• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
QLD tourny

awesome, some brisvegas smashers appear. a QLD tourny would be choice but at the moment the QLD community here is the Brisbane and Townsville community, so a tourny would require everyone who is keen going from one place to the other place, townsville blows, so of course its gonna be brisbane. Im keen as but since there doesnt seem to be heaps of brisbane smashers (that we know of) it would be mean a fair few townsville freaks would have to come, so i guess if anyone from brisbane wants a tourny that bad, come to tsv we'll have one, and if theres a tourny is brisbane, we'll come.

i had a thought, dunno if this has been done or thought of aleady, but a state of origin tourny or something retarted like that would be a laugh. but crew battles would work easier i suppose since most crews would be from the same place, and same place is usually in the same state. cool.... i guess... o.o`

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
0_o.

Someone in melee discussion posted about Tetsuya, and one guy responded with -

Firstly,
Tetsuya doesn't play Fox, CJ confirmed this to me. (But he does play with Bowser and puff)
I should rewrite the "dl this to know which Tetsuya vids are real" some day.
The Fox vids were misnamed (being able to read japanese helps).
That Fox player is Raven.
So Tetsuya isn't who we all thought lol.

This is the closed topic.

Well, it looks like Qld is getting a decent smash scene now too. Looks like we need to step up our efforts guys ^^. I'm gonna try and resurrect the weekly north of the river smashfests, even though Tim's moved. Let's all do our best, help the others improve, and make our community larger and higher level than it ever has been. ^^

(Oh, and good luck to the other states too :p)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
We all know that Melbourne, and Victoria as a whole is still the Smash kingpin of Australia. Muhaahahahahahaaa! *flex* We have more smashers than you measley peripheral states, and also have quality & quantity, not just one or the other. All bow down to us!!! Eehhheeeee HHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

YEHS!

I'm going to Parkdale on Wednesday, even if I'm not welcome, lol. Anyone else?

kupo

Smash Lord
D*mn Jon, make it on the 14th >=[. I'm sure everyone will be available then. That's when Labour day is, right?

Anyways, besides that, good smashing for 2 days with Shaz, Cella and Carlos. I wanna smash some more >.>.

$h3!k Iz teh G0d t13rz.

Good day and Good night.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
[/pointless]

Ants of Sabre
we know.
bite my ***. ^_^

[/end]

FDV: when the next good band that tours australia goes to brisbane, i'll get my smash **** to trip down there and get some smash groove on if your lot is keen. otherwise if you guys are gonna have a tourny anyway i'll probably be there.

JIGGLYdownbDASH!!!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
In Singapore... again.

Wednesday, Divine Crono's house? Parkdale? I'm so there!

Number of Smashers found in Vietnam = 0
Number of FIFA + Winning Eleven 8 whores found in Vietnam = 80,000,000*

* = Estimated by Cao, therefore wrong, lol. But at least you get the idea.

Will be back on Victorian soil in 7 hours.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
So we talking Monday or Wednesday? o.o I'm confused >>' If it's on Monday I might be able to come and get my arse pwned.....need addy details though x3

I smashed for a tiny bit two weekends ago ;O *proud*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
In Melbourne.

I'm back home folks. The rubbish stops here. I will Smash you all in Vic land. Myst, I bap you on the head for playing Warcraft 3. This is what happens when I leave for a few weeks, XD.

Smash on Labour Day (this Monday) is cool. Somebody host that day. We could even get a Round Robin thing happening. We'll see.

Seeing Mic wants to hear what I did on my trip, I've taken the liberty of conjuring up the following blog:

The trip on a whole was very worthwhile for me. It was mainly a trip for doing family rounds, but I was happy wandering off on my own and discovering things for myself. My folks were very suprised with the changes and the direction the country has taken. Communism my arse; Nam has an even more distinct class based society than Western countries. The one-party political system has evolved into a much more lenient and globalised form of government. When we visited my mum's house in Dalat (which she was kicked out by the North), we were suprised to discover that the property could be reclaimed, provided we find the papers from 20 years back. That will take some time, but yay! Free property... (not really XD). The house is currently a police station.

I did a search in every city for Smashers. Every gaming booth/cafe was riddled with PS2's. TV's showed nothing but fields of green (from soccer games). No luck for any Smash scene here.

I got sick in Saigon from drinking ice. D'oh! I knew not to, but I thought, "ah, it's been 2 weeks and nothing's happened yet...." *slurp*, *groan*... excruciaiting stomach ache ensued. I'm fine now - immune to Vietnamese water.

By the end of the trip, I was so sick of travelling, visiting people I did not know, and the heat + haze got to me, I was just tired. Smashlessness also took its toll, and I didn't have much fun in Saigon at all. I enjoyed spending time out in the provinces with family living like a real Viet. That meant riding motorbikes on chaotic roads with almost no rules (it's actually quite dangerous, but no visitor should resist), swimming in bogs and springs, and living in a straw shack with barely any luxuries. I loved it.

There's really too much to tell and I don't want to bore others (as well as myself), so I'll just say again I had a great time. Nam is actually a good place to live, if you have money to invest. Might do so in the future.

http://img126.exs.cx/img126/9770/caoranger9vg.jpg

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nice pic Cats.

Now, I must urge that the next meetup (This saturday, hint hint) that we spend a good deal of time doing 4 player melee's, with items on and Banned stages ONLY! And no FD. The whole day.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well, I'm not the only one who's starting to find the 1-on-1's a little dull since @M.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, 1vs1's on FD are pretty tiresome, only tools do that for an entire meet. Hear hear Mic, hear hear. =]

So yeah, we had a smashfest today, was quite lifelike ^^ Nathan and hsi friend Chris and some of their mates were there as well as Cao and myself. We all had a very good time and played some good warmup smash. All involved were horribly out of practice and plenty of funny crap happened. A very successful meet. Hope to see you chaps again soon.

On a less important note to the smash community, Chris is very good at F-Zero and is easily my rival. We are that close. Nathan is also not bad at normal racing too. =]

CATS

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by SabreAnt
Lol, 1vs1's on FD are pretty tiresome, only tools do that for an entire meet. Hear hear Mic, hear hear. =]
are you calling me a tool? >:(

1on1 2on2 and 4 person FFA are all awesome
and FD is the best stage ;)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey all. If playing 1v1 mmakes you a tool, select Roy, throw me in a toolbox and lock the door so CATS, Cella, Emily and I (+ hopefully Carlos)can have some non-item-noob peace ;). Status: my absolute main is Roy now, and my side-main (like Doc was to my Fox recently) is Falcon. This in no way means I have ditched any other character, just wanting to add to the list I can say I feel I have "mastered" which I realise is a term all too often thrown around but at the same time check out I think it may be Ness' trophy ;).

Hopefully I can be there too to play some smash! :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was just saying that as something to do just to break the seriousness. At least until Josh gets an AR.

Shaz, I challenge you to a Roy ditto.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Clearly, this sage old thread is superior than page 2. Anyhow, meet tomorrow at Em's (no pun intended) from 11am onwards. Invite only its seems, but since she's inviting everyone who wants to come, lol, just ask to come! =p

Things to look out for:
1. Smash Bros (duh)
2. Naruto in all its sexiness
3. SC2, since we'll be having freaky western suburbians over
4. Captain Falcon running naked through the house cheering on his own mojo (me)
5. Shaz refusing to have a tournament and being a brat and not participating because "We all know what will happen"

...asshat.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
when do we want the next perth tourney? The 26th or 27th?

Here's what we have so far:
standard 1v1 round robin
low tier 1v1 double elim (single elim?)
teams round robin (single elim?)
Teams will be decided on the day based on the results.

Seeing as I've come first the last lot of perth tourneys I'll leave it up to you guys to make this decision: do you want prize money for top 3 spots? we could make entry fee say, 1 or 2 bucks to make the loss rather harmless and see how it goes.

Lets get some money matches happening, $1, $2, whatever, claim your money matches now.

Low Tier = mid tier or lower on the current list, yes that even includes *gulp* yoshi.

I'm also going to do a DT10, banned stages = hyrule, termina and yoshi 64
first match is random of fd, ps and dreamland
most of us know the drill here.

still not sure whether it will be at my house or next door, but its not like you'll have to travel far if it should change =P

That's all i can think of for now

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by SabreAnt

4. Captain Falcon running naked through the house cheering on his own mojo (me)
5. Shaz refusing to have a tournament and being a brat and not participating because "We all know what will happen"
...asshat.
*Does"lol"erism*

Cheap entry sounds good I guess. I'm not going to pay much for 1. I'm cheap. 2. Unlikely I'll come first.

Nice, bringing more levels to the mix.
*votes for 26th*

*Refuses to walk next door* It's enough to walk to the car and to the couch, but I am NOT walking next door! I mean, come on.

Ah to hell with it.....

EDIT: Crappy bad jokes aside, I won an AR on Ebay today. Yehs! Now the waiting begins....

kupo

Smash Lord
Hey all!
We had our meetup and a tourny today: '50 Hertz Gay Tourny' it was called lol. Of course that fact due to ppl wanting to record it was absolutely ghay, and in the end meant some of us suffered from the change....CATS and JM weren't too fond of it, but seeing as my game practically rides the back of a L-cancel donkey I did the most sooking...but hey what's new right? ;)
Anyway, Emily drove it home for the win, I came in second, Jon third...more later, though Myst is a cheapass for his matchups lol, I was glad to take him out for it coz he annoyed me :p!

Umm, Jon thanks for the long and dragged out yet overly fun matches we had towards the end of the tourny! It was really good going head-to-head with you while playing at a similar technical level for once, and it was even more interesting having something riding on it. I still admit you're one heIl of a tough opponent to break, and matching wits with you is just what I needed to boost that ever boastful ego of mine. Great work with some of your tactics today, I was impressed and fell for a few of them at first without even seeing them coming. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see you beating us around more in the future you sexy man!

CATS: See you next time in 60 Hz...That way we've got nothing to stop our practise shining through :p. I'd like ot play a strategy match or 3 with you sometime too since you're obviously a smart guy.

JM, I want to see your technical side properly!

Everyone else, thanks for coming and nice work....see you all next time or the time after...or something. (!)

Mic your isms are so annoying I'm willing to drop every last bit of complaining I do if you drop all ure isms and mannerisms etc. Do we have a deal?

Hehe, okay later all!

shaz posted that btw, didn't log out when i was at his place >.>

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Shaz, as you already complained in that post your deal is null and void. *Doesmockerism* ;)

Em- I was wondering why you were talking in third person for a bit...

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Greetings fellow Smashboardians. Indeed we had a tournament today, and hark! A good one 'twas. We dubbed it the 50hz Tournament for reasons regarding recording. But later decided it should be 'The Gay 50hz Tournament', which proved to be quite amusing the entire time. =]

Here are the results:

1. Emily
2. Shaz
3. Jon
5. CAO - David lol
5. Sam
8. JM - Joseph
8. Duffman - Ryan
8. Thunder Mistress - Ashleigh
11. Divine - Nathan
11. Nick
11. Reon
14. CATS - Nic
14. Plasia - Phillip
14. Syrick - Chris

It was a very cool little tournament and we all had a good time. Even the losers. TM showing up last minute saved us the temptation of putting a LVL9 in the 13 man bracket. Lol. Good times.

On a personal note, I enjoyed myself thoroughly, however.. my first match again Em in the 1st Final was bizarre. I 4 stocked myself as she watched a threw an occasional turnip lol. I cant explain it. I'm crap. The match that followed was very good and more like what I wanted. She still won though. Shaz our matches were the highlight of the tournament imo, close and very lengthy, theres nothing like suspense to make a tourney cool. =]

Special mention for Sam and CAO who pulled through with good rankings. Equal 5th is sexy, trust me and Shaz on that one! ^_~

NG7

Smash Lord
Gah! Look at these people. We can't be outdone by them!!! Brisbane players unite. We gotta do something. Even tho it'll be like 4 people. lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Go duffman! From what I hear, you kicked ***.

*Doescomplimentduffmannerism...puff..puff*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wow... Duffy's improved so much - it just same out of the blue. I certainly didn't expect that from the youngest fella in the smashgroup. Awesome stuff bud - you totally rock! ^^

We'll have a Doc v. Mario friendly later, comprende?

I hope everyone as a whole had fun though - some people took the back fence and I just want to make sure people had a worthwhile smashfest.

And Sam, you..... = 5th?!?!!

The world makes no sense... lol, joking ^__^
You actually did good with your space animal killing rampage.

(10 more posts until I am no longer a smash n00b)

kupo

Smash Lord
**** straight, duffy's improved. And guess what his back-up character is...PEACH! XD. Oh well, we need more Peach players.

Anyhoo, good turn out. Shame that I wasn't able to get in contact with Anf and Froddos. There's always a next smashfest and its gonna be at Caos!

[/spam]

And yeah, that's all.

I came first! yay lol

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by kupo
Hey all!
Anyway, Emily drove it home for the win, I came in second, Jon third...more later, though Myst is a cheapass for his matchups lol, I was glad to take him out for it coz he annoyed me :p!
shaz posted that btw, didn't log out when i was at his place >.>
I play Ness! I used him ALL tourney! I didn't get a single bye! ALL you bums used high-top tier characters and counters against me! What cheapness lol =p.

Props to Cao for using bowser 4 times and still get equal 5th =).

Tourney was fun, I'm happy that someone there decided to practise ness more after seeing how annoying one could be with him lol.

And psst...some of you need to stop playing lightning melee and start concentrating on normal melee, it's screwing your games haha, I reckon you coulda done better if you hadn't been stuck on lightning for so long =p.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
(Tourney) Plasia (Roy) vs Cao (Bowser) - Had no idea how to VS Bowser, lost twice, ego popped like a balloon.

(Tourney) Plasia (Roy) vs Devine (Fox) - Two quite close matches to the last stock, unfortunately he won :) I would like to think we are evenly skilled, and that he won because of fox tierness. :)

(Casual) Plasia (Roy) vs Myst (Ness) - I won them all, unfortunately Myst has improved, whilst I have not been able to touch the game since January so it was fairly close on occassion.

(Casual) Plasia (Roy) vs JM (Various) - I believe the final score was 3-4 in JMs favour, well done.

(Casual) Plasia (Roy) vs Cats (Pichu) - Cats won, I think it was a good match because it went down to the last stock, well done.

(Casual) Plasia (Roy) vs Nick (Falco) - How dare you use your sharingan on JMs Falco to copy him, it was to close for my liking (down to the last stock)

(Casual) Plasia (Roy) vs Cao (Bowser) - It went the same way as the tourney until Cao told me a major fundamental flaw in my attack against Bowser, with that hastily fixed I won. (at last)

(Casual) Plasia (Roy) vs Em (Falco) - I took 2/4 stocks off Em's Falco, which I think is pretty **** good considering Falco looks at Roy and he dies.

My monitor doesnt even switch on anymore, it's condition is that bad. Posted from school.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tied 8th by default....xD I feel bad, I am not worthy >>

Still had a great time though x3 I was pretty happy with how I did, although I lost all rounds played, considering I haven't played for ages o.o And never against such good players x3 You guys all rock ^^

Darn you all, I've been totally itching to play again >>

And for future reference it's AshLEY x3

Edit: Peh, for the front page o.o

ThunderMistress
Name: Ashley
Email/MSN: epona_race_ash@hotmail.com

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Welcome Khang.

Wow... so cool... you actually got my sister's name! XD lol.

Smash it up with us soon, yeah?

Next time when I host a smashfest (probably this easter break), it'll be called the 60HZ Good Tourney, or something like that (might even make it the NTSC version for Emily's sake). The 50HZ Gay Tourney was still fun though.

My Bowser's picked up a few CJ tricks (Emily recognised, lol), so I'm happy.

Great to see the Smash in you ignite again Ashley! Score!

Note: CATS' ranking is proof Pichu cant win Tourneys XD. I reckon it's Pichu more than the whole 50HZ issue, lol.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
hmmm? wasn't it more the fighting shaz first off and 50hz that lead to my ranking? it's not like the matches weren't close anyways, both ended on last stock with both players at high %

i'll switch between playing pichu and peach next time cept vs sam who i'll always use peach for (NO ICE CLIMBERS FOR YOU ;D)

and i don't wanna hear crap like "he went pichu that's why he lost" from a person that plays BOWSER omgbottomtieralongwithpichu as one of their mains

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey, Bowser really can't win tourneys either - unless it's a small one, or I have CJ's skill... lol. That's why I whipped out me Falco against Em and Jon (and died horribly nevertheless XD).

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Khang, get in contact with us. Unless you're someone we've already smashed with O_O But I doubt that. Contact us now! Smashing to be done m'lad.

I prefer Ash'leigh' myself, but oh well whatever. =p 16??? Youngin.

Lol, serves Cats right for choosing Pichu in the tournament. XD At least he chose Ganondorf at one point, shows he had some presence of mind at least. What a shame you and others seemed to be affected my 50hzishness. Doesnt phase me at all. Upper hand! ^^

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
****, you melbournites's smash scene is way too big. It's not fair.

Josh, since you're the host, you need to make a new thread on the Perth tourneys, so that people will find them and come. It worked for @M, it'll work for us.

Maybe.

And for future reference it's AshLEY x3
As compared to what? :confused: lol

And CATS, Pichu in the tournament? I used Pichu as a threat in @M, but I don't think he's capable of doing well enough to actually play him lol.

Nah, I have my mid-tiers, and you have your bottom tiers XD

Josh, next meet? :)

EDIT: Updated listings. I think we should change the age field to a DOB field, cos I can't be bothered changing it for everyone's birthdays. ^_^

Top Bottom