• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Average Name for an Average Update

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The only lucky things is that it's all condensed into 1 update instead of multiple ones.
This is the exact thing I saw when I looked at the update.

It looks like we won't be getting any "returning" item updates. Thank goodness.

Smash Ace
why are there two of these threads?

wonder what that clock is?
=2007=

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Why are people complaining about this? We've got til January, they can't all be winners.
Besides, it's not like any of us are entitled to this information feed.
I heard this recently...oh yeah! It was on Friday. Then on Thursday (MKs F Smash) if you complained you got scolded for "spoiling yourself" with E for All (guess the people there shouldnt have related what they learned?).

Seriously, we have a right to be disappointed now and again.

Edit: Also, the "we're not entitled to this information feed" thing is getting old. He stated since the new sites launch he would do it. So whether he's done us a favor or just stirred up more hype is open for debate. Any information released is free reign to complain about. Are people not allowed to complain about the daily news because they saw it on the internet? The reporter could have just not reported it, after all.

No, that makes no sense. This feed was planned, positions were filled to translate it, and 99% of people who view the updates will own the game at some point. Get a new arguement.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
They're not even trying to hide the fact that it's a lightsaber anymore are they?

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
He does. and I'm serious people, it's not that hard to find out where the clock is from! Super mario bros 2. Durr!
You have to take into account several other games.
Also, the clock is blue.
I seen someone post a picture of a red clock from Zelda, so I'm gunna rule it out.

Super Mario Bros. 2 (I don't think the clock has hands in that, though)
In EVERY Castlevania, there's a blue stopwatch sub-weapon, with the clock-hands pointed exactly how they are on the clock. Not significant, but it could be that minor detail that hands it over to a specific franchise.
It also appears in a Mario Party game, but I'm unaware of the color.
*edit*
There's also a few instances throughout Mega Man where you get a time-stop power, though, I don't think it would appear as a stopwatch item.
We also have to think of it as a Brawl-only item, instead of a franchise item.
:[ Though, I'm hoping for the Castlevania sub-weapon.

burrito

Smash Lord
There's a ton of games that have stopwatches like that in them. It will probably just be a generic stopwatch.

M.K

Level 55
Or Fox's special moves.

Edit: Notice how after Fox, Sakurai didn't update any veterans moves unless they were new? Yeah.
:urg: Please...PLEASE! For the sake of us all KNOCK ON SOME WOOD!

This update is delicious, with the "new clock" frosting is just divine.

Let's name the new item!

Here we go...uhm..."Timestop Clock"?

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I think it was officially called the "Stopwatch" in SMB2 though, I may be off on that...
It's shorter than "Timestop Clock" anyway :p

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Now I hope that clock doesn't become another update for another day. That would stink.

Let's see...we're probably going to end up seeing more "past" updates that we wouln't have expected to be updated. I hope not.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Now I hope that clock doesn't become another update for another day. That would stink.

Let's see...we're probably going to end up seeing more "past" updates that we wouln't have expected to be updated. I hope not.
May seem pretty bad but when you add 2 months more worth of updates you will have some updates that Smashers wil know but as stated in the update, not everyone played Smash Bros.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Now I hope that clock doesn't become another update for another day. That would stink..

Oh I would definitely count on it. What's worse is the thought that we're still bound to see an Assist Trophy update for the Advance Wars guys.. which totally sucks 'cause frankly, that Assist Trophy totally sucks.. And we'll have to go through a whole day unsatiated.

And I too am betting this clock is the clock from Super Mario Bros. 2- it will make everyone freeze until the ticky tock chime plays through....methinks...

X-x-Dyce-x-X, That's pretty funny. I'm not gonna lie; I laughed.

Okay, thanks! See ya!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
this update made me mad, but wednesday updates are usually good right? it's been two weeks now... hasn't it? ;)

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
"These are just some of the items that intensify the slapstick nature of this game. You must master them all!"

I bet some of you were loving that.

Top Bottom