• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

kupo

Smash Lord
I tried recording NTSC on VCR and it turned out black/white and all grainy-ish [Yes, i did switch the region recording from PAL to NTSC and also my TV]. At times, it looked like the tape was going to die and the recording seemed to slow down. Everything went in slooooow moootiooon and the sounds sounded like they are run on a fagged up cassette player [looow].

Blah, if all the above doesn't make sense, disregard it. ><.

Recording matches on VCR while playing in projector sounds impossible. I'm an amatuer when it comes to Digital/Computer devices. Recording by a hand-held Cam. seems like a good method.

...Aaa, Mendokusei...

Plazy, that sounds sweet.

Edit in Response to below:

*steals Jons Naruto Thunder*

*giggles*

Air Katon owns you!

*grins*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Oooh, dont worry, all your problems can be solved by a certain powerpoint presentation. ^^

Hmm, maybe I'll actually ask mum about having someone over tonight. I have to remember a lot of things atm, and one of those is to friccin invite people to the cinema before I run out of time! Bugger. I'm soo tired.

Going to Immanuel's for the weekend, ha-cha! Fear my Ino skills!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's 18 past 12 and im posting on SWF. Any ideas as to how?:D

Anyway, Caotic, well be seing you on Sunday, unless you have any major objecctions?

And I finally got HalfLife 2 working. Just need to getsome new drivers for the graphics card. Ho-friggin-ray. Still, awsome game.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I object to everything, lol.

It's Calvo, not Cao.

Have a chat to him - I'm not going west any time soon.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Bah, CATS = too good at pokemon for my lacklustre teams and inadequate skills. Sure I disagree with some things, like the ease of having any move and max stats so easily....which in some cases is impossible due to level up issues, that and of course my terrible luck! All the same my *** was handed to me in a swift and overt fashion, for this I throw my hat to his doorstep. Fear not though, as I shall attempt to get better and do something useful about it, providing the ever so fun competition we've come to expect from a bum like me.
I like aeroplan jelly, aeroplane jelly for me.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just a reminder that this is a Smash Bros. Forum - not a friggin' Pokemon one.

Anyways, are you free this Friday Chronos? Em and I will trek it to the city to check out the venue for the tourny. Care to join us?

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by CAOTIC
Just a reminder that this is a Smash Bros. Forum - not a friggin' Pokemon one.
Heh, don't let it bother you so much man, chatter really doesn't ever deviate far from topic.

This is gonna sound weird but perhaps you guys should consider using a camcorder as a secondary way of recording the match. That way you get all of the funny comments and crowd reaction to stuff. I usually find vids recorded like this to be more interesting to watch.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Lol - who wants to be in charge of recording?

*everyone runs away...*

Nah, it's not stressing me out, but I hate Pokemon. It's a lame excuse for a real RPG, but meh... everyone's gonna raise their pitchforks in retailition, so i'm going to shut up.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by CAOTIC
It's a lame excuse for a real RPG, but meh... everyone's gonna raise their pitchforks in retailition, so i'm going to shut up.
*Raises pitchforks* Just because you can't be a wizard or whatever. It's a good game.

Uh....SSBM rules?

And Calvo, where were you today? We got there early, waited for ages and nothing. Don't you like meeee.........:(

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
I beat cats at pokemon, after the million and one defeats. Yay =)
Calvo didn't show?... what happened?
Can perth people post here and say whether you are coming or not to the next tourney plz.
Recording with the video camera is fine with me, but i think we should have it set up on a tripod centred on the screen like the tg6 finals so its not the blair witch project.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
my pokemon are still weak, i haven't got everything ironed out yet. marc is the man to beat in pokemon ;)

i think a video camera is the way to go when recording matches in feb.

pokemon is a good RPG espiecially in comparison to other ones i have played.

Calvo

Smash Rookie
I'm really really sorry about that :(

As you may have noticed, I've been off the internet since tuesday, and since I forgot that I would have been off for that huge amount of time and with nothing confirmed I kind of made the assumption that no-one would turn up, so I just sat in the departure lounge and played my gameboy. I didn't go out of the departure lounge because my hand luggage was packed so there was no space and I didn't want to have to take out everything and repack it so the airport staff can confirm that I have a cube power pack in the bottom of my bag :/

What time did you show up, where were you in the airport and what flight were you expecting me to be on?

Once again, I'm terribly terribly sorry having made you wait.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Setting up a tripod for the Melbourne Tourney would be difficult - it's not that simple with this theatre. Some one will have to hold it, hehe. And seeing there will be 2 projectors, the sound of one of them would have to be turned off, as the recodring will sound too complicating otherwise. At least there are 2 VCR's.

So how was the Perth Tourney? Great turnout? Or do I need to roll out the next set of tumbleweeds? lol.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
SMASH BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

is what gets my underwear tight.

smash bros!

the only way i'll ever win in a fight!

smash bros!

everyone else can suck arse

and i'll just play smash bros till my hands fall off.

ahem.

pokejimon was/is cool, i dont play the new ones much, but i am looking forward to any 3D pokemon game they might create (as long as its the whole RPG, (snap was cool... then gay.... then cool... then gay... then dead), that would be mad.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Calvo
What time did you show up, where were you in the airport and what flight were you expecting me to be on?
Well we got there at about 11:50 as there was only 2 flights due to land at 12:15. It landed early, I waited near the area where people came off the plane with a little cardbord sign, waited, went down to baggage claim, waited, had you paged, waited, called Ryan, waited, had you paged again, waited, went back to the lounge, waited finally leaving at 12:55.
Uh...Flight 589 from Sydney? (Ryan guessed you'd need to do a stopover there from Queensland)

Kaydash-You haven't played Poke Colusieum have you?;)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
Recording with the video camera is fine with me, but i think we should have it set up on a tripod centred on the screen like the tg6 finals so its not the blair witch project.
Ok, that can work. Does anyone have a video camera? Cos my brother does, so all we need to do is buy some tapes for it (they are cheap, so dont worry) and that could work. But if we have 2 or 3 tv's running, we will need 2 or 3 camera's.

Calvo .... big NHJ

Calvo

Smash Rookie
Jesus guys, I'm really sorry :/

I can't believe I missed all that, I must've been too engrossed playing pokemon :/

I was on the sydney flight, but that was because I actually had to catch a flight in from rural NSW.

Sorry guys, sorry, sorry. I'll get my mobile number out to you guys next time. I feel really bad now.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
You ******* Calvo! Hang you head in shame! *comforts brokenhearted mic* Shame shame shame.

Lol, sorry, but you're a bum! Pokemon over a friend. Tut tut.

By.. uhh someone (Cao i think): "And seeing there will be 2 projectors, the sound of one of them would have to be turned off, as the recodring will sound too complicating otherwise. At least there are 2 VCR's."

Not necessary to turn sound off, just leave it on. You hear other matches in some vids, but it doesnt override the primary noises. Lol, I remember hearing a Falcon OOooOoOOoOoing away in the Wes vs GERM vid on Corneria. XD

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not necessary to turn sound off, just leave it on. You hear other matches in some vids, but it doesnt override the primary noises. Lol, I remember hearing a Falcon OOooOoOOoOoing away in the Wes vs GERM vid on Corneria. XD
Hehe. How far apart would the sound be coming from each of the speakers etc? If it's far enough apart, we won't have to worry about it. Otherwise, we could always connect the camera up to the sound directly (or something like that).

Exams over and Yoshi is in training. It's tempting to stop playing other characters just so I can get ALL of Yoshi's different timings down and consistent :) .

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We'll see once we check out the facility properly this Friday arvo. But sticking the camera near the speaker is ridiculous - the ceiling is 10m high, lol.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
[pokemon thing]

you serious...?

but is it good ? (or at least worth 80 of my dollars)

and i just checked the info post in the @M thread...
*gag*
WEEE!

yesterday i put in my application for holidays and got them so tomorrow im buying tickets... *SPAZMATICNESS*

i have some strange feeling we need a smashtional anthem.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
My VCR is top tier!!!!

Guys, i dont know what kind of crappy vcr's you have, but obviously mine is so much better. I can tape perfectly normal at 60hz, there is no problems at all. YOUR VCR'S ARE CRAP.

So, everyone else in perth, try your vcr's at 60hz, cos we need more than one at FTS3 if we are going to have more than one TV running, and by the amount of people coming, we will need more than one tv, cube and vcr.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Kaydash
[Bi have some strange feeling we need a smashtional anthem. [/B]
Well, since I was waiting for OVER 1 1/2 HOURS AT CENTERLINK I wrote one. Enjoy.

Australian Smashinal Anthem
Australians, all let us rejoyce
For we play Smash Melee.
With Charactors and modes galore
But coins we never see.
Our lounge abound in Nintendo's gifts,
Playing smash all week.
From W.A.
To eastern states,
Lets play smash bros Melee
Samus Fox Pichu Yoshi *
Lets play Smash Bros Melee.

I found that this line can be replaced (or accompanied by) a round of "OOoooOOO"s

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I found that this line can be replaced (or accompanied by) a round of "OOoooOOO"s
LOL! XD Too good. Nice work mic, you are an inspiration to all us Aussie battlers. Melee battlers ofcourse.

Hmm, I asked mum about having 3 people stay and built you 3 up, but I dunno if it'll work out. She said she'll think about it. So theres still a fighting chance there. About recording in 60hz, I was talking about when I recorded with our old vcr, but I actually never tried with my new one. I think thats worth having a look at. Pity when Cory came over, someone screwed with the internal settings and I cant for the %@#$ing life of me figured out how they changed it. The menu is ***, but maybe the remote needs new batteries or something else similarly as stupid.

Thanks very much to all who attended my cinema screening last night. Hope you all enjoyed Hero. It was quite an interesting movie. It wouldn't have been the same without you guys, so thanks for showing up! =] Owen deserves a special thankyou for driving me, Em, Joel and Matt home. Even though he likely will never read this. His car sound system rocks!!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Paul is insulted!
Jon, thanks for the invo, and gw again for earning it....I really wish Falcon could have made it though....shame about the whole intergalactic hero engagements he's tangled in :(
When you guys end up with a CC, think we could send you some videos for you to put up? Jon has a card, but his comp is apparently too inconsistent or something....mine is out of the question due to sytem reqs, and Ems runs like a *****. In other words, we are fhags, though would like to be fair and show some vids so ppl have an idea how we play ( I say we...I speak for the others though they may like the element of surprise, so it may just be me.)
Mic, thanks for mentioning Fox :)
FTS = a pure ownage in anyones books....I wanna see matches from it :O!!!
YEHS! I wanna UpB Nehz! OooOoOOOOooooOh!

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Hey sabre ant tracked you down. I told you guys about the smash bro melle comp that was held in mooney ponds to bad i didnt make it. Thier might be a bit of a meet up at plasia house soon for sc2 and smash melee ok. Also if any of you guys still play smash bros 64 2 of my friends havent had any competition in a while for it they bet nearly every player at our school at it including Joseph who was at the mooney ponds comp he said he beat some girl after the initail comp id that rings sny bells for you guy he was also asian if that helps.
Well ill check back here soon to see whats happening with the feburary comp. Hope to see you guys thier when its all finalized. See you guys later.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nick, welcome, good to see another smaher, een though you might want to use a spell-checker. And Ryan, what's happening tonight?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hey nickcaine87. Did you post the details under a different screen name? Because your name doesnt ring any bells. Yeah we went there and cleaned up lol. 1st went to Em, 2nd went to me and 3rd went to Shaz. We went home happy. ^^ Thanks for the heads up. e2 is a cool place. I'll be interested in meeting up sometime to play smash and sc2. Let me know when and where and I'll try my best.

Mic you sexy man, put some pants on.

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
Josh, I dont exactly know if I can come to the tourney or not because Bryce leaves for Japan that day and I have to see him off(according to mum). If all goes well, me and Bryce could both come to the tourney and then Bryce goes to Japan later on in the day. I dunno, Ill have to check. Is it possible to move the tourney day back a bit?
Um, yeah. I dont know about you guys, but smash is dead over here. I've seen roadkill with more life in it than that game.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
I can't push it back any further. We could make it a saturday, but that really depends on whether people can make it still. If I moved the tourney to Dec 4th on a Saturday, would everyone still be able to come?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be able to come. Tourney's more important than anything else.

Um, yeah. I dont know about you guys, but smash is dead over here. I've seen roadkill with more life in it than that game.
When you say 'over here', do you mean WA or at your house? Cos if its WA I'm coming over and kicking your butt, at smash or not, whichever day you want. ;)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
If I moved the tourney to Dec 4th on a Saturday, would everyone still be able to come?
Nope, ill be in margaret river. However, if i train my mind rigorously enough, i will be able to play psychicly from margaret river, but if i cant do that, i wont be able to come.

SORRY!!!!!!!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Ah nice excuse Mat, you're just scared of Mic's Falco arent you?? ^^ How lucky you happen to be going away on a day that suits more people. =p

About Kenton's comment on smash being dead, its like that recently here, but we will pick things up when the time draws closer. Atm, its all pokemon and Naruto matches that make us laugh.

*does girly pose, waving arm in the air*
"CHOUJIIIIIIIIIIII!!!"

Lol, Immanuel beat my Samus 3 times out of 4 the other day (with Sheik). I was playing soooo bad. Then a couple days ago, I got revenge, practised a bit, then wham! 3 stockage!!! Oooh, bad egg broo.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Sabreant:
Ah nice excuse Mat, you're just scared of Mic's Falco arent you?? ^^ How lucky you happen to be going away on a day that suits more people. =p
*thinks back to yesterday's smash session at josh's* hmmm, im not that afraid of his falco!! my short hopping shall reign supreme!! its a shame that SH does crap all to peach :(

About Kenton's comment on smash being dead, its like that recently here, but we will pick things up when the time draws closer.
One play smash sucks .... lvl 9 computers are about as fun to verse as a dry piece of toast....... *SIGH* .. oh well... pikmin and paper mario will have to do untill the tourney.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cubed64
Originally by Sabreant: *thinks back to yesterday's smash session at josh's* hmmm, im not that afraid of his falco!! my short hopping shall reign supreme!! its a shame that SH does crap all to peach :(
Grrr. That was just due to not vsing a person for a bit. My 'skilzors' were just a bit rusty. And almost flat batteries. I'll wipe the floor next round!

Josh is still as brutal as ever......:(

kupo

Smash Lord
*does girly pose, waving arm in the air*
"CHOUJIIIIIIIIIIII!!!"
NIKUDAN SENSHA!
WotaWotaWotaWotaWotaWota!!!

I wanna play smash now...I'm bored of naruto already lol.

Itachi the man. Exploding Bunshin is hilarious and Tsukoyumi is cheap.

Eh Eh Eh, who's gonna get the "Worst Falco Ever Title" in @m? Whee-hee-hee!

I can't wait to get owned. ^^;;

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
er.. Hiya.

Mic asked me if i could make some @M or somthing banners for you people with my newly acquired (legally, of course!) photoshop, although im not quite sure waht he means, anyone care to elaborate? meh, wateva.

go melee.

Top Bottom