• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
My god, you guys are all insane! But since that's been well established I'll move on.

So asside from your movie winnings, what else did you guys win? Like a grand total...?

GRADUATION THIS FRIDAY!!!! YESSS!!!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!! 12 YEARS OF CRAP OVER!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! AND AFTER EXAMS WE CAN DO WHATEVER THE HECK WE WANT!!!!!!! [end psychotic episode]
Ha! Yeah, it's fun now, just wait until Centerlink gets involved! *Shudders*

We recently held a games day at a LAN centre near our Uni, which was quite a success, as was the UT2k4 and Street Fighter 3S competitions.
UT2k4 rules! A shame I lost it.....stupid windows, corrupting itself....

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Top tier. cant really say much else ^_^ nice work, not much you can do to stop silly people being, silly people, but we all know you own plenty anyway. great stuff, just plain awesome. being cheered on to kick *** at a video game... how is that not the greatest?

and yeah, i agree tottally with Jon, about leaving school party hard... but get a job/something eventually. life gets slow when you sit around all day.

not much really to say, just super yay for all the children of the world and silly new sig.

but mainly what do people think of Green & Gold Smash(ers) "GNGS" (go+get smashed, go & get stuffed (yay kiddy cuss)) i was thinking of starting an aus smash site, and thought it might make an ok url/slogan if you guys think having a site would be pointless lemme know, otherwise if the site does get up and running it would be mainly for info about tounreys and player profiles... stats would be cool, video dir, or a DC++ plug.

just curious for feedback from the crew..... yo.

edit: UT2k4 r teh pwn.

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Having a site increases the chances of people coming to our tournies, and we can host our vids on the site, for those people who can't use DC++. So I think it's a good idea, but it's alot of work. I'll help if you decide to make one obviously. I dunno about the other guys. Oh and Green and Gold Smashers sounds too Aussie, lol. I like your siggy though XD.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Ryan - thanks for coming over yesterday, we got so caught into the game we lost track of time :S. Anyway, all your characters are improving, space animals quite rapidly in particular and yoshi of course. We have to get your prepared for december so that you can give melbourne a sample of what's to come. That means more meet ups.
I realised you won't be able to come friday because thats the day we are graduating and all the crap that happens around it (dinners etc), so we'll go for saturday 12ish then? Let me know soon so i can sort things out with mum.

Em - What's happening with the tourney match ups? and have you decided on formats yet? If you have, you might want to get shaz to edit the information on the first page of the @M thread. We can always still devise rules such as time, stock, stages etc.

Shaz - Any word on CJ? How is your rpg coming along?

Jon - I've already mentioned this via msn, but congrats on 3rd place, you probably inspired many people to go home and play samus! good work, feb sounds like a good time to use that cinema prize.. unless you have 25 friends. Didn't everyone get a prize even if they didn't get top 3? a bag or something?

CATS - how did you go in the finals? and mcqueenie?

Is there any word of another superchallenge thingy for next year?

Kaydash/Diablos - when ive finished with exams and such, i may consider making a site in my spare time. But at the moment, its not an option.

Parasol combos are addictive

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Diablos: The thing about having this thread here is that it seems to draw the curiosity of international Smashers, which is interesting.

In anycase, does anyone remember Ozhadou and OHN? A dude came on saying that he needed someone who knew smash to run a tournament at this Sydney event. Not really much was said about it and that was that.

Well... recently Ozhadou helped run the video games section of Animania, and their Smash competition there was a big hit, and they are discussing it's success atm. You guys really should take a look and have a say... or something, especially anyone from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, where Ozhadou has a presence.

http://www.ozhadou.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1020

M@

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow super challenge finalists, I'm matt from team NINTENDOWNED, I got eliminated in smash due to a faulty controller, as you may have noticed i played terrible, this is due to the fact that my controller (player 2) cutout for like 5 seconds at a time every 30 seconds or so, i was trying to complain to the tech guy, callum, but he picked up the control (mid game) and played for like 10 secs and said it was fine, this of course was not the case, if you were watching me play you wouldve noticed me camping most of the time, this was because i was trying to convince the tech guy that my control was F****d. if u remember Jon it was player 2 that they had to restart the final for and it was for good reason.

The guy who played smash after me spat the dummy about player 2's controller, Lachlan bruce, Also from fountain gate, had player 2 and also said it was playing up.

I believe that i wouldve pwned the people i played but the control was unbearable.

As a result of my "potential loss" of first place i complained and the tech guy said that they'll send me one of those tribal sp's and maybe metroid prime 2.

PS. Well done again and i think it wouldve been better if i had made it to the finals and proved beyond all reasonable doubt that fountain gate is the best cinema/ area and the guy who won it (not only didnt deserve it) but he really sucked at smash.

Also a shame my bro didnt get to smash as he got 1:52 in fzero but was beaten by a guy who got 1:49, i think they shouldve gone by times not positions considering one guy won with over 2 minutes ( i got 1:50:48)

I also hope to organise a tourney with Most of Nintendowned (+ a few extras), you guys and some of the others from fountain gate, ie Kyle and Giang Nguyen.

kupo

Smash Lord
You're one of the Manning Brothers yeah?

If you guys are free in Feb, please come to the smash tourney in Feb. Linkage is Here.

Keep us updated on any events that you organise.

M@

Smash Rookie
cool thanks for the linkage, both me and my brother will be there plus some more people who didnt do the super challenge (and maybe some who did) also kupo who are you? (obviously from the super challenge.)

dave8pie

Smash Rookie
Wow the superchallenge was cool :) Well done Jon (too bad about the restarts though). Still Fountain Hate did really well though could have done alot better. Would have ben cool to have 2 or 3 FG players in the final but oh well I had fun and that was the main point (I think).

I didn't know if our cheering was heard but obviously it was :) once again congrats.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yay! Guys from Hyperactive! Hello and welcome! Lookf orward to seing you guys in feb.

Why does everyone have to be from the eastern suburbs?
Quit your moaning. Everyone's in the Eastern states! Us Perthites are messed around more than you guys....*grumble*

I'm free saturday...?

Note: Page 100! W00t! Mannerisms for all!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Heyyyyyyyyyy, new people. Nintendowned huh? interesting........ Welcome M@ and dave8pie, i hope to see you at the tourney in feb.

Originally by Zan:
Why does everyone have to be from the eastern suburbs.
Quiet you!!! spare a thought for the smashers outside of melbourne. **** melbourne and their extremely hot tourney activity. come feb and it will be burning baby!!!!

Is everything still on for Saturday josh? Smash fest!! i am itching for some serious matches.

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!! YEHS!!!!! THEN GRADUATION AND FREEDOM!!!!! OMFG!!!! YAY!!!!! [end psychotic episode]

I got roped into doing prayers of the faithful. Now i have to stand infont of 800 people and say things like: 'look over the members of our community and blah blah blah ..... lord hear us'. Its going to be sooooo much fun (scientist: omg, my sarcasm detector exploded!!!!!) But Stacey asked me to do it so how could i say no :p

Roll on Feb and @M.. W00T!!!!!!!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Thanks again guys. Its good to be congratulated ^^ Oh and sorry guys from Perth, I would wait for you to come before I used my cinema screening, but I have to use it before the 25th of NOV. =[. Pretty dodgy huh?

HEY MANNING BROS!? WTH? Good to see you guys. Its me, Capjon Faljon. Well, even though I like Samus better, I'm better at f-zero than smash =p (COME IN FEB!)

Give me your mobile numbers if you have them. We contact and meet up for games soon. YEHS!

dave8pie

Smash Rookie
I am most definitely planning on being there in Feb Sabreant and Cubed 64 :)

Infact I have been practicing a little with other characters to be a challenge ;) in between playing Donkay Konga.

I will message you my number and Matt's as I think that at the Superchallenge he got yours. I wish I had posted here ages ago when I discovered the boards as I may have known you fellow players earlier.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Hiya new people, im the perosn who started this thread, although i don't post often here coz i live in queensland and dont have much competiton.

Anyway, this weekend, im going over 220man's house with some friends from school and having...well i guess u could call it a melee tournament.....slaughter party is more appropriate lol..Yeah, ill post the resualts, if i can be bothered to keep them later....not that anyone cares lol.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
We care, you just need to get a bigger and better smash community happening in QLD. Once you get the ball rolling things get easier. Maybe someday it would grow large enough to be a possibly state tournament location. But you'd have to wokr real hard for that. ^_~

Calvo

Smash Rookie
When on the weekend blademarth? I wouldn't mind coming around and having a bash if it suits my schedule :) I live on campus at griffith uni, but i've got a car so i can probably get where I need to be.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
This was just a bump at first, but I actually thought of something to say. This Monday we are going to dave8pie's place. Well, as far as we know, this is still ok. And yeah, me, Em, Shaz, Nat, and hopefully a couple others will be there. Dave and Matt for a while also too, of course (b4 Matt goes to work). Cats, this is your opportunity to come too. I know you live kinda far, but if you and you neighbour/brother can make it, we'd enjoy having you guys come too. I'd invite you too Zan but you probably have uni. Things should start around 3:30 and go till later on that evening. Cant say when, coz its not my house or decision. But I imagine 10 or so? Dont quote me, I might just be being optimistic. =p

Basically I just want this thread nearby to the Dutch one, because I issued an invite and hopefully some of them are interested to come. :D In Feb, not Monday. ^^;;

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm definitly interested. However, there's one problem. Currently plane tickets to Melbourne in Feb stand at about 1200 Euro's, almost twice what I paid for TG 6 and about 3 times what it would cost to go to Texas for Moast 3. Even if I wanted to go I simply do not have that kind of money. I'll look a bit more for an alternative, but considering the sheer distance I doubt I'll find anything I can afford. So it's fairly unlikely that I'll make it. Still, thanks for specificly inviting me. Maybe I'll find my way to Australia for some Smash some other time.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Calvo and BM i'll be in brisbane/gold coast for the bid day out (decided not to go to melbourne one since the bands i was going for arent going) which is on the 23rd of January so if either of you arent busy around that time we should play some smash qld style.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
uh, yeah Calvo, i would invite, except its like for a birthday party lol....hehe, maybe next time, ill keep everyone posted.

Also, new peole, it would be cool if you posted ur deatials ( location, age etc.) next time you post, so i can add to the details of us aus smashers on the first post.

Calvo

Smash Rookie
Well I'm buggering out of brisbane in about 3 weeks, and I could be gone from anywhere between 3 months to a year and a bit depending on how my exchange application goes, so I unfortunately won't be able to play some smash with you guys then kaydash :/

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by SabreAnt
I'd invite you too Zan but you probably have uni.
I just discovered that my one and only exam is on the 23rd of November. With me finishing classes today that actually gives me a lot of free time (until I find another job) so if I'm welcome I will certainly come. Sounds like there will be a rather big turnup. :)

Bardiel

Smash Rookie
Hey, looks like you've got a nice little gathering of Australian smashers here.

I'm seriously thinkin about going to @M but i was just wonderin if you'd actually set anything in stone. I read the other topic and basically its just got a list of people coming. Have you got plane tickets or have you just penciled it in your diarys.

As i have said i would love to go but there are a few decisive factors that will make or break my plans.

Heres my details BladeMarth if you want to put them in the first post.

Bardiel

Name: Doug
Mains: Fox (but a dodgy one at that)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wow - this place rocks - I just stumbled upon it, and it seems alot of people from the Superfinal are here (I represented the sucky majority, Knox, lol).

I'm up for any Melee challenge as I'm dying for some competition - in Melbourne of course:

Name: David (CAO)
Mains: Falco (for the business end), Bowser (for screwing around).

Oh, and Jono, there were more than just FG people rootin for ya! You were clearly the best Melee player of those top 16 people!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Totally awesome. Great to see you reaching out for competitive smash. We are very excited to hear from you. Come on Monday. We'll teach you high level smash strategies .=p Well maybe start with the basics first! ^_~

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Jon, still waiting for bio.

Good to see about 4 new people arrive. Welcome all!

CATS

Smash Journeyman
directed at CAOTIC:
knox = the sucky majority? what land you living in?

knox was pretty badass cept for the fact he had to take controller2(the controller that wouldn't work) when competing :/

and it took forever to get through the whole of knox *_*

what did ya look like? i was also a knox superchallenge person? how did you go in those 2 on 2 team battles we had at knox that one time? were you able to beat those guys?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Haha - no, because I was Bowser, and I was being useless! (I stole a life - I'm so low, lol).

Knox did suck dude! Besides the fact we were so big, all of us bailed out by Melee's end. What about that host dude predicting a Knox 1st, 2nd, 3rd finish? A bit off, don't you say?

I look like an asian. Now you should know who I am, hehe.

Bardiel

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl
Bardiel - Diablos is dying for some competition, you should try to meet up with him, he plans to go to @M as well.
What do u think TDG? I'll be up for it in a couple of weeks or whenever you finish uni (assuming BM's first post is still correct). I cant at the moment though cause im in a transport slump but after that, anytime... except when im working... or sleeping... or eating... or doin somethin...

kupo

Smash Lord
I'm seriously thinkin about going to @M but i was just wonderin if you'd actually set anything in stone.
The venue hasn't been decided yet. For convinience sake, we don't wan't a ludacrously far location [Keilor/Eltham to Narre Warren] for P.Transporters. I'd like for it to be in the City since its the Center of all the suburbs, but rent costs are an issue and it's not for me to decide.

As for the date, 15th of Feb. Time-wise, ask CR.

As for now, the rules are:

4 stock, No items, Random 6 stage neutral levels, Slob Picks, Dave's Stupid Rule and 2/3.

Edit in Response to below:
You could've done it yourself Jon =/

Slob Picks: Loser Chooses stage.
There's a thread on DSR in the tourney room you silly goose.Here it is.

Ja ne

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
You probably should elaborate on SP and D'sSR Em. Plasia, you're invited, but get your butt down to Berwick on Monday. If you can. We didnt exclude you, but you are a fair way away. Thats why I didnt say anything. Come if you can.

Mic, I'm still waiting to see you on MSN man, coz you are like, never on! Then you can have the bios. Up-B to that? Well I think so too.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
OK everyone, i updates everyones info, including CATS' one character edit lol..

SO like today, i lpayed melee with 220man and some other friends and i axed them!!! but i didnt play my best coz i was sick...still am..
yeah, we played sc2 aswell, and i ***** with my Talim.

so yeah....

Hi to all u new people!:beezo:

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
YES!!! ADELAIDE GETS ANOTHER SMASHER!!! TAKE THAT TASMANIA!!!

Seriously, there are too many smashers in Melbourne. Their numbers have doubled since I came here. You Melbourne guys should move to other states, spread out a bit, you know? :p

Bardiel, my last exam is on the 25th, I can smash any time after that. As for @M, we can either drive, or take a bus/train/plane. The train is crap according to Zan, so we should cross that off the list of possibilities.

Top Bottom