• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Average Name for an Average Update

RazorwireTroop

Smash Cadet
Yep I know where that clock is from.

Remember the game Super mario Bros. 2? Subcon

There was an item when any character pulled off a vegetable from the clock and a clock would sometimes appear. Then you got the clock everything would slow down and stop. It would only for a few seconds then everything would slowly be back to normal.

New Folder

Smash Rookie
I think it would stop time for a couple of seconds, and it would affect everyone except for the character that got the item.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
The only lucky things is that it's all condensed into 1 update instead of multiple ones. Also it's good to see Sonic being the model for an item's use; knowing that Sakurai doesn't use third party characters as models that often.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Argh...the "already known" backlog remains at around 19, 20 if you count the stopwatch now.

Sure he just has to get the unexciting updates 'out of the way' but the amount of justification he gave for this update is quite laughable; it's yet another one I didn't even think he'd update as old items had no precedent. Two lame updates, seperated by a weekend and a quite decent update. Now if he'd release something interesting about gameplay or characters this week it won't be a wash.

Still, from my count we have about a third of our updates left to be "already knowns". Speaking of "already knowns" he could technically make two or more updates just of old items like this on items we already know are returning. That would be, agh, 22+ lame updates out of 60~.

GenG

Smash Lord
Why not a "Characters from Previous Installments" update? lol

ganon man 62

Smash Rookie
i know this is so not were the clock is from but wasn't there a clock that froze ur opponents in billy hatcher?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
That clock....

I think it's from the Super Mario 2 game. When you pull that out, everything around you freezes for a short time. Maybe it'll freeze the characters in this game and the environment.

Using it while your opponents recovering to the stage with a spike character means major pwnage

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Argh...the "already known" backlog remains at around 19, 20 if you count the stopwatch now.

Sure he just has to get the unexciting updates 'out of the way' but the amount of justification he gave for this update is quite laughable; it's yet another one I didn't even think he'd update as old items had no precedent. Two lame updates, seperated by a weekend and a quite decent update. Now if he'd release something interesting about gameplay or characters this week it won't be a wash.

Still, from my count we have about a third of our updates left to be "already knowns". Speaking of "already knowns" he could technically make two or more updates just of old items like this on items we already know are returning. That would be, agh, 22+ lame updates out of 60~.

That made no sense. He still gives 5 updates a week >_>
Before the delay, we sometimes got double updates and even a few triple updates.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
that would also mean 44- awesome updates. this week we get a newcomer. see. its not that bad.
True, however, you keep repeating "We'll get a newcomer this week". It'd be amusing if it wasn't so. I'd say the odds and trends favor it, but with Sakurai, who knows?

Vortok, you're saying your Asian kid brother complains as thoroughly as I do? He must be some sort of prodigy.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Now I think I understand, Sakurai knew we would HATE an update like this. So, clever as he is, he includes THIS. An item we have never seen in smash before, but may confirm a character, or even a game play mechanic that we haven't seen yet.

This makes it so we talk about the clock the most and try and figure out where its from, instead of b****ing about getting old news.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the clock is from Legend of Zelda.
*agrees*

Sakuari's playing mind tricks on us again, as Nilok said, he knows that people don't like an update on things we already know. Is he trying to make us think that there's gonna be a newcomer this week?

If there is, is he trying to make us/me suspect otherwise?

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Why are people complaining about this? We've got til January, they can't all be winners.
Besides, it's not like any of us are entitled to this information feed.

Iris

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who thinks Link looks way to feminine with that bat?

Top Bottom