• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
NB4 = not brown brown brown brown and how about making the first nb4 on the easter holidays?
Easter holidays is fine for me ... and chances are i will be able to drive there!!!! YEHS!!! driving test booked, nerves increasing ... now i just need to learn how to reverse park.

Orignally by rmusgraves:
*Begins the agonizing wait till the Aledaide tournament*
*joins the club*

Originally by Sabreant:
Its an 800mhz, instead of 333mhz. ^^ atm i'm still troubleshooting, since the CPU is overheating frequently and I cant run anything large like WC3 without bluescreening before long. Other than that it seems promising. Especially for free!!! Side of the road bargain! =]
**** you!! what a bunch of luck you have. About the overheating thing, just install a fan, im sure its no big deal. If the overheating problem continues, take it to a computer store and they will probably fit some insualtion or more vent units or a higher powered fan in it.

Originally by kupo:
(BTW, for those who rocked up to my Smashfest Birthday, Thank you guys soooo much for turning up! I had so much fun and felt glad that everyone got a decent intake of food/meals XD.)
i swear em, and this is the honest truth, that meal was the only thing that really kept the hotel group going. That was the only square meal we had all freaking week ... unless you count 2 double bacon burger delux's as a square meal ...

Originally by mic_128:
*Plays DS*
*looks at wallet after buying university books*
*tumbleweed*
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Originally by rmusgraves:
I've edited the second post in this topic to have the list of smashers in Australia
kindly replace my occupation with 'university student' and then spell Adelaide correctly. Thank you.

university is fun, i cant wait till i start driving there, cos then i wont have to catch the stupid buses which are late 99.999999999% of the time.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've been spending time out in the provinces of Nam lately, hence my Smashboards absence. I'm having a great time out here (in Dalat right now), but my urge to Smash is rising.

When I get back you guys better stop playing rubbish and get back into Smash. I need a Smashwhoring period; haven't seen a Cube since @M, which is pretty frustrating. CATS is right. If it gets out of hand and no one Smashes anymore, I will start paying people money to play me in Smash, lol. (You wish! XD)

I'll host something decent-sized and worthwhile when I get back, but it would be nice if a large scale meet is planned at someone else's place who hasn't hosted gatherings before/much.

It's good to see some @M pics posted. It's enlightening.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey all, let me know if there's anything happening so I can get Carlos into it.
Also, I can't make it to weekday meetups, but if you have any let me know just in case I get time off (which seems pretty likely lately as my work is pretty slow this time of year)
Umm, get over WC3 already :p!

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Me = lazy so if you want your profile thing on the first post updated, get rmusgrave to change it, all the details are now in the 2nd post -_-. its not that im lazy, it that smashboards takes like 10 mins ot load 1 page on my comp. hence, why im posting from school now ahaha.

This may have already been said, but i havent chekced previous pages -_-

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Who the hell is Mario 1234? Hack like. Anyway, we miss you Cao. Or rather, we miss your house XD Come back already. More pics coming soon, I really need to knee Hayden in the balls.

Unfortunately Mat's comment about the meal we ate at Em's place is honestly 100% true. We got very little nourishment all week compared to that day. Lots of excerise, junkfood and gaming. Mum actually said to me when i got home that I looked thinner in the face. Lol, oh well.

Plasia, you dont know anything. Just because a game isnt brand new doesnt mean its gay. We (including you) all still play smash, and its older than WC3. You just never played any maps with quite as many people as we had a couple weeks ago. Let me tell you, 10 player Hero maps are **** fun. I have more to say, but clearly its a case of the good old C B F. Ta! =]

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think Mario just got the wrong topic. (And how!)

C B F? Captain "Buttocks" Falcon?

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by SabreAnt
Plasia, you dont know anything. Just because a game isnt brand new doesnt mean its gay. We (including you) all still play smash, and its older than WC3. You just never played any maps with quite as many people as we had a couple weeks ago. Let me tell you, 10 player Hero maps are **** fun. I have more to say, but clearly its a case of the good old C B F. Ta! =] [/B]
SSBM is old in a good way, WC3 isnt.

I know what 10 player Hero maps are like, I used to play a bit of DotA (which is a popular 16 player hero map) when I played WC3FT. But for the most part the gameplay which makes up real WC3FT got quite tedious a while ago.

That being said, WC3FT is a good game, and even though I got tired of the standard game (after reaching level 14), I enjoy custom maps as much as anyone. In fact, I still have it installed and played a game of DotA last week.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
According to that post, you say Warcraft is old, then list all of the good bits. WTF?

Lets get some good non-WC-related talk going here. How's everyone going at school/uni/tafe?

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
The standard warcraft game is old, the custom maps are different, I hope you can fathom the difference between the two.

I'm hoping for a smash meet in Melbourne in the next couple of weeks. I havent played due to various unfortunate circumstances (smegging train) since last year!!!

Divine_Crono

Smash Cadet
Warcraft 3, IMHO, gets really boring unless you're doing custom games. Mainly because I get slaughtered when I try to play a proper game. :D

But pushing on, I've gotta say, again I find myself lucky that there are so many SSBM players in Victoria. You'll get to know my odd luck as my stay here passes through time. :)

Anyways, I was wondering three things for all the Victorian players here. My first is to ask if you participated in the SuperChallenge last year. My second is to ask you just how good you are at Melee. My final is to ask how much would you guys like to show off in an all-Victorian Smash tourney.

I suppose to give an idea of the tournament size, I'll explain my network of players.

I've got a few friends here, but playing them is like beating a sack of meat. There are two who stand out out that are directly linked to me, a guy named Reon and another with the alias of Syrick. Syrick has converted to F-Zero GX, but he's not too bad. reon is the only person I am unable to beat, and our matches are incredible. Reon has a larger group of friends though. He called a Smash tourney after he collected names from the SuperChallenge players that showed some talent, and though I'm sure that pretty much all of those participants won't be too hard for me to beat by now, that's still a good 15 players we had.

At this point, I'm dying for a tourney like that again. I want to know how good I really am. I get to see Reon maybe once every month or two, and he's the only one I want to play now because he can beat me.

My goal here is to get the rest of you Victorians out there into my lounge room to find someone to be even with, someone to improve with, and answer you question "How good am I? Seriously?"

I'd appreciate PM's or MSN messages, and I added all the players from the first page list that were in VIC to my MSN list. Please don't fob me off your contact list, I'm not a stalker or crazy random person. Well, not for the most part. :p

Oh, I've been told to edit in a profile. Here we go. :D

Divine_Crono
Name: Nathan (Crono preferred)
Mains: Fox and Falco. Sometimes Marth.
MSN/Contact: divine_crono@hotmail.com

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
In Saigon.

Hey Chronos, get to see the spirit of Smash live on in VIC. Rats to you and Reon missing out on the @M Aus Tourney only a couple weeks back. But VIC only is still cool. Once I get back to Melbourne on the 7th, I think it would be excellent to get you two into a Smashfest with the Melbourne crew to see exactly where you stand. You both seem uber competitive ^^. Stick around here and you hear details of the next meet.

Get Reon and all his other crew mates to attend. Then the scene would really explode!

Most of us from Melbourne on Smashboards went to SC and yes, alot of us here are thristy for more Tournaments. People are banking on me to host something big really soon (Easter sounds good), but the gang hold meetups all the time.

kupo

Smash Lord
OMG, Smash. Haven't played since Ryota/Perthites left Vic XD. I miss you guys...>.>

OMG again. Another Fox and Falco player XD.

Divine Crono, Yep, the vics [myself, Cronos_Rainbow, SabreAnt, CATS, CAOTIC, Duffman and Cella_lina] have attended the superchallenge. SabreAnt came 3rd [and clearly the best Samus in the smash finals <3]. Oh, and he's probably the best F-zero GX player in Aus. XD. *Wishes*

My second is to ask you just how good you are at Melee
We'd destroy everyone in smash that attended the Superchallenge ^^. We've been playing this game for 2-3 years and basically know the basic/advance skills.

My final is to ask how much would you guys like to show off in an all-Victorian Smash tourney.
HELL YEHS!
Oh man, please say you live somewhere in the South Eastern Suburbs! And host a smashfest during weekends! I'll give you lots of smashing!

It's unfortunate that you've found smashboards 2 weeks late >.>. Cronos_Rainbow organised a tournament then and people from Perth, Adelaide and Japan's Best, Captain Jack participated in the tournament [and have also got vids up on DC++].
Oh well, theres always next time [if anyone ever bothers to hold another tourney in Melb. XD].

Big Burn

Smash Lord
hey dudes sorry i was drunk as hell and i was happy that i was at 99 posts so i posted that worthless post to get 100....

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you have to do a worthless post to up your post count, go to forum games.

Kupo- Awwwwwwwwwwwww

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Exciting news. We are glad to hear from you Divine one =p

Hope very soon to meet you greet you, then beat you. =] Well, at least the first two anyway. I'm an fzero fan. Hopefully you friend can surprise me. See you soon.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
effing victorians and thier effing competition!

just a random post from up north to say, smash, **** YEHS!

and after a bit of a dabble with Falco/Fox, who ive never seriously played but are pretty **** fun, i picked up jigglypuff instead!
surprised? i sure was!

hopefully in a few months will be making a journy to which ever city has more people to smash....anyway... down+b *ting/zoom* HAW HAW HAW

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
I've been at this place for nearly 4 years, and I don't think I've ever posted in here...I hardly ever play SSBM anymore except when a friend comes over or something, but I might as well put my details in...

Fierce Deity Vegeta (Fdv)

Name: Chris
Mains: Falco
Email/MSN: bobdiddlyob@hotmail.com

NG7

Smash Lord
I live in Brisbane. Yay. NOT. I like to play smash but i'm abit crappy. Like many cases in Australia i only have a few friends to play with but if somone is ever organising something contact me.

Details

NG7
Name: John
Mains: Link, Ness.......
MSN/Contact: quiet_departure@hotmail.com

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
All these new eastern-staters are getting me worked up....guys, when's the next meet-up?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
well, ryan has the car and license ... so its pretty much up to him, but seeing as some people have pokecards when the others decide to play smash, a certain someone missed out on the last meet up.

Whenever is fine with me, josh knows the drill.

chances are ill have my license by mid-april, so we could be having some north of the river smash meets!!!! that is assuming josh and kenton want to ride in the car whilst i drive.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Originally posted by mic_128
I never knew you were Australian. Hi.
Yah, I never knew you were Australian either till a while ago...um...G'day :******:

NG7...you diss Brisbane again and you gotta answer to me. :p

NG7

Smash Lord
nonono haha. :D Brisbane is a great city. But the Smash scene here is what i was talking about. :(

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Unless we want it to just be a 6 player smashfest, we need to try and bring back all the potential perth contestants such as:

tim
chris
timmy
ed
evan
kalamari
roland (?)
rensa (?)

roland and rensa live in busselton and waikiki respectively, i doubt they will be able to make it, but we should still offer them the chance to come.

If we don't get some more solid players other than us 6, we are just gonna stagnate as a community.

Also, do we wanna start doing things like cash prizes (nothing drastic), money matches, low tier tourneys etc?

The unit that we could possibly hold tournaments in next door probably won't be ready in time for the easter tourney, but maybe for the one after that.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well I like the sound of a low-tier tournie, and with the questions I've been getting from timmy, it sounds like he'd be interested.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
Unless we want it to just be a 6 player smashfest, we need to try and bring back all the potential perth contestants such as:

tim
chris
timmy
ed
evan
kalamari
roland (?)
rensa (?)
highly agreed. Maybe we should plan a high grade tourney, one that is very serious. Get everyone in it, plan it for april or something far away so everyone has plenty of time to get ready/plan things/make sure they can come.

If we don't get some more solid players other than us 6, we are just gonna stagnate as a community.
heh heh heh .... stagnate....

no uni tomorrow ...... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *rests extrememly sore legs*

NG7

Smash Lord
Who else in here was from Brisbane besides Vegeta? I'm not normally lazy but i really don't want to read through all the pages of this thread. Just want to get a rough idea of how people there are, just in case something IS to be organised. So if you live near Brisbane, please speak up or e-mail me.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
I have two friends who are avid smash players (and better than me), and I know a couple of other people who have played and are pretty good...so if there ever is a QLD tourney I could bring them...and forgive my ignorance; I've never even posted in the melee room...wtf are tiers?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Blademarth (original thread starter) and 220man along with their associates all play smash in Qld. And yeah, like Mic said, look at the first page for the readouts.

I did some very sexy scaling of pics the other day, but I'm still waiting for Hayden to BACK BREAKINGLY SLAVE AWAY FOR HOURS AND HOURS IN THE ARDUOUS AND VERY TAXING TASK, OF UPLOADING PICS!!, erm... I mean click his mouse a few times. So yeah, wont be long ^^

More bnetting Josh and Em. You got that patch update yet? I'd hope so.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Fierce Deity Vegeta
I've never even posted in the melee room...wtf are tiers?
It's basicaly a list of characters in order of most cheap, to the characters who are the hardest to play as. Or something.

NG7

Smash Lord
Originally posted by mic_128
It's basicaly a list of characters in order of most cheap, to the characters who are the hardest to play as. Or something.
Haha! I've never seen anyone say it like that before.

Top Bottom