x Most of his attacks are as fast or faster than Bowser's Jab and this includes all Tilts and Smashes except for Up Smash.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Have you seen Wolf's frame data? x_x Most of his attacks are as fast or faster than Bowser's Jab and this includes all Tilts and Smashes except for Up Smash.
No.

All of Wolf's smashes (save fsmash) hit on frame 6. So does Bowser's jab.

Fsmash hits on frame 5, which will also clank with Bowser's jab.

All will clank with each other.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
if u get killed by canceling a jab u suck.not many people verse enough bowsers to see someone do something after a jab cancel also.except if its like meta's dsmash.

Sessº

Smash Rookie
I love the way that people say that something works, then tons of people go on and say how it doesnt work in any way. It's just plain stupid. If the combo works for someone, it works for someone. Simple as that. Maybe you guys just can't pull it off but he can so just shut up...

uh oh. im judgeing you all. wait you all should know whats that like right

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I love the way that people say that something works, then tons of people go on and say how it doesnt work in any way. It's just plain stupid. If the combo works for someone, it works for someone. Simple as that. Maybe you guys just can't pull it off but he can so just shut up...

uh oh. im judgeing you all. wait you all should know whats that like right
No.
If it works for him, but not for us, that means he's fighting less skilled players that walk right into the attack, or don't know how to shield. If that's the case, we'd rather not have information spread that doesn't even work. You'd try this and get killed in an important. Well congratulations to you, good sir. Who'll be to blame?
No.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
like i said it works but not all the time.most people dont fight enough bowsers to know what im gonna do.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I would make my combo's known, but then they would never work. XD

Here is one I just came up with on a dime.

F-Throw to Flying Slam or D-Throw to Flying Slam.

Top Bottom