• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No can do. Asside from working the rest of the week, I'm too wacked. I despretly need a day off to do nothing but sleep.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, Thursday or Friday. Whatever day suits the most people, but I need to know by tonight.

No can do. Asside from working the rest of the week, I'm too wacked. I despretly need a day off to do nothing but sleep.
XD. I'm wacked too, but I'm up for smash. What's wrong with you? :p

Just kidding ^^.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So. Friday then.

EDIT: Cao, I have the $$$ order, I'll send it tomorow. Can you send it as soon as you can? I would love it working before the 25th.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Mic, seeing as I'll be coming back from a camping trip on the 24th, the donation will probably take place on the 24th or 25th. I'd bank on the 25th at this stage.

And I hope the top 4 Aussie Smashers manage to get into Ken's USA/Japan/Euro/Aus challenge.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Yes, i agree with ryan on both the 'when is the next FTS' and 'this topic needs bumping' statements.

Cos now you have those units next door, there wont be any space problems, so invite as many people a humanly possible .... but somehow i think only the 'usual' guys will turn up.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll guess we're not having an FTS before we all go to @M. But still, we need to catch up for more smashfests. When's the next opportunity Josh? If you tell me a couple of days in advance, I can get the day off work.

It's your call, mister host lol.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Hear ye!! Hear ye!!

A proclamation from me:

Tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are all suitable dates for me to have people over. Frankly, i would love it if you could come on all those days .. as that would be major kick ***, however im sure mum doesnt want to cook dinner for 3 extra people for 4 days, so we could all go out for food or do something like that for dinner instead of relying on mum to cool. Also, David and Andrew are back at school, which means you guys would have to be out of the house by 8pm.

Those are the dates and times, tell me when you are coming and i shall prepare.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I do it all the time:;) Speaking of which, I owe you some $$$ Bringer.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by rmusgraves:
Yep, it's all go. What time shall we get there?
Whenever you want, just remember you have to be out of the house by 8pm cos of school.

Also, i was watching the news and i saw all the flash floods in melbourne. Is everyone ok? is everyones family ok? is everyones possetions ok? etc etc etc ..... just wondering if you are all safe and dry.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Evidently all the Melbournites have been flooded and their gaming devices ruined. No pracvtise for them!;)

So what's next guys? Monday?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, no no. Everyone in the Smash community (and their cubes) are ok. Nothing to worry about in that regard. Melbourne has very random weather patterns, and there are sufficient flood plains and channels to drain large quantities of water very quickly. Although there have been a few places overwhelmed this time. There was speculation that a young teenager was swept away by raging waters in Werribee, but turns out no-one has been reported missing, and witnesses that heard calls for help we most likely lying, or stupid. How pointless. You guys getting pumped? ^^ Only a few days more...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It actually turned out to be a Cyclone ><"

Floods are awesome - they look really nice. Especially the Kooyong Tennis Club - it looked like a sea... ^^

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
The Ressurection

Seeing as @M has finished, and everyone has gotten their thank yous and up-b's out of the way, i think it is time to bring back the good old ATT (australian tournament thread) for more good ol' aussie spam.

Here, we can talk about the upcoming japanese tourney, the 'possible' tourney in Adeilade ('possible' better become 'confirmed' very soon guys!!!), the re-invented Perth Tournaments now know as the Not brown, brown, brown, brown tourney or NBBBBT for short and of course, other random crap that we deem nessecary to post.

So off we go!!

i may as well start off ... i have decided to drop falco and take up ganon and jiggs. Why? cos i can and it will be a change.

Now post away my friends, POST TILL YOUR HANDS BLEED!!!

im at uni now .. my books are so expensive i might have to sell my liver to pay for them.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, what a name for a tournament. Anyhoo, some new pics from the trip to Melbourne will be up shortly, including Mic's. I also think Mat is right, this old watering hole should become the focus of attention until a new tournament and thread are officially set in stone. Oh, and NOT @A. =p

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Easter's cool by me. How's everyone else?

And Em, get on so I can get the vids off you =D.

Either that, or CDify them and send them to CATS or Sam.

*Begins the agonizing wait till the Aledaide tournament*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Unsure atm Mic, sorry. It seems that as soon as I can kick Hayden's arse into gear. Once he uploads them from camera (he keeps secrets) I'll scale them all and force him to upload them (to the net). I have a new pc if I didnt tell you guys. Its an 800mhz, instead of 333mhz. ^^ atm i'm still troubleshooting, since the CPU is overheating frequently and I cant run anything large like WC3 without bluescreening before long. Other than that it seems promising. Especially for free!!! Side of the road bargain! =]

CATS

Smash Journeyman
we need a meetup in melb! we need a meetup!
stop playing warcraft3 and instead plan a meetup!
i want to play smash against everyone more!

i could hold a weekday one for anyone willing to come all the way out to monbulk.
isn't cao still on holidays? and when he gets back he'll probably need a cool off period.
more meetups sound cool.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Em got her DS today too. We went and visited Cella at work, (thanks for buying me a burger btw) and she was mucking around on the Hunter's demo. Seems really good. Still, I probably wont get around to getting mine until the next SuperChallenge ^_~ heaven knows I was overdue for the SP I won.. XD

I'm thinking a "small" meet for smash's sake next week. Also some WC3 meet too, but that can be discussed later. Smash at whose house? =] Cao I'm looking in your direction, but honestly, it makes no difference to me. So I nominate you.

*edit* Oh yeah, and btw, the photos have been touched up, so now all are a standard size, and one that wasnt loading properly has been fixed too. The ones I took should also be up soon hopefully, as I saw Hayden mucking around with the camera tonight. Keep you posted.

kupo

Smash Lord
Hehe, DS is effing awesome. And for once, I'm missing a day's worth of playing Warcraft! XD. [I got Mario DS]

Nothings been confirmed yet [or even asked for that matter], but hopefully, I can hold a meet at my place like last time.

(BTW, for those who rocked up to my Smashfest Birthday, Thank you guys soooo much for turning up! I had so much fun and felt glad that everyone got a decent intake of food/meals XD.)

And yes Plasia, it'll be on a weekend.

I got the tape off Jono. I'll get the capturing and editing done by Saturday afternoon-ish. I've thought up on good Trance to go with the vids. Hmm...I'd like Ryan's Vid to have the song "Echoes".

**** good ain't it Jon? XD

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've edited the second post in this topic to have the list of smashers in Australia, and their locations. However, the list is incomplete. Check it, and if your name isn't on there, please post here your details and I shall add you.

Echoes sounds like a good choice Em ^^.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Hey smash dawgs.

ORGANSISE THE NEXT AUSSIE TOUNRY J00 FETHS!!!...ahem

Bringer, could up change my mains on the 2nd post to C.Falcon and Samus ^_^

starting the local smash ladder in 2 weeks, gonna get some mv's happening.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Add doc and Samus in my mains, and my AIM, Doesmannerism

*Plays DS again*

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Plasia
Name: Phillip
Mains: Roy/Link
MSN: (Robert_Plasia@hotmail.com).

is now...

Plasia
Name: Phillip
Location:Keilor, Victoria (15mins from city, 30 by public transport)
Mains: Roy
MSN: (Robert_Plasia@hotmail.com)

Top Bottom