• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
January sounds terrible. US Winter semester starts in early January.

My preference is early December. So, if I save up enough money (which hopefully isn't a problem) and the date is ripe, I might come along for the smash ride.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well, I live up near Devonport, but I can easily travel down to Hobart if you do come down
Perth is to expensive for me, which is sad, but maybe at some point I can take that boat up to melbourne to visit some of the smashers there :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yes that would be awesome Sloth, and there a lot of us. Devonport is even better than Hobart, I just assumed you were there, lol. It's close to the Spirit of Tasmania.

Had another little intimate meet today, with Em, Jon (great to see you guys after so long!), and other (Myst XD). Hopefully I've given the impression that I've improved a little because I've been putting in time recently, but yeah, got some good games in to take away the rustyness. And Zelda is still cool!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yeah, thanks for having us Dave. It was cool to vs you guys again. ^^ Luckily for me I had warmed up with Immanuel the day before, so I was into it pretty quick. Its been dryspell after dryspell for me and smash lately. But I'm still sexy. Clearly.

Good work with your characters Em, as usual, you beat me rather predictably. But I feel I'm doing better vs you these days than ever before. Cao, and Sam, man you guys are good, but you need to stop copping knees XD

CATS

Smash Journeyman
!! i wish i could have gone to a smash meet :(

guess i will have to wait until cao has his meetup. i hope it can proceed cause i haven't played smash against anyone for aaaaaages.

sorry bout the 9pm thing the other day, got kicked off the comp by people wanting to watch anime and cause they had it full screened coupled with my no alerts being turned on, only after they finished did they tell me i had lots of little flashing message windows.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
To Em, Josh and Shaz: Mr Silver has posted a topic about the Japan thing in the Tournament room, which is specifically about Australia and Europe. I've posted there myself to express my interest, but I only really want to go if Em or Josh comes. No offense to Shaz or Cella, but I don't want to be hanging off you guys on your honeymoon.

So basically, it's up to you guys whether this thing happens or not, I'm not really fussed either way, because it'd be cool to go, but I save money if I don't. I won't be disappointed if you can't come, so don't worry about that. =)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Gasp! Someone has just posted in the ATT thead! What awesome news could possibly have just been posted?!

Oh... it's just Mic and another one of his 'bump' posts.

*Excitement deflates like a balloon.*

Played MKDD LAN Tourney with CATS, Jon, and Em last nite. Was fun. CATS is totally uber and won! ^^ Jon came second, and I scored CATS' RE4! Yay!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yeah guys, last night was great! Except for gettin home at 1:17am and gettin up for work at 7:45am. But I had worse with the interstaters. We shared our insomnia like a cherished gift! ^^ And so it was. Good memories..

Anyway, me and Cats had a major monopoly in the finals, orchestrating an alliance, whilst player 1 and 3 fended for themselves. Cats scored 6 wins over 16 tracks, and I got 4 or 5. We had some uber tactics going on, including what I like to call 'meat-shield' where 2nd position would linger behind, near 3rd and slow down 3rd and 4th giving 1st position a dramatic lead and blue shell non-caring-ness. Also, interchangeable victories, where one of us would allow the other to pass and maintain postions till the finish line! LOL! Cheap, but fun. It was more about the fun really.

I scored some $50 game. Called 'Medabots Infinity'. Looks not bad, and for free you cant really go wrong. Em and Cao also had a good time I think and both won some races too. ^^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have a psychological disadvantage versing Jon 1-on-1 in anything.

I had to face him 1-on-1 for a place in the final. And it was a dagger! A dagger through my heart! XD Lol, but it was funny how the 4 of us coordinated ourselves to help each other win. It actually made MKDD fun for once! And man, I was loud. XD

kupo

Smash Lord
Yeah, I had lots of fun. But the main highlight was my smash match with two people against me. Scored $5 and won both rounds XD.

I won a race! i swore i could've won more, but eh, I wanted Cats and Jon to be in the finals. Cao, LOL. I just kept aiming for you lol. I swear if it wasn't for me, you would've been in the finals instead of battling it out against Jon and the other people! XD

I had so much fun hanging out with you guys XD. Too bad there wasn't a smash session =[.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
hehe i got 6 wins in the first round of 16 tracks and in the final i had 9 wins out of 16 tracks :D

the highlight of the night was definately the super rivalry for 1st jon and i had in the first round, the super alliance jon and i had going in the finals, and em totally destroying some guys who thought peach and sheik were 2 of the worst characters in the game.

"Shriek can rack up damage fast but she can't get the KO. her smashes are just too weak" - dude who was good at MKDD but not so good at SSBM

"Mewtwo is probably the best character in one on one" - same dude

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Yay! finally another smash meet in preth has come and gone.

Oh yeah josh, can you still feel the double meteor smash?? hang your head in shame!

NTSC is uber unfair .. falcos dair is broken, so is yoshi's!! one hit does 51% ARGH!! 3 hits and your on 107% then a forward smash finishes you off ... poor gannon ... didnt see it coming.

Kenton, you suck. you are now officially 'no-show boy'. You could have at least rung and said: 'hey guys, i aint coming'.

Someone figure out how to save AR codes, cos then we can get down to some taping of AR matches :p. Wireframe!

now i have to finish my psychology essay on 'do violent video games encourage violence in children?' ... what a stupid ****ing question, **** son of a ***** psych essay. *stabs a random person*

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Perth also had some excitement last night with a smashfest. Props to Mat for improving a lot recently, and for the double meteor ownage against Mewtwo, ganon and jiggs suit you more than falco does imo.

Quote of the night: 'The *** can smell your fear' - Mat

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
My dad is going on a business trip sometime mid-next month in Perth.

So.... heheheeeeeeee... I might see you guys in Perth. I'm currently organising my schedule, and it's not definently set in stone (I can afford to wag 5 days of uni, hahaha), but if i'm there, I'll be lingering around the 'Cannington' area.

Will confirm what goes on later.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ahh, but Cao, I thought it was a waste of time to come over here? ;)

Mat, way to go with Gannon. Your resistance to the ways of the cape was very frustrating. Nice double meteors though....ouch. Stamina mode was fun. Lightning melee...*shuddders*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
lol, Mic, I said I suck, didn't I? I shove my own words into my mouth XD! And it really helps when you don't have to pay for the full airfare to get to Perth.

And I apologize for my earlier remarks again, because if I arrive there, I wanna play you guys on good terms - not being stale mates and such.

This thread occured because CATS and company pwned the MKDD LAN Tourney, it's a pisser of a read filled with n00bs and left-wing nutheads XD! Particiapte in it if you guys want, and provide your suggestions thoughts etc. Not that you could get to some of these posters, they do appear stupid :

http://s9.invisionfree.com/E2_Games/index.php?showtopic=87

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
In regards to the latest smashfest -

Good job Mat, for that 0% to death string of hits on my Yoshi, it was ownage clear and simple. I can't remember if I won that match or not, but now I see why they say Ganon apparently counters Yoshi (as pretty much every character apparently does, because so many Yoshi players suck)

Good job Josh, your Peach owned me a lot until I warmed up to your new moves. Then it owned me a little less. Lol.

Mic, well, you did about the same to me as you normally do, but you did well against the others, so props to you. *Throws stage props* But seriously, you've got a great defensive style going, with Samus and Doc, and your Falco's dair owned us all. Good job ^_^

Kenton, come next time, and bring Bryce. And Timmy and whoever else can come. The more the merrier ^^.

RANDOM

Smash Cadet
Well, I guess I'll introduce myself

Name: Trent
Mains: link shiek

i am one of the biggest zelda fans "its not just a game its a legend" and i love smash bros I am good but not great at smash but that just means I have room to improve

thanks to CAOTIC for telling me about this site I met CAOTIC, CATS, SabreAnt and kupo at the MKDD LAN at e2games i was the one who played as link in smash ( taller guy with spikey hair) i cant wait to play against you guys even if i get my *** kicked it is still fun and im sure my friend marcus the one who played as nes and is good a MKDD and my friend simon the one who played a fox and marth will join soon

thanks a lot see you guys later

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Score! Looks like the night wasn't to no avail! My ulterior motive was to pull more people into the competitive Smash scene with the help of Em's uberness, hahaha. Welcome to the boards, RANDOM. Yep, we'll organise a smashfest soon. Happy smashing!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
LOL! Hi Trent, good to see you. Were you the one in the white shirt? Its almost worth posting to the e2 thread to rub it in to kreation. Guy's such a hack.

kupo

Smash Lord
Mentioning "kreation" really makes me boil.

SHANNARO!! *inner Em*

Seriously, I'm ready to kick that friggin' f***tarded douche bag crap headed six year old dumb ***hat version of Snex.

[No, nothings worse than Snex I know]

Let's blow up the joint and have a 60HZ GT!

Okay, I let it all out. Now let us never hear that ******y maggot name ever.

Peace

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Except for gettin home at 1:17am and gettin up for work at 7:45am.
Get a job Jon :p - then you shall know.

MK nice work guys.

Smash, vs WITH me soon not behiind my back scared in shadows trying to develop your skills enough to compare to my exsphere *Lloyd pose* Don't even bother giving me this cr^p that I suck either....like that matters to you guys who go around ****** noobs *rolls eyes*

Kreation ?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Yep, get with the times, then ye shall know. Btw I have a job. 2 of them. I know all about it. Also, I was the one who stayed with our interstate guests, so I've seen more insomnia related horrors than you ever will. LOL!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by SabreAnt
insomnia related horrors
I thought of our time together as an awake dream. :( Hurt jon....

Smash, vs WITH me soon not behiind my back scared in shadows trying to develop your skills enough to compare to my exsphere *Lloyd pose* Don't even bother giving me this cr^p that I suck either....like that matters to you guys who go around ****** noobs *rolls eyes*
What?

EDIT: ARGH! 1st post on page 128!!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, that's just funny. Mic gets first post on page 128.

Your fox sucks! *Runs back to Perth* Prove me wrong! XD

(kidding)

Inner Em lol.

And Snex isn't the worst out there... you ever watched Jerry Springer?

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by rmusgrave

And Snex isn't the worst out there... you ever watched Jerry Springer?
Ahaha, Jerry Springer cracks me up xD It's scary though, some americans e.e

And if you're male snex isn't so bad e.e; Being a girl just plain sucks. *snex hate*

*wants to smaaash (although still not that good)* ;-;

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Cool. I thought I had you pinned. I was right. Oh and mic, that was just a figure of speech! XD I'd do it all again in a heartbeat ^_~

Some loser had a crack at your appearance Cats, I wouldn't take that! OOoooooh!! Nah, I'd post something to shut him up, but the e2 boards have had enough of civil unrest as it is. It'd only stir up more arguments.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bah, stupid dominoes. Guys... I can't make it on Saturday or Sunday. Your choice whether you want to have the torunament then or not. I can't be guaranteed to come to all of them ;)

My suggestion would be a Monday of a common Study Break with UWA and Murdoch, since I have mondays off and have already had a Study Break. I dunno tho >_>

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh great. The tournie date is in doubt, and I have to take my computer in to get fixed. Which means no net (Unless our old computer can hook up), so Josh? can you SMS me when things are sorted? (Tourn Shambles!)

RANDOM

Smash Cadet
just got zelda four swords adventures and it rocks it takes me but to the good old snes days i suggest you all buy it (better make this post about smash) smash also rocks

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
I guess i make one of these.
------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Nick
Mains: Falco, DK and Pikachu
------------------------------------------------------------
Also Im having a little smash get together at my house next week most likely wednesday,so far its Cao,JM,Eric,Plasia,Dr.Peace,Anfo(Possibly Coming),Frodo(Possibly Coming).
Contact me for details if you want in. Im trying to keep in reasonable small as well so my parents don't go ape **** on me so if thier are to many people want to come i might have to tell you no so sorry in advance.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! 2 week study break!!! next week and the week after!! and guess what! mum, andrew and david are all going away!!! woop-woop!! free house! free house!!

so josh/kenton, feel free to come over whenever the hell you want and stay for as long as you want. I dont care, and neither does mum.

seriously though, come over, ill be bored.

As for the tourney, i guess we can postpone it for another week. Chances are josh has done no prep and the only people who will turn up are the usual.

So whenever.

kupo

Smash Lord
Contact me for details if you want in. Im trying to keep in reasonable small as well so my parents don't go ape **** on me so if thier are to many people want to come i might have to tell you no so sorry in advance.
Can't say no to me biatch! I'm comin'! XD.

*Votes December for Perth Tourney*

That's all I have to say. ^.^

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Assuming that I can weedle out of getting a job for a few more days, I can hopefully make the meet too. I'll let you know closer to the day. Got my forklift licence today!! GO ME! So yeah, that was cool. I must also put my vote in for a December tournament in Perth. The only forseeable problems with this date, is a possible inflation of ticket prices, what with it being holiday season and all.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, I drive the forklift all the time without a forklift licence... and so does my dad. The joys of owning a business ^_^

Question: Could you make it in December Cats, with your new Ino job? Cos I want you to come, but may not have the finances to sponsor part of your trip.

MxO came today! I can't activate it till Mum gets home so I can use her credit card >_>, but other than that, tis all good.

I am a university unit guinea pig.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well, I want to plan to go up to melbourne during my september holidays, just so I can play all you melbourne people :p
I won't know if I have the money to go yet until June at least, so right now its still an idea
So, I was just wondering, how much is accomodation? :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
My comp is out of action until AFTE the weekend. I am going to be getting some major practise until then....

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
December it is!!

w000000000t!!

start saving you sexy beasts!! yaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!

Originally by rmusgrave:
Haha, I drive the forklift all the time without a forklift licence... and so does my dad. The joys of owning a business ^_^
*phones the health and saftey department*
MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Originally by Sloth:
So, I was just wondering, how much is accomodation?
Accomodation in perth is free.
thats right, free.

you will also be staying with all other smashers from australia that decide to come plus any overseas guests.

did i mention that you get free accomodation in perth? i did ... good.

ANY OVERSEAS PEOPLE WANT TO COME TO AUSTRALIA, SAY SOMETHING!!!!

Top Bottom