• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
StarCraft :) I'll play with you!
OOooOOOooOO!! Starcraft! im playing that now! i would play with you guys
I'm in with starcraft,
Wow, did I strike a nerd vein or what? Guys calm down. Put thoses nerdy boners away. I dont want to play StarCraft with you. Pfft. There are a lot of other better things to do/games to play. =p

Cats, what are you doing next Monday? And can I organise myself and possibly some other people to come play smash?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by rumsgraves:
Mum won't let me quit dominos >_>.

I'll change my working schedule so I can't work on Saturdays... I hope its enough to curb the smashlesness...
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!! thats pretty funny.

looks like the tourneys will be on a saturday arvo from now on, cos ryan has no work then, oh well, its better than no smash! (which we are currently experiencing)

Originally by Sabreant:
Wow, did I strike a nerd vein or what? Guys calm down. Put thoses nerdy boners away. I dont want to play StarCraft with you. Pfft. There are a lot of other better things to do/games to play. =p
you are a douche, you hear me? D-O-U-C-H-E!!!
anyway, as soon as i get the net, ill be up for some SC, WC3, Battlefield, (insert online mulitplayer here), whatever!. it wont take me long to get them all, cos i start work next week.

did i mention i get $32 an hour? i did .... ok then ^_^.

WHAT UP MY HOMIES?!?!?!?! (lol, i remembered that yesterday and i couldnt stop laughing)

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
"Friendly Smash"

G'day all.

While I am waiting for the next tourney to come and rob me of my money, I would like to get some friendly smash in. This way I could get some A-Grade practice in. I don't care how badly I lose or how often just as long as I learn stuff like, OMG flaco really does pwn in FD and such. So anyone who uses flaco, Falcon, Fox, Jiggly and other high tier b@stards.

And CAO, I'll still gladly Bowser ditto you anytime. Nice Pic about the sign too, hahahaha. To get to My house you'd just have to reverse the directions I used to get to your house, lol.

If anyone is interested in helping me get a "Smash education" let me know, but my preferred days for the Smash to happen would be Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Mikul, some of us would be glad to make the trek to Geelong to educate you (much better smashers than myself), but it'd be better if the smashfest you were to hold was a 2 day smash meet, just to make the trip more worthwhile. That's if it's possible. Either way, I'm not fussed at all, I love travelling to play Smash - it's what I do.

In other news, Sam can now drive a car on his own. So if people ever need a lift to and from smashfests, the Sam alternative exists.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Originally posted by CAOTIC
Mikul, some of us would be glad to make the trek to Geelong to educate you

No Fukking way!! Are you serious!? Is there actually a place there called "Geelong"?!

Im so going to Australia!

DONE

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hahaha, Mike G, sure thing! Come down here cus you'll surely be the better teacher than anyone else here could live up to! XD

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Originally posted by mic_128
Uh..yeah. There is a place called Geelong. What's the deal?
OMG!! -dead- XD

"Uh..yeah. There is a place called Geelong. What's the deal?" hahahahha, Im sorry guys, part of this is an inside joke XD

CATS

Smash Journeyman
jons willing to drive all the way out to my house for smash?! *chck* YEHS!!

yeah it's cool if you wanna come jon, we'll play some naruto too if you do x3

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Mike G? Who's that noob? I'd own him :D

Just thought I'd let everyone know that CATS is highly faguous when it comes to giving out some of his stockpile of food, so if venturing to his place, make sure you take a banana or else you'll be forced to feed on the many tulip bulbs and rose buds in the area.
Might I also add that it's near impossible to lose to the likes of Joe because he's a plain ol' noob considerable to the lowly skill level of the infamous Mike G.
Finally I'd like to shout out to Em and KO, thanks for dinner + Jon thanks for being a sexy man YEHS!
UpB complete ;) or in Japanese: Sausage Sizzle!
Mike G: I hope to hear news of you owning Em soon ;)...well I'd prefer her to beat you to be honest....sorry it's just I know her + my country needs some respect :D. *VOTES MIKE G FOR PRESIDENT* Mike G is cool > Bobby! lol " I don't L-cancel!"
I'm done ;0

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I can't get the power shielder bonus. Last one i need, I do what's required..and NOTHING HAPPENS!

Note: Bump

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Public Transport in Melbourne on Sundays has just become a whole lot cheaper - $2.50 Zones1/2/3 Full Fare all day.

This is what I think! lol (A rough Vic rank based on recent skills):
1. Kupo
2. Shazfox
3. SabreAnt
4. JM
5. CATS
6. CAOTIC
7. MikulOnIce

But then again, my thoughts suck... XD

Anyways, point of this rank is to raise the possibiliy of having Quarterly ranks for the Vics, just as a fun thing, mutually decided amongst the active smashers. I guess it's not that needed though, as we pretty much all know where we stand, hahaha.

I like ranks.

JM for Future Fox Hokage!

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
I hate to say it but I don't think my place is well suited to holding smashfests, as there are two T.V.s in my house which BOTH require RF connections, one cube, and little amounts of food, and not much money either.

But if you are up for a bit of 1vs1 smash CAO let me know, at least I know the path from your house to my house, it's just the reverse of what I took to get to your house, hahaha. Anyone else is welcome too ;).

My goal now is to become #5 on that list, I barely lost to you and CATS, due to that Yoshi Issue. I KNOW it's a feasable goal.

Still have the suicidal desire to get my Bowser owned by Shaz's fox, lol.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey all!
JM can't be Fox Hokage..he's got me to stand in his way! :)

Anyway, I think using tourny results is a fairly accurate way of determining skill....but at the same time it's kind of lacking - for instance Cella isn't even mentioned, where she's more than clearly far too sexy a smasher for most everyone. Considering her and I have played smash primarily for fun, and without ranking or whatever as a main draw it's not really allowed us to shine as such. Obviously though however, I'm the type who loves the whole rank/stats etc. draw of games and communities, and as such have decided to use that as my main motivation from now on just to shut people like CATS and KO up about how much I suck. ;)
Anyway, here's where I hold VIC players I know of and have played enough to judge skillwise - feel free to disagree and comment. Just don't start any arguements coz it's sorely obvious I'm as likely to make huge sooky posts 800 words in length to defend myself when under fire as it is the sun will rise tomorrow morning.
Highest: Em Shaz
Very high: Cella Jon
High: Carlos Cats Immanuel JM KO
Good: Dale Duffy Joe Plasia Sam
Average: DavePeach Nat Ronnie ThunderMistress Others not mentioned anywhere yet, because I can't personally say.
Low: Julian
Bottom Tier: Matt and Dave 8 pie :D

I'm interested in seeing these people play at the moment: Anf Freddo MikulOnIce

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Hey, Chronos,
You could ask CATS or CAO, on how I thought in the Low tier tourney, but I guess you want to go against me and see for yourself, right?

If CAO and I get something started, you could come down and smash too. We'll see how things turn out. :)

kupo

Smash Lord
Why doesn't Cella enter local tournies even if she does play for fun?

And for the hell of it, my Vic top 10 rank.

1. Shaz [Yeah yeah...]
2. ME [Who didn't see that coming?]
3. Jon [Quite sexy if you ask me]
4. Cella [Martha is gay, and she's a tip *****]
5. KO [Possibly tied with Mikulonice, but then again, I haven't vs'd him]
6. JM [For next Fox Hokage!]
7. Katsushiro (Or JM's Cousin Eric which i haven't met, but I'm assuming that he's on the same level as JM, since Eric learns everything off him) [Pichu sucks]
8. Carlos [If only he plays Smash as good as all the Metal Gear games =P]
9. Immanuel [He's improving?]
10. Plasia [I'd put Roy on a manliness scale of -3]

For 11 position, I'd put Ash XD

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Hi Emily(kupo)!

Jeez I should have been a bit more talkative, at the low tier tourny, we could have had a friendly match or two. I do honestly think you would have won easily, as your mains Fox, Falco, Shiek and Peach, would probably counter my Marth and Bowser.

I'm thinking of picking up Jiggs, as to widen my playing style. Hmmm...

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo

10. Plasia [I'd put Roy on a manliness scale of -3]
I had a dream about Roy last night... a manly dream.

Next holidays I'm going to Queensland (boo) but for my third week I'm free! If I can get out of this spiral of extreme bad luck when it comes to meet attendance then I plan to move to Roy hokage position!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Mikul, you are teh coolest for spreading the Bowser love. Look at all those Bowser avatars along this thread - it's sexy. I'll email you soon for times when I'm free to smash it Geelong style. And I'll try to get the other guys to come along too. Oooh, you think you can beat me ey'? I sense a rivalry forming!

Shaz, I think Mikul is better than everyone else except the 6 people who ranked above him in my list. That means he's very good. hahaha
And he's a very cool person to smash with.

Good to see Sam getting little or no recognition at all...

Scrub Ness! - Owned! Ohuch! XD lol

Oh! Anf and Freddo are better than ever before.

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Bah! When can I get some smash attention? I've been playing Young Link fairly well lately, so I've got low-tier stuff at least steady, if not covered. :p

But my Falcon and Fox are going to waste. :(

Oh, I've started Bowser more recently. He's fun, but I have a ways to go yet. :D

Syke

Smash Apprentice
Ive finally decided to join the aussie smash scene. Theres a group of about 10 of us, but only 4 play serious. I use the tag Syke in ffa and 1vs1 and Bonr in team matches. Theres me, my friend he calls himself matt, then theres gosu and harry. I play marth, gosu-peach, matt-fox, harry-samus. I am going to melbourne in the next holiday break (im in year 12) in case theres any tourney's or anything. BTW i live in Brisbane.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Finally, Brisbane gets a much needed shot in the arm. Hopefully it grows. Seems to be that the more people a community has the more it snowballs. ie: Melbourne community is now MASSIVE if you take into account all the irregulars as well (Nat and the like).

Very high: Cella Jon
WHHHAT?! I need a tier of my own, labelled: Sexy.
3. Jon [Quite sexy if you ask me]
Thanks ^^

On a less sexy, and actually quite depressing note (for me) -

I've not yet put my smash on hold, so I'll still attend all things that I can. However, I am getting work on random days from my agency now, so I may not be able to come at the drop of a hat. Worked 10.5 hrs today ._. it sucked. Unfortunately there'll be a time in the not too distant future when I wont be quite what I am smashwise, but such is life. This is due to having to work and once I get my Apprenticeship whenever that is, I'll be working a 5 day week for that too. Still up for some stuff I guess, I hope. Also, my trip to Perth in December is in question, for the same reason. I dont know if I will have "resigned" by then. You'll all know before the time comes.

On top of all that I'm under a lot of pressure to give up my social life with you guys for other reasons. Those of you closer to me know why. Somehow I dont see that happening in a hurry though. So dont worry, Jonny still loves you. ^^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

>____________________<

Jon, don't worry - I'll make sure you'll come to all my meets. But on that note, frequent Smash is overbearing, so I believe it'll do Melbourne good things to start having longer dry spells between meets instead of tiny random smash meets every day. Once the day comes, Jon, you will be sorely missed.

Hey Syke, get in touch with the Queensland people in the 2nd post of this gynormous thread. Also, if you come to Melbourne, a tourney will happen for you, so you can see where you stand (same for you too, Sloth). All is good in the city of unseasonal warmth.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Sabreant:
Also, my trip to Perth in December is in question, for the same reason
NOOOOooooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOO!!!!

jon, you have to come, HAVE TO COME!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*runs away like a little girl*

It doesnt really bother me when CAO comes over, cos im not the one hosting him! HA!! but by that time i should have my drivers license so i can drive the SOR people to NOR for smashfests.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Australian Tier List in no particular order (UPDATED - August 2005)
Only players with considerable reference to high level Smash and their permission are included in the list:

1st tier:
BringerofDeath/rmusgrave, WA
Cronos_Rainbow/Shaz, VIC
Kupo/Emily, VIC
Quetzalcoatl/Josh, WA

2nd tier:
BJ, WA
CAOTIC, VIC
CATS, VIC
KJ, WA
SabreAnt, VIC

3rd tier:
Anfology, VIC
Cubed64, WA
Divine Crono, VIC
Eric, VIC
Freddos, VIC
JM, VIC
Mic, WA
MikulOnIce, VIC
Timmy, WA

4th tier:
Sebastian, VIC
Immanuel, VIC
Joe, VIC
Ben, TAS
Dave, SA
That Diablos Guy, SA
Bardiel, SA
Duffman, VIC
Plasia, VIC
Reon, VIC
Sloth, TAS
Syrick, VIC

kupo

Smash Lord
Even if my opinion isn't agreed on, yes, Shaz and I are on the same league.

Mostly, people are underestimating Shaz. Because you win a particular match up doesn't mean you totally dominate that player. You win consecutive matches and beat mains, and with that you can prove you are better.

Shaz has potential, its just that he hasn't shown it mostly to other people. I'm not just giving him compliments, but because he's the one showing me and giving me a direction on where/how to improve.
Even though he just jacks around some of the time, just ask for a title match or something serious and I'm sure that he'll do it. ^.^

Putting Cella in the high list in my opinion is...well, not right. She's been the the smash scene just as long the top 4 have. Even though, not playing seriously and more on the fun side, she knows her stuff [She beats my marth half the time ;__;].

Markarse is bottom of the bottom.

Who's Richard? And Jian?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Can't say myself, but apparently he's better than this....CATS and Joe mentioned him using shuffls with Falcon often, and that's IMO more advanced than some other things....so yeah.
Joes Marth looked to me like an immitation Ken....and he's pretty good to boot. I'd say he deserves a little better.
If this guy gets a gamecube, whoa watch out - One of the highest ranked vgame players I know in my books.
KO, u just have to be organised don'tcha :D: we need it though, with Jon and I busy UpBing oneanother, Emily always losing things, Cella too busy doing anything and everything to avoid having anything to do with smash, CATS too busy boasting about his being the best which is in no way true, Plasia thinking Roy is the best and that he will win anything if he polymorphs it and all the newer people baring teeth and testing mettle in an attempt to earn the right to own CATS there needs someone to take care of organisation, lost property and cheer Sam up when he's crying in the corner.

Jon I'll sneak you to Perth in my PANTS OOOOoooOoooH!
YEHS!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks guys, ^_^

*edits list*

Changes are:
Joe up to Mid Upper, Plasia down to Mid Lower (due to Nick), and Markarse down to Bottom tier. CATS told me moving Zax higher would be a bit too much, so he stays where he is.

Richard (Falco) and Jian (Peach/Fox) are Epping Smashers learning off Freddos and Anf. I've played them on several occasions and can provide a good challenge.

*Comforts a crying Sam*

He just crashed his car less than a week after he got his liscence... >_<

*scratches Sam off the list as an alternative form of transport*

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Why doesn't Cella enter local tournies even if she does play for fun?
(this is cella btw) i didn't enter the low tier tourney last time because i thought i'd be judged from it.... Ido kind of regret not entering that tourney though coz i had a link i wanted to try out but oh well i chickened out. Iwill play 1 on 1s or ffas with anyone as long as it is a lot of matches in a row, and there isnt many people watching..or waiting for their turn to play lol

Putting Cella in the high list in my opinion is...well, not right. She's been the the smash scene just as long the top 4 have. Even though, not playing seriously and more on the fun side, she knows her stuff
lol im just lazy

my bro just has strong mind games and picks up on habits well...needs to work on techniques, wavedashing and such.
(just a reminder its still cella)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by CAOTIC

Friday 27 May - Sunday 5 June (may stay longer than the 5th of June, depending on my Exam schedule.)
Looks like this is the date, unless Josh or Ryan wake up and post. ;)

Speakign of which, Ryan, if you're not busy tomorow, mind if i drop over and catch up with Smash/Naruto? Can't let the Matrix get me. :p

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't be sure mic, tis my mums birthday tomorrow. We'll see. There's a chance we could have a fairly large smashfest, whether at my place or at someone else's.

I'll ask mum in the morning.

EDIT: Mic can come, but no one else, sorry. Coincidences aren't always good things.

Smash owns us all...

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
leaving Jon all by himself in his own sexy tier XD.
YEHS!
Shaz has potential, its just that he hasn't shown it mostly to other people.
Lol, Shaz is gay.
Jon I'll sneak you to Perth in my PANTS OOOOoooOoooH!
YEHS!
Double YEHS!

Sam crashed his car? Is he alright?? ^^ Lol, **** Sam. The moment he becomes a source of reliability, it all goes to crap. Much like his game ^_~ only jk. I was playing Naruto today, I nearly have enough to buy Tsunade. Then I'll need another 175,000 for Sandaime and Itachi ._. lol oh well.

Is there anything planned or on the horizon for Melbourne related smash? Aside from the proposed trip to Geelong? I think the tier list needs to be ordered in their respective ranks aswell. Like how the 2 highest ranks are in order, but once the ranks start getting a number of people, it seems they are just thrown in in any order. For example, I played Glothenrite in the @M tournament, and I played Syrick in the 50hz Gay tournament, and from my experience with the two, Glothenrite is a much more skilled opponent.

I also think Zan, although very absent is a lot better than most people in his ranking. He's not crap. Me and Shaz played with him and he knows how to play alright. No offense to you high ranked guys, but I think Immanuel is easily a toe-to-toe fight with everyone in that rank aswell. If not maybe slightly better.. actually no, I still 4 stock him from time to time.. but maybe because we play some very loud/shouting/noisemaking matches. Lol, its a sight.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OK Jon, I've put numbers on those ranks.

*Waits for a wave of fury and anger in response to ranks*

Also, I want to rank better than CATS, so I propose we have a formal battle to determine just who is better.

As for Smashfests in the future, I'll talk to Mikul soon about Geelong - I just need a void in my weekend to Smash it. Other than that, it's up to Divine Crono to properly announce a large smash gathering at his place, assuming he wants it to happen. I'm definently going to take the back seat with future smashfests, so don't expect any announcements from me.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
CAo, if you want your sig to look cool, edit it so it's.....

---------------------------------------------------------
[urll=http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=912339#post912339]VICTORIA'S OFFICIAL RANKINGS![/url]

But without the extra "L" in url. It looks a little unprofessional ATM.

Nice smash today burger. Nice Naruto too. Thanks.;)

*Waits for MxO servers to go up*

Top Bottom