• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Just so you guys know, CATS' Pichu was decent to say the least. I know neither of us looked to impressive due to the whole being gay 50hurtzus', but his Pichu did beat my Roy in our 'let's move like Bowser' match. He does have a slight advantage being Pichu and not needing Lcancel as much (this seems to be where the 50Hz wrecks ppl most, though I'm unsure of CATS) as Roy. I'm giving CATS credit for his efforts, it was definately one of the harder matches I faught that day.

Myst, didn't you go down to my Doc? Besides, I've used my Bowser and Ness to beat your Ness before, so you can't blame tiers for your losing. You did do well though, I was just annoyed you were allowed to switch and swap matches to suit your run...I found that quite unfair.

Duffman was like Cella....advice: think of the three most expected moves....now do whatever won't beat that but will beat an unexpected move....you can win like this...and if you don't blame Marth....oh wait he doesn't play Marth!

CATS, who beat you in the losers?**** easter holidays I cant make it :(

Where are the Adelaide people?

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
The 50Hz Gay Tourney. :chuckle:

I'm going to get so much better, and I will win eventually. The only downer about the other day is that 11th doesn't sound too flash, so I'm gonna make sure it doesn't happen again. ;)

Anyways, time to get myself off the control stick jump and onto the buttons...had a good run with it, but there's only so far it can go. :D

Hope we get another sorted out soon. maybe over the holidays I could get a full RR tourney sorted out. For reasons of time, maybe I could host it over two days from 11-ish onwards...I don't know, I'll see. Just a thought for the moment now though. :D

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I was just annoyed you were allowed to switch and swap matches to suit your run...I found that quite unfair.
Upon some careful thought, this will not be allowed ever again. Nothing should have changed Sam. Although I'm not certain if the outcome as a whole would've changed much, I let you change and give me a bye because I was wholly unaffected. However. Nick had that bye, and you would've gone to the loser's bracket one round earlier had you faced me first, as originally intended. In light of this, there is the possibility of you having been knocked out sooner. This was unfair, and I apologise to Nick. No squirming in future.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Next time, the bye needs to be given to the person expected to have the longest run in an elimination tourney. It only makes sense.

Divine, a large and properly organised RRT would be excellent, but it'll be hard to pull off something like that over two days (let alone one). Most people don't turn up at the same time; you just bank on the hope that they play everyone during their time spent smashing. Best way to minimise problems is to have many TV's going off at the same time.

Accurate rankings would be awesome though.

PS CATS - Bowser is no longer bottom tier; the tier list has been revised and now he's low tier - WOOT!

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
um...looks like all of the "cool" melbourne people are having lots of fun...just one question...what's so bad about 50Hz?

EDIT: Notice I put the word cool in quotation marks, and spelt melbourne with a lowercase 'm'...subtle huh?

NG7

Smash Lord
Brisbane Players:

Me and my friends have decided to hold a monthly smash gathering. My friends said i could bring along people from these forums. One thing i have to say though is if wish to come, please refrain from saying "OMG wavedash OMG shffl OMG etc etc" because it would really put them off. To be honest it really puts me off too. haha. But yea, details soon.

my e-mail: quiet_departure@hotmail.com

add me to msn, i get on often.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Jon - good to see you've agreed...now you know why I was happy to end his run - though it meant I couldnt get 5th :O!

NG7 - don't be jealous, just be zealous.

TM - You clown :bee:

KO - Bowser is totally a wildcard :D

Mic AKA Milhouse...why did you eat all the food last night? Don't try blame a monster either.

Not Brown Brown Brown Brown is a cool name, and it's sister is 50 Hz gay tourney/60 Hz cool tourney...now that's a hell of a thing. Australia is frickin strange. Brisbane, your tourney can be called WWW.MOP: Wish We Were Melbourne Or Perth. If I ever host a tourney soon it's ganna be called: Dignified Space-aged Sex Monkeys.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Most likely sunday of next week, we might need to actually use the second tv for matches as well if we wan't to get everything done in time.
Also any money matches? I'll do $1 matches with zelda if anyone is interested.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, Sunday of next week pretty much removes any chance of the pokecard players coming in to get owned at the tourney. Unless cards aren't on next week, due to easter......... Mic? You know?

Also, anyone willing to host me after dinner tonight so I can escape my sister's party? I'm scared.... :(

If not, I can always just hide in the study and hope they don't play truth or dare >_>.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Bupalump

Heh heh, any get dared to bust into the room and rub your head again? *Waits for Nbbbb*

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Mum 4 days ago: 'yeah, you can go to josh's next sunday'

Mum Today: 'no, its easter sunday, we are doing lots'

*SIGH*

chances are i will still be coming, but dont hold your breath

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, tell your mum she conctradictory, and then call her a Category 5, Ownage Machine. *holds breath*

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=...1cac8174b4c15d5
Written by James Gay? WHERE? OOoooooooooooOOOOOOoooOOOOooOOOoOO! I must seize and thrust this individual! YEHS!

Clearly this topic deserves better than page 2.

kupo

Smash Lord
So, when's the date of the next meet? Exactly when in the Easter Holidays?

Anyways...

I was thinking of organising a Smashfest [or even better, a round robin tourney] before I leave for America which is on May 25th. However, the S.E people will have to travel a fair distance. I was thinking of going to the E2 games store and hold the tourney (which is most likely), but for now, I'm going to go look around for places, since I have a stack of free time. So there won't be any last minute deals [worst case scenario - Having a smashfest at my house -.-;. *Stabs self*].

Of course renting requires money, so entrance fees will apply.

I want everyone to go to Cao's smashfest and mine too. Cause C'mon! I want to see everyone before I go! (I'll only be gone for a week lol =P, but STIILLL).

*~* For those people who've registered with E2 forums should have recieved a newsletter detailing about the hiring venue.
*~* For those who haven't either PM or IM me for more deatils.

So...for now...

Post when you'll be available for my smashfest...or RR tourney ^.~

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Smashfest update, Ken sponsorship proposal.

My Smashfest could be held on the following days. Nothing is confirmed yet, but these dates are what I’m looking for:
Friday 1st April – Saturday 2nd April: those who want to crash the night and smash with me all-nighter style might be able to depending on numbers.
Friday 8th April – Saturday 9th April: same deal as above, except that Friday will have to start late from 8pm onwards; I will be attending an awards function earlier.

Like I said, nothing’s set yet, it’s just an idea of when I want to host, so you guys can arrange whatever it is you have to. And if it goes ahead, I’m hosting a low-tier tourney in accordance with the new MBR Tier list (Sam gets jibbed - NO IC’s, lol!), and possibly another tourney of some kind. NTSC tourney, perhaps?

I prefer the second date, because the first date is too soon for me; I have a ton of s*** on.

There’s something which I want to discuss to you Smashers about. It seems that Ken’s looking to seek sponsorship for an Australian visit over the Christmas period. I wouldn’t doubt Melbourne’s capacity to raise the required finances before the year’s end. However, if it were to go ahead, it will require everyone to pitch in a small donation fee every time a Smashfest occurs ($10-$15), to help get Ken over here. We are not going to rely on a fair few smashers to fork out hundreds of dollars again. We’d have to stop wasting money at expensive gaming centers, and using that money to fund him over here. But it’s not that simple (as though as it sounds already). Perth has expressed a strong desire to acquire him, and if that happens, it’s up to Melbourne to decide if they want to assist Perth in raising the money. I’m pretty sure it was Shaz who pushed the idea for Ken to come over here, but seeing he’s decided to take the back seat with these things (I don’t blame him after tackling CJ), it doesn’t really matter.

Adelaide better do something fast if they want to host an Australian tournament, otherwise it’s Perth or Melbourne’s game again, especially if Ken does come over.

So what I want to know is should Melbourne make the effort? Or should we save ourselves the trouble? I’m personally neutral on this decision as I’ll be off to a year long US exchange program, but I do care about the welfare of my fellow Melbournite smashers and what they feel about the issue. I'm also interested in seeing what smashers from states other than WA and VIC think.

It’s a tough ask to raise a lot of money, and if the response is lukewarm at best, I will not bother.

PS Em - I'll go to your Smash thingy. I will wag everything if necessary, lol.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
I should be fine for either Saturdays and maybe the 8th, don't know how thrilled mum will be about the time, but we'll see xD 1st I still have school ;_______;

If the Melbourne peoples would like to have Ken, I'd be happy to chip in a little, but I won't be here at the end of the year either so it doesn't really effect me much e.e

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oooooooh. I'd love to have Ken over, but I don't know how much I'd be able to help. I'd be able to throw some cash in, but not piles....If I could I would. If only he came over for @M....stupid lack of timing....

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
I'd prefer to get my game up to scratch before I personally take interest in visitors, but if it's needed, I'll possibly pitch in a little bit.

As for these smash thingies, I don't even know what the plan is for Em's, but I'll go to both. :D

I don't think I'd turn up at 8pm, Cao, but I'd be there bright and early the next morning. :D

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yoshi is low tier!

Y'know what?

Perth can have Ken while Melbourne can have Captain Jack!
Hey, its almost as if Josh said the same thing. :p

Question is, would any melbourne people be interested in flying to Perth for a tournament around christmas or so this year, especially if Ken came? Or would you all be bums and stay home? XD

There's no point us bringing Ken here, if we're the only ones that verse him. So what's the deal?

tim1

Smash Rookie
I am 99.99% likely to arrive at the tournament on sunday. w00t.

the catch: getting home will suck so much that it'll make you explode and die.
This means that I kind of need either a lift home (an extremely unreasonable request) or to stay the night over at someone's place (also a rather unreasonable imposition). this is because the buses that take me home stop going to cannington station at like 3pm. last time I walked home, and I can do it again, but I don't like to, on account of it being slow and painful.

can anyone let me know if I can crash at their place so I can catch the bus first thing the next morning? or even a lift? depending on how late the tournament finishes, I might be able to catch a bus from a bus stop a little closer to my home, as the buses don't stop at 3, they just stop going as far.

of course, if evan can make it, it's all cool. i can get a lift with him. but that's only if he can make it, which is uncertain at this point.

also, I'm no longer a smash n00b with 1 post :(

CATS

Smash Journeyman
choose whichever date is most convenient for you cao, i will come and stay over ;)

i will chip in $0 for ken to come over

i wanna know more details about e2

wrong shaz wrong

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
My 2c

Originally by Sabreant:
Lol, tell your mum she conctradictory, and then call her a Category 5, Ownage Machine. *holds breath*
great, now im grounded. thanks jon.
kidding, but i definantly cant come to NB4, can we hold off for another week?

Originally by CAOTIC:
Adelaide better do something fast if they want to host an Australian tournament, otherwise it’s Perth or Melbourne’s game again
Yeah, whats happened to all the SA guys .... did we scare them all off during @M? guyyyyyyyyyssssssssss ......
anyway, im sure perth will be more than happy to host another Aus Tourney if no one else steps up.

It seems that Ken’s looking to seek sponsorship for an Australian visit over the Christmas period
'sponsorship' or 'he wants us to pay for his airfares and accomodation'

Perth has expressed a strong desire to acquire him
we have .... wow ... when did that happen. i should really try and keep up with things.

Originally by kupo:
Perth can have Ken while Melbourne can have Captain Jack!
yeah, we can also have azen, isai, mike g and wes. i like that plan.

Originally by rmusgraves:
Question is, would any melbourne people be interested in flying to Perth for a tournament around christmas or so this year, especially if Ken came? Or would you all be bums and stay home? XD
YEAH!!! fly over here!! its only $398! ... unless prices go up by then ... hmmm, but im sure you can all make it. id be more than happy to help get a few people over (if i get this new job) and it would be cooooooooolllllllllllllllll ... cos you would all be in the houses next to josh's and we could all stay together and it would be cooooooollllllllll .... c'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (dont be bums *looks at shaz*)

btw, isnt qwester coming to perth in august .... josh ... any idea about this? ill check dc++.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Re: My 2c

Originally posted by Cubed64
yeah, we can also have azen, isai, mike g and wes. i like that plan.
Don't forget Fumi. I'd love to see a match between top tier yoshis.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Who's going to want to travel all the way to Perth for a tourney, besides the susal suspects (whom are mostly likely to be incredibly broke after trips to NC and Japan, so you can't even bank on them coming, lol)?

And around Christmas? That's worse than Valentines Day!!

$398 is way too much to go out of my way to play Smash. Just ask the Smash community's stingiest person, CATS!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by CAOTIC:
Who's going to want to travel all the way to Perth for a tourney, besides the susal suspects (whom are mostly likely to be incredibly broke after trips to NC and Japan, so you can't even bank on them coming, lol)?
yeah, i totally agree cao .. what kind of stupid, moronic, douche bag, idotic, braindead losers would travel to perth for a tourney?? i mean, what kind of freakish morons would do that???? I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!! ANYONE ELSE KNOW?!?!?!?!?!? *looks for suggestions from emily, jon, shaz and maricella* NO ONE CAN HELP ME OUT HERE?!?!?!? I MEAN, THEY MUST HAVE BEEN STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneoneoneoneoneshift+one

And around Christmas? That's worse than Valentines Day!!
I KNOW!!! WHAT DUMBBAG THOUGHT UP HOSTING A TOURNEY ON VALENTINES DAY!!! my girlfriend was crushed when she found out i would rather play nintendo than be with her. she then pepper sprayed my and hit me in an area that may ruin my chances of having kids.

$398 is way too much to go out of my way to play Smash.
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what idiot in their right mind would ever pay more that $20 to play smash? seriously?? WHAT FOOL WOULD?!?!?

Just ask the Smash community's stingiest person, CATS!
hey cats, want to come to perth, ill pay for you.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Shut up Cubed.

Point was that besides those 4 coming to Perth again (which may or may not happen), I don't know anyone else who would. No one is that dedicated around here. So stop bull****ting me with your lame rhetoric.

Paying $398 to go to Perth? Yes, you guys are fools. You can do much better with that kind of money.

Go and play Smash or do something more important with yourself, instead of quoting everything I say.

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
You've corrupted my vocabulary with YEHS! hope you're happy. :mad:

:p

Update for those who cared; I'm on a hybrid system of jumping with buttons and stick. I think my game is slightly worse. I can pull off all the moves though! :D

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
great, now im grounded. thanks jon
Hehehe

I'm not going to Japan, or America because I'm not good enough, and I dont care. They are too expensive anyway. I'll definitely come to Perth if you guys dont make the date too soon. I'd love to reminisce with you all. I'll also come to both Cao's and Emily's smash meets, assuming I'm not working. (my work schedule is becoming more and more volatile)

I will not give a single dollar or cent to help Ken come because I dont like him at all. At least CJ was polite and was much more skilled than Ken ever will be. Ken can pay for himself or go away.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by CAOTIC
Point was that besides those 4 coming to Perth again (which may or may not happen), I don't know anyone else who would. No one is that dedicated around here. So stop bull****ting me with your lame rhetoric.
Well if YOU don't know who else would, thanks for your contribution. Why don't we wait and see? Maybe an adelader? Maybe a Queenslander? You don't know EVERY smasher and what goes on inside his/her name do you?

Paying $398 to go to Perth? Yes, you guys are fools. You can do much better with that kind of money.
And why's that? Numbers? We may not have as many as you do, but we certainly have the quality. Plus, we'd have Ken. That isn't an added bonus?

Go and play Smash or do something more important with yourself, instead of quoting everything I say.
Nah.

I say Cao, you don't want to come fine. Just say that. None of this "It's a waste of time and money" bullshit.

On a lighter note- OoooOOOooOOOoooOOO, little Boi and Yehs!:)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
And with what Jon said, I say screw it. It's not worth the effort; Perth, he's all yours! hahaha.

The Falconism is spreading... this is not good. I might have to start an Anti-Falconism awereness campaign, as futile as it sounds... lol XD.

PS - Wow... Mic posts a meaningful post for once! All this arguing is definently better than stupid 'bump' posts! XD lol. Oh, and I don't think on Adeliade's and Queensland's behalf. I think on Melbourne's behalf.

Good luck with getting Ken.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
oh, so its alright for us perth people to pay that amount to go to melbourne, but perth obviously isn't worth the money in return.
yknow, for someone who won't even be around for the tournament if it happened in perth anyway, i think it should be you, cao, to shut up.
We had heaps of fun when the 4 came to perth, quite frankly you won't be missed if you were gonna bring that sorta attitude about perth here anyway.

I'm disgusted about those comments cao, with that sort of attitude there will be no more australian wide tournaments. Just because melbourne has more people, doesn't mean that we are somehow an inferior community and aren't worth travelling to.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Obviously the worth is a matter of opinion, and I'm aware that the Melbourne people had a great time in Perth. If you guys are willing to spend that much to travel, you're entitled to your opinion as I am mine. I'd go to Perth on the account of something else besides just Smash. And I am not influential enough to endanger the state of Australian Smash Tournaments, geez, lol. My attittude will not change anything. People will do what they want to do. So take a chill pill and start arranging a way to bring Ken or someone else over to get more people interested in travelling to Perth.

Top Bottom