• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just for the record, I didn't really ask, just sorta...sugested it. Still, no sig can beat mine right now.:D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
**** Mic - your sig's a pisser, but it's such a low quality!

hahaha. Makes it funnier I guess.

Are you proposing we all have a standard set of @M banners, in similar vein to those MOAST ones? I could always muster one up as long as its not a direct rip. I like making sigs.

e.g. the one below is a Photoshop one. It's 'cutty pasty' to the max! ^^

PS Em - err... worst Falco ever? Cough, wheeze* (it's probably me...)

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
PS Em - err... worst Falco ever? Cough, wheeze* (it's probably me...)
No way. I've already challenged Em to that title, and I aim to get it. ;)

Are you proposing we all have a standard set of @M banners, in similar vein to those MOAST ones? I could always muster one up as long as its not a direct rip. I like making sigs.
But... what about my uber cool sig? I can't spoil that...

Ahah! I know!

EDIT: I like text based banners. :)

... I'm so sad ...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by rmusgrave
No way. I've already challenged Em to that title, and I aim to get it. ;)
Oh yeah? I challenge yo do a duel! *Shorthops around room*

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
Sunday now? I can come on Fri, but there is a slight problem. Mum or Dad cant take me because they are on their anniversery holiday. How about me and Bryce catch the train and then we walk to your place.(like your mum mentioned one time) That way, everybody is happy(except for me and bryce cos we have to do exercise). How does that sound? Oh, and is the tourney around twelve again?

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
ATTENTION!
The FTS3 Perth tournament has been postponed, and is no longer on Sunday, but on WEDNESDAY the 8th. This is to try and boost numbers as sunday has turned out to be an inconvenient day for quite a few people.

If wednesday is just as bad, I think i'll be able to push for thursday or friday, but its getting harder as we are preparing for our trip overseas.
Roland and Kalamari will not be able to come, kal has school and roland does not have his liscence to drive just yet (will by highly possible january tourney)

I'll give most of you a call anyway. But I shouldve mentioned to most it was probably going to be postponed.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Wednesday the 8th at josh's house ..... can it be done ........ YES!!! Mum says she may be able to drive me... but the whole major operation thingy may limit her drving range... so i might need a lift. Man, i cant wait to get my license.

Leavers was cool.... all the people in my group sucked at smash so i owned them all with every character, then we played mario kart DD and i owned them in that, then we put on Jedi knight and i owned them in that ..... then everyone gave up and got wasted while i sat back and laughed at their drunken behaviour. Apart from that.... there is nothing much else to tell that couldnt get me landed in prison.

Now i have to get a job ... what fun.....

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Good luck to everyone tomorrow, i think we'll be playing round robin again, but making use of both TVs for it. Ryan, im hoping you can bring your cube like last time? mat's top tier vcr will be joining us once again and also everyone don't forget to bring a controller.
I also recommend you eat before you come because there will be chips and solo cans, but thats about it.
Also, I think we'll just record matches between the regulars. But we'll see what happens.
cya at 12 tomorrow

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
TOP TIER!!!!

Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
mat's top tier vcr will be joining us once again
YEHS!!! It is so top tier it is scary. By popular demand my vcr will be making a special appearance and it will be taping the matches at 60hz, so never fear!!

Josh ... if there are 2 tv's running, then we will need 2 vcr's if we want all the matches to be taped, so you might want to find another one, cos despite my vcr's uber top tierness, it cant be hooked up to 2 tv's and record simulatneously.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
FTS3 Results!

It seems that no one posted the day of the tourney, probably cos we were dead tired from all the smash. However I wake up in the morning to give you the results of FTS3.

We had 3 new contestants this time, Ed who used link, Ed's brother John who used ice climbers and Timmy who also used mostly ice climbers. The regulars were overall impressed with their skill given they have never been to a tourney, all of them attempted wavedashing, and I saw timmy L canceling as well so they're off to a good start and will probably get good fast I think.

With Bryce sorely missed, there were only 8 competitors in all, but it worked out to an average length round robin tourney.

So here are the results: (sorry about mic_129 lol)

1st - Josh (Quetzalcoatl)
2nd - Ryan (rmusgrave/Bringer)
3rd - Kenton (TheStitchface)
4th - Mathew (Cubed64)
5th - Mic (mic_128)
6th - Ed (Boognish)
7th - John
8th - Timmy

Mic and Ed had to fight for 5th place as they had the same amount of wins, and so did John and Timmy who had to fight for 7th.

Congratulations to Ryan who achieved sound victories over Kenton and Mat. Speaking of which, Kenton and Mat had very close matches that went into a 3rd round with 1 stock remaining.
Mat also got revenge on Mic, and come out victorious after a nail biting very high percent finish. (Although it did not go into a 3rd round, still v. exciting (especially for them)).

The finals were very exciting and some of the matches were dc++ worthy if I can remember, I'll have to go through the tape and check if we weren't rolling everywhere =P. Good game Ryan, you'll do fine in Melbourne.

After the tourney was over, we decided to do a team tourney, were we paired up with people based on rankings, where 1st went with 8th and 2nd went with 7th etc. Here are the results:

1st - Josh and Timmy (Peach - Jigglypuff team)
2nd - Ryan and John (Yoshi - Ice Climbers team)
3rd - Kenton and Ed (Sheik - Link team)
4th - Mat and Mic (Falco - Samus team)

If any of those characters are wrong let me know, i'll edit.

The team tourney was actually very fun because it was very even with the way the teams were made. My team with Timmy almost always played into the 3rd round were counter staging and working together was crucial. Timmy aimed some rests and I slapped him out of it, which was our general strategy and worked fairly well.

There was also a Metroid Prime 2 screening happening in the other room, which at one point looked like the tourney was being forgotten about. But we got back on track and had 2 people playing their match while others played metroid prime 2, or watched either the match or mp2.

It was a fun and long day, but I hope timmy, ed and john all consider coming back for another tourney and even for some smash fests because they can all already do advanced techniques. Thanks for coming everyone.

Lastly, mum and dad have bought the 4 units to the side of our house so the next tourney might be in one of the units which would be very convenient. I'll work on convincing mum about it. But its also a good place for the melbourners to stay if they ever want to come back to Perth. *nudge*

If anyone wants to come over and play smash, just ask btw, im usually not doing anything (lol), so just give me a ring or ask me on msn. I'm always willing to play.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
yay!!!

id like to thank josh for hosting another sucessful tourney, and with the skill levels shown in those matches, the next tourney is one to look forward to!

Kenton and Mat had very close matches that went into a 3rd round with 1 stock remaining.
God **** kenton and your chain abusing!! and your ice climbers ... ARGH!!! Ill get you next time ... and i wouldnt mind putting that last match on dc++, it was a good one. We will forget about the ic match .. cos that was bad for everyone involved.

Mat also got revenge on Mic, and come out victorious after a nail biting very high percent finish. (Although it did not go into a 3rd round, still v. exciting (especially for them)).
YEHS!!!! That last match was a nail biter .. but i got the final f-smash!! that would be another good one to put on dc++ (find a capture card you lazy bum josh!!)

There was also a Metroid Prime 2 screening happening in the other room, which at one point looked like the tourney was being forgotten about. But we got back on track and had 2 people playing their match while others played metroid prime 2, or watched either the match or mp2.
yes ....... MP2 ...... *drools* ... i want it soooo bad!! the multiplayer is surprisingly good, so i cant wait to play 1 player

Lastly, mum and dad have bought the 4 units to the side of our house so the next tourney might be in one of the units which would be very convenient. I'll work on convincing mum about it. But its also a good place for the melbourners to stay if they ever want to come back to Perth. *nudge*
your parents have bought more property?? ...... alright!! now we have no excuse as to the numbers of people at the tourney!! our next target: 30 people!!

im usually not doing anything (lol),
you can spend that free time finding a capture card, cos all the taped matches are useless until we get one of those, so get a move along.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
you can spend that free time finding a capture card, cos all the taped matches are useless until we get one of those, so get a move along.
Josh, if you can give a computer store a call (Net Solutions is a good example :p) and see if they have any portable USB capture cards, or if they can order them in. Although they cost more, it won't void your warranty having me install it ;). That is, unless you can get it installed under warranty somehow...

Or your warranty is voided some other way :D

yay!!!

id like to thank josh for hosting another sucessful tourney, and with the skill levels shown in those matches, the next tourney is one to look forward to!
I second that! It was extremely fun there yesterday, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Yoshi dished out some ownage, and got owned some as well. That's the way I like to play :)

Congrats to everyone at the tournament, you all did really well. There were surprises and gasping everywhere. Twas great!

And now, my next obstacle is the melbourners. Prepare to own or be owned.:chuckle:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Re: FTS3 Results!

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl

GAH!!!! I want...no, DEMAND a rematch! That was too close!

Dammit! Josh, I know I wasn't in the top four, but at least get the name right!? Who is Mic_129? I hate that guy!

Everyone else, good matches, blah blah Bryce, Blah blah owned something, ect.

*Doesmannerism*

EDIT: Ryan, check your PM's ASAP!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
*tch tch*, You guys, man. You're all a bad influence on me! =D I'm sitting here at tafe and reading with great anticipation instead of doing work. ^^ Good to see another successful local tournament. Well done to all involved, more specifcally, the 5 of you we know. Exciting matches are awesome, cant wait for a viewing. Please do get the capture card, if its possible to. =]

XD

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
I swear this is forced =p

Myst Walker

Name: Sam
Mains: Undecided...currently at : Ness, Ice climbers (Go the underdogs!)

I'm being pressured to make a post, so I guess an introduction in this given format'll do =p

Horray to more smashers in Australia? Noob or no? =p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Welcome to the Smashboards Myst - Woot! Toriya! Score!

*Cao retracts loaded gun*

Now that the formalities are over, remember to train up your stubby-armed Ness and come this Friday, stat!

SWF conversions = 1.

Betobeblm

Smash Cadet
tourny

So I missed the tourny by one day eh? That's sad. :(

Just got to aussie today, the 13th.
Trying to get some smash in before I leave for road trip.

I'll be in melbournetil 15th, and sydney til 18th.

I'd like to play you quezacotl if that's cool, and whoever else.

I am going to kupo's to play caotic and kupo and lots of others if i can. So everyone who wants to play an american player come on out to kupo's. I am trying to get some good smash in, its tomorrow at 5pm (the 14th). Hopefully will see you guys there.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hey I just realised. Tomorrow is a certain day for me. Hopefully I'll actually make it there and play with ya. If not, my condolences. Glad you get to vs my friends though, who are good too. And a big hello to you Myst, we are very glad to have you join SWF, its your first major step into the world of competitive smash in Australia. =p

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm still alive and breathing... sorta. Got myself addicted to World of Warcraft so I haven't been on messageboards much of late.

Anywho, sorrys Caotic + friend who came to the marathon and we were unable to free the room up from those DDR pads and random DDR girls that held the room captive. :p

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
On saturday, i'm going to be off on a plane to burma, after a while in burma we are going to thailand. I'm going to be away for just under a month, (returning January 12). I hope that you don't miss me all too much cos i know you will =P.
Anyways, I hope that the perthites don't slack off with their practice while I'm away, cos when I get back, prepare yourselves for FTS4!
We'll verify a date when I get back, but we hopefully might be able to have it in one of the units next door to my house. Hopefully we can also get everyone who couldn't come last time.

I also think that we should do a few money matches, nothing over the top though, stuff like <$5 (ie, wussy bets) unless both people agree of course but I won't be held responsible for your $50 loss, I just provide the venue and refreshments! (and assorted junk food for kenton)

Anyway, If I don't manage to speak to everyone tomorrow, I bid you all farewell for a month, and I hope you keep yourself well and play lotsa smash. I trust that all the organisations for @M will come along well, don't let me down! Also a merry christmas and happy new year for all cos I won't be hear to wish you for that.

Bye!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
hope that you don't miss me all too much cos i know you will =P.
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! DONT LEAVE US!!! I NEED YOU (to give me final fantasy 7)!!!!! IF YOU LEAVE (without giving me ff7) I WILL NEVER RECOVER!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH (give me ff7 you bum)

Anyways, I hope that the perthites don't slack off with their practice while I'm away, cos when I get back, prepare yourselves for FTS4!
well, if i start organising something now ... with the kenton factor ... we may be able to have a practice smash meet around jan 10. ok, i better get started

trust that all the organisations for @M will come along well, don't let me down!
yeah ... how the **** are you going to get tickets??? i mean, what the ****?? maybe we should have thought this through before we actually did it. You will be out of the state when we buy the tickets ..... so yeah ..... idiot

GIVE ME FF7 DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip Josh. You come back in one piece ya hear? =] See you in Feb. Have a nice time!

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! DONT LEAVE US!!! I NEED YOU (to give me final fantasy 7)!!!!! IF YOU LEAVE (without giving me ff7) I WILL NEVER RECOVER!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH (give me ff7 you bum)
FFF-HAG! XD

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
I bought Guilty Gear X2 today, (aka ggxx) they only ordered in a small number of copies so check your EB's to see if the got any in cos this is a really good rare fighting game. Also a new game shop is opening up at Carousel, so thats something to look forward to.

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
Hope you have a great trip josh. Em, i won your naruto headbands. There were 4. i got an extra one with a musical note symbol. Anyway, they do cash on delivery so i was hoping you could email me your address and second name so they could send them to your place. that way you can get them before feb. oh, and please hurry up about it, i dont have long. Its $41 overall i think.:)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hey thats really cool Kenton. *makes puppy dog eyes at Em and makes obvious glances at her Mist band* =D Shaz, I'm assuming you'll read this post before I get around to giving you a call or whatnot, but yeah, let me know if you can smash or when you cant mor importantly. I, or we, really should do some practice since time is not limitless till Feb.. post here or call me if you like. Sleepy time for Jonny Boy... zZZzzzzzZZzzzzz

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
What? Dont i exist anymore? I want to play smash just as much as everyone else.. i'm undecided as yet if i'll play in Feb but nevertheless i do enjoy a good smash. Can't i be included in this aswell? I'm still better than probably 70 percent of us here in melbourne..sorry to those beneath me ^^;.Anyway so yeah..cant n2c be on Friday Em?That way i can stay all night if you's will. Come on!Compromise with me will ya?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I second that. Why would you consider refusing the Feb tourney? Nooooo! Do it! We need you!

PS - I hope you don't mean this Friday Cella - it's Christmas Eve. That's like family bonding time, aka anti-Smash time XD!

kupo

Smash Lord
Cella, if people do come, then by all means, we'll change it the date. I'd rather have the whole group on the day than having half the people turning up for the next.

Uh, yeah, that's if you're talking about the coming Friday...>_>

Heck, I don't even know if people will even bother turn up to the meet-up i planned originally. You're all tight *** lazy b!tches if you guys don't even bother making the effort!

Oh yea...see if I care if I don't turn up for @M. ><

Yeah...you heard it ><;;

*weilds a Giant Knife in a Pyramid Head-like manner*

:p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

I love you all! =>

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by cella_lina:
What? Dont i exist anymore?
no ... no you dont [uber sarcasm]

i'm undecided as yet if i'll play in Feb
if you dont play in feb .. i will beat you ...... lots ... like to the brink of death ... then i will help you recover ... then i will beat you to near death again. Okies?!? :D

Originally by kupo:
Heck, I don't even know if people will even bother turn up to the meet-up i planned originally
Ill come!! .... i wish :(

Oh yea...see if I care if I don't turn up for @M. ><

Yeah...you heard it ><;;
*please refer to what i said about cella*

I love you all! =>
AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
*plays worlds smallest violin*

ummm..... perth smash meet after new years anyone??

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, Cella you hack. The day after I made my last post here, I came over and ended up playing more matches with you than I did with Shaz. =p Shaz wanted to watch shows about String Theory and Alien races. I would've rather been playing smash, but it seemed to me that it was kind of a thing that Bruno and Shaz do together so I didnt say nuthin.

Hey its Christmas this Saturday. Already. What do you know.. sure crept up fast. Also, what meetup do you mean Em? The one about the Monday after Christmas? Or something. I'm a little too tired to put the pieces together. I bent my Wookiee. I think I remember Shaz saying something about n2c not doing all nighters except for weekends and friday nights.. I think. Better to ask him.

I went to the city today, it was fun. Havent been on my own before. Without a map. Quite the adventure. But I kick a$$ so I didnt have any worries. I bought myself the 2nd boxset of Naruto. (me and mum have finished watching the 1st one together, and now shes hooked lol) Good times.

Top Bottom