• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Says you Bringer!:D

Can we make the next FTS on a Sat or other non-Sunday? And can we do one celebrating Winter-een-mas?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by rmusgrave:
Sure. Smash. Good. Must. Excellent
well, your the one with the car, so yeah ..... good

Originally by mic_128:
Says you Bringer!

Can we make the next FTS on a Sat or other non-Sunday? And can we do one celebrating Winter-een-mas?
Yeah, next fts will be on a sat, but we will have to wait till josh gets back to have another fts, cos we wouldnt be able to host it anywhere.

And the winter-een-mas idea is great. we can take a picture and send it in.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
I am not dead. I live again. Msn is way more fun than here coz i dont have to read those enormous pages of posts. yay. today, i met 2 new people, caotic and myst dreamer. yay. have fun in whatever game you people play...melee was it? lol jk, have fun y'all! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, next fts will be on a sat, but we will have to wait till josh gets back to have another fts, cos we wouldnt be able to host it anywhere.
I could probably host it... Assuming you guys could make your way to my place... and handle my small/old TV's with bad reflection from the windows...

Josh's Xmas gift's
Lol.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Hi everyone, I'm sending this PM from the Sedona Hotel in Yangon (Rangoon) in Myanmar. Just letting you know that my family and I were not in the effected areas of the tsunamis as Yangon is quite far from the shore, however we did feel the earthquake while we were in the hotel (the building felt like it was swaying back and forth) we didn't even bother to evacuate which now seems very careless on our part. Anyway, it was still only a fairly mild tremor. However because of the tsunamis, we can no longer going to Phuket (we were going to go there Tuesday) and we are still hesitant about going to Bangkok because of the atmosphere that Thailand will be in won't make it feel like one to holiday in. Aside from all that, we will probably still be making it home at similar times and dates, with perhaps an extended stay in Myanmar or Bangkok to make up for not being able to go to Phuket. Anyway, deepest sympathies for anyone who knew relatives that may have suffered from the event (my cousin just happened to decide to visit friends outside of Phuket where she lives not long before the tsunamis struck which was very fortunate).

In Myanmar we are having a great time, and we are all in good health, I don't have much longer time on the net so I best be off now. Cya all again soon =)

P.S - Mat, can you ring my house and tell my grandma to tell my sisters to ring us at the hotel at about 6.30pm perth time today? that would be appreciated. (or kenton if you see this first)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Wow, thankyou for posting Josh. It didnt occur to me that you would be near the afflicted areas. Glad to hear you are ok. Apparently there was about 7000 people from Australia in that region at the time it was struck. We are very grateful that you and your family were spared any immediate loss Josh. Thanks again for allaying any specualtion that might have otherwise arisen. Please take care.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Darn! There goes my entire plan to..I mean..good to hear from you! Seriously, gad to know you're OK. Uh.......*Doesmeh-erism*

kupo

Smash Lord
*Big sigh of relief*

Glad you're OK man. Like Jon said, thanks for letting us know. I was worried all day when I heard the news ><.
Anyways, have a safe trip and I hope that nothing goes disasterrific. Take care ^^.

*PS* I really [X infinite] wanna vs your Peach.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, some good news. Glad to hear everything's alright up there. Hope the rest of your holiday's just as fun and accident free as it has been :).

Smashfest anyone? Mat? Kenton? What days and places are best for you guys? Can you guys host while Josh is away, or shall we wait for him?

And tickets. What day shall we buy our tickets? I hear flight centre and qantas are having sales...

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
P.S - Mat, can you ring my house and tell my grandma to tell my sisters to ring us at the hotel at about 6.30pm perth time today? that would be appreciated. (or kenton if you see this first)
yeah ... its dec 30 now ... and i just saw that message. Sorry!!! Glad to hear that you are ok.

we didn't even bother to evacuate which now seems very careless on our part
ROFL!!!! now that is lazy!!

Hotel security: Everyone!! there is an earthquake!! run for your lives!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

Josh: but that involves getting off this chair ............ so i dont think ill be doing that *eats more chicken twisties*

Smashfest anyone? Mat? Kenton? What days and places are best for you guys? Can you guys host while Josh is away, or shall we wait for him?
Kenton is banned from all future smashfests .... he doesnt deserve to be included :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . Until he does something to get back into the good books, he is now : 'quitter boy'.
After buying tickets, you guys can come back to my place for smash, but only you and mic.

Just in case anyone cares, i achieved secondary graduation and i got my certificate and everything ... so go me!!!

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
lol, Kenton was crap anyway. Mainly in a bad sport way...It would've been fun to beat him to a pulp again though..oh well. and Josh i am glad that you're ok...sorry my caring was a bit late...i didnt see untill now. I might attend Feb afterall...depends now how much i keep at it...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have one thing to say:

WOOT!

I'm bringing my camera to the next meet as well! >=]

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Went to CATS' place today for some good old fashioned Smash, and a fair bit of Naruto aswell, as it turned out. Good fun. Had a great time get owned by his well practised large Kaiten trick, and had awesome fun teaming up with CATS vs nextdoor neighbours Julian & Joe, who teamed up as Orochimaru and Itachi. Mostly we won, and at one point, Team Temari & Ino, absolutely OOOOWWNED them. Which was great. I got a little leverage back when we turned on smash and let his Peach have it with my DK, again XD. Sorry man, practise more!! His Young Link and Pichu are quite good to fight and surprisngly his Pichu was quite alright. I look forward to the others seeing it in action. Providing that you show them what you showed me. Got there at about 11:30am and got home at about 11:30pm, yet another telltale sign of a good smashing. ^^ Looking forward to the 10th.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
what he doesn't tell you is that he owned me with just about every character in the game. it just shows i need to practise much more and hopefully i'll be able to perform better on monday

i still have a long way to go :)

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
lol cats. i can beat jon....we gotta verse cats. How about you come over in a couple of days....for some reason i dont play well against not so leet ppl...so it'll be good practise for the both of us :)

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, what mic said =P

Feb rolls closer... and so does Josh's return...

Em, btw, how'd you go with those vids? Did you happen to find a decent one that I actually win in? I don't want to lose to you in all my matches on the web =P.

If you can't find one, just put up the Jiggs vs Roy match :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Happy 19th birthday shaz, have fun in your last year as an irresponsible teenager. Next year you will be seen as an irresponsible adult, but the difference is that you are supposed to be responsible .... but we all know that isnt going to happen

Originally by rmusgrave:
Feb rolls closer... and so does Josh's return...
@M!!!! YEHSS!!!! Josh coming back ... double YEHS!!!! Smash this friday + sat + sun + all next week??? *chck* OOOooooOOOOooOOOOOooooOOOOOoooo triple YEHSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay, now that the perthite team will once again be together, its time to wipe the dust of those smash thumb joints and gear up for a massive training session.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mat, does Josh know? Or are we jut going to rock up at his door and complain loudly "WHAT! No westen smash scene?"

Also it's the age of 18 that you become the irresponcable adult. But Shaz has always lagged behind so I guess you're right.;)

Now to break away from Paper Mario and HL2 deathmatch to train.....

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by mic_128:
Mat, does Josh know? Or are we jut going to rock up at his door and complain loudly "WHAT! No westen smash scene?"
LOL, i vote that we do that. Im sure he wouldnt mind too much. Then we would tell him that he owes ryan $398, im sure he would love to hear that news.

Also it's the age of 18 that you become the irresponcable adult. But Shaz has always lagged behind so I guess you're right.
18 = teenager, 19 = teenager, 20 = no longer a teenager!!!! i was right in the first place, dont question me.

kupo

Smash Lord
Em, btw, how'd you go with those vids? Did you happen to find a decent one that I actually win in?
Well, i'd like matches where both sides did well [you pulled off some nice techniques that were shown on the current vids up on DC and not on the others unfortunately]. My hat goes off to you in the F.o.D match [Peach vs Yoshi]. You did pretty **** well, considering that Peach basically owns that level ^^.

Uh...that Falcon vs Zelda and Jiggs vs Roy are never going up. The later matches [after the round 2 of Fox] got taped over by our silly matches with Bobby teh cool. lol.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
My hat goes off to you in the F.o.D match [Peach vs Yoshi]. You did pretty **** well, considering that Peach basically owns that level ^^.
XD. I nearly had you then. Near the end you barely survived that up-air, and then I screwed up my jump to b-air. Soooo clooose!!!! :p

Nah, you deserved all those wins. Next time will be a different story though. ^^

Uh...that Falcon vs Zelda and Jiggs vs Roy are never going up
Aww, why not? Don't you want the world to see you getting rested twice in one match? =P

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yay! Saturday? Or not soon enough! I can call Burgewr and we'll be over there in about 2 hours. That good? Good.

theduffman

Smash Cadet
is everyone talking about this saturday? this saturday sucks for me beacuse I'm going on holiday early that day. :(

I'll be in adelaide for a week but gotta stick around the family so no smash up there.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Siggy info.

By all means, go ahead ^^ - it was made for the both of you (Emily, Quetz). Once you guys get it, I'll be putting a sig of my own online.
Anyone who wants their own @M sig, PM me giving me your description of what you want, taglines, etc. Or you can just ask for the photoshop template - that'd work too,

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
You did beat me remember?
Nice to meet up with ryan and mic yesterday, it got me back into the swing of things, and I don't think I've forgotten anything since being back. When is everyone free for another meet? seeing as you guys know the way to mat's house too we could alternate between houses so mum doesn't get angry every second day i ask her if friends can come over.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
seeing as you guys know the way to mat's house too we could alternate between houses so mum doesn't get angry every second day i ask her if friends can come over.
no worries ...... wait .. that means i have to clean my room. Ugh, great, physical labour .... i cant wait.

Whenever you want to come over, just sms me. You can pick up josh on the way down.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
In case none of you have, seen. There is a thread in Melee Tournaments (at the moment, it might move) regarding KishCubed. He died early on January 15th 2005 due to heart complications. Not quite 20 years old. He was the equivalent school age of me Shaz, Em and Cella. How sad. Pass on your sympathies if you like. I did.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
To lighen things up a bit.....

"Leave him to me Ryan! I've got him!"

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
>< It's never fair when people die young.

*Sigh* How I wish people didn't have to die. Course, that would cause more problems than it solved... Anyway, on a lighter note,

Next smashfest guys? I'm working tomorrow (Wednesday) and I'm busy working from Sunday through Friday next week. Other than that, I have no plans, and would very much like plans to be made so I don't have to go into work XD. Too much work! :(

Still, I've basically made the trip's money back already ;)

Top Bottom