• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Boy, there sure is a lot of posts that require concentration to read. :/ *skims over and decides nothing is worth a 2nd look, except for Falcon mentions* OOOooOOOOOooOOoOooOO! Mic! You know what it would be... Me wearing: Spandex, nipple studs, sexy sexy helmet, and a gun. Shaz wearing: Nuthing at all! (Ohh-KAY!) OOOooOOOO! YEHS!

Regarding a tournament, I dont see why we cant just have the one we planned and also have an open-public one aswell. 2 seperate tournies. If the piblic one goes well, we'll mention it on smashboards. If it doesnt, eh.. who cares. We'll probably find a good smasher or two.

Man, Shaz that joke you pulled, it was apPaulIng. You had to type appauled, but you got desperate. :p lol, choker! ;)

Oooh... superchallenge round 5 in 3 days. Melee again.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Man, Shaz that joke you pulled, it was apPaulIng. You had to type appauled, but you got desperate. lol, choker!
Don't speak so soon....you call that desperation? Just wait till Sunday third round of super challenge when I'm still only 3rd place..that's when I become desperate.
, how about everyone named Shannon Bethelot or that uses the screen name Cronos_Rainbow on SWF has to play wearing a spandex Captain Falcon uniform and get video taped and the video gets shared all over DC++? That would be good for the Australia image. Then we could dress up anyone by the name of Jonathan Pratt or the screen name Sabreant on SWF in a Ness uniform and Captain Falcon could up+B him!!! All caught on tape and all shared over DC++!!! Now thats a suggestion!!
Yeah, Jon the crowd has spoken...I am Falcon and you are Ness....Besides you look more like Ness than I doooOOooOOOOoOOOOoh *displays jealousy of Nessness*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Shutup Shaz! I've always been the Daddy in this relationship. Now, I can see how you being Ness isnt to your liking, so therefore, perhaps you are another daddy of equal or lesser sexiness. Thats fine by me. But I am not Nessy boi! Never have been. :p I would be willing to sign some papers that stipulate an alternation of the role however. Draft some up for us. ^_~

Thursday nextweek is a good time to visit people for smash. I'm looking at Shiko, Froddo and or Plasia. If not, then I'll just have to settle for the regular smash pounding. ^^

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
You've never been the main Daddy anywhere but your own mind....Come to think of it Dale you and I were the original dahddy's so anyone else is a Ness. The only way I'm Ness is in the matches because from trials you have about as much skill being the little boi vs dahddy as an inanimate carbon rod. So for that reason I am OhGay! Anyway, getting to the point if anyone comes NAKED it has to be Dale...why I dunno it's just funnier that way.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Omg I am tired. But I'll endeavour to bring you good buddies of mine the news about Nintendo's Superchallenge Round 5. Can you believe we got kicked out at like 10:40 or something, even when the started half an hour late at 9am??? Bizarre. Shortest session yet. But not the worst I assure you. ^_~ Results are as follows: (Melee)

- Heat 1 -
Shaz, 1st as Fox
Me, 1st as Samus
Em, 1st as Peach (Won with a Sudden Death matchup vs a Roy. A turnip sealed the match!)

- Heat 2 -
Shaz, 1st as Pichu!
Me, 1st as Ness!
Em, = 2nd as DADDY FALCON!

Lol, maaaaan, round 2 was just a joke round for us guys, but it turned out to be successful too =p Shaz's Pichu rocked the competition on Corneria with a very convincing spammage of Foward Smash, with a hint of other moves for flavour = OWNED! Just the right stage for Shaz w/ Pichu too, he said. Not too big, not too small, and a wing to hide out on. Then we had then joke round where Em and I were grouped in to the same match. So we decided to have some fun with it. She goes Dhaddy! And I went Nessy boi! Luckily we got a good stage, and FD saw us face against a Link, and a Ganondorf. I SWEAR, for more than half of the time we were playing that match, we were doing the Gay Buddies thing (Falcon and Ness side by side, taunting) LOL! XD It put the other two off a lot I think. Hehe, at one point, Link got Ganon off, and turned towards us going "Oh-GAY! // Show ya moves!" and an explosive capsule landed in front of me. So I chucked it at Link, scored a KO, and continued to Oh-KAY! with Daddy!!! ^^ Oh man..

Anyway, when the match finished, I heard Ness' victory music, and at very first, I was like.. O_o and then.... wow, I just pissed myself laughing. LOLOL the other two guys looked kinda dejected, but me and Em couldnt believe that Team Sexy pulled both 1st and 2nd place.... Boy oh boy.. I'll never forget that ^^

Oh yeah, and I won the limited edition GBA SP. Thanks to my F-Zero skills. I wont rave about it though. Its cool, and I won.

GO NESSY!!

CATS

Smash Journeyman
in the superchallenge this is how i went

1st round - 1st with Roy (the cheapness wins!)

2nd round - 2nd with pichu.. i had just fwd smashed all 3 players and they were off screen about to be KOed when the time ran out.. awwww :(

in my neighbour julians 2nd match he went against my brother and they both went luigi. They up Bed each other for the first 1:40 then fell back down and in the last 20 seconds owned the 2 other guys. julian came 1st

While we were playing melee these two absolute n00bs issued a challenge that they could beat ANYONE if they were doing a team battle and the dudes at knox thought it was an interesting idea, so with the time left we started a 2 person team battle where the winner stayed in to fight the next set of people with the rules set as 1.0 dmg, 3 stock, no items, random stage, friendly fire off. Myself and my other neighbour joe went on a team with me as peach and he was ganon... the two guys that issued the challenge got owned, they didn't even take a stock off of either of us, and considering that i'm nowhere near the best melee player it was funny how they thought they were unbeatable. We stayed doing that till the superchallenge ended just fighting teams of n00bs.

The top score for f-zero was set while we were doing the team battles and they had already packed up when we came out of the cinema. oh well, no limited edition GB SP for me *shrugs*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Lol, you guys are sooo ********. Must be something in the water. Send some over guys. CATS, what do you mean "The cheapness wins"? What, did you just keep using B?

EDIT: New sig....

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Nah, Zan it was in the 'Interactive Challenge' unit outside in the foyer, so we used wired controllers. No wavebird for me!! But yeah, its nice. The gameboy is all silver and has these, like black artistic sigil things, all over it and inside. (when you flip it open)

Glad you cam first also Cats, shame you didnt take out the SP though. That would have been nice. Anyway, I wish we hadda done something like that. Coz we got kicked out at like 10:40... I mean, they even started late, at around 9:00. Was weird, we had to wander around for a bit deciding what to do with ourselves. :/

Mic, he means that 1.5 dmg ratio makes Roy godly cheap. So, forward smash, up B, and even down smash, are all hardcore. Nice sig too. =p

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
*Bump* Second page...

Just a quick post for you melbournites.

In December, I'll get there on the 14th. Then for the next few days I should be in Melbourne, so maybe if your free one of those days? Or more than one? ^^

Cyas.

*Shows off sig again*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ah. I'd forgotten about 1.5x

*Shows off mannersim skillz*

*Doesmanymannerisms*

kupo

Smash Lord
Ryz: On the 17th, Jon and Shaz will be able to meet up with you. As for lil o' me, I'll be rocking to whoever's smashin'z place late due to work [looks like I'll be going back to the Choc. Factory = /].

Mic: LMFAO @ your sig.

HEL-LOW!

[/End Rant]

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
off topic, but how funny was it when an umbelical brother smashed **** out of that vase

can anyone outline what comps might be on for feb, (1x1, 2x2, obviously) but will there be a free for all or items on comp or anything else?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Yay, Prime Minister Howard, go on Rove!!!! Heh, good sig Mic, i did my part and sent an e-mail to good ol' jonnie. Maybe if we send Daddy Falcon to New Parliament House he will 'persuade' jonnie to go on??

Originally by kupo:
[looks like I'll be going back to the Choc. Factory = /].
Em's status has upgraded from 'bum' to 'oompa loompa'. Thats right, you know it, its a sterotype that maybe only i find funny.

Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
Ryan, Mic and co, do you think you will be able to come to my house same time as last time tomorrow (friday)?
Yeah, come on over, and bring (no pun intended) a BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!! its Josh's birthday tomorrow!!!(1st of October) gonna have a smashing good time.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
What a day! I went in to Channel 7 studios for at least 9 hrs today, and will probably be appearing in the upcoming episodes of Deal Or No Deal (5:30 ch7 duh). So yeah look out for me if you can. Mayb e I'll be in as soon as Mon/Tue depending on how quick editing goes. Theres a few daddy 'OoooOOOoooOOOoooOo's in the background, but the clause on the contract they made me sign pretty much infers that they can choose to take all Falcon references out and still have an incredibly sexy show without him. (HOW?!?! I do Not know!) Oh well. Look at block 4 if you do watch. I sat through 4 episodes, but didnt get to go up to play for money =( oh well, I'm easy to spot at least. Block 4 front row. On an end, next to a girl with a bright red jacket (not sure how it will look under studio lights however, so dont hold me to that). The camera is often angled towards me and my head may be in some shots!! Woohoo! Oh well. At very worst, you'll spot me in the audience 'sweep' done at the start of the show. I was kinda in line with the main camera and behind the contestant. You'll see if you watch. Enough of that, I cant believe i typed so much on it already.

As for afterwards, bah to that! I was gonna go play the SC2 tournament in Moonee Ponds, but then I figured I'd have to come home very late at night, on my own, with possible valuables if I had won/used Raphael. So screw that for an idea. I went to Fountain Gate! Yay! Treated myself to dinner and shopping! Hehe, Jonny Boy shouldn't be left alone with his debit card sometimes ^^ KA-CHING! Amongst what I splurged on was I put a copy of SH3 on hold at EB. So yeah, that was quite a find.

Now I'm home anyway, sippin tea and kickin back. Too bad I got work in the morning for 8 hrs. *grooooan* I wish work would pay me to sleep in sometimes, no wait, all the time. *whinge ***** whine ramble*

OOOOOOOOooooooOOOooOOOOooOOooOOoOOoOOOoOoOOOOOOooOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOoOOOOoooOooOoooooOoOOOOOooOO LiTTlE BoI!

*edit* Oh yeah. One more thing....

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Plasia
I was at the SCII tournament in Mooney Ponds.

I won.
Congratulations. Now you need to practice smash so you can own me in December/February. ^_^

OOOOOOOOooooooOOOooOOOOooOOooOOoOOoOOOoOoOOOOOOooOOooOO LiTTlE BoI!
I second that.

Yeah, come on over, and bring (no pun intended) a BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!
Sorry we didn't bring the birthday cake. I hope the three boxes of donughts were good enough. Thank Mic for them, cos I kinda didn't get Josh anything :(

Can't wait for december, I need some of that Falcon magic.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Yep time to practice smash

I am practicing smashies at every possible VS oppurtunity. I will try very hard to be at the Feb thing.

Of course I am going to get owned, even though I play Marth :), but I am hoping that instead of continually kicking my arse you guys will be nice and show me how things are done, what I am doing wrong, what I should have done etc...

For instance, I pretty much have wavedashing down, but I dont really know how to implement it so it is useful.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I LIKE BIG DADDY'S AND I CANNOT LIE!^OOOooOO

Hey, now I kinda wish I had gone to the Moonee Ponds thing. But bah, by the time I would have arrived, things would be half over anyway, seeing as Deal Or No Deal ran way overtime. So who cares. Plasia, if you dont make it to the February tournament then O_o .... I'll slap you! LOL, guys from all over Australia, including Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane and even a guy from Japan are coming to this thing. If you cant make your way across town then you deserve a beating! ^^

I pretty much have wavedashing down, but I dont really know how to implement it so it is useful.
Heh, thats the thing with wavedashing... its easy to do, but to work it into your game can take a looong time, depending on how you play.

?si siht eht ylno yaw ot epyt sdrawkcaB

*edit* oh by the way.. in case any of you want to see some mosaic art done by my mum, you can see it here:
http://www.haydenpratt.com/mosaic/
No-one has to go, but if you do, then make sure you sign her guestbook, cause she really gets a kick out of reading feedback on her work. Thanks if you do. ^^

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Hiya guys, sorry i havent posted in ages, although im sure i wasnt missed....heh

anyway, I went over to 220man's place this week on tue/wed and played various gamecube games with him...for a loooooooooooooong time. we played melee, soul calibur, and mario kart DD. to make a long story short, i renewed my gamecubing and melee skills, and abosolutely
AXED him in every game we played!!!!!! not to gloat, but....

In melee, he won 1 out of about 15 games, and that one game i lost because i was testing out Falco, and kept killing myself by using his Illusion thing off the stage lol! i even 7 stocked him in a 10 stock match, one of my best ever, although im sure u guys could kick my ***.

In soul calibur, i axed him too, although not as much as in melee...
He always uses Link and tries to throw projectiles and use cheap unblockable moves, but i just Guard impacted 40% of the moves he did, he got full angry and yelled out 'stop guard impacting!', and im like 0_0.

anyway, enough of me blabbing on about how good i am! :)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Daddy Falcon on Deal or no Deal?!?!!? Thats a must see!! (or not). Maybe you should tape it and for no reason what so ever except to waste time we should digitise it and put it on DC++. Anyway, tape it and if one of us misses it for whatever reason, we can watch it when we come over in Feb!!! I hope you OOOOOooooOOOoooooOOooooOO'ed loud enough, but you always do when thinking about little boys.

Originally by rmusgrave:
I hope the three boxes of donughts were good enough. Thank Mic for them, cos I kinda didn't get Josh anything
Hahahaha, hahahaha AHAHAHAA (dies of laughter). We left those donuts out over night and when we woke up they were all festy and ultimatly disgusting. The jokes we made about them were more than worth any birthday cake. Thanks a ton mic. Ryan, you did get Josh something, the Solo drink that he didnt get (me and kenton drank it all). :D

Originally by Sabreant:
?si siht eht ylno yaw ot epyt sdrawkcaB
Backwards type to way only the this is? What the ****? That makes no friggin sense what so ever.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Backwards type to way only the this is? What the ****? That makes no friggin sense what so ever.
Mat...

Is this the only way to type backwards?

Hahahaha, hahahaha AHAHAHAA (dies of laughter). We left those donuts out over night and when we woke up they were all festy and ultimatly disgusting. The jokes we made about them were more than worth any birthday cake. Thanks a ton mic. Ryan, you did get Josh something, the Solo drink that he didnt get (me and kenton drank it all).
Lol, cool. I knew I should've eaten more of them.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
don't worry, the donuts are fine, they didn't go festy (?) and ultimately disgusting, they are in the fridge. But some of the dinosaurs were hideously deformed.

Also is everyone from perth, that includes mat, kenton, mic and ryan pretty definite on going to melbourne?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
Also is everyone from perth, that includes mat, kenton, mic and ryan pretty definite on going to melbourne?
hmmm, *checks savings*. Yep, the $500 is in there!!! Thats to buy the plane tickets and ill try to raise some more money by getting a job after leavers.

Why do you ask????

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Count me in! $245 down, uh....more to go.

:/ Matt, your dino-donut jokes......*Doesmannerism*

The date sounds good.

BTW, since we're getting people from all around, I'm concidering sending a letter/e-mail to Hyper to ask if they could mention it. Assuming we have a n00b round. Because if they hear that people from around Oz, and the Japanese/
US champion is coming.....

I missed yesterdays but I'll look for today.

Nah...No deal.:D

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
We got wireless internet installed today. Its quite a lot faster than before, however dc++ is showing no improvements in dl speed. How frustrating.

Anyway, I was at the studio the day that yesterdays episode of Deal Or No Deal was shot, so llok for me today! I swear, I'll be there. Tune in at 5:30 Ch7, whereever you are, and look a the front row of block 4, right side, next to a girl with a red jacket. You'll see me!! ^^

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
dates sound dandy to me, the Melbourne BigDayOut in on the 30th of January so theres a good chance i'll be in town from then till the end of the tourney.

And i uploaded the first poster ive done, its nothing special since lately ive encountered some "unexpected complications" and havnt had much spare time but the pic is here still working on that Master hand one, i think im gonna go with Uncle Sam Kirby as the face... because i dont know...

the Japanese/US champion is coming.....
and forgive my n00bness but who is that exactly? CJ?

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Kaydash
And i uploaded the first poster ive done, its nothing special since lately ive encountered some "unexpected complications" and havnt had much spare time but the pic is here still working on that Master hand one, i think im gonna go with Uncle Sam Kirby as the face... because i dont know...

and forgive my n00bness but who is that exactly? CJ?
NICE!!! Although Fox and Ness looks out of place and there needs to be something in the background.

CJ (Captain Jack) is the second/third best smasher in Japan.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I missed Deal, sorry Jon.:(

Nice pic, but ditch the blue backround. If you're gonna print them out, it'll waste a LOT of ink.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Whoa whoa whoa, kaydash, the poster looks great. A few things i would change are:
1) link, bowser and mario are in the poster twice. Maybe a bit more character variety?
2) ness and fox do look out of place
3) i dont like the background, thats just me. I dont think it will look every eye catching when printed out. Blue tends to calm people down, not catch their eye.

Apart from that, it looks good.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
omgwtf i haven't posted in here since forever!

bleh, artist in me kicked in looking at the poster ^^;;

blue background looks nice, but it'll be **** on ink costs and take forever for most home printers to deal with, best to just design around a white background unless you have some extra money to burn. i'm with mat on ness and fox, they just look... wierd just being half there. better to drop them out completely or find full body shots of them and set them into the sprawl below.

and from a pure balance perspective, the "captioned" images up top don't help make the thing as a whole look good. if you were to keep them, it'd be best to drop the mariovbowser one and get another single character one facing to the middle, then do a mirror image of yoshi, so he's also facing the middle. it'll make everything look more focused, overall.

and i can see where you were going with the banner up top (the words and ssbm logo) but it also deteriorates balance. your best bet would be to drop the logo out and just go with "Think you got skills?" and set those words around the middle of the page and maybe set the logo below them or in a separate layer behind them or just drop it out and leave the words as is.

god ****, i'm a long winded one. bear in mind, this is all just artistic instinct and striving for balance, which it seems you're aiming for with the way you lined the characters and "caption images" up. and, really, try to work with a white background, it'll save you some money : p

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the feedback, i had already gotten rid of the Fox and Ness head shots earlier this morning and i replaced them with pretty much exactly what CORY suggested, i agree with the blue background thing too, and also the other character thing is for sure, actually pretty much everything mentioned i will apply to it tonight, cheers again for the feedback.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
That poster looks cool as Kaydash. Good work, especially for a quick job. I would swap the 'got' with the Melee logo if it were to remain on the same line. See if you can comfortably squeeze some more characters in there too. That would be nice. I'm off to watch the Simpsons now. YEHS!

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
I like the poster, but i agree the background is kinda tacky. I like how Ganondorf and his sword are like directly in the middle. Whats the poster advertising again? i forgot...
Also, im probably wrong, but dont you think you should put in writing like down the bottom what youre advertising? Like, how are people like gonna know what its for, besides somethin about melee? But i uunderstand that its just a quick job/draft/watever. meh, Just a bad suggestion from me....sorry for criticising! I love the pictures and stuff though!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I'm not sure about the date guys...havent spoken to CJ in a few days. Last I heard from him he wanted him, his euro buddy and myself to talk about dates and so on for his trips. If any of you know more update me!

Poster: The blue is a choker...it ruins the pics.....and the text...shadow it or something. Gdorf is only a choker...nothing more.

As for the purpose of the poster..for the time being I'm not evensure we will have the time or money to have an open invite. It's looking for the moment like an invite/interest only tourny. If people care enough about melee they'll use the net to get in touch with people, plus word of mouth etc. I'll make posts on gamefaqs and such soon to track down serious players.

Oh yeah, and Jon is a Falcon puncher...and ...wait, is that...pie?
OoooOOOOooOh!

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
As for the purpose of the poster..for the time being I'm not evensure we will have the time or money to have an open invite.
thats not a problem, the posters idea was just something for myself and anyone else who wanted to try and get a local smash community formed , thats why i didnt include the Smash Boards URL, if i had that intension, believe me i would have gotten someone with some real photo editing skillz to make them. =P
i dont intend of doing anything onbehalf of the entire aus smash community unless its

1, actually very good
2, been approved by everyone.

but thanks again for more feedback.

edit:here is a tottally re-done poster minus the blue background and plus different characters, there arent any screen shots on this one but im making one with just screen shots that hopefully i'll have done by the weekend.this is the same pic but wider so that it fits an A4 piece of paper snug. (forgot to set the dimensions when i started >.< )

ps, ****ing channel ten was having a spaz while the NEW simpsons was on, like at least once or twice a minute the picute would go and the sound scramble for a few seconds, and it seemed like a good episode, freakin TV stations. X{

Top Bottom