• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo
Zan, I can help out on the day of Manifest or any gaming festival. Sure as ****, I'm gonna try my ****est not to miss out on any of those events. Work/School can go down the drain. XD
Sounds good. With Manifest though, I doubt I will be coordinating games next year, although I will probably still be heavily involved in it.

As far as a gaming festival goes, the idea is there, but there is A LOT of things that need to happen before this can be attempted.

People are playing custom Q3 maps? Cool.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Money Match Summary: Updated 16/09

I just thought I'd construct a post that you can all use to keep track of what bets are going where, since Diablos has already wagered money that no-one will remember, I want to claim his $20 in this regard. ^^ Here they are, of what I know: (post if i've missed any)

Jon
Josh - Peach vs my Samus: $30
Mat - Ganon ditto: $25
Mat - Falco vs my Samus: $20
Em - Falcon ditto: $20
Kaydash - ? vs my Samus $15
Ryan - Yoshi vs my DK/Samus $5-20
Shaz - is a fffffff-hag! $100,000,000^85

Em
Josh - Peach vs her Falco: $30
Josh - Zelda vs her Jiggs/Roy: $20
Josh - Peach vs her Marth: $20
Kenton - Sheik vs her Peach: $20
Kenton - Sheik ditto: $20
Shaz - Fox vs her Fox: $30
Jon - Falcon ditto: $20
Ryan - Yoshi vs her Falco: $5-20
Ryan - Falco ditto: $5-20
Kaydash - Bowser vs her G&W/Pichu: $20
Kaydash - G&W ditto: $15

*~*Emz0rz m0n3y5 m4tch R0oL$*~*
[4 stock, Random - Neutral Levels (3), 2/3 and 7mins.]

Josh
Em - Whoever vs his Peach: $30
Em - Jigglypuff/Roy vs his Zelda: $10
Shaz - Whoever vs his Peach: $30
Jon - Whoever vs his Peach: $30
Cella - Marth ditto: $10
CATS - Peach ditto: $10

I got this far, and its really annoying to convert everyones babble into format. Nuts ta dis. *copy paste, copy paste*

Mat
Jon - Ganondorf ditto: $25
Jon - Samus vs his Falco: $20
Shaz - Fox vs his Falco: $20
Em - Falco ditto: $30 *editors note* XD
Cella - Marth vs his Falco: $20
Whoever - Zelda ditto: $15

Ryan
Em - Falco Ditto: $5-20
Em - Falco vs his Yoshi: $5-20
Shaz - Fox vs his Yoshi: $5-20
Jon - DK/Samus vs his Yoshi: $5-20
Cella - Marth vs his Yoshi: $5-20

Shaz
I'm Mr. Burns... blah blah blah!

Thats it! I'm outta here.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Whoa man you guys think I'm made of money!
Jon, wanna do a money match your Falcon vs my Ness, but we don't fork over, others bet on it?
Characters of mine that are up to scratch ATM; Fox,Doc, Ness, Falco, Bowser.
Characters of mine that still need some attention to detail: Marth, Roy.
Characters in the pipeline waiting there chance to be played: Falcon, Pikachu, Yoshi, Gdorf.
Characters I'll likely never be good at: Peach, IC's, Luigi, Sheik.
Shaz - is a fffffff-hag! $100,000,000^85
Holy fhag! I'll never have that kinda money! Lucky I'll win then aren't I? What match is it my Gdorf vs your Samus? I'll prob get slaughtered!

*fingers together* Eeeexcellent!
Shaz - Fox vs her Fox: $30
With an 85% chance of victory I like this match-up :)
Shaz - Whoever vs his Peach: $30
My Mewtwo, he's going down! Nah, maybe Falcon, I think Josh shuld at least have a chance! :p
Falco (me) vs Fox (shaz) = $20
My speed will be more than enough to counter his ownership of Fox, so that's fine.
Yoshi (Me) vs Shaz (Fox)
I'm vsing Yoshi in a money match while he's unsing Jon as a character, and Ryan is paying up if he loses?:crazy:
Money Matches ahoy [If any of you's got any Naruto stuff, be sure to have a match with me. I'll put up $50 =) ].
Huh? I'm willing to bet I know less about Naruto than you do!
Sounds good. With Manifest though, I doubt I will be coordinating games next year, although I will probably still be heavily involved in it.
Yeah, I'll put $20 on that aswell.
OOH! And $50 bucks for a Falco Ditto Mattttttttttt! Nah....I'm not going to risk 50 bucks.
First of all it's not really a risk if there's no chance of losing. Second of all I'm sure some people would pay you a few bucks just to see that match lol. (Don't hold me to it)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
I would like to bring this thread to everyones attention: this thread I just thought everyone should see it and if you feel like posting : i vote for ness that is completely your desicion and i am in no way shape or form pressuring you to do anything at all. It is entirely your descion on what you do and i am not responsible for any of your actions.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
ryan and co, on friday kenton and bryce won't be able to come to our gaming session again, so would you like to come and play smash? (about 5.30ish to whenever)
Bah! I can't make it. Considering today is thursday and I'm sitting at home being owned by a cold I've had for about 3 - 4 weeks, I shouldn't be going out of my way to spread this cold throughout your school. Next time maybe? :(

Bwahaha! I need more practise...

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Kaydash - ? vs my Samus $15
Oopsy, I'll take your Samus with Mister Gaaaaaame and Watch
How does a Samus ditto aswell sound? ($15)

And Ryan, are we on for a Link, Bowser and G&W ditto? If your up for all 3, then i'll say $10 ea but if you'd prefere to only play 1 or 2 (your choice) we'll make it $20/1, $15/2?

And I believe im taking on Shaz in a Bowser ditto. hazah!

And, out of left field, anyone want to have a puffball match? (Kirby or JigglyJuff $15) Either player can be either character.

hey hey im a monkey.... ****... im a monkey... help?

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, sorry I havent posted in a while, our phoneline wasnt working. Mat, your sig is pretty cool, Although I see right through it cos' I use Flash too. Blademarths sig is pretty awesome as well.

Anyway money matches.

Kupo: Ill be glad to do a shiek ditto and shiek versus peach. How about we up the shiek/peach match to $30. Ill vs you in a falco ditto too, if you want. Oh, and I hope you realise that your peach/falco match with Josh is stupid because youll just get chain grabbed and you cant get out of it. Ask mat, he knows.

Jon: Youre having a C.Falcon ditto with Mat? hmmm, how can I put this without being bigheaded.....um...you should verse the BETTER C. Falcon player. Ill falcon ditto you and Ill vs your samus with my shiek as well if you want. Oh, and IC's versus your C.falcon. Probably looking at $10-30. Oh yeah, I reckon we have a match for your SUPER METROID GAME CARTRIDGE!. c'mon, if you win, I give you $40.

Shaz: Ill verse your fox with shiek and IC's(maybe peach too). Id also enjoy a ness ditto. Probably looking at $10-30

Kaydash: I dont know whether youre coming or not but I'll game'n'watch and bowser ditto you. Shiek ditto if you want.

Note these are just rough sketches and most will be finalised at the last minute. Man, Id better start saving.
You know what the funny thing about money matches is? Its that some stupid sod loses all his money because he thought he could win.(It better not be me!:crazy: )

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Heh, I'm splitting my bets into ones I think I can win, and ones I feel obliged to participate in. :p Hope I dont go broke either. ^^ Oh, and thats not a Captain Falcon ditto, its a Ganondorf one. BIG Daddy is Ganon, Daddy is Falcon. (Oh and just in case, Nessy boi, is Ness ^_~)

So basically, you want to vs my Falcon, confident you'll win, use the cheapest character in the game (use well, but its still cheap) against my main, and then try to cchar me by vsing my daddy with Ice Climbers? Big man. :p I'll consider them, but I dont know if I like your tone, what's this guy got up his sleeve? O_o

And wgggghat? A match for my SNES Metroid? Uh-uh buster. Go and find your own **** relic! :D

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by The Stitchface:
Mat, your sig is pretty cool, Although I see right through it cos' I use Flash too
lol, no duh. The reason i used Flash is because Flash can make anything look good and its easy to use. Even for a Flash picture it doesnt look too bad.

Youre having a C.Falcon ditto with Mat? hmmm, how can I put this without being bigheaded.....um...you should verse the BETTER C. Falcon player.
lol, nice attempt at not being bigheaded, but how can i put this?? YOU FAILED MISERABLY!! I dont doubt that you have a better Falcon than me.

You know what the funny thing about money matches is? Its that some stupid sod loses all his money because he thought he could win.(It better not be me! )
Sod? how old are you now? 60? someone is going to become very rich from these matches *looks at josh and em*

Originally by Sabreant:
And wgggghat? A match for my SNES Metroid? Uh-uh buster. Go and find your own **** relic!
You have that game!!! Wow, you suddenly became so much cooler. Kenton would kill for that game, well, he would kill Bryn for it. Actually, i would kill Bryn for it. I would kill Bryn for $5, im pretty sure josh would as well......

kupo

Smash Lord
Kj, I'll leave the Sheik/Peach match as it is. I'm not that confident with Peach. But I'll gladly raise the Sheik Dittoes to $30.

Nobody's got Naruto stuff they wanna bet on? I'm sad.

Uh huh, Jon, edit/update your post.

*~*Emz0rz m0n3y5 m4tch R0oL$*~*
[4 stock, Random - Neutral Levels (3), 2/3 and 7mins.]

If you don't like Em'z Rules, talk via MSN.

K thnx minna!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I actually completed that match list properly. Remember, pg 91 on this thread. (One back) and there is already a fair bit of overlap with people, so not everyone is there. If you have added conditions to your match, post them and I'll add if I see it. Shaz you quotable, quoting fhag. OOOOOooOOOOOooOoOoOoOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Kupo I have a Naruto wallscroll I don't really want anymore. You can have it for $15 if you like. It has the standard 4 characters (Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi) in various poses.

lol, I'd bet it, but obviously thats giving it away, unless you can think of something REALLY silly.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
someone is going to become very rich from these matches *looks at josh and em*
LOL! No matter what I do noone takes me seriously. Let's look at things here and find out why shall we?
[POSITIVES]
OK, I won all the 'grudge matches' vs Josh when we were there, suggesting I'm good. I beat Ems mains with my Falco, also suggesting I'm good. I play every character except Sheik, which I think suggests I'm good. I pitted Mat like the biatch he is, which gains me fans for shutting his big headed game down. My Fox beats Ems, which is one of her mains, which too suggests I'm good. I play anyones mains with them and put up a good fight...yes even Sheik I do alright despite not playing Sheik, this too suggests I'm good. I've always to date moved along the furthest in the Doc to Roy challenge thingymabobs you guys suggested to us before we stop and do something else, this suggests I'm good.
[NEGATIVES]
OK now what's against me....DK64 stage and Kirbys dream fhag 64 own me like the dickens....this suggests I'm a bad choker. I lost that Fox vs Falco to Em in that e2 tourny in a frickin sudden death vs my counter character. I never get misfires or 9's. I only pull smiley turnips. Emilys control is gay and I get owned by her at her place. Ryan keeps telling everyone he'll own me and people believe it. Mat the same. Mic is cool for beating Mat...sorry just thought I'd remind everyone.
Yeah, yeah, I see your point everyone.....that negative list pwns me! That's right, just keep challenging my mains...I like it that way :)
Just because I don't chain and the like doesn't mean I'm no good.....That's it I'm making a name for myself now, I've had enough of being the nice guy who lets you recover just to be chain whored to death! Next time we vs there shall be no mercy....just don't take it seriously, it doesn't I hate anyone....just Mat :p lol, kidding.
Shaz you quotable, quoting fhag. OOOOOooOOOOOooOoOoOoOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Ahh Jon....you sexy and dangerous fhag! You ganna challenge me for the DK title back yet!? Man do you even care about it? If you don't any more tell me and I'll try get the Falcon from you!

Em, my Marth, Roy, Fox and Ness are ready if you wanna take them on.
Oh yeah and Jon I can cancel Gdorfs Dair with precision...sometimes (**** light shielders) Shut up Jon I'm ringing you to come play smash if you've recovered enough and are home/up to it.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Kaydash: I dont know whether youre coming or not but I'll game'n'watch and bowser ditto you. Shiek ditto if you want.
I will be hanging around like a bad smell, believe me. And Im not the greatest with Shiek at the moment but i'll train her good just for that. you're on.

Im going to list the matches im in, so if I missed anyone, or included anyone i shouldnt have, lemme know. All matches for me will be $15 (that way i can budget for my losses easily =P) Unless the people im tripple dittusing agree to $10 per fight.

Jon - Samus X Geedubya
- Samus Ditto
- Lightning - Capt.F, D.K X Bowser
Em - Geedub/Pichu X Bowser
- Geedub ditto
Ryan - Link, Bowser, Geedub ditto
Shaz - Bowser Ditto
Stitchface - Geedub, Shiek, Bowser Ditto

I just want to fight everyone with everyone ^_^ (deffly not for cash but -.-;;;;)

speaking of titles, how exactly do i go about claiming one? will said Bowser and Geedub ditto's be enough or do i have to pwn more people than that? :p

Still wondering if anyones got the balls to take my Bowser on in Lighting melee, come on, i know a fast moving Koopa King is a scary thought but dont be sissies. :chuckle:

ps: page 100 is getting close fast, ^_^ I think its a safe bet Aus Smash Tourneys are only going upwards.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
OK Kaydash, you're on. I'll take your Bowser in lightning melee with my Captain Falcon. If you lose that, gimme $15. However, after that match, we do a Bowser vs DK lightning, and if you win back your money, then good for you. If you lose, I want a further $5 from you :p Sound fair? I thought so.

Oh, and Josh, vs my Samus. Ditto style. ^^

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
How's everyone like my new sig?

Ryan keeps telling everyone he'll own me and people believe it.
Lol, that's because I will. :p I'm just joking Shaz, we'll see when we finally vs each other. Perhaps my perculiar mind games will put you off. "Why is he just standing there? What am I going to do? Oh, woops, forward b off the edge... bugger." :p

Oh, and Josh, vs my Samus. Ditto style. ^^
Depending on how much playing I get done between now and then, I'd be happy to take you on ditto style also. BTW, watch the vid on DC++ called Wes vs Dave Special. It's an awesome match IMO.

ps: page 100 is getting close fast, ^_^ I think its a safe bet Aus Smash Tourneys are only going upwards.
NEVER EVER say something like that. Look what you've done. Second page. Pffffft.

Hmm, and for you melbournites, do you want me to money match you in december or in february (or both)?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Once again i would like to bring this thread to everyones attention. once again it is your descison on what you do and if you want to post: 'I vote for thomsonsst2' it is entirely your descison blah blah blah refer to my other post about this topic... Thanks for your support last time guys!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I have the Wes vs Dave special, it was recommended to me before too. Good match that one. I'll m/match you in Dec if you like, but these matches are all planned for Feb I believe. Nice sig too, very colourful. Plasia: Shaz and I are on TAFE holidays now, so we have 2 weeks of extra time. We'll see about contacting you soon. I wont yet, because I'll have to see when Shaz is free.

kupo

Smash Lord
lol, I'd bet it, but obviously thats giving it away, unless you can think of something REALLY silly.
I'd love to have the Naruto Wallscroll Zan. I'll put in $20.
...Okay, for something silly, my Pichu vs Your Pichu [Jolt/B move only] on FD in Stamina Mode. If that's not silly enough, Hyrule Fox Ditto [Blaster/Reflector only] Stamina as well...

Plasia: I'm with Jon here. If both of them go, I'll go [cause they're my methods of transportation ^^].

Ryz: Nice Sig. I likes it.
Money matches in December? Why the **** not. Any matches with me as Fox/Falco/Roy vs your Yoshi. Deal? Deeeeeaal. :p

Kaydee: Yeah, I'll take your Bowser with Pichu in L.Melee. >= ].

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll vs your bowser with my Luigi.
Sig rulz.
*Votes for ma tx64*

Man, what a small and crappy post. Oh well.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
So many matches to keep track of. The challenges keep flying. I'm far too lazy to do something that troublesome atm. I'll do it later (the update for m/matches).

Kaydash, you sound pretty confident about your lightning melee skillz ^^ How about you vs my Link with your Mewtwo? Lightning or normal, I'll let you decide.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
So many matches to keep track of. The challenges keep flying. I'm far too lazy to do something that troublesome atm. I'll do it later (the update for m/matches).
Don't worry too much Jon. Unless you're really desperate for that $20 of Diablo's.

Meh, I'll be happy to verse anyone under any rules, as long as its not a money match. If it is, then I'll verse you under Kupo's rules, preferably with a character I can play somewhat.

Josh, twas fun on Friday. Especially the team battle - Big Daddys vs Team Ness. OOOoooOoooOOoooOO! :p

You know, I'd probably say that Tim's the only person in the world that began wavedashing in matches before he learnt how to do all four swipes on Marth's forward b combo. Oh well, I've taught him the important stuff at least :p.

The Smashers of the Apocolyspe may be in for an upset before the february tournament. The north of the river crew are improving. Be warned :p

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Kupo: I'm not sure about that. When I said silly I thought maybe a game of something absurd like Wario Ware or Bishi Bashi or a good old fanshioned skulling random liquid contest, hehe.

Ahh... I'm not good at the game eh, so I'm thinking of ways to provide entertainment. Where will this whole tournament take place? I'm considering asking our club whether they want to sponsor it for food/drinks/entertainment/prizes. It's really really cool that none of you guys care about that (games come first) but if you make it official then you can get publisize it and get more attention this way.

But really this post is just an excuse to say that Rmus new sig is really really pretty. :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Josh, twas fun on Friday. Especially the team battle - Big Daddys vs Team Ness. OOOoooOoooOOoooOO!
By that I hope it means you guys were playing 3CFvs1Ness...any other way is just to nice on little boOooOoi.
It's really really cool that none of you guys care about that (games come first) but if you make it official then you can get publisize it and get more attention this way.
I was speaking to Cellas big bro Carlos, who offered to assist setting it up and so on were it open to the public. He's been doing advanced marketing or something for as long as I've known the guy, so he'd probably have a clue. Were that the case we could charge an entry fee...which would be a good thing as we could give out prizes. Only bad thing would be the masses of noobs all runnning around like headless chooks after their defeat, and the fact the tourny would be less fair this way. setting fair brackets would be a *****...I dunno, I don't know.
Smashers of the Apocolyspe may be in for an upset before the february tournament. The north of the river crew are improving. Be warned
So you guys call yourself that now? And who's getting better than you? The guys you've said are far away from you in Perth?

Emily, I was just thinking...you don't have an outstanding character you can assume you're better than anyone else with these days. I'm shocked and a-Paul-Ing-ed (Jon would be the only one to get this).
Kupo: I'm not sure about that. When I said silly I thought maybe a game of something absurd like Wario Ware or Bishi Bashi or a good old fanshioned skulling random liquid contest, hehe.
How about who can make the other die by crossing the miasma stream with the chalice in FF:CC first?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
So you guys call yourself that now? And who's getting better than you? The guys you've said are far away from you in Perth?
No, I was calling Josh's group, (him, Bryce, Kenton and Mat) the Apocolyspe Smashers as it seemed like a good idea at the time. I was just basically commenting on how the rest of my group, (Mic, Tim and Chris) are improving a fair amount. I'm having some really close and fun matches with them.

Only bad thing would be the masses of noobs all runnning around like headless chooks after their defeat, and the fact the tourny would be less fair this way.
So that will basically be the question. Do we want masses of noobs running around? Or shall this be a private tournament scene?

Oops, late for a lecture. Cyas.

kupo

Smash Lord
Zan: Ah, so anything else not smash related. I'm familiar with Bishi Bashi and its second game.
LOL, how about we play Bishi Bashi 2 on a ddr mat? [I've got the dance mats] Oh man, I can already imagine how we'd look when we're gonna play! XD..

*Big Grin*

Somebody has to bring a camera and record the challenge.

Shaz: I don't consider any of my characters to be "outstanding" nor do I assume that they're better than [Insert Name and Character].

As for the Tourney, if we were to do it in Double Elimination Format, we're gonna be having another "James" Ordeal for the whole entire day and be bored out of our *****. Well, to prevent that, set up a few GC's, do RR's and then we do our Bracket thang D.E style.

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by rmusgrave
So that will basically be the question. Do we want masses of noobs running around? Or shall this be a private tournament scene?
We could either vote or let the hosts decide.

...Lets vote anyways. :p

I vote for a open tourney.

Total votes: 1

Private tourney: 0

Open tourney: 1

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
All the descions on the tourney are up to the host city. The Eastern Invasion was kept as a private invitation tourney basically because there was no one else to invite... But melbourne seems to be a lot higher on the open tourney scale, but the n00b factor needs to be taken into consideration. Maybe we could have 2 tourneys. One private and one open, but that would take twice as much organisation. Whatever the host city does i will be happy with. I trust thier judgement as long as Shaz isnt involved. As long as im over there smashing it doesnt matter!

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo
Zan: Ah, so anything else not smash related. I'm familiar with Bishi Bashi and its second game.
LOL, how about we play Bishi Bashi 2 on a ddr mat? [I've got the dance mats] Oh man, I can already imagine how we'd look when we're gonna play! XD..
Oh man, thats awesome. I'm gonna lose but it's totally worth it. Promise me not to practise ;)

Cubed64: I had your thoughts exactly. Play on freeplay for a while then seed people in to two different tournies.

Shaz: Your idea with the marketing is cool. Let me know how it turns out, I may be able to offer prizes anyway. :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Cubed64: I had your thoughts exactly. Play on freeplay for a while then seed people in to two different tournies.

Shaz: Your idea with the marketing is cool. Let me know how it turns out, I may be able to offer prizes anyway.
That idea is abusable....play crap, get seeded in **** tourny..win easily, demand match vs good tourny winner, come second or even second without much effort.

A) Perhaps we could do a open inv. RR for the first tourny, with us crew people being the ones everyone has to RR with. We keep record of any losses we may suffer, and the winners get points. Most points wins...in the even of a tie have them play off against one another until a winner emerges. Top players will be allowed invite to the invite only tourny.
B) A massive *** double elim tourny and we're all allowed in it, even organisers. No official private tourny.
C) A hardcore longass RR that will take forever, and everyone named Mat or that uses the screen name Cubed64 will be forced to play in their underwear unless playing Pichu or Kirby.
OTHER?

I dunno, anyone have any suggestions?

Oh and dont worry Em, you can vs me for a Flaco ditto title best of 3 at some stage okay?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Zan:
err, those werent my thoughts. I said we should have one open tourney and one private tourney and seed them both entirely independantly.

Originally by Cronos_Rainbow:
A) Perhaps we could do a open inv. RR for the first tourny, with us crew people being the ones everyone has to RR with. We keep record of any losses we may suffer, and the winners get points. Most points wins...in the even of a tie have them play off against one another until a winner emerges. Top players will be allowed invite to the invite only tourny.
That sounds good. Allow the good players from the open into the invite. This would require more that one TV and cube though, but i hope that would be no problem.

OTHER?

I dunno, anyone have any suggestions?
Yeah, how about everyone named Shannon Bethelot or that uses the screen name Cronos_Rainbow on SWF has to play wearing a spandex Captain Falcon uniform and get video taped and the video gets shared all over DC++? That would be good for the Australia image. Then we could dress up anyone by the name of Jonathan Pratt or the screen name Sabreant on SWF in a Ness uniform and Captain Falcon could up+B him!!! All caught on tape and all shared over DC++!!! Now thats a suggestion!!

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Cubed64
Originally by Zan: err, those werent my thoughts. I said we should have one open tourney and one private tourney and seed them both entirely independantly.

Originally by Cronos_Rainbow: That sounds good. Allow the good players from the open into the invite. This would require more that one TV and cube though, but i hope that would be no problem.

Thats fair Cubed, I worded it wrong. What I thought of was an extention to your idea, and I failed to note it. Either way, I agree with Shazs idea, not so much about abusing the system (I mean that would make some mofo increadibly unpopular, heh), but also because skill doesnt exactly vary in equal increments. On one hand there may be one or two people that dominate the lower tourny when they were just ineligible to get into the first, while on the other, its possible that the main tourny is full of smash boarders plus one or two people who were better than everyone else, but have no technical skill. Thats what I get for posting late at night. :p

I don't imagine TVs and cubes would be a problem, however it completely depends on the venue. Any thoughts or possibilities on that one?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How about we dress up as out best characters? *Laughs at Josh*
I think the open tournie is a good idea. Sure, they're may be a bunch oof n00bs, but then you can at least get a bunch of free wins, and find the odd few who are good. (PLus I'd be able to beat more people! Yay! )

*Doessomething*

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
I think an open tourney would be cool as it would be more of an "event" and if theres n00bsters about then there will probably be other n00bsters too, so they've got people they dont get owned by, while everyone else is concerntrating on owning someone else.

But having a 2nd tourney for the ninja-smashers would also be cool. maybe the 2nd tourney could involve the before mentioned firey liquid skulling competition (or at least afterwards)

And im not positive how double emil works, is it winner plays the winner of the other match while the loser plays the other loser and so on?

In my opinion the RR would be the best idea for a more social tourney, as it would result in more matches and everyone will get to meet/bash****outof everyone (probably resulting in some tears)

what is the time frame for the tourney? (1 day?)

As for non-smash games, whatever is happening i'll be up for it.

And Jon - challenge thee and i shall present myself for ownage. Your Link my Two, Lightnin f`shaw! *hyuck*
And Mic, looks like its time Luigi got some credit for slaying Bowser.

How about we dress up as out best characters?
That suggestion is cool and scary at the same time, I'd be all for it aslong as nobody laughed at my dumb horns (as IF thats not going to happen) Im not really serious but i could be... im not sure yet.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by mic_128
How about we dress up as out best characters? *Laughs at Josh*
I know you're not serious but coming from experience with anime conventions, it would not be unrealistic to do so. I will however refuse to make a Nintendo characters costume >.<

(I have seen a Mario cosplayer once. He was far too tall and the costume was goofy, but the guy was cool so it was alright):)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I just really wanted to laugh at Josh wearing a dress. But it's not that farfetched....except I'm petrified as what Jon and Shaz'd wear. *Shudders*

Top Bottom