• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sloth, accomodation in Melbourne (I'll actually answer the question for you, lol) is something along the lines of $25 minimum per night. Prices change according to demand, but expect around that. An alternative is to suck up to a Melbournite and get them to put you up for several days in exchange for smash (for example Bobby, lol). XD

In other news I won free money today for pwning in Uni. WOOOOT! So this means I'll be going to Perth in December. All swish? Yes? Good.

Lastly, Melbourne has 2 smashfests on the horizon.

'THE BEST OF THE WEST' SMASHFEST
Host: Nickcaine87
When: Either this Tuesday or Wednesday, MSN him for details. Places limited.

MELBOURNE LOW TIER TOURNAMENT and/or the 60HZ GAY TOURNEY (seeing there's no pleasing Shaz in anything, I'll just assume 60HZ is gay too hahahaha)
Host: CAOTIC
When: Next Friday night until Saturday evening (15th-16th April). Those who want a Friday all-nighter, MSN me, and I'll sort something out. Saturday should run until 5pm - if there are still people lingering around, I'm stuffing all of you into my room like sardines. Contact me for info and confirmation, otherwise you ain't on my invite list.
Tourney rules: Double Elimination, Best of 3, 4 stock setting, 6 random netural stages, NO stage counterpicking, Loser counterpicks character, NORMAL MELEE, Low Tier Tourney bans characters that are Top, Upper and High Tier, according to the new MBR Tier List. No birds, no foxes, no fruits, no Jones!

Hope to see you there. You will get ranked by yours truly. Bowser for life!

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I have Benji's 18th birthday 1pm on that Saturday. I guess I'll have to stay overnight with you on Friday Cao ;)

I'll have to leave at 11am or midday or something though to get to Benji's party at a reasonable time. So for all you people who want to attempt to assert your manliness over mine you'll need to rock up in the morning.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I'm going to try to attend both. Maybe mum will show some leniance and let me be a bludger for a few more days! ^^ Oh, Ryan, I am more qualified to run your business!! LOL! Nah, but you guys should hire me and I could move to Perth and work for you full time. Actually.. seriously. Ask you dad if there are any positions going! Deadly serious. ASK HIM! =D

kupo

Smash Lord
If Jon gets a job in Perth, I'll be insanely jealous.

Then I'll make sure I get a Job overseas in America! Haahaa! lol XD

2 Smashmeets in the one week! I expect everyone to be there.
C'mon, we need to get a Team Tourney going on [TA on/off. WHO CARES!]. >=].

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, Jon, I'll ask him for you. What are you actually qualified in? My dad owns an airconditioning company, that installs air con and makes ductwork and stuff. If you're actually deadly serious about this, keep in mind a lot of the people working for him are bums, and don't clean up after themselves, and swear and drink and smoke a lot. And it's only a small business, so there'll be like 5 people in the factory at a time.

So, unless you're used to all that.. >_>

*phones the health and saftey department*
Haha, go ahead. I'm not officially employed by him, and am not part of the union. And, you don't know the name of the company... odds are in my favour lol.

On a smashier note, I hope we work out this tournament stuff soon. We need more smashfests. Look at those melbournites go. At this rate, we'll only just beat them in December. :D

Oh, and I saw my uni schedule around the Japan tournament. First week of uni semester starts August 1st. I can lose the first week of my units easy enough, or whatever I end up losing. What about you Murdoch guy/s?

CATS

Smash Journeyman
messaging cao on msn is too much trouble sooooo

i can attend cao smash meet on fri/sat

i cannot attend nickcaine smash meet due to the fact it is my birthday and i'll be going out with relatives.

as for whether i can go to perth, i'm still unsure as i don't have a steady job.. the flower thing was just a small part time job while the flower show was running in melbourne. if i can stop being a lazy bum i should be able to save up the money to come but don't hold me to that.

*edit*
man, that's it. i hate e2games now. the place is fine, the owner is fine, but all his 'regulars' are ****ing ********. they'll have a whinge next time they have a tourney, it will be about teaming up next time. man i hate those people >:(

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can't make the wednesday, going to camberwell grammar to do Vis Com work for about 3 hours e.e On holiday, wewt.

Should be able to make the Saturday :3

Going overseas in December and January, so definetly can't make the perth tourney. Not that you'd be missing much anyway :p

That is all.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Friday night....okay well I'll have work but I'll come by afterwards and hopefully make the tourney with my he-***** Roy and possibly Ness also or something lol.
What time are you planning on starting?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's really just a Saturday smashfest, but those who want to do all-nighters can come on Friday night, from 7-8pm. Tournaments will be on the Saturday, so I hope you and Cella can make it ^^
PS Shaz - let's Bowser and Ness ditto!

It'll be awesome if everyone comes on Saturday as early as possible.

Bring music too if you guys want, so we can play that instead of listening to FD music over and over again.

Remember this is also an invitation to those who are new to the Smash scene; RANDOM, Markarse, Khang, and MikulOnIce, I'm targeting you! Also, I will give a special gift to anyone who can bring Anf and Freddos over.

*** Late edit: Jon, I'm inviting these people + more over!

And Em is the second person to quote me, the other being Simna. lol.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
:O! I can't make it on the saturday! >< Oh well I'll come to play some smash the driday evening though if that's all good and dandy ;)!

RANDOM

Smash Cadet
CAO i might come to the friday/saturday smashfest if i can get to your house and if you dont mind a stranger coming to your house send me details e.g address at trent_bullock@hotmail

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, Cao, minding random (no pun intended) people rocking up? Are you nuts? More the merrier. To a point anyway =\

Cats, your sexiness is unreknowned throughout the land. Dont listen to those e2 posters. Anyhow, I went to the Flower and Garden show with mum on Friday. Didnt see you in the Tesselaar stand though. It was past 5 though, so I suppose you'd have already left anyway.

Oh and Ryan, I've seen it all before. I've worked in a very seedy warehouse before. And yes, I am actually serious. And what do you mean by qualifications? I can legally drive any forklift if thats what you mean.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
tsk tsk jon, you assumed i'd be at the tesselaar stand and so you missed me

i worked from 8:30am to 9:30pm on friday at my dads stand which was at the center of the exhibition building. did you check all the different things out? or were you only there for a short time?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha, talking to my dad today, I actually found out that in WA you don't need a forklift licence to drive a forklift! It kinda helps though in insurance claims...

Jon, I meant things like college certificates and licences that you had... I'll ask him if he has any spaces open, but he'll need to know what you can do and stuff. Perhaps you could even send me your resume through MSN? Lol, what an age we live in.

Yeah, basically, he has a lot of employees who are sparkies or fridgies etc, so I figure he'd need to know what you know.

*Waits for Mic to get MxO so we can /salute together in our sexy leather outfits*

Sloth

Smash Ace
Sounds like a good plan Caotic, so how can I contact 'Bobby'? so I can begin the sucking up :D

RANDOM

Smash Cadet
CAOTIC it is done i got msn send me your address and I will see if me mum we be able to give me a ride to your house and i do not know if I can get in contact with markarse since he is at his dads and I don’t have his dads number and he lost his mobile

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Whoa, wait a sec buddy - I meant that's what Bobby did. He came over to visit from the US and he asked people if he could stay. Hehe, try and get acquainted with some Melbourne people on MSN; perhaps someone could help you out. There must be someone here who can...

Whenever you get into one of those notorious 'large' convos involving Australian Smashers (which lags the crap out of my 5MB free HD space, lol), ask the group and I'm sure someone will reply...

CATS

Smash Journeyman
what is your e-mail random? i'll add ya to my list ;)

*edit*
just removed what cao already said. posting at the same time about the same thing shows my awesome timing for making posts.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Oooh ok. I wasnt sure if you guys were still helping out with the Tulip business or not. I didnt really know. Me and mum were there from about 5:00pm to about 7:30pm. We went everywhere pretty much, but spent only a little time in the actual building. Mum says it makes her feel sick and by the time we got to it, I had already started to feel unwell, so I wasnt concentrating very hard on what I was looking at. I could've been staring straight at your mug for all I know.

Ryan I'll send it to you.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I will shout any distant smasher free lunch (with the exception of Myst seeing I pity him). Free food to reel in the north/westsiders... works like a charm.

Also, I have an agreed arrangement with Plasia, in that I will give him $5 on every single 1-on-1 match (4 stock) if he wins.

C'mon... go Marth... you know you want to...

Roy will earn you jack, hahahaha

$

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Hey Everyone!
I'm something of a new smasher, so here are my details.

Name: Michael Miller
Home: Corio, Geelong
Mains: Bowser, Marth, Ganon, Fox
E-mail: mjnor@deakin.edu.au

I guess I am looking to improve my skills, as there is no-one in Corio that I know of, who is quite good in smash.

CHAOTIC, I'll be ready for you, I'll ditto you with bowser, and I'll target you with Marth too, lol.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
MikulOnIce85, hey aren't you that guy from gamefaqs? Either way you will lose so be ready for some being owned.
The rest of you can be owned too.
Look forward to owning you all.
Owned.
:D

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, shutup Shaz. If your ownage levels were as inflated as your your ego you would've 3 stocked CJ in @M. Dave, can I get a free feed too? ^^ Assuming I can come.

Ryan, I'm still; waiting to send you my CV. Havent seen you on since last time (when it wouldnt send)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
This is a double post on purpose. Actually, the point of this is to post on behalf of Nick Caine, who's smash meet scheduled for tomorrow (Tues) is now cancelled. Due to Debutante Practice. Or so I'm told. Anyhow, CAO, and the like. Just letting you know in case I miss you. Don't want you going all the way to St. Albans and then going "WTF?"

kupo

Smash Lord
It's gonna be the other way around.

Everyone's gonna own Shaz. XD

*Will give Plasia $10 if he beats Shaz in Roy ditto*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Will money match anyone to a Bowser ditto - $10, besides for MikulOnIce if he comes - WOOT!!! BOWSER OWNAGE!~!!

I can play Marth too.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
i currently rule Hyrule Temple XD

*lurk lurk lurk-POP*

hey tools

just one of those lame im still alive and smash is still king posts.

i love the roy/marth banter, i started playing Roy but got hooked by Marth, its bound to happen dude. when i first started playing him, the way he handles pissed me off to no end, but its sex when you get the hang of it.

recently ive been trying to introduce a different approach to the whole concept of "whos better than who", because there are so many variables to a simple match (which is whats so **** fun).

its just not scientific-y enough. so i suggested that we start a friendly comp based around the stages, ie, who owns where(since dittos already exsist and not many people have similar mains here). this does get a little repetitive, but thats when you change stage, ^_^ this will however bring out the cheaply explioted areas of certain stages as some people pick up on that stuff more than others, but this all adds to the fun. it adds a little more than just plain smashing, since people will grow attached to certain stages and want to defend thier "home ground" so to speak. like i mentioned before bring out exploitation but in turn all this does is make every other player more aware of said exploitation. it also gets the less played stages more action, (some stages still suck, as no one will want them as thier "turf", unless your horridly cheap XD)

this has probably already been done but playing with the same 4-8 people every single day gets old. (of course you turn the cube off for 5 minutes and its new again but hey)

i was thinking about figuring (<-that word looks demented) out some kind of scoring system for stages, (larger stages are worth more???) but then i got high, sat down and played more smash.

anyhow, peace out
*wanders back under his bridge*

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
CAOTIC, I'll gladly Bowser Ditto you anyday, but I can't say Money will be involved. So ya'll have to settle for a "Virtue is it's own reward" thing, :p

@ Chronos Rainbow:
Yeah that was me. I saw all this stuff on smash and I suddenly wanted to get better. So I come here now. I would LOVE to trap you in between a wall and my bowser, lol. I also Like looking at FE also.

But, I need to get to the tourny first, as I DON'T know where it is or how to get there. Can someone help me out here???

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

MikulOnIce, if you're coming to my meet this Saturday, OMG that'll be swoit! Nah I don't want money from your Bowser, I just want to settle with being the better one, hahaha.

Details:
Address: 14 Bindi Street, Wantrina South (some 25 kms East of Melbourne)
Time: As early as possible. If you become before the birds start making noises in the morning tha'll be ever better, hahaha. I'd like to wrap it up at 5, but it's not such a big issue, cus you can all get stuffed into my room after that.
If you need to call, ny number is 0412867017

As for Friday night, I think I might put that on hold until further notice. This is due to 'internal' problems beyond anyone's control, even Jon's Captain Falcon, LOL. So it's possible it might not go ahead and end up being a sole Saturday smash wh0reing. Just to make it clear, Friday night smash can still go on, just unsure about the sleeping over, all-nighter aspect of it. Plasia just has beautiful luck, lol.

So I hope to see everyone this Saturday!!

LOL! Crns, you say 'Owned' more than Sam's Ness does! XD
hahhahahahaa!

Perthites, I've had a word with my dad, and he says I'll be in Perth 5 days onwards from the 22nd of May (which happens to be a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday... >__<). That just sucks balls cus uni's still on, so I still have to work my way around that, especially with my Moot Court Group Case sometime around then. Additionally, he said I'll need a place to stay for the entire stay over in Perth, as he won't fork out $210 per night for me to stay with him in the Burswood Hotel he's staying at.

So with that in mind... *puppy dog eyes*

A little help? (Does a Bobby)

^____^'

Nice to hear from ya from time to time K'. Maybe one day I might get a free ride to Townsville too, hahaha! Glad to hear the Townsville Smash Scene alive and kickin,' just like Melbourne's (although, our scene's somewhat constipated, lol).

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Perthites, I've had a word with my dad, and he says I'll be in Perth 5 days onwards from the 22nd of May (which happens to be a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday... >__< ). That just sucks balls cus uni's still on, so I still have to work my way around that, especially with my Moot Court Group Case sometime around then. Additionally, he said I'll need a place to stay for the entire stay over in Perth, as he won't fork out $210 per night for me to stay with him in the Burswood Hotel he's staying at.

So with that in mind... *puppy dog eyes*

A little help? (Does a Bobby)

^____^'
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH YEAH!!!

CAO coming for the perth experience. once youve been here, melbourne will never be the same.

im sure josh will be able to house you. he has a mansion for a house and 4 spare units next door. if not, you can always sleep in a tent in his gargantuan backyard XD!!!

22nd of may onwards? errrrrm, *checks uni calender*
nice going man ... smack bang in the middle of the uni term. this will raise significant difficulties for mon/tues/wed/thurs however friday is a big YEHS!!! seeing as no one important has uni on friday. ( :p ) XD.

STUDY BREAK AND FREE HOUSE!!! josh, kenton, ryan, mic anytime from the 18th to the 20th you can come on over. no one home but widdle old me. W00T!!

RANDOM

Smash Cadet
I do not know if my mum me be able to drive me Saturday morning CAOTIC is your house near a train station if it is I am in luck if not I will have to convince my mum to drive me

CATS my e-mail is trent_bullock@hotmail

Hopefully I will see you all Saturday

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by ThunderMistress
Going overseas in December and January, so definetly can't make the perth tourney.
I go away for 5 days and THIS happens? Oh well.

Mattt, would LOVE to, but I'm working......

I take it that Nbbbb isn't this weekend either....

Cao! Stay over HERE! My place! Cannington gets all the interstate guests to themselves, well I want one over here!

If your ownage levels were as inflated as your your ego you would've 3 stocked CJ
Lol. $10 bucks on Plasia to win

Ryan, I'll have ordered MxO tomorow. If you know the best place to get it tell me, otherwise I'm getting it via US EB.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Re: X 2

Originally posted by CAOTIC
Just to make it clear, Friday night smash can still go on, just unsure about the sleeping over, all-nighter aspect of it. Plasia just has beautiful luck, lol.
That is so not fair...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
>_<

Yeah I know Plaz, I'm trying to help you out, so don't lose hope just yet. Those who still had Firday nite plans with me (Em, Shaz, Cella), please come!

RANDOM:
My house is not near a train station, but it does have bus connections to several. Easiest way to go about it is to take the train to Glen Waverley, then an extra bus Route 737 to Croydon, and get off at the front of my street (which unfortunately is missing its street sign again). If you need more help, just say so, and I'll be glad to help you out. You must come though... a house full of gung ho smashers? It doesn't get much better than that, hehehe.

Mic:
I'd love to stay at your place. I'd be thrilled to stay at anyones house over there ^_____________^ If I'm allowed. =]

Cubed:
Hahaha, cool. I know it sucks that I'm coming over on the last week of the instruction period, so I'll just study during my time there like all of you guys would be doing........; may as well tag along to one of your unis, hahaha. I might ask my Dad to book the ticket for me a return flight home later, so that I can stick around for the weekend as well, for smashful purposes. But, yeah, we'll see.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Lol, shutup Shaz. If your ownage levels were as inflated as your your ego you would've 3 stocked CJ in @M.
Nah I didn't want him to cry on one of his last days in Aus :D.

I would LOVE to trap you in between a wall and my bowser
Hint number one: Never attempt to trap a Fox player against a wall with bowser ;)
I can't make the saturday though, so it's ganna have to wait till some other time I'm afraid :O

Hear that Shaz?
Not a thing...it was text.
Anyway, Plasia = owned by me....there's not even a point to me playing that match. Perhaps you should play a Roy more at your level Plas.....say like lev 9 :D Nah if you like though I'll play a bestof 3 with ya, and the loser drops Roy for good...muahahahaha!

I quit my job today...they had me doing three peoples work for the same pay without any possibility of promotion from such an overly annoying workload.

Time to get everyone's attention;

Jon: please fondle my hairy naked body in a sexy sexy way OooOOOoooOOOH!

Okay, now: I don't have to say this again but it feels so good: I will own you all :p...Cept Emily where the ownage will come a little later on.....have to keep Sasuke for my final bout ;)

a house full of gung ho smashers? It doesn't get much better than that, hehehe.
Unless they're all in Falcon suits.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I mark levels of Roy skill against my Bowser:

CAO v ANBU record: 0-4 (Roy ownage)
CAO v SD record: 5-1 (Plasia clinched a win)
CAO v CRNS record: 3-0 (Constant complaints as to how Roy is slower than Bowser..... O_o)

Hopefully your Roy is super improved Shaz, lol.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Hey CAOTIC,
Got the address written down and all, but I haven't been to Melbourne in years, so I guess I'll need help.

My Travel Path:
Home => Geelong Train Station => Glen Waverly, Bus Route 737 => Croyden => Bindi Street.

I don't want to go on a "Tour" of Melbourne as My Grandmother called it.

*With puppy dog eyes*
"Can you help me get there, Please???"

Chronos Rainbow:
Did that to a fox once, he lost a life 'cos he bounced badly off the Fin of Great Fox, but he wasn't that good. Hint taken though, thanks.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Shaz....Roy is NOT slower than Bowser.....

I know it sucks that I'm coming over on the last week of the instruction period, so I'll just study during my time there like all of you guys would be doing
I won't be studying then, so if you stay at my place, the smashening can go all week! Unless you actually have to do studying, then you can just sit in a corner, read your book while I play...but that's no fun...

*Doesgotoworkerism*

Top Bottom