• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

RANDOM

Smash Cadet
it was a great tourney I had a lot of fun and I did not lose to badly

that was a great match with ThunderMistress we both got K.O at the same time but I died first to bad that’s the way the cookie crumbles

thanks or having me CAO

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Em congrats on your win. Shaz, coming 2nd in local tournies is just you. Coming 3rd is for me. ^^ Good stuff Nick and David. You guys played well. Clearly. And for you others, I'm glad you came. What a surprise the Mikulonice could actually play. =o

Good on him. Duffman, sexy Luigi obviously did you no favours. You were pink right? I mean, you know thats the only way Luigi can actually win. =p Ash & Trent, you guys, hope you enjoyed yourselves. The gang likes to spend time with you and look forward to your progress.

Sam manage to squeeze himself into/out of any brackets this time? LOL! Owned Sam! OWNED! ^^

Wish I could have stuck around, honestly. =[ But work was much easier knowing that you guys were all having sexiness withdrawals due to my not being there. =D Aww well. Next time I will cancel work if I have enough notice. ^^

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
My First Tourny!

Yeah, I didn't think that I would get so far in the tourny, boy was I surprised.

CATS - Nice yoshi there, we'll have to Bowser/Yoshi friendly sometime, prehaps I can find a way to counter that d@mn broken NTSC dair. :(

Chronos_Rainbow - Too bad huh? But don't own Marth with the Furry Pilot, own Bowser!
#Paints a Large target on my back saying " Come & get me! "#

CAO - I hope to get better with Bowser, but I'm somewhat reluctant to use him where other high tiers live. Otherwise I'll just have to use Marth.

Will continue the Bowser PWNage, to the point where I win a game with f-smash. ;)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LOL! I know! WTF was up with that Yoshi dair? CATS raked sp much damage with that. By the way, did you ever get to verse Emily or Jon in a 1-on-1? If you wanted more pwnage, you should have approached them, lol, especially Emily.

Don't stress using Bowser against the tier whores, it's a matter of pride when it comes to playing Bowser. It's all about the personal gratification, but if you feel you need to kick *** with Marth, by all means, show us in the next tournament (which would be all tiers I assume).

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
It's O.K. I'm not too worried about the Bowser vs the Tier Whores, I might just use him just too see how badly he loses. But I WILL find a way to beat the Yoshi dair, does it have low Priority?

That or I can polish my double fair technique,lol.

I didn't get a chance to vs Emily or Jon. Maybe next time.

You thought I couldn't play, SabreAnt??? I've spent YEARS polishing my technical skills, against LVL 9 Computers! It was about time I could play some REAL compitition.

*Goes off to training to see how to beat the dair*

CATS

Smash Journeyman
shaz a.k.a cronos rainbow a.k.a *** - i'm not like you, i never said i was uber, i never said i was going to win against em so.. STOP MISQUOTING ME!!! WRONG SHAZ WRONG!!! my new aim is to destroy all your characters just like what happens to your blademaster in x hero.

TM- your smileys? looks like you've never been to an oekaki board x3

Mikul- sorry mikul, yoshi was just an attempt at beating bowser cause my pichu wasn't strong enough, too bad my yoshi failed and i had to resort to cheapness to beat cao. next time i'll make sure my pichu is stronger and i'll take you bowsers on with him xD

pichu will win next time for sure!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hmm... the only way I adpated to CATS' NTSC dair whoring Yoshi was to stop planting myself undering Yoshi in an attempt to fortress. Your sheild just got eaten. So I just distanced myself and outranged him with shffled fairs, lol. Lucky CATS didn't spam eggs...

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by CATS

TM- your smileys? looks like you've never been to an oekaki board x3
Haha, i have i have xD Devart's filled with me too : P But not many people use em on SWF and I don't think I had seen you use em yet o.o

so :3

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I dont even think it is necessary to play in NTSC. It is more unbalanced than the PAL version and just about everyone DOESNT have it. Why exactly do we need to hold our tournaments in NTSC?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We don't. It was just for the coolness factor of hearing Mewtwo and Falco's voice. Also, it's more fun, although I couldn't pull off Bowser's OMGWTFBBQ instant flame, lol. Also, Emily needs training using the American standard.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Well Mikul, generally most people perform pretty much poorly on their debuts in the smash scene, but you actually showed some level of skill. I didnt actually say I thought you'd be crap, but that was my assumption based on past experience. Anyhow, I'm Jon. In case you didnt know. The guy with jacket, tie, and left early.

Accepting the excuse of Em needing to warm up to ntsc smash, I dont mind having meets with the US version. But I'll be ****ed if I'm gonna let it happen at all future meets and tournaments. PAL is better. Period. *note, I did not say cooler* So lets not get into the frame of mind where its always gotta be ntsc.

*edit, OH YEaH!* Submitted form for formal forklift licence today! YEHS! Also, I went down to e2 Games today with mum. It was good. Bought Forsaken on 64, picked up my freeloader, and had a good yak with Joe. Just so this side of the border knows, he doesnt blame us for the flaring tempers, but he said it was just that he'd had enough of the complaining once Mario Kart was done. That was just the straw on the camels back. (that we happened to attend) Let's just ignore everything kreation and TMK say. Imo its the best thing to do. Dont let them get you going. Like Cats, you and Cao should leave your argumentative skills dormant and let the whole thing blow over. Well, you probably know this anyway, but I just want to reinforce the idea.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
The melbourne smash scene blossoms... while the Perth smash scene rots in the ground...

Josh, (and possibly anyone else) what's the best day for tournaments out of Saturday and Sunday? I can tell my manager at dominos that I am no longer available one of these days, and with enough notice I will be able to get out of work one weekend day a week. This way, I might actually be able to come to smashfests without quitting dominos entirely lol.

If this can't work, I can always quit dominos, cos I would much prefer to smash than earn money...

We'll see I guess.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Either's okay with me.

Jon, "Unregistered" will refrain from posting now. ;)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Ahh mic ^^ Yes, Unregistered was the user Joe had an issue with. He also blocked the 'Unregistered' ISP he said. Also said that they sent him slightly threatening emails telling him to 'answer their **** question' to quote him. Asking about statistics of how many regulars and stuff were there. =] Restraint is appreciated. Especially since I happen to quite like him, he's a cool guy and has a good store. Pity about *some* of his customers. But like we all know, he doesnt deserve to suffer over the petty squabbling of factions who dont see eye to eye. Clearly. =]

With that said, who wants to come to an F-Zero tournament at e2? He said he'll definitely hold one if he gets at least 10 entrants. (since he himself is a big fan of the game) I'm certain to go, and I'm sure Syrick would come. Can some of you guys vouch your support? I really want to show off my stuff. And of course, we all want to show the regulars that the extra entrance fee isnt deterrent for skilled players. >=p

Em and Shaz, you guys race at an ok level and can both snake to some effect. Want to come if its on? For me? *puppydogeyes* ^^

Oh btw, I said "bbs" on msn a few hours ago, as of right now. And shortly thereafter, I broke my computer severely. Dont know when it'll be fixed, but yeah. It's very messily BIOS screwed, so its not a quick fix. I cant even boot it atm. So yeah, I'm actually posting from the host comp atm.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by SabreAnt
said that they sent him slightly threatening emails telling him to 'answer their **** question' to quote him. Asking about statistics of how many regulars and stuff were there.
I never threatened, at least not intentially, and I did ask about the number of regulars. Just pointing out that...ah to heck with it. Argument over right? ;)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll go to the F-Zero GX Tournament, and I'd enter it if I sat down and spent 10 mintues learning how to snake and fly, lol. Will do.

$20 isn't a deterrent for skilled players, but it's a deterrent for unskilled players, lol. I'll just have to be a loyalist now.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
G'day Jon,
How could I forget you, since you were playing in such a calm and collected manner. In case you forgot, I was the one who used bowser often not named CAO,lol. Here's to myself actually improving that level of skill, which I think actually happened since I went to that tourny.

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Plasia is it cool if i come after work saturday for a bit for some smash?
Count me in for F-Zero as long as we can play some smash after the F-Zero comp :)

kupo

Smash Lord
Ok, Cao, I'll be there ^.^.

Smash after Fzero comp.? That's sooo unlikely. Kre"D!ck"ations gonna b*tch his *** off to your face.

Good God, someone bring me a chopping board.

I expect Syrick and Jon to absolutely dominate the Tourney.

Regards,

TFD crew. [PWN4G3]

[Total F***ing Domination].

Oh, count me in for Fzero Tourney.

[/Spam]

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
lol - I should have put in that post I'd be willing to play Smash at anyone else's house! Not mine! >_<

Regardless, you can come too Em, if anyone offers to invite us, that is.

What's a Falco?

... XD

joking.

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
You two will most likely be able to come to my place. Saturday is preferable. I'd be guessing Syrick would come. If he was, I'm not sure if Jon would like to come too. :D

I'd probably have to keep it small though. Mother sounds a bit irked right now, not much, but I'll ask tomorrow. :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Done deal. I'll give you plenty of Peach for your trainee Jiggs!
Or I could go the full Bowser and get totally countered, lol. Either way, too cool.

Seriously though, if you took up Jiggs to a competitive level, it'll piss me off more than Jon's Samus on account of Jiggly countering everything I love to play - Peach (I don't love to play her, but I ***** her anyways), Falco, and Bowser
*megatear*

No one should have any excuses gettting lost to my house now - not even you Sam!

http://img259.echo.cx/img259/3627/lol8rp.jpg

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by rmusgrave:

WJ showed me this. ^_^

/Bump
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

FUNNIEST PICTURE EVER!!

BBBBAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!1111oneoneoneoneoneshift+one1

anyway, now that ive finished the sarcastic side of things ... welll ... theres not much else to do.

JOSH! organise something smash related for a weekend soon

RYAN!! quit dominhoes!!! (lol, i made a funny)

MIC!! ..... yeah!

MELBOURNITES!! i envy your state of things ... **** you and your frequent smash stuff.

*falcon love to everyone*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
My computer is back up and running, for those of you who bothered to read my edit on that other post of mine. All serious problems were solved, and I now have the added bonus of having IE6, and MSN7. So sexiness truly did prevail.

Me and Imm went out shopping and stuff today. Scored some cool games, went to the city, had lunch, browsed the shops and headed to n2c for a couple of hours. He loes Wc3 now and is tempted to buy it. ^^ MUHAHAHAA! Another smasher falls for the seductive lures of Blizzard.

Today I got Killer Instinct for SNES, and KI Gold for 64. Also got StarCraft and Naruto box 9 which is incredibly sexy and exciting. Booyah! *Thrusts in an uncontrollable manner* You guys have no excuse but to smash with me soon, since I'm such a sexy man and you clearly all need your regular doses of Falcon and Falcon related humour. Well either you need it, or I need to vent it. XD

CATS

Smash Journeyman
that DA artist is cool, marth is such a girl

i wanna play wc3 with you guys but i can't use the internet at night recently cause it is the only time my brother can use it so he plays WoW then. hey divine, how many people is a small meet?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
StarCraft :) I'll play with you!
Yes sexy-Ness will prevail...though for me it wont because either Saturday or Sunday depending on the weather I'm unable to have free time yet again...this moving out thing is killing me and it hasn't even happened yet! :O

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
OOooOOOooOO!! Starcraft! im playing that now! i would play with you guys, but i have 2 slight problems
1) i dont have the net in my room yet (the time will come)
2) my copy is a burnt one and i got the Cd key off the net, so chances are about 100000 other people have the same cd key as me XD

but SC is like $20 now so ill just buy a new one. $20 is nothing considering i make $32 an hour. :cool:

Smash wise, not a lot happening. i got that new Tetsuya style combo vid, ill try to get down some of those rest combo's for future use :D

josh, come over friday!!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm in with starcraft, but i need to format my comp...which I'll probably do later today instead of going to work. Something about not a good idea to go to work when you're sick. Just because i had to leave early and puked multiple times before getting into the car.

Must be Falcon/Smash withdrawl.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I am available to go to Perth on these following days:

Friday 27 May - Sunday 5 June (may stay longer than the 5th of June, depending on my Exam schedule.)

Saturday 25 June - Sunday 24 July

Kenton says the latter date is the way to go, seeing you guys don't have any assessment periods then, and will give you guys more time to arrange Smash related thingys, like, say, a tourney. But the wait is sooo long! In any case, I'm still defeninetly going to either of those dates, and if I rank last in a Perth Tourney...

*stabs self*

*Yay! Got Sennheiser headphones today! ^_^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You won't be last. You'll easily beat Kenton, Bryce and Mat. ;)

I'd perfer May til June, as I'll probably have work during the school holidays (4th til 15th) but i could just blow a few days off. But if the others have exams....

EDIT: Occured to me it'll also affect where you stay. You could stay at my place during the july period, but it would be a bit less fun when i have to head off to work.

Top Bottom