• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Automatic L-Cancelling Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
If you want to attract new players to this game, lowering the skill floor is one of the best ways to get them to try it out. The fact that someone's muscle memory isn't punished by having this on is the hugest plus to this mode. There's literally no drawbacks to having it on.

If you're worried about some "scrub" beating you due to auto L-cancelling being on, chances are you're not very good at this game in the first place.
I've never heard a more true statement on Smashboards.

Deus

Smash Journeyman
I suppose it doesn't matter to me anyway because I can't stop myself from hitting the damn L button regardless. I doubt the consensus in tourneys would be to turn it on, but it really wouldn't bother me much.

What I do really like is that allows me to get a good feel and know exactly when I can act out of different L-cancelled aerials and know if my follow up didn't come out it was definitely because I hadn't yet come out of lag and not that I effed up the L-cancel. I played Peach in melee who had the faster float cancelling (probably in this game as well? I wanted to branch out to different characters in P:M) so I could essentially instantly throw out an attack and was pretty used to that being the norm.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
gonna play devil's advocate here with some arguments for l canceling ive seen that make more sense than anything in this thread imo

execution is core to fighting games. players learn basic bnb and are expected to perform them. when a ryu player punishes his opponent, should he be expected to perform his bnb combo? in what situation would he not want to perform his bnb when he has the chance to? missing a 1 frame link can cost you 60% of your life, and 1 frame links are significantly harder than l cancels. why should smash not have these execution barriers, especially now that they're easier?

in a shooter, there is no reason to not aim at your opponent. many games have absolutes, things that you have no reason to not do. yet for some reason we treat them as deep, strategical games. quake is a nuanced game and item respawns and locations create a game with depth. yet it also has aiming, a mechanic that is required in order to play at the top level. how is that any different from l cancels?

furthermore, what is wrong with l cancels being arbitrary? aiming is arbitrary, and there are plenty of mechanics in video games that could be defined as arbitrary. is this the right word to call l canceling? if so, how do you defend other mechanics?

Deus

Smash Journeyman
gonna play devil's advocate here with some arguments for l canceling ive seen that make more sense than anything in this thread imo

execution is core to fighting games. players learn basic bnb and are expected to perform them. when a ryu player punishes his opponent, should he be expected to perform his bnb combo? in what situation would he not want to perform his bnb when he has the chance to? missing a 1 frame link can cost you 60% of your life, and 1 frame links are significantly harder than l cancels. why should smash not have these execution barriers, especially now that they're easier?

in a shooter, there is no reason to not aim at your opponent. many games have absolutes, things that you have no reason to not do. yet for some reason we treat them as deep, strategical games. quake is a nuanced game and item respawns and locations create a game with depth. yet it also has aiming, a mechanic that is required in order to play at the top level. how is that any different from l cancels?

furthermore, what is wrong with l cancels being arbitrary? aiming is arbitrary, and there are plenty of mechanics in video games that could be defined as arbitrary. is this the right word to call l canceling? if so, how do you defend other mechanics?
I mean this does kinda make sense to me, and personally there are characters that I can L-cancel on extremely well and other I can't because of the difference of falling speed and such. And the ones I can L-cancel well on are... the ones I actually practice, shocker I know.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Aren't OFL's generally lambasted as being poor ways of introducing depth to SFIV's combo system? And even like L-canceling, it's solely a one-sided element of the game with next to no interaction with the opponent. Unlike those two, aiming involves interaction between two (or more) players which is just one of the major ways it's not the same kind of skill.

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace

That situation is highly variable, and you know it. 1F Links are dumb, and aren't even necessary to perform all the time. They're not even implemented in SFV because it's so ridiculous.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Because aiming is a fundamental and L-Cancel isn't

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Aiming isn't arbitrary. You don't know where the enemies are so it's up to you to look around for them, and aiming is as important as moving around then. And when you find one, you have to choose between going for the head shot and going for the rest of the body, and one is easier to hit than the other, but unlike L cancel and other arbitrary crap it also relies on what the opponent does (crouching, moving around, jumping, etc) so aiming for the head isn't always the best option. And then there's of course games where bullets aren't instant so you have to aim indirectly, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, etc.

Comparing aiming to L cancel just doesn't make any sense. And 1 frame links are dumb yo, that's why normals are as lenient, if not pretty near, as specials in SFV.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Did I just ****ing read that someone called aiming in a shooter arbitary.

Like, do you even play shooters.

Like oh my ****ing god.

I can't belive someone tried to seriously use that as an analogy. I just can't even........

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Did I just ****ing read that someone called aiming in a shooter arbitary.

Like, do you even play shooters.

Like oh my ****ing god.

I can't belive someone tried to seriously use that as an analogy. I just can't even........

Narpas_sword

As you can see, the examples you gave simply dont compare to L-cancelling as a mechanic =)
This does however show how that the people against it still dont understand what their arguing against.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I had a friend argue that it wasn't an option and that you had to do it. This time compared it to taxes...

I understand you're playing Devil's advocate, and I understand that they're not your argument, but one's you've seen, but don't use them unless you know they're good and/or you're willing to back them up.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Except those "arguments" make even less sense then a lot of what has been done in this thread.

Even the stupid dribbling analogy was better then the aiming analogy thing. And of course the Gears of War analogy I mentioned on page 3 about Perfect Reloading was a near perfect example/analogy to use in comparison to L-cancel. Hell even perfect shielding is a better analogy then freaking aiming.

There is absolutely nothing sensible in comparing aiming in a shooter, which is an extremely deep and intricate mechanic with multiple little nuances, and a button you must press every so often or get penalized for not doing it.

They aren't comparable in the slightest.

Narpas_sword

Except those "arguments" make even less sense then a lot of what has been done in this thread.

Even the stupid dribbling analogy was better then the aiming analogy thing. And of course the Gears of War analogy I mentioned on page 3 about Perfect Reloading was a near perfect example/analogy to use in comparison to L-cancel. Hell even perfect shielding is a better analogy then freaking aiming.

There is absolutely nothing sensible in comparing aiming in a shooter, which is an extremely deep and intricate mechanic with multiple little nuances, and a button you must press every so often or get penalized for not doing it.

They aren't comparable in the slightest.
than* man.
than.

But yea, the GoW thing sounds stupid.
At least with Perfect Shield, it's reliant on reading your opponent and is reactive.

I still cant think of any games I play with an intended mechanic like L-cancelling.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Aren't OFL's generally lambasted as being poor ways of introducing depth to SFIV's combo system? And even like L-canceling, it's solely a one-sided element of the game with next to no interaction with the opponent.
They most certainly are. In fact, the entire reason 'plinking' is a thing is it's a 'technique' that make suse of a handy bug in the input system that adds a frame of leniency to all links, if used properly, of course.

That situation is highly variable, and you know it. 1F Links are dumb, and aren't even necessary to perform all the time. They're not even implemented in SFV because it's so ridiculous.
The '1-frame link' in its strictest definition (that being, a series of moves with a one-frame window between previous move's hitstun, recovery, and new move's startup) does still exist in SF5, but what's changed is that internally, there's a buffer so that if you put the linking move's button in within a reasonable window (I think it's 3 frames with the current build), it will come out regardless of whether you hit the one frame or not.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
Auto l canceling thread = magnet for brawl backroomers I guess or something

The funny thing is if auto l canceling wasn't put in, none of you would be whining on the forums about it being necessary, and the discussion for something like this to be tourney viable would be nonexistant.

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011

The funny thing is if auto l canceling wasn't put in, none of you would be whining on the forums about it being necessary, and the discussion for something like this to be tourney viable would be nonexistant.
Nobody said that is should be necessary for tournaments. They just said that it is optional and it might be a good idea so that some newcomers may be able to survive in tournaments instead of just being scared of the game being technical and not playing tournaments at all.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
I really hope it's used in tournies; I know this sounds dumb, but when I'm trying to learn so many other tricks at such an early stage, I just keep forgetting it exists. When auto is on, I find myself playing much better, because I don't have to fumble around so much; my mind becomes clearer for remembering the other techs.
I like that this is a feature for people who wanted it. That said, I'm worried that this is going to cause fractures in our already splintered community.

Like, what if one scene prefers auto-L-canceling and another doesn't, and players from both decide to attend a big tournament? The TO is gonna have to disappoint somebody.
If I ever host a large PM tournament in the future, I am forcing it to be turned on.
This is really gonna help with me and my buddy playing netplay. Our computers aren't that great and the connection isn't always very solid, so this will be a great feature to turn on for that.

I'd love to see a PM tournament with auto-L cancelling turned on. Then we could finally see that it wouldn't actually affect things all that much. Hell, you could bring your more casual friends to it! They'd certainly feel better playing, even though they would of course get their ***** kicked.
That was just the first page @ qwertz143 qwertz143

Bleck

Smash Master
only one of those posters was saying it should be tourney legal you moron

I mean, it should be, but that's besides the point

Last edited:

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
only one of those posters was saying it should be tourney legal you moron

I mean, it should be, but that's besides the point
Another. Also, 3 of the 4 quotes wanted auto l canceling in tourney and one discussed TO's having to make a decision when the decision should just be no auto

Bleck

Smash Master
saying "I hope this happens" isn't the same as saying "I think this should happen", that's why the sentences are constructed out of difference ****ing words

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
saying "I hope this happens" isn't the same as saying "I think this should happen", that's why the sentences are constructed out of difference ****ing words
What do u thnk tourney viable means exactly LOL? People who want auto at tourneys obviously want it to be tourney viable. Reread my post again and maybe you might just understand what I was trying to say. Probably won't happen though

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice

I find it laughable that you still assume that we're trying to petition making it the standard despite the fact that just about everyone who is actually arguing against you has already stated that they could care much much less. I've noticed that alongside failing to argue your point, you seem to stereotype people that don't agree with you even though its quite obvious that none of us actually fit into said stereotypes. Hell, I didn't even realize the Brawl Back Room even existed anymore now that the game is dead. Good job making yourself look stupid.

Let's adress your points now. To begin with, none of us are whining and no one thus far has said it was necessary or needs to be done. Some individuals have expressed wishes that they, as individuals mind you, would like it if it was the standard. If you can't respect such a simple opinion I don't see why you both inhabiting a forum in the first place. Hell, I'm still wondering why a kirby main seems to think he/she'd be a good person to argue this in the first place. But that's not important and is just a personal thing so I'll leave that alone.

Those of us that have actually taken the time to body your sad arguments, note that I said you specifically rather than everyone who advocates l-canceling as a mechanic, are simply stating that l-canceling in general is a stupid mechanic. Not that we should remove it completely and just live with normal landing lag. Not that everyone who l-cancels is a tourneyfag and needs to start using autol-cancel, mostly because that would include ourselves kek. Simply that the idea of having to press a singular button 100% of the time, save very niche instances that could easily have been accommodated, is not by any means a good mechanic. It's arbitrary. There's no good reason not to do it and there's no respectable excuse for missing it.

The very idea that some of you think the fact that missing it giving opponents a punish window is a defense has me shocked. The point is that you shouldn't have missed it in the first place. There was no reason you shouldn't have gotten the l-cancel. Someone angling their shield in some farfetched attempt to change the timing is not a good excuse. It's a john being pulled out of thin air.

Ultimately, our point is that l-canceling only serves to over-complicate things with no real rhyme or reason. It was fine for melee because melee was not meant to be a competitive game. There's a reason Sakurai had it removed from later games in the series, though he should have most definitely lowered landing lag overall as a result. I don't agree with his choices on much but that's one thing he actually did right. L-canceling in PM is a nod to melee, the older brother it idolizes, and nothing more. Once again, if l-canceling had not been in melee no one in their right mind would have added it to PM. They'd have lowered landing lag universally if anything and been done with it.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
I find it laughable that you still assume that we're trying to petition making it the standard despite the fact that just about everyone who is actually arguing against you has already stated that they could care much much less. I've noticed that alongside failing to argue your point, you seem to stereotype people that don't agree with you even though its quite obvious that none of us actually fit into said stereotypes. Hell, I didn't even realize the Brawl Back Room even existed anymore now that the game is dead. Good job making yourself look stupid.

Let's adress your points now. To begin with, none of us are whining and no one thus far has said it was necessary or needs to be done. Some individuals have expressed wishes that they, as individuals mind you, would like it if it was the standard. If you can't respect such a simple opinion I don't see why you both inhabiting a forum in the first place. Hell, I'm still wondering why a kirby main seems to think he/she'd be a good person to argue this in the first place. But that's not important and is just a personal thing so I'll leave that alone.

Those of us that have actually taken the time to body your sad arguments, note that I said you specifically rather than everyone who advocates l-canceling as a mechanic, are simply stating that l-canceling in general is a stupid mechanic. Not that we should remove it completely and just live with normal landing lag. Not that everyone who l-cancels is a tourneyfag and needs to start using autol-cancel, mostly because that would include ourselves kek. Simply that the idea of having to press a singular button 100% of the time, save very niche instances that could easily have been accommodated, is not by any means a good mechanic. It's arbitrary. There's no good reason not to do it and there's no respectable excuse for missing it.

The very idea that some of you think the fact that missing it giving opponents a punish window is a defense has me shocked. The point is that you shouldn't have missed it in the first place. There was no reason you shouldn't have gotten the l-cancel. Someone angling their shield in some farfetched attempt to change the timing is not a good excuse. It's a john being pulled out of thin air.

Ultimately, our point is that l-canceling only serves to over-complicate things with no real rhyme or reason. It was fine for melee because melee was not meant to be a competitive game. There's a reason Sakurai had it removed from later games in the series, though he should have most definitely lowered landing lag overall as a result. I don't agree with his choices on much but that's one thing he actually did right. L-canceling in PM is a nod to melee, the older brother it idolizes, and nothing more. Once again, if l-canceling had not been in melee no one in their right mind would have added it to PM. They'd have lowered landing lag universally if anything and been done with it.
ah yes another person who doesn't understand what I said at all. Go figure. Now first of all, if you read through the thread I specifically said I don't just play Kirby, so that point is irrelevant. Now, what exactly did I say in my post?

"The funny thing is if auto l canceling wasn't put in, none of you would be whining on the forums about it being necessary, and the discussion for something like this to be tourney viable would be nonexistant."

For some reason, you guys think I am saying that people are arguing for it to be necessary at tournaments, when that isn't what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that if pmdt didn't add auto to 3.6, no one would be whining about how it should be added to 3.6, AND that people wouldn't be talking about how they want auto lcanceling tourney viable.

What is my argument this whole thread? It has basically been "quit whining like a little kid and just press the button." What is the problem with this feature? People argue "WELL FINE YOU PRESS B A Z Z L R BEFORE EVERY PUNCH SO WE GET MORE DEPTH," and if that ain't being like a whiny baby then idk what is. L-canceling is not hard to do, and it isn't inconvient, so stop whining.

People say "it's useless and their is no reason for it." Congratz, you now know how to make a subjective argument.

If I've offended you with my stereotypical comments like "go back to smash4," or "you're all brawl backroomers," then i'm sorry bud. Ha not, stop being butthurt and just press the damn button.

K thx

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's very clear at this point that you're not interested in actually reading.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
It's the same mentality from the other thread. You sincerely don't understand why fighting games become the way they do at a top level.
This is your quote. Here is my answer.

Fighting games become the way they are at the top level because people don't whine about the mechanics of the game and don't cry NERF 24/7. Sadly, pm suffers from both of these, and also the fact that it's a mod.

On the other hand, melee doesn't nerf characters and no one whines about the mechanics and is BY FAR the most successful competitive smash game.

It's very clear at this point that you're not interested in actually reading.
Considering that the past 2 or 3 posters didn't know what I was saying, or what I have said in the past, I could say the same. Now, I've made my point and your argument is "you don't read." Gud wun.

LOL

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
ah yes another person who doesn't understand what I said at all. Go figure. Now first of all, if you read through the thread I specifically said I don't just play Kirby, so that point is irrelevant. Now, what exactly did I say in my post?

"The funny thing is if auto l canceling wasn't put in, none of you would be whining on the forums about it being necessary, and the discussion for something like this to be tourney viable would be nonexistant."

For some reason, you guys think I am saying that people are arguing for it to be necessary at tournaments, when that isn't what I'm saying at all. What I am saying is that if pmdt didn't add auto to 3.6, no one would be whining about how it should be added to 3.6, AND that people wouldn't be talking about how they want auto lcanceling tourney viable.

What is my argument this whole thread? It has basically been "quit whining like a little kid and just press the button." What is the problem with this feature? People argue "WELL FINE YOU PRESS B A Z Z L R BEFORE EVERY PUNCH SO WE GET MORE DEPTH," and if that ain't being like a whiny baby then idk what is. L-canceling is not hard to do, and it isn't inconvient, so stop whining.

People say "it's useless and their is no reason for it." Congratz, you now know how to make a subjective argument.

If I've offended you with my stereotypical comments like "go back to smash4," or "you're all brawl backroomers," then i'm sorry bud. Ha not, stop being butthurt and just press the damn button.

K thx
1) There were plenty of threads discussing the removal of L-cancelling or the addition of at least an auto-L-cancel mode since...maybe 3.0? At least? I don't remember, its been a LONG time.

2) If that is your argument then it doesn't make any sense. If they didn't do it then nobody would be talking about it? Uh, sure? Also no? What is that even supposed to mean?

3) Yes congrats, "quit whining" is a fine argument to have on a forum. The word forum implies debate. That is not helping the debate, that is telling everyone to go home. And in the meantime, YOU are whining about all of the "whiners". If you don't like it and don't want to discuss whether or not it SHOULD be in the game, then you don't have to be here.

4) I can make assumptions about you as well. They aren't very nice. In general, if you want anyone to listen to you, you should try to avoid hurting their feelings, which includes attacks on their person.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
This is your quote. Here is my answer.

Fighting games become the way they are at the top level because people don't whine about the mechanics of the game and don't cry NERF 24/7. Sadly, pm suffers from both of these, and also the fact that it's a mod.

On the other hand, melee doesn't nerf characters and no one whines about the mechanics and is BY FAR the most successful competitive smash game.

Considering that the past 2 or 3 posters didn't know what I was saying, or what I have said in the past, I could say the same. Now, I've made my point and your argument is "you don't read." Gud wun.

LOL

In regards to this and your prior post:

1) This thread came up in the spring. I was in it, as were many others. This has been a consistent point of discussion that resurges every once in a while, and I can promise you that it will continue to do so, regardless of the choice to utilize the switch or not.

2) "Quit whining like a little kid and press the button" is not an argument, let alone an educated one. It is a subversive silencing tactic in an attempt to quell discussion about a controversial subject because you don't want to see or hear what anyone other than those who think exactly like you have to say. It's an authoritarian fallacy that comes up a lot in life, and I hate to tell you this, but in the real world, you have to handle criticism like this with a level head. Otherwise, you're making yourself look bad, which is simply something no one wants in the first place.

3) Spacing, footsies, being defensive, movement; all of these things do not involve L-cancelling, and yet they are hands down some of, if not the most important fundamental elements of getting good at a fighting game in the first place. With a series of thought experiements (aka considerations for those not so well-versed in philosophy), one can determine that L-cancelling does not contribute to good footsies, nor movement. One can observe that spacing does not require L-cancelling to be right or wrong.

So it follows that L-cancelling does not have any place in these fundamentals, which then puts it under the jurisdiction of "tech." And for tech, there is quite a bar for something being useful, and if L-cancelling is compared to the huge differences made by shield-dropping, platform cancelling, wave-dashing, etc., it doesn't come close.

Therefore, L-cancelling ends up being marginally significant, if anything, and that as a whole makes it worth less time than learning to do something like, say, perfect shielding. That requires unnecessary levels of precision, but it at least rewards you greatly when you do so.

That, in essence, is our subjective argument to its value. You may take it or leave it as you will, but at least consider those fundamentals and significant techs when trying to make a real case.

4) While you are correct nobody necessarily whined about the mechanics in Melee, that isn't necessarily how Melee became that successful a community. A game can have a truly powerful engine and go by without any sort of real notice. It is entirely to do with the perseverance and determination involved with the community. It's why the "Smash documentary," or as I call it, the Melee documentary, tends to highlight the members of the community after the initial discussion of how most of the things in the game got discovered. It is a community effort that has nothing to do with a static game. Character changes are irrelevant in that game because that is not part of its intended purpose.

5) Fighting games at the top level are about the small intricacies of the fundamentals I established above, in addition to mindgames. And mindgames are not a game mechanic, they are a humanistic mechanic that people can whine about all they want, but it's in the end how top level players themselves get outplayed by each other. The "skill" in question that breaks the mold at that level happens to be regarding mindgames, and has nothing to do with pressing buttons. Fox mains can press buttons in Melee and still lose to a Ganondorf player who presses significantly fewer. I rest my case on that point.

TL;DR: You're trying really hard, and I applaud your attempts, but until you come forward with a real argument that matches the educated one we're making, it may be better for you to sit down and continue to play the game the way you choose. Because nothing's stopping you right now, and probably won't be for years and years to come.

EDIT: damn 4tlas came in and covered most of what i said, nooooooo

4tlas

Smash Lord
I missed the "nobody ******* about Melee" argument, my bad. It wasn't up when I was writing my post.

Plenty of people ***** about Melee. They just don't play it because they don't like it. Since this game can be changed, people are willing to discuss the possibility of changing it for the better. If you want to argue that changing it would be bad, go ahead. But your argument right now boils down to "suck it up, just leave it alone" with no reasoning behind it.

Also Rawkobo explained exactly what makes fighting games good: the pitting of one mind against another in a tactical battle with a time limit per action. The level of difficulty in pressing buttons is irrelevant. After all, Smash has the simplest inputs of any fighting game, and none of us think that's a problem. L-cancelling is an obtrusive part of that "simple control" scheme that makes Smash great. And the other things that make Smash great (movement, matchups, recoveries, lack of hp, character flavor, stages) will still remain if L-cancelling goes. The "fundamentals", called that because they are the core of playing the game (aka decision-making), are universal across all fighters. L-cancelling is not one of these. Performing complicated inputs is not part of the gameplay (decision-making). It is part of the execution barrier, which as Smash has already shown does NOT need to be complex to be fun, engaging, and challenging. If you like that part, perhaps Smash isn't your game? Or maybe you really like the other Smash-unique mechanics but still want the complicated inputs, which I can understand. In that case, you can play with L-cancelling on. That doesn't mean that the tournament standard shouldn't be with it off, and especially doesn't mean that people can't use auto-L-cancelling in their own time.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Hey bud I'm gonna have to ask you to take a chill pill. I read back a few pages, most people in this thread were having a pretty calm, civil discussion about the mechanic until you came along. Be reasonable and support your viewpoint with real, observable points, or don't post at all. Saying the other side is whining, or babies, or anything like that is pretty obvious trolling and doesn't contribute to the conversation. I'm not gonna go thru all of your posts and infract them but consider this your only warning, shape up or leave the thread if you're not capable.

Other people in the thread, please don't hesitate to use the report function for posters like him. Auto-L-Canceling threads have historically had a poor track record of staying open but I hope this can be different given it's based on an in-game feature. I need y'alls help in accomplishing that goal because I can't manually police this thread constantly.
Thanks.

ButterMeister

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3265-5927-1235
There is no reason NOT to L-Cancel, it's always a positive gain. So why should it have to be done? I would turn on auto L-cancel at PM tourneys I am TOing and take note of it in the ruleset. If too many people complain, I'd turn it off.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Hey bud I'm gonna have to ask you to take a chill pill. I read back a few pages, most people in this thread were having a pretty calm, civil discussion about the mechanic until you came along. Be reasonable and support your viewpoint with real, observable points, or don't post at all. Saying the other side is whining, or babies, or anything like that is pretty obvious trolling and doesn't contribute to the conversation. I'm not gonna go thru all of your posts and infract them but consider this your only warning, shape up or leave the thread if you're not capable.

Other people in the thread, please don't hesitate to use the report function for posters like him. Auto-L-Canceling threads have historically had a poor track record of staying open but I hope this can be different given it's based on an in-game feature. I need y'alls help in accomplishing that goal because I can't manually police this thread constantly.
Thanks.
Discussion..? Good joke LOL

More like...

Person 1: me like auto
Person 2: me too
Person 1: yea bud
Person 3: I dont like it becuz ...
Person 1 & 2: yea why don't u press b a z after each hit. ROFL stupid argument
ROFL cuz melee LOL. Arbitrary button press really? Dumb

It's so easy to troll these people because they are so on the edge of there seat that one comment throws them off their chair and they get butthurt.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Discussion..? Good joke LOL

More like...

Person 1: me like auto
Person 2: me too
Person 1: yea bud
Person 3: I dont like it becuz ...
Person 1 & 2: yea why don't u press b a z after each hit. ROFL stupid argument
ROFL cuz melee LOL. Arbitrary button press really? Dumb

It's so easy to troll these people because they are so on the edge of there seat that one comment throws them off their chair and they get butthurt.
So you're admitting that you're trolling people?
Alright.

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
I'll say one thing, competitively for this to be implemented at all it would have to be forced, not gentlemen's. If it's gentleman's you might as well learn to lcanceling anyway because you will run into someone who won't agree to it and maybe cost you.

Casual with auto = yea sure w/e

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'll say one thing, competitively for this to be implemented at all it would have to be forced, not gentlemen's. If it's gentleman's you might as well learn to lcanceling anyway because you will run into someone who won't agree to it and maybe cost you.

Casual with auto = yea sure w/e
Well it's pretty much assumed you know how to L-Cancel anyways so...

Narpas_sword

@ MEnKIRBZ MEnKIRBZ
You keep saying we're "butthurt" and the like...
but the only one here displaying adverse reactions to comments is yourself.

Would you like to explain what value you think manual L cancelling holds over Auto?

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
@ MEnKIRBZ MEnKIRBZ
You keep saying we're "butthurt" and the like...it's
but the only one here displaying adverse reactions to comments is yourself.

Would you like to explain what value you think manual L cancelling holds over Auto?
I already did, And you countered with press l a b or get punished.

O, and when someone asks to have the thread closed, they butthurt bud.

Edit: if the opponent has to manually lcancel, you could try to mess them up( ex: m2k shooting needles at opponent. FoD platforms might be tricky to lcanceling where auto just does the work). Auto lcanceling is like reward with no work. Manual is work with reward. If u don't work, you are slower. That's all I got bud.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom