• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
Plasia thinking Roy is the best and that he will win anything if he polymorphs it
Firstly, Roy is extremely manly, no matter what effeminate people like Em say. Secondly if I could polymorph with him it would be totally unfair on you guys.

I'm planning a secret meeting with Shaz that I havent told him about yet. I have big things planned but that's about all I can do since Keilor is such a lonely place.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
i'd say we are of equal skill cao. pika vs zelda was never one sided and alternated between which of us won, then in other matches it just depended on which characters we used as to who won.

but if you want an official battle, we'll do that next time ;)

btw isn't the post id for your victorian tier 911536 not 912339?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I'm planning a secret meeting with Shaz that I havent told him about yet.
lol
Lol, Shaz is gay.
As are you Jon :)...and we like it that way! :D OooOoH! YEHS!
CATS told me moving Zax higher would be a bit too much, so he stays where he is.
Thanks for looking into this.

Anyway, I don't think numbering in those tiers should be done at all to be honest. I mean seriously, when all is said and done, there are many matches and so on that could alter the outcomes of the ranking drastically....like for instace I believe Ronnie would beat TM and he has played against Nats Pika often + the fact he can use Marth and Falco who have a relatively good time agaisnt Pika....then again the play styles themselves could clash badly.....it's a mixed bag really. Similarly between Jon and Cella, Cella tends to win against most of Jons characters convincingly enough, though the one match she wins less often would be vs his Samus (especially on FD) being a huge coutner I wouldnt consider this a determining factor. On tp of that though jon has played more characters (seriously enough to know them pretty well) more than Cella....which IMO would balance it out.....Then again Cella wins against Em and I more than Jon does, where Jon makes it his business to beat those underneath him, where Cella hasn't really done so to that extent.....difficult. Oh yeah, Carlos has a harder Doc than Duffman IMO (sorry Duff) but Duff plays more than just Doc and Mario well from what I've seen.
If I agree with anything then it's fine for Em to be ranked over me...I don't actually feel as if I am inferior to her in any way: we both have trouble with some matchups, and both have clear advantages with other matchups. She however has clearly made the effort to place well, and destroy all noobs since practically forever...where I've been too busy UpBing the new males into the smash scene YEHS! :D
Also, I want to rank better than CATS, so I propose we have a formal battle to determine just who is better.
It's hard to hang everything on winning one battle...but if you're willing to take that risk, let me be there to witness!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Always count on Mic to make a spam post and to quote his whoop-dee-doo backroom friends :D...lol jk Mic.

Anyway, is it just me or is MSN down all day today?

If there's something happening smashwise next weekend I guess I'm missing out again :O...oh well, let me know anyway, maybe I can show.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's my job Shaz. Although I thought you'd know that one. It was from the Mdisc room....

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol Mic and his pointlessness. Does it have an end? Nay goodfellow, it does not.

Shaz you are a bat off monkey supremest. Actually, before I get stuck into what you said, Cao I never said you should stick literal numbers next to people come to think of it. But just that you tidy up who was highest and lowest in each ranking was my suggestion, although not in those words. Now to Shaz being a gay gay ***.

Shaz, you sir, are a gay gay ***. Your gay faggishness is so gay, that it makes gay people the whole world over, scream: THATS GAY! On top of that gayness is your faglike faggyness. Gay FFF-HAG!

Lol, oh yeah and to somewhat rebut some of the things you said regarding Cella vs me. I use:

1. Samus
2. Captain Falcon
3. Ganondorf
4. DK
5. Link

In that order too. Cella uses:

1. White Marth
2. Martha
3. Marth

All 3 of which innately own: Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and to a lesser extent DK and Link. She also gets to fight you more than I do, and ofcourse shes going to to beat you more than I have total, because of that very fact alone. And beating Em is all down to Em being able to escape my sexy clutches, but not always the tip, which is inevitably, inexplicably, indoobitebly, and excrutiatingly cheap.

Nuff sed. Stop tooting Marth's horn.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Results of Nick vs Plasia

We... lost score

My Roy > Nick's Falco (upthrow)
My Roy is only slightly better than his Marth (counter goodness) and those were all tight games, which were 50/50 when Nick warmed up at the end.

Lord of the Fan match Plasia(Roy) vs Nick(Marth)
Plasia loss... **** tip

Lord of the Golden Toilet Match Plasia(Doc) vs Nick (DK)
Decisive win by Plasia

Overall I won, but at the end it was much closer as Nick (being a *******) adapted.

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
The important thing is i won the fan macht quite convincingly i felt, I was playing perrty crap at the start (Even for me).
I felt i went well with marth since i only being using him a little.

Sif decisive win in the toilet macht it went down to one stock.
Too bad JM didnt come but god he's gay sometimes.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Originally posted by SabreAnt
I think the tier list needs to be ordered in their respective ranks aswell.
Numbering them in their ranks is essentially the same deal. But I guess you're saying it should be tidied up in the more general sense, and I'll mention that the ranks are general in nature. Nothing is clear cut in the mid tiers and lower. The tiers generalise people skill.

Nick's rank can go up.

So who is REALLY better? Jon or Cella? They're obviously not even.

kupo

Smash Lord
They're obviously not even.
Or are they?

I personally haven't got anything to say about their rankings because I haven't seen them vs at all 0.o. I don't even remember any of the matches they had, or even if they did when I was around. So i'm just assuming...

But from what I've heard from Shaz:

Cella's Marth > Jon's Falcon/Ganon/DK/any other character matchups against Marth
Jon's Samus > Cella's Marth[Close match or no?]

My conclusion is...if Cella's matches against Jon's Samus was close...Cella ranks higher than Jon? Since she beat Jon's other mains...so..

...I dunno lol.

Nick, DK against Marth? What were you thinking? xD

Plasia needs secret training ^.^. You got a manly way to go to beat Shaz. Remember the deal...best of 3 Roy dittoes and $

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Maybe the best way to go about it is go by the person who wins against the top tiered people more, as a percentage. You guys have been playing for aeons, and if Cella fares better that Jon against the better players, she can have 3rd. But then again, it's Marth... Jon's really good at owning people below him, but perhaps that's not the way to move up a ranking list, lol.

... geez. I dunno either Em. XD

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Roll a dice, flip a coin.

Ryan, my comp crashed, so that's why I just "left" MxO. Not my fault, i really wanted to do another mission. Oh well.

*Misses Ntttt*

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Shaz, you sir, are a gay gay ***. Your gay faggishness is so gay, that it makes gay people the whole world over, scream: THATS GAY! On top of that gayness is your faglike faggyness. Gay FFF-HAG!
Are you trying to turn me on hot-stuff? If so you're going the right way about it! Make sure you rendevous with Plasia and I on our 'secret manly meeting' ;) ;)!
My conclusion is...if Cella's matches against Jon's Samus was close...Cella ranks higher than Jon? Since she beat Jon's other mains...so..
Well she was still winning some of the Samus vs Marth on FD, and the matches she did lose were relatively close, usually both to the last stock. I can't blame Jon for losing to Marth though....his sexy allure is like a moth to the flame, sasuke to Orachimaru or in this case Falcon to the tip! YEHS...I mean NOooOOooOOO!
DK vs Marth...I still think it's even. I just asked CJ what he thought too....he said 5.4:4.6.
ofcourse shes going to to beat you more than I have total, because of that very fact alone.
If you're just putting a numeric value then yeah this is true...but unless you're saying she's much better than I am at adapting and reading the foe, this shouldn't really have a drastic outcome change unless there's some secret she knows I don't....but then again with some of the BS she manages with Marth I wonder.:eek:

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I'll say it straight instead of waiting for someone else to, or even no-one saying it at all. I generally have close matches with Cella with all my better characters. However my Samus has had, and does have, a very large lion-share win % against her Marth. Stop annoying me by saying that its even. This entire match is not even close to, 'in her favour'.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Never did, always said you win that match the majority of the time - the point was that it's expected from coutner character on counter stage that that occurs, meaning it's not exactly the fairest judge, and overall the other matches are a better indication.
Lord of the Golden Toilet Match Plasia(Doc) vs Nick (DK)
lol, think I missed this little bit of info last time...nice name for a match ;): I think the next one should be the polymorphic sheep match :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Okay, all of you need to calm down and take a chill pill. Competitive smash is good and all, but it can be unhealthy and divisive if arguments break out in this sort of fashion. Keep it good natured folks - not everyone likes to be scrutinized.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
everyone should stop and think for a second..

you can't determine a persons ranking based on how well they do against the person who is just above/below them on the list, since you would be stuck if something like cella > shaz > jon > cella were to occur or say plasia could always beat shaz but lost to everyone else. i think the tier should relate to how well the person fares in relation to ALL people on the list...

i just wanna point out that whether jon beats cella or cella beats jon is irrelevant in their position.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Originally posted by CAOTIC
Mikul, you are teh coolest for spreading the Bowser love. Look at all those Bowser avatars along this thread - it's sexy.
Ha! This makes me laugh, but spreading the Bowser Love means Pancaking people across FD,lol.

Prehaps the tiers shouldn't be put up untill some people get more experience, like myself. The more rounds that are played against different people, with as many different char's as possible, the more accurate that list would be.

Moving on...
CAO,
I might be able to borrow a second cube for use with the second T.V. but after that people will have to bring in their own 'cubes... and t.v's. :(

I would really like anyone who own's a GB Advance, a link cable and the following games to come: GS: 1 & 2, Advance Wars 1 & 2, Mario Kart Double Dash, Zelda: A Link to the past, Fire Emblem , and any other fun multiplayer game you can think of.
Think of it as a combined GB and Smash Fest. ;)

Things to remember:
1) I can't let people spend the night over, there is no room in my house, and I don't currently have the money to feed everyone, as you did.

2) I have no idea of accomidation around geelong.

3) To get to my house is relatively easy. Go to Geelong station, and wait for the Thompson Red/Lara Bus (Routes 30/12). When you see "Patti's Fruit Market get off at the next stop. Go To Patti's and turn right. Go straight untill you see a court With a Grey two story house and enter it. Look for No. 14. That is my house.

Cheers

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
^_________________________^

Hey Mikul, the group can spew out Gamecubes, so don't worry about borrowing one - we can bring them over in spades. Emily has an RF cable as well, so that is cool. And because most of us are owned by Nintendo, I'm guessing most, if not all of us would have GBA's + link cables and all the other associated crap.

It can be a Nintendofest.

If I can arrange for some other people to make it to Geelong with me, the options are either to make it a day fest, pitch in to book accomodation in Geelong, or get someone to drive us and reimburse them financially for petrol + driving skill... Sorry, no job for you Sam! XD

What dates are you interested for having a few of us over? Can't wait to play you again.

Anf, you will live to die another day, ja?

kupo

Smash Lord
You can't determine a persons ranking based on how well they do against the person who is just above/below them on the list
What else can we do? Since everyone ranked below Jon and Cella, I'm pretty sure they'd fare well. What we can do now is base it on how many matches won with Vsing Shaz and I.

I think its about friggin' time we did a RR. So we'd at least have an accurate rank.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, Em's right. According to their places, Jon and Cella would own everyone below them. Now CATS, I'm reckoning you'd think you have a good chance against Cella, so once that's proven, something's bound to change in the ranks.

Round Robin? That'd be so freaking hard to do... I'm not getting involved, lol.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
O.K. then, a Nintendofest it is, =D.

I reckon that not this weekend coming but next weekend would be the best time to hold it, due to Uni Assignments and all. That is, May 14 or 15, preferably the 14th. I should be able to pitch in a bit of accomidation money, if that helps.

If I can't be reconised as the Smash King, I can be reconised as the FE Lord,lol. So who DOES own FE??

See you all tomorrow.

RANDOM

Smash Cadet
underdog

being the underdog is great everyone underestimates you taking you lightly which gives you the chance to surprise them and it makes beating them so much sweeter

and that Markarse at the bottom is that my friend or someone different because I would say he is in mid

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bored

Perth tiers:

Top:

Quetz
Bringer

Mid:

Mic
Mat
Kenton
Bryce

Lower:

Timmy

Bottom:

UCC
Heretic
That guy in Mandurah
Anyone else

This is my biased list of Perth tiers, mostly based on threats to my Yoshi.

I'm bored.

But still sexy.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
What else can we do?
We can rate everyone based off their openeing performances against CJ these are alphabetical order amongst tiers:
Top tier:
Bringer
Cella
CRNS
High tier:
Anbu
Quez
Mid:
Jonk (the asian warlord of giant thrusts and charged shots)
Other Tier: Everyone else and those I can't remember lol.
KO got owned in bowser ditto tier:
KO (surprise surprise)
I never vs'd CJ though swore ownage-a-plenty tier!
KATSU-SUSU!!!

Nah...maybe that's not the best idea :\

So who DOES own FE??
Yeah: my team is **** if you're itnerested in seeing it the amazing Eliwood that dies in one hit!
This is my biased list of Perth tiers, mostly based on threats to my Yoshi.
Lol, If it's based on threat to your Yoshi it'd be for me like this: Shaz's Doc = red alert! - release the hounds and arm the auto-cannons!...Shaz's Fox = mild alert status: throw up some chicken-wire and employ a pimply year 9 student hall monitor + arm him with a rolled up newspaper.
:(!!
I know the anti upair trick well enough now so I look forward to our next matches...mind you you'll probably best my Fox with some other strange Yoshi and Cellas marth specific trick like aerial power sheild or fullycharged number9 stitch egg tipper.
But still sexy.
*ears prick up and .....eyebrows... raise* ;) !

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Re: Bored

Originally posted by rmusgrave
Perth tiers:

Mid:
Kenton
Bryce

Lower:
Timmy

That may well not be true. Kenton and Bryce have never been around when Timmy has, and what with K&B's lack of practise...

Bottom:

UCC
Heretic
That guy in Mandurah
Anyone else
Annoying guy with Sheik
Better.
[/quote]

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Annoying guy with sheik = bryn and he deserves a 'Scum of the Universe' tier (below bottom tier)

We can rate everyone based off their openeing performances against CJ these are alphabetical order amongst tiers:

KATSU-SUSU!!!
I do believe it was cats and i that beat both you and CJ in teams =D

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I do believe it was cats and i that beat both you and CJ in teams =D
Yeah we were as effective a team as **** and sugar, not to take away from your efforts though, it took a lot of confidence to count on us jumping into those downsmash bloodbaths :D.
Anyway, CATS never vs'd CJ in 1v1...and if he did I didn't hear about it.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer

Shaz, I did say Perth tiers. I don't think you qualify as a Perthite. And if you do... come over to my house to smash on Wednesday ;)

That may well not be true. Kenton and Bryce have never been around when Timmy has, and what with K&B's lack of practise...
They kinda have each other to practice with... where Timmy only has the UCC to practice with. They're no Bryn, but they're still bottom tier.

Oh, and if I didn't mention it before, I downloaded some vids of Masashi's Yoshi, and.... I'm not impressed. You were wrong Shaz! My Yoshi > Masashi XD

(And some Americans are saying I'm better than Fumi)

*runs*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah we were as effective a team as **** and sugar.
I think we can all agree that CJ's skills are sweet, so does that mean that your skills are.....

;)

CATS

Smash Journeyman
KATSU-SUSU!!!
i will beat CJ!

and to em: yeah i was thinking RR rather than just how well you do against those above you

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I think we can all agree that CJ's skills are sweet, so does that mean that your skills are.....
That is the joke!
i will beat CJ!
Let me be there to see!
Shaz, I did say Perth tiers. I don't think you qualify as a Perthite. And if you do... come over to my house to smash on Wednesday
Come to your house smashed on wednesday...? I'll be there, I'll bring the potato chips and have a strong rum odour to me!
You were wrong Shaz! My Yoshi > Masashi XD
I thought the same thing about my Fox, little did I know Masashi and CJ are mind readers and can pwn you with just a simple looking style!
some Americans are saying I'm better than Fumi
Some Americans are are chumps ;) but that doesn't mean tehy're wrong + you can't come to Japan and prove it! :D

Ban all team "Peach Visions" everywhere!

This pose likes '!'s!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Basically, I think the whole 'tiers amongst peers' subject should be dropped. Its clearly stirring up some bad blood, and I for one am not immune to getting a bruised ego, nor are any of you for that matter. We all know who we as individuals, can, sometimes can, and can't beat. Its not promoting a good vibe, and basically, I dont want to see sides drawn, or start seeing possible interstate support for issues such as "who is greater, Cella or myself". Its not amusing me in the least.

On a smash note, I think Sabre64 was probably the 2nd best functional team in February. We couldnt overcome 2 Peaches, but I think we would've beaten the rest of ya ^_~ Mats sexy Falco and my sexy Samus had a groovy kinda love.. =D

Oh yeah, and another thing, I have ADSL connection now, so no more lag when I play online games (hopefully =\) Now the only obstacle is getting a more reliable computer. However if I jump on Hayden's whenever possible, its all systems go! ^^

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
RESPONSES
Jons post:
1st and second paragraph practiaclly cancel eachother out....so ....

Last paragraph...don't worry, I know all about CPU's with the middish 300 clock speed it's awesome as to run anything on!!!

Mics post: He's clearly too sexy Mic...why must you continue to ask when you know the answer already?

Falcons post: Yes, you're welcome over, just remember the champagne and brie, I'll take care of the body chocolate YEHS!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Rats... It's sad that the tier list hasn't generated a good vibe. It would have been cool if people had just taken it lightly and work harder to improve their rank if they don't agree with the rank they were given - constructive, healthy competition. It had a potential to promote something worthwhile - just unfortunate it led into the wrong direction.

As long as we all play Smash together has happy chappys, It's cool.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
It all fell apart.

I have to agree with CAO, this tiers between people thing hasn't gone in the direction we wanted.

But as CAO knows, I do want to improve my rank, tiers or none. ;)

So CAO, when can you come on down and give me a much needed Smash Education??

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Shaz, the first paragraph is serious, the second one isn't. Dont get so easily confused by them. Oh btw, I run an 800mhz. 333 was so last rubbish collection. Lol.

Top Bottom