• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
LOL! FJSWAS is a good idea! Why didnt I think of that..? ^^ Well it needs updating, these profile pics are old. That number plate was pretty neat hey? Cant believe it.

ill have to drop my IQ by a few hundred points
How does IQ work in the negative scale? :p

*edit* Man, can you believe the Leader Board has still not been updated? Its almost 2 weeks as of right now. Tomorrow is F-Zero for heavens sake! Round 4 will be through before Round 3's results are even displayed!

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
HIya, sorry for not posting for ages, cant be botherd quoting.....

yeah, my RPG screw up thing, its real wierd. We go on smashboards at school, on diferent computers, so i dont think the cookies could get screwed that way....its a bit better now, i think that i just had to give the stats and RPG centre thing some time to load, its all better, for now. and when i said feeding 220man, i meant letting him **** me...( ****, of course meaning...kill)

God bless that banner making guy Jamo, i see musgrave has resorted to him....

What mod avavtars are u talking about? i cant be botherd going to see... can someone post one of them ..heheh its not my fault im lazy, 1 week til school holidays :p ;)

And, nah, i dont need any gil loans, unless, where you come from, loan means give-to-keep-and-never-have-to-payback,...sure , why not...

I hope posting here doesnt slow because most of us are using msn now...meh.

-BM

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
It's almost holidays (1 week to go).

I'm up for some Multiple Plasia Smashing on just about any day in the holidays except the first Thursday, **** trial exam.

I'd really like to play some of you guys, you can never be good by playing against CPU and it'll be fun VSing people that dont have trouble killing me once.

So, anyone who lives near me, let's do something!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hmmm since no-one lives near you. no! :p Only joking. But seriously, we'll come maybe once on the holidays, but thats it. Unless of course your worth coming back for, in which case, you can haul your butt over out this way instead anyway! ^^

Well we had Round 4 of the Superchallenge today, it proved quite successful for all of us, each getting at least one 1st placing. I think it went a little something like this:

Heat 1
Me 1st
Em 1st
Shaz 1st

Heat 2
Me 1st
Em 2nd
Shaz (Shaz was out in the foyer = 4th>) :p

Bonus round (for movie ticket prize)
Me, Em and Shaz all 1st in the first qualifying heat, then after that, Shaz got a 2nd, dropping out, and Em was put into the second heat with me and two others. I came 1st, and then progressed to the final heat and took it out, and won the movie ticket prize. In this style of elim. only winners move on.

Heat 3
Me 1st
Em 1st
Shaz 2nd

So yeah, we had a good time and the day was quite fun. I got meself a respectable 6 wins. Pretty pleased with that. In two weeks time, F-Zero will be the interactive challenge out in the foyer of the cinema. This means Jonno's getting a gameboy SP in about two weeks ^_~

We also went back to Shaz's house with some guys who thought they could take us at smash. Lol, was funny watching them die. Em was complimented a lot on her liquid Falco skills, even earning herself an "Overwhelming" comment. ^^ Yeah, they couldnt take the pace in 1vs1 and werent much better in FFA, but then again, FFA is anyones game.. as the Superchallenge has shown us... :rolleyes: What a shame Shaz decided to end the visit on a sour note. Talk to you Monday Shaz.

*edit* Done and done. No hard feelings I guess :rolleyes:

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Sabreant:
Heat 1
Me 1st
Em 1st
Shaz 1st

Heat 2
Me 1st
Em 2nd
Shaz (Shaz was out in the foyer = 4th>)
Well done guys, glad to see the melbourne contingent kicking n00b @$$ over there. Hope to see one of you claim the Grand Prize.

So yeah, we had a good time and the day was quite fun. I got meself a respectable 6 wins. Pretty pleased with that. In two weeks time, F-Zero will be the interactive challenge out in the foyer of the cinema. This means Jonno's getting a gameboy SP in about two weeks ^_~
**** you jon!! Oh well, at least your being rewarded for your extremely good F-Zero skills. Is this super challenge thing for all games? If so, why hasnt em got her SP yet?? And shaz .... errrr...... could win the uh...... Good on you shaz ........ yeah.

We also went back to Shaz's house with some guys who thought they could take us at smash. Lol, was funny watching them die.
lol, eliminate the weakness and only the strong shall survive.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
u didnt answer my question :S hehe i wanna battle some1 in the RPG!?!?!??! anyone wanna fight?? u'll win easily! im think im gonna give up on the RPG thing, getting gil is too hard, and finding attles is annoying, plus thers no real benfit from it....

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
how come i dont get any RPG money when i post? i thought u got 1 gil for every post. oh well

im at school atm, and that link is 'forbidden' (dont work) :S

thx anyway

EDIT: dont worry, i just figured outt that u dont get money for poting in forum games......its all fixed now, excpet for the wierd thing that makes me keep logging in as 220man and vice versa

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You can't post in Battle results.

Go Easterners! Beat those n00bs! Win those Sp's! **** that Falcon! YEHS!

My iq = -738.
OOooooOOOoooOOoooOO!

Jon and Em

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
my weekend was, to be blunt, blurrly, plently of early hours smash bros and alot of other things that this forum dont really relate to... none the less, Im at work monday... sneaking in naps under desks when no bodies around... mondays should be illegal.

a few posters should be done by the end of this week. In regards to some concerns about n00bsters staining tourneys, its your call to use or not use said posters, when i first thought about it my original intension was to get some local interest so i could get some competition while im not at a (insert aus tourny name here)

if the community would prefere posters dont have to contain the smash boards forum url, instead just local contact info, this could be the first stage of n00b filtering. n00bs cant screw up what they dont know about.

look at the monkey, look at the silly little monkey~!

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
just info about local smash nights and details on how to get involved if your interested.

the batch after this first lot are going to be propaganda themed XD (still working on that Master Hand wants you!)

"Join Fox as he defends the universe from the threat of lameism! Enlist now!"

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I've been inactive recently so I thought I'd tell you what I've been up to. I've given up my net at home in attemts to get some study done, but I'm also spending copious ammounts of time organising a gaming club type thing here at latrobe, to get the social scene happening a bit. I'm still checking every now and then to see what you guys are up to and I'll come along to anything that is not too out of the way for me.... even if it's just to see you guys. I'm not really up to the standard of competition so I can't really take it seriously atm, maybe during the summer hols when I have time to practise.

I'll keep you updated on whats going on out here, and point people in smashboards direction if I find talent.

ja, ne
Zan

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
hi, zan, u having posted in a while ,...why does that sound familiar..anyway... u dont suppose i could have that internet time that u gave up?? lol..

Make sure u scan one of them posters and post it here, ok?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Wow, what a load of spammerific spam.

Perth people, what is happening with Beezleej (sp?) and his crew at UWA? The melbourne clan is expanding rapidly and we need to catch up!!

Calvo

Smash Rookie
Kaygen, keep me updated with the qld side of things, I wouldn't want to miss a chance to smash because I couldn't find one of your patriotic posters anywhere:)

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
sorry,itsjust that some peoples pm box is full, and i get tired of typing a pm then getting told that thier box is full. Also, its really weird how on the bottom of the home page, it says that these ppl are available for battle now, but when you challnege them, they never answer or anre't available...:S

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Perth people, what is happening with Beezleej (sp?) and his crew at UWA? The melbourne clan is expanding rapidly and we need to catch up!!
Um, if you're that desperate to expand our smash community, his email is beesleaj@hotmail.com (or beasleej). Or even if it's not, you can email him through his account here (spelt the same as the email, but without the @hotmail.com obviously)

Calvo, when are you getting to Western Australia? I'm not sure if you've PMd Quetza yet or not, I'm just wondering if we'll be able to have a tourney while you're here. The only problem might be that Quetza and crew are approaching their exams, so we may need to postpone at some point :confused:

And Blademarth: You're posting too much :p

OOooOOooooOOOooOOO!

Calvo

Smash Rookie
I'll be in kalgoorlie from the end of november until the end of february, however I'm not sure when my bosses want me to work though, I might end up only getting every second weekend off

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Can everyone please stop spamming in this thread. It gets really frustrating to see that there are new replies in this thread, only to find them to be 1 liners or pointless crap and excessive quoting, we have msn for chit chat, just post the relevant stuff here please. Especially with the amount of people that post here now, we were running at a page a day at one point.

Anyway, with regards to the cory vids, someone at our school has damaged some of the computers and because of that, no one is allowed do be in the computer labs without a teacher, and with the amount of time we need for something that is not relevant to school. I think we will have a hard time doing them at school (not to forget the exams coming up, assignments, homework etc). So we might have to buy our own equipment to work with (inevitable, but earlier than we anticipated).

How about FTS3 being on October the 3rd? (Sunday), we'll give beaslej plenty of warning for this one and hopefully we can get the second tv in a better position this time.

Feb tourney money matches suggestions, just say if you accept:
me (peach) vs em (whoever) $30
me (peach) vs shaz (whoever) $30
me (peach) vs jon (whoever) $30
me (marth) vs cella (marth) $10
me (zelda) vs em (jigglypuff/roy) $10
me (peach) vs CATS (peach) $10

Thanks

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about FTS3 being on October the 3rd? (Sunday), we'll give beaslej plenty of warning for this one and hopefully we can get the second tv in a better position this time.

Heh, I had to see what that spoiler thing did, so I used it instead of the quote. Sorry.

Um, something about that date reminds me of something, which is worrying. Meh, if you schedule the tournament for that day, I'll make it... or else...

Feb tourney money matches suggestions, just say if you accept:
Hmm, I'm not big on betting my money away on a match which relies on me NOT choking, but I'll do at least one money match with each person if they want it.

However, since I know I'll beat Shaz, I'll be glad to take his money :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Hehehe

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Money matches:

Big dahddy ditto: Me vs Jon = $25
Zelda ditto = Me vs Whoever = $15
Falco ditto = Me vs Em = $30
Falco (me) vs Marth (maricela) = $20
Falco (me) vs Samus (jon) = $20
Falco (me) vs Fox (shaz) = $20

Those are my suggested matches. Any other takers?

kupo

Smash Lord
Yeah, take all of your one-liners to msn. At least post something relevant to the smash scene. ****, if you don't have anything to contribute, don't post. It's as simple as that.

Money Matches ahoy [If any of you's got any Naruto stuff, be sure to have a match with me. I'll put up $50 =) ].

Ryz man, you said you'd money match me!

So far my matches are:
Quez [Peach] Vs [Falco] $30
Quez [Zelda] Vs [Jiggs/Roy] $20
Quez [Peach] Vs [Marth] $20
Kent [Sheik] Vs [Peach] $20
Sheik Ditto [C'mon...] $20
Shaz [Fox] Vs [Fox] $30
Gannon Dittos [Mat and Jon] $20
Falcon Ditto $20

Edit: Hoi Zan. Keep us updated on whens the next Manifest!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
By Josh
me (peach) vs jon (whoever) $30
Challenge accepted

By Mat
Big dahddy ditto: Me vs Jon = $25
Falco (me) vs Samus (jon) = $20
Challenges accepted

By Em
Falcon Ditto $20
Challenge accepted

I challenge anyone and everyone to Falcon and Ganon dittos. Also Samus, if anyone wants. DK too. Dont mind about the price, must be at least $5 though.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo
Edit: Hoi Zan. Keep us updated on whens the next Manifest!
ROFL

The current committee would turn in their respective graves if they heard that, we are way too understaffed.

Here is the Manifest update anyway: Not til the proximity of August next year!

btw, if any of you Perth guys are interested, an anime convention called WAicon (or PANIC now I believe) is being organised, and it may be worth your while to investigate helping out with the organisation of games and so forth. :)

ROFL at money matches. The poor Perth people are gonna arrive broke just from getting over here.

btw, it's 3am so obviously I have my net access back. lol.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
I challenge anyone and everyone to Falcon and Ganon dittos. Also Samus, if anyone wants.
I'll have a lash at your Samus for $15

And i'll take on anyone (who wants a free $15) in a Link, Bowser or G&W ditto.

And can i request a Bowser Vs anyone, Lightning Melee Money Match for $20?

Pandemonium

Smash Rookie
Uh... Sorry that I couldn't organize that tourney awhile back. If there is anyone in Sydney who is looking to verse some new semi-good players either email me or call me on 0423199744, most weekends are good.

Yes, I am an idiot.:crazy:

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Deciding on money matches already? The tourney is still more than 4 months away. $20 says we'll end up deciding on the money matches on the day of the tourney. :rolleyes:

Oh and I might be able to supply some of the equipment for February. What do we need?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Money match vs Mat.....yeah i'll take your money.
Money match vs Ryan *pats Foxs head and thinks of inf. drill shine* yeah i'll take yours too.
Money match vs Em...yeah that'll be a cool sudden death loss.
Money match vs Josh....yeah you can have Mats money.
Money match vs Jon...yeah, I'll beat your Samus.
Money match vs Kaydash...yeah you can get pwned. I play a goodish Bowserish.
Money match vs Mic....ah man, I'm trying to make money not lose it!!!
I can't quote on a stupid Mac!!!
TDG I'm not sure....TV perhaps. Maybe more GC would be better.
Either way everyone bring your own controls.
Pandemonium, come to melbourne ok?

Everyone watch Ryan change his mind on money matching me come Dec when he gets his butt handed to him.
That is all.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Kaydash, I'll gladly vs your bowser, unless you meant a bowser ditto in which case I run away. I'll vs your link though.
Em, I'll consider money matching your Falco if I can get more practise. OOH! And $50 bucks for a Falco Ditto Mattttttttttt! Nah....I'm not going to risk 50 bucks. I don't wana choke......
And 2 important things.
1. Jon, where are those Bios?
2. Em, Please tell me YOU HAVE TRIED THOSE MAPS!?!?!?!

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Hi, Pandemonium, i dont think ive seen you post here before, but the others seem to know you...hi anyway!

How come yo guys are betting on winning matches? i bet someones gonna go home crying with an empty wallet. lol.
Although, the mtivation of wining or losing money is sure to make you play better!

heh, maybe i should to that with 220man....:qblock:

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ryz man, you said you'd money match me!
Yes, I will. As I said last post, I'll do at least one money match with every person that wants one. Then we'll see how much money I have left after, and go from there. :)

Ok, money matches for me if you guys want:

Falco Ditto (vs Em) *Worst Falco*
Yoshi (Me) vs Em (Falco)
Yoshi (Me) vs Shaz (Fox)
Yoshi (Me) vs Jon (DK or Samus)
Yoshi (Me) vs Cella (Marth)

*Realises the brackets are the wrong way around*

Meh. If you guys want more money matches with me, you propose them. And as for amounts for the above, Min $5 to Max $20 will be fine with me, your choice.

2. Em, Please tell me YOU HAVE TRIED THOSE MAPS!?!?!?!
One of her friends is playing them now. Apparently s/he says it's good.

btw, if any of you Perth guys are interested, an anime convention called WAicon (or PANIC now I believe) is being organised, and it may be worth your while to investigate helping out with the organisation of games and so forth.
How can we find out more???

Oh, and Kaydash, I wouldn't mind taking you up on those dittos. I don't mind those characters.

kupo

Smash Lord
Zan, I can help out on the day of Manifest or any gaming festival. Sure as ****, I'm gonna try my ****est not to miss out on any of those events. Work/School can go down the drain. XD

Kaydee, I'll take your Boswer with my GnW/Pichu. $20.
I'll take on your GnW ditto challenge.

Mic, sorry man. I haven't tried out the maps, yet [I don't own the game]. You can strangle me when you get here if I still haven't played the maps. Oh, if you have Quake 3 Custom Maps you made, I'll sure as **** try them as soon as you send them here or put them up on the net > =].
As for Falco dittoes, go for it Mic. I'm up for it ^^.

I r happy.

*doesmannerism*

Top Bottom