• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Explodes the sexometer. LOL! Ok, so I'll approach mum about it in a time when I'm in the uber good books and hopefully it'll be all good. Same flight is also very cool. =] Ooh, just thought I'd mention, I finished the last part of Perfect Dark one player today, all I have left to do on that game is earn a few cheats here and there. Missing 7 or so I think. Proud achievement for me.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
good stuff on perfect dark jon, rare made that game uber hard for some of the cheats.

sorry to ashley that i can't be part of her syndicate since i'm gonna try to be part of oztaku soon.. i'm going to try and draw a manga x3

remember that you don't have to cosplay smash chars at manifest, but if we did manage to get a group of smash char cosplayers then it could be very cool. manifest will be great! lots and lots of screenings!

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
TM, will there be a smash tourny?
Well, really can't be sure, I hear there was a SCII one last year : P But if not, I'm sure we can arrange for something a day before or after xD

I was planning on going down to melbourne during my setpemeber holidays, but too bad this manifest falls just outside of them. How long have I got to get back to you about attending ThunderMistress?
It'll be good if you can get back to me as soon as possible, but the pre-registration forms hafta be in by 19th of August ^_^ So anytime before then (but preferably sooner xD)

hahaha If someone can persuade Sam to cosplay as anything
Get him to go as ness! xD All he needs is a stripy shirt, shorts, cap and a backpack, wewt!

sorry to ashley that i can't be part of her syndicate since i'm gonna try to be part of oztaku soon.. i'm going to try and draw a manga x3
It's all good :D I think i'll easily have enough numbers x3 Cause everyone else is so awesome <3 Must show me if you do make a manga x3

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Jon, Cao, figure out your dats ASAP, so then i can figure out if i can host you guys or not.

Awsome smashfest yesterday. Bryce and Kenton still have it....barely ;)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
HAhaAHA CJ's bowser is gar.
yeah, it is gareat......unless u mean homosexual....which it isn't...but the down throw makes me wonder......:S
CJ's Bowser is crazy good.
i'm going to try and draw a manga x3
x3? whoa, I thought one would be bad....but three is even more! Good luck. *note I know all about your silly faces*
Cosplaying smashers....oh god...
Eww.....I hate cosplay 98% of the time.....it's usually fat geeks dressing as characters that they so don't look like.....:F

HoChiMinhTrail huh? How good are ya? I hope I can defeat you with my uber accent and croc wrestling skills....I mean Bowser is a reptile.
Just don't think we're all totally crap is all - play your best when you're here I wanna see it :D

Carlos finally got 100% on FFX2.....bout time someone did. The end is pretty cool, so it's cool....cool. He said he'd get a gamecube sooner or later too.

Max Füchs

Smash Cadet
...I got 100% quite quickly. Ages ago...

Then I had an atronomical overdue fee of $40.

I had borrowed some other games -.-

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Whats with you and borrowing games? Lol, just buy them! It'll work out cheaper before long.
Worry about those who would be Capt. Falcon...
I know I would if I had the costume. =D

Oh and Mic, I clearly cant do any ASAPping until I've weedled my brownie points up with mum and I know how long I can go for.

*edit* Its 10:46PM Sunday night. Off to Immanuel's for a sleep over! Or should I say, Game Over. Since we wont be doing much sleeping lol! YEHS!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by SabreAnt
Oh and Mic, I clearly cant do any ASAPping until I've weedled my brownie points up with mum and I know how long I can go for.
ASAPing has only one P.

Let me know when you know.

Max Füchs

Smash Cadet
I am used to borrowing since I used to live in a unit just above a plaza with blockbuster in it, which is more reliable than the closest EB which is 20 minutes away...so I cannot buy, waah!

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
For Those who are coming to Geelong...

Bus Costs and Times:
Full Fare: $1.60, Concession: $0.90
Tickets can be used to go anywhere in Geelong, for 2-3 hours(Your Ticket will say when it is valid to.)

The first Route 30/12 Bus leaves Geelong Train Station at 9:03, and come every one hour and fifteen minutes after that. The last bus arrives at Geelong Train station at 7:44, from the corner of Thompson/Princess at 7:23. These times DO vary, so being at the stops a bit early is reccomended.

So that I know who is coming, can I have a headcount please??

And is it okay if a "Spectator" Watches the action??

CAO, if you need to train your Bowser, I'll be glad to help ;).

Can't wait for Saturday. =D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Headcount? So far it seems its Jon, CAO, Em, Shaz, Cella, and maybe Divine Crono if he contacts me.

Spectators are uberness. I don't care if I pwn/get pwned when it comes to Smash - I just like playing different people/showing people good Smash... which raises the question of the possibility of Smash in Manifest. I aim to show anime lovers advanced Smash, if they are compelled, and CATS sort of raised this issue to me earlier and we had a nice discussion about the prospect. I have connections, so with a bit of initiative we might be able to get some Smash rolling in Manifest. Some of the WWWA members have warmed to the idea earlier - we just need to make it happen.

I did joke to CATS saying we should have Emily sit in a seat with a sign over her head saying "will give $100 to any person who can beat me in Smash," lol - but perhaps there is plenty of other (and better) ways to lure possible smashers into the competitive scene...

Saturday in Geelong = top tier!!

I will be working on my Bowser and various other characters.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
just remember that getting smash into manifest is no easy thing as it is not anime related, and has been put forward before and been rejected (thanks to zan for trying though)

we really just need something to attract smashers from the crowds and let them know that there's a competetive scene in melb and where to find us at smashboards. owning people outright is probably not the best way to lure new people to the scene, so no emily owning people for cash.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Sorry Mikul, seems I wont be able to make it. For certain. I didnt realize it until yesterday at Immanuel's place, but my weekend has already been booked as of quite some time ago. Pity I cant come, but all those buses and trains are scary anyway. Best wishes for you guys going though. Have fun.

kupo

Smash Lord
**** Cao, you had me going there. I thought it was too good of an idea to have smash at manifest.

Freeplay smash and Naruto would be **** ****ing awesome to have. Skip the idea of a tournament, cos yeah...it can put people off *cough*likejamesownage*cough*

Dang, where's Zan? --;;

Max Füchs

Smash Cadet
well I know I cannot come to Manifest...flights are too expensive. And there is no way in hell I will take a bus or train. Bus drivers are getting reckless and trains are never on time anymore.

But if the Perth Tourney is on a Saturday I may be able to fly there...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hmm... you're quite the pessimistic worry wort, aren't you? Just work at saving money and remember to keep your options open, so one day we can finally meet, and you can also meet your 'twin', hahaha.

2 Joshes and 2 peaches.... freaky, lol

Max Füchs

Smash Cadet
Its better to be pessimistic for some reasons.

1. You are never UNPLEASANTLY surprised. If it goes wrong, you can say, I knew it. If it goes right, its a pleasant surprise. Its better than getting your hopes and having them shattered, like witht he Manifest...

2. People who are more pessimistic tend to live longer for some reason...

And I can only come on a saturday because mum will hardly let me miss school with the justification that I was playing games -.-.

Oh yeah, and the twin thing...who knows...but we ALL know he's better -.-

Sloth

Smash Ace
Thats bad luck Max, my mum has let me stay home from school because I was to tired, due to the fact I was playing games all weekend. :D
But as far as I know, the Perth tourney will be held during your holidays? so it wouldn't matter?

To bad Perth is still out of the question for me. I just checked then, it would cost me $596 dollars for return tickets. Which is an impossible target for me. :(

Max Füchs

Smash Cadet
MY holidays begin on 21st of Dec.

We are saving up in hope that it WILL occur on a good day for us, so we can go...

If not, it can always be used to get to the Manifest :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
O________O

Wow, I never realised things like the Manifest had such a great pulling power. Too bad about your holiday date Max - Dec 21 is too late (imo) to hold the Perth Tourney. Granted, they can decide whatever date they want to host the tourney, but not only is it too close to Christmas, but I don't think I'll be in Australia at that time either, lol. And I really wanna go...

I think I'll have a rest. Was at a Irish pub party the other night, and I'm spent. Came as a cowboy too, lol! Yee-haw!! XD

Irish beer tastes like glue >_<

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
About Perth, I would really love to go.

However I have no job and no way of getting the required amount of money to get there by the time it is on. Unless I have a sudden windfall of cash it isnt looking good.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Come to Perth Plasia! You mussstttt!!! Play me in a thousand Roy dittoes, I'm sure you'll win some money in those matches. ><"

Don't make my 200th post on you go to waste!!

*Do not take the Roy ditto thing seriously*. lol. But play me anyways. Get a holiday job if you must. Same goes for you too CATS. In fact, CATS, get a part time/casual job. If you get one in Ringwood, I'll be close by.... ^___________^

zzzzz....

Max Füchs

Smash Cadet
Let us just hope that the Perth tourney is on a Saturday. Otherwise I cannot go...but there is always the Manifest, hopefully the small chance of Smash being there comes to pass...so I will verse SOMEBODY

Last post for tonight...

CATS

Smash Journeyman
yeah yeah cao i'll get round to getting a job. i wanna go to perth too.

as for coming to manifest (not 'the manifest') from sydney, why wouldn't you stick around and vs someone in smash afterwards at n2c or something? i still don't think that smash is ever gonna be a big part of manifest :(

oh, and remember that if you're coming to manifest or want to go to manifest for the full weekend or just one day that you MUST PRE-REGISTER OR ELSE you won't be able to attend due to the overwhelming numbers of people.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Awww, so much support for the perth tourney, i love you guys

*falcon hugs all around*

Well, with my extremely high paying job (did i mention i make $32 and hour? i did, ok then :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: ) i should be able to save enough to help a few people across to perth. By 'help' i mean pay about 40% of the airfares, that way i can sponsor more people etc etc etc. Also, upon doing this, i will not expect the money back, as it will be a gift, however if you find it in your heart to buy me a carton of beer or a bottle of whiskey or a nice 2001 TerraFelix, then i will be more than greatful.

The Perth tourneys are the epitome for dedication to smash, i dont think i need to explain why. If i do, then dont bother coming.

So far we have:
shaz
cella
em
jon
(these 4 people are coming, no excuses. i will fly to melbourne, roll them up in a carpet and ship them to perth if need be)
Cao
Cats
Plasia
Max
(these people have expressed interest but we are still in the planning stages)

thats great, already we have more people than the april tourney (where it all began) and the amount of fun we will all have living together is unparrelled. Serioulsy, ask anyone that was staying at the backpakers hostel, it was great.

Still waiting for some Queenslanders and SA people to show some love, c'mon guys! Kaydash, Diablos, where you at?

And of course, overseas people, want to see australia? well, if you come to perth you will hardly see the backyard cos we will be smashing for pretty much the entire time, but we might do something non-smash related once in a while ..... maybe. but you are still welcome to join in on the fun. Seriously, when else are you going to score free accomodation and a few days of smash in Australia any time soon?

My thread got closed in the MBR, no $100 for me *sigh*. oh well, i thought m3d was cool, obviously i was greatly mistaken.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Nice job - lol, it's funny how fortunes change so quickly.

*Thinks back to February*

Can you Perth guys set some from of date soon? I'd suggest you make a thread for a Perth tourney - it's actually possible that potential Perth Smashers have overlooked Smashboards, because they don't see Perth. I think Melbourne got a few new Smashers via the Melbourne thread, it couldn't hurt to have one. And I doubt M3D would be more uncool and shut it down.... lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cubed64
If you come to perth you will hardly see the backyard cos we will be smashing for pretty much the entire time
The TV is in front of a big window which shows the backyard. They'd be seeing it a lot. Just not actually going out back.

I think we need to hold a perth chat soon and discuss the name for the Tourn. Or just post stuff. Or whatever. Hey, I was up late last night allright!?

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Hey, CAO...

Cella is Cella_Lina, right? I'm thinking of sending a PM, don't want to send one to a non-aussie total stranger, hahaha. Strange that she wants to come, but I hadn't heard about it 'till I saw your post. Hmmmm...

Cronos, go ahead and own me with fox, but please do bring a GB and FE, I'm a hardcore RNG abuser with a really strong team, and I wanna pwn you with Karel ;).

I'm almost ready for Sat, T.V's tuned in for 'cubes, drinks brought, the final detail is food for lunch. Thank Goodness for Youth Allowance. So ordering take-away, depending on who want's what is the way to go??

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yup, that's Cella. PM-ing her will be no good (that account is largely inactive). Try talking to Cronos Rainbow (Shaz) about her - she was keen on the idea of coming, so I'm assuming for now, she'll come along with Shaz. Since DC and Jon can't make it, it might just be us 4, but I'll try to bring along one more smasher, just in case. In the end though, small meets are better for gettin' schooled.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Ah, whoops there goes that idea, thanks for telling me CAO,so the last thing to say today is:

SHAZ!! Could you please ask/bribe/beg/drag Cella to geelong, please ^__^! Tell her I say hello and look forward to a Marth ditto.

See you all tomorow.

Max Füchs

Smash Cadet
Dating Please...

If you can get a precise date ASAP I will be able to confirm whether or not I can come...

Bu until then I will fill my eyes with dreams of going.

Ooohhh....Perth...Smash Bros...I so badly need to train...I may be out of practice...

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Tell her I say hello and look forward to a Marth ditto.
You play Marth? Hmm...looks like someone else stands in my Roys way.
Well, with my extremely high paying job (did i mention i make $32 and hour? i did, ok then ) i should be able to save enough to help a few people across to perth. By 'help' i mean pay about 40% of the airfares, that way i can sponsor more people etc etc etc. Also, upon doing this, i will not expect the money back, as it will be a gift, however if you find it in your heart to buy me a carton of beer or a bottle of whiskey or a nice 2001 TerraFelix, then i will be more than greatful.
I guess Mat's willing to help me pay if all hell breaks loose and I somehow have no income to get to Perth, since unlike you cheap lying bastar|)s I helped him with that MBR thing. Don't worry Mat, we'll take Joshs money yet :D...somehow.
What the hell is TerraFelix anyway?
Cronos, go ahead and own me with fox, but please do bring a GB and FE, I'm a hardcore RNG abuser with a really strong team, and I wanna pwn you with Karel .
Play FE before sat, got it.
I'm almost ready for Sat, T.V's tuned in for 'cubes, drinks brought, the final detail is food for lunch. Thank Goodness for Youth Allowance. So ordering take-away, depending on who want's what is the way to go??
I'm glad to hear it's all in some kind of planned form unlike the way Jon and I do things: "as long as they get here, who cares" tends to be a popular guideline for us...CATS' however is: "aslong as they get here, they can starve, and they DONT like cereal!"

I think we need to hold a perth chat soon and discuss the name for the Tourn. Or just post stuff. Or whatever. Hey, I was up late last night allright!?
Why not name it after M3D who's so nice to us all! Mic, Mic the Magical D!ck tournament.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Emily, bring your RF cable and NTSC Smash for Saturday. I will bring money for petrol and Cube. Shaz will bring Fire Emblem and car (plus the necessary driving skills). Cella will bring Marth. ^_^ Yay! Finally!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Yay, long posts

Originally by CAOTIC:
Can you Perth guys set some from of date soon? I'd suggest you make a thread for a Perth tourney - it's actually possible that potential Perth Smashers have overlooked Smashboards, because they don't see Perth. I think Melbourne got a few new Smashers via the Melbourne thread, it couldn't hurt to have one. And I doubt M3D would be more uncool and shut it down.... lol
it is my professional opinion that the tournament should be held during the week of dec1, i do believe the saturday is the 3rd. however, i will need to discuss this with my fellow organisers, but im sure they will agree with me cos im just so **** good.

Originally by mic_128:
The TV is in front of a big window which shows the backyard. They'd be seeing it a lot. Just not actually going out back.
i thought we were using the units next door to josh for the tourney, not his house. We have enough trouble with seating when we have a full smashfest, let alone a tourney with 15 people.

I think we need to hold a perth chat soon and discuss the name for the Tourn.
the tentative title of the tourney will be 'shaz is gay' until a better name is thought up. *remembers @M* :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Originally by Cronos_Rainbow:
I guess Mat's willing to help me pay if all hell breaks loose and I somehow have no income to get to Perth, since unlike you cheap lying bastar|)s I helped him with that MBR thing. Don't worry Mat, we'll take Joshs money yet ...somehow.
if you and cella are unable to make the flight to perth due to financial difficulties, i will drop everyone else and help you guys. It will be my wedding present to you both. If the other perthites want to help then they are more than welcome.

What the hell is TerraFelix anyway?
TerraFelix is a particularly good brand of Australian wine.

[end]

Sloth

Smash Ace
I've decided to miss out on some school and go to Melbourne around Manifest time. I haven't worked out the exact dates yet, since I now have to find accommodation. If someone could house me it would be great. Then I would be able to stay for longer and play non stop games of ssbm, otherwise if I have to pay.. I'll be there for a lot less due to money restrictions.

So ThunderMistress, I'll be at manifest :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Someone's Manly enough to skip school for an event? Yehs!

Mat, Sig is it? Sounds good.

Shaz-You're not going to pull an April tournie are you? You know, getting your fares paid and still not wanting to go...;)

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yey! That's great Sloth ^______^

For peoples who plan to be in my lil syndicate thingy for manifest, if you could please go to www.manifest.org.au, go to membership prices and download the preregistration form...or you could just go to http://www.manifest.org.au/prereg.pdf i guess : P

So basically fill in everything, for the membership type, skip down to the outlined box and tick the $25 box : P Syndicate Group name is 'Kabocha' (my friends wanted to have the same as last year, unless anyone strongly opposes it xD) and Syndicate's leader full name is 'Ashley Ng'

Oh and as a note I think you hafta pay by cheque or money order, but I'm double-checking that : P

If peoples could start sending in their registration forms, that'd be great :D Any more questions post here, PM me or MSN me xD

Top Bottom