• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by BladeMarth
i have 5 hours of internet a week which i must share with my brother! its so frustrating, im almost in tears....:mad: :o :(
Get. Unlimited. Internet. Now!

Originally posted by Kaydash
but it looks like if we want a decent QLD smash community we're going to have to forge one.
Same, and I gotta do it by myself. -_-

Originally posted by mic_128
Oops. Double post.
5PAMMAG3 T0 T3H MAXX0R!

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
i've been trying to get unlimited. Everytime i ask my mum to get internet, we get into a huge shouting arguement...:(
i only live with my mum, so we only get one income so we cant afford it...also because most internet providers require credit card payment.....we dont have credit card nor can we afford one.
lol mic, double post....

Calvo

Smash Rookie
I live on campus at GU Nathan, which is a **** long way away from far northside.

Anyway, it's good to know that there are tournaments in Perth - I'm heaps out of practice at the moment but I've got the rest of the semester to try and remember how to play. Regarding getting a smash community at my uni - possible, but I'm too lazy to get it organised :p

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by BladeMarth
i've been trying to get unlimited. Everytime i ask my mum to get internet, we get into a huge shouting arguement...:(
i only live with my mum, so we only get one income so we cant afford it...also because most internet providers require credit card payment.....we dont have credit card nor can we afford one.
lol mic, double post....
Show her this...

http://www.digiplus.com.au/Internet/dialup.asp

The price is fair ($19.95/month), the speed is good (for a 56k) and you don't pay by credit card.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
BM - sounds like you mum just wants you anywhere but the internet

but I'm too lazy to get it organised
thats cool, i'm the worlds largest procrastinator (i still havnt done like 90% of my high school assesment, and i finished last year) when if comes to everything except video games. all id ask you to do in terms of a brissy tourney would be to zing a few posters about, then we can see if theres any decent response, and organise a date/time/place.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by mic_128:
2. I thought everyone came up with Eastern Invasion?
Nope, it was the product of my brilliant brain. But im sure Jon, Em, Shaz and Cella can come up with something better. We're all counting on you guys!

Originally by Calvo:
Anyway, it's good to know that there are tournaments in Perth - I'm heaps out of practice at the moment but I've got the rest of the semester to try and remember how to play. Regarding getting a smash community at my uni - possible, but I'm too lazy to get it organised
DUDE!!! Glad to see that your back. You must tell us when you are coming to Perth so we can hold a special smash tourney for no reason but to distract us from our year 12 exam studies!!!

Im all for the posters thing, what do the other Perth Smashers think???

**EDIT: I took your advice jon, and i made a new signiture. What does everyone think??? All suggestions will be taken into account.

CHECK IT OUT IT OWNS!!!!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Umm Mat your sigs a little old. 'Most users ever online was 154 on 08-23-2004 at 03:49 PM.' Or so it says on the homepage. Tournament or even Interest posters cnat be stuck anywhere btw. I remember asking EB a while back and you cant just go in and whack one on the wall. You have to write to head office or some crap and its doubtful they'll cooperate since it doesnt not make them any money for doing so. In public places its ok I think, as long as you dont get caught putting one in the womens toilets or something equally as stupid...

Oh well, not much else to add. Naruto is coool! Kakashi is the man. ^_~

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Theres more to it than than us not being able to afford internet...And NO she doesn't want to keep me off the internet... she actually wants me to go on so im not so bored........
thanks for the link to that site TDG, i try manipulate her to buy that one :)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Kaydash:
Choice Sig Mat, major pwnedage, took me a few seconds to notice the Cubed64 in there, classy.
Thanks a lot. It took me about 2 hours to do it, but im glad it looks 'classy'.

Originally by TDG:
I dont like the "B". It doesn't look right to me. The rest is good.
I tried to make all the letters as 'cubed' as possible. I didnt want the 'B' to have the circles in them cos that would make the letter not look 'cubed'. I just put lines where the splits in the letters would be.

Originally by BladeMarth:
oh yeah, mat, your sig looks great....hehe, im not rying to get RPG money....
Well, do you need a loan of gil? I can spare 20 to a fellow aussie.

Melbourne Trip Balance: $60

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nice sig. I think I need a good one. Until then *Mannerism Moment* will hang around. Much to Crono's anoyance :D
Anyway, how did everyone do at the Nintendo thing on the weekend? Or has it finished, making me look like Falcon's leftovers?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
ACK! MIC I KEEEEL U! :p

Ok nah it's this weekend coming, not the one just past. So yeah you'll hear about it next week.
As for Perth having the largest community of good smashers you're stretching a bit there....besides who ever agreed there are more good smashers there than there are here anyway? :p
Either way though, there are a pretty good number of smashers here...

Mat your sig is a no show...just an image error box!

I hate Tafe!

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Shaz ( can i call u that?), if u dont like TAFE, why go there....its not like you need a future or anything

Mat, in ur sig, i just realised that the trohpies spelt 'Cubed64' hehe, im so blonde sometimes....

My RPG thing keeps screweing up, i am lvl3, but wen i go to RPG centre, im back to lvl 2, i updated stats and everything...its so wierd! and when i battled 220man in the RPG before, i was suddenly became logged in as him!!!! wierd.....anythin im doing wrong??? im a noob to the RPG thing.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sounds like an error with the boards. I'd send Kirby King or Giygas a PM. And as for the numbers....well, I was just taking an approximation. How about Melbourne and Perth both have a good and expanding communtiy of Quallity Smashers. Better Shaz?;) No "knee"d to get upset over it. (Sorry, I just had to work knee in somewhere.)

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Cubed64
I tried to make all the letters as 'cubed' as possible. I didnt want the 'B' to have the circles in them cos that would make the letter not look 'cubed'. I just put lines where the splits in the letters would be.
Yeah, I know. But i think the line through the right side of "B" should be shorter.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
my RPG thing is screwed.... so frustrating, ive just been feeding 220man for a while, and i keep on getting logged in as him..... grrrr.ill ask some1later if thhis keeps up....ive only got like 40 gil left

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey, I've been back searching this topic to find Beezl~'s Email. I can't find where he posted. Nor can I find his name in the Memberlist. Does anyone know what his email was? Or where he's posted?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I have never seen a post of his. Are you sure he was ever a member? Mat your new sig looks very nice. I think the B is fine how it is. Hehe me and Shaz were talking about a tourney name today. It was funny at the time, but I'll let him explain what we came up with if he wants to, because I'm stiff, hungry and tired right now.

Nice joke including the knee mic! ^_~ *goes up a notch in Jon's book*

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Cronos_Rainbow:
Mat your sig is a no show...just an image error box!
The actual image is a *png file. Maybe your computer cant view those files. Its working on everyone else's so your the problem.

Originally by mic_128:
Hey, I've been back searching this topic to find Beezl~'s Email. I can't find where he posted. Nor can I find his name in the Memberlist. Does anyone know what his email was? Or where he's posted?
He posted in the Perth, Western Australia thread. If you want to find his e-mail either go there or search for his name in the memberlist.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
He posted in the Perth, Western Australia thread. If you want to find his e-mail either go there or search for his name in the memberlist.
His username is beasleej or beesleaj. One of the two.

Hey, ur sig is pretty cool Mat. Wait till you see my new one... Just need to wait for Jamo to finish it.

my RPG thing is screwed.... so frustrating, ive just been feeding 220man for a while, and i keep on getting logged in as him..... grrrr.ill ask some1later if thhis keeps up....ive only got like 40 gil left
Hmm, does he go on smashboards under his username on your computer? Because there may be a cookie on your comp making him log in or something. Maybe even two conflicting cookies? :S

yeah, commercial retail joints suck.
Well, I'm sure there are small card shops and such that you could put such a poster on. For example Tactics in Perth would probably be glad to put up such a poster. But if you could somehow manage EB that'd be ultimate.

Mwahahaha! Yoshi will pwn all! Muhahahahaha!!! :D

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
The actual image is a *png file. Maybe your computer cant view those files. Its working on everyone else's so your the problem.
My RPG runs on png image files. Besides I was on the schools (TAFE) computers so don't further insult my comp!!! :p
But if you could somehow manage EB that'd be ultimate.
EB here wont let you put up anything that doesn't benefit them in some way. Perhaps we could make the prize a gift voucher for EB or something lame like that?
Hey, ur sig is pretty cool Mat. Wait till you see my new one... Just need to wait for Jamo to finish it.
Cheap, cheap....make your own you bum.
Maybe I should put my chibi starfox one back on...

As for the tourny name....lol we dunno yet...we were just joking around with whack names like TEK (Tourny Electric Knee) and it sounds like gdorfs jump sound....or tournament DLB....(yeah yeah....thats right Daddy's Little Boy)....but apart from that we're really not considering names on the more serius side atm lol.

Mic you're gaining a heap more respect from us lately...Jon and I especially it seems. Glad to see ypu're posting with a little more spirit and playing smash BETTER THAN MAT helps also....keep it up! :)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
My RPG runs on png image files. Besides I was on the schools (TAFE) computers so don't further insult my comp!!! :p
Well, my sig works on mine, josh's, jon's, TGD's, Kaydash's, mic_128's and rmusgrave's computer but not yours. So consider your computer insulted.

I think the tournament name should be AUST: Australian Ultimate Smash Tournament. It relates to Australian in the shortened name and the elongated name seems fine. But its up to the host city, so go figure.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't have time to quote so....

1. Pic prob~It could be something regarding TAFE blocking the site that the image is hosted at.
2. I was looking for Beel~ so I didn't look for ea.
3. I know a guy at EB morley, so I could probably put one up there.
4. Respect? From you 2? What have I done? Have I really lowered myself to the lowest common denominator? Or am I just suffering withdrawl from Falcon? YehS! That's the prob. *Goes and stares at poster or Falcon at home*

Oh yeah. And when you said I went up a notch,. I thought you typed Crotch for a sec.:rolleyes:

Oh ~ Make sure you see Cory's new arvitar. Wanta know what happened?;)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, my sig works on mine, josh's, jon's, TGD's, Kaydash's, mic_128's and rmusgrave's computer but not yours. So consider your computer insulted.
*sigh* must you further prove to the world you're a *******? I mean seriously, read what you quote before posting in response Mat.....First pwned by Mic after insulting him for months....NOW THIS?! :p *shakes head*
Or am I just suffering withdrawl from Falcon? YehS! That's the prob. *Goes and stares at poster or Falcon at home*
Don't you wish Jon and I would lend you the real Falcon for a week or two Mic?....
Oh yeah. And when you said I went up a notch,. I thought you typed Croth for a sec.
....Coz it looks like you REALLY need it!:bee:
I think the tournament name should be AUST: Australian Ultimate Smash Tournament. It relates to Australian in the shortened name and the elongated name seems fine. But its up to the host city, so go figure.
WE've already used one of your names.....it's time we use another name....one that represents the other members of our smash community, not just us Aussies....but the sexy gynastic stud and his little boy themselves! *dubs the tourny 'UpB Ness and call it Yehs! ooOOoOoOooOOOooH! version 1.0 YEHS electric knee large crotch UpB pause on right-facing air dodge SMS message(Sexy Muscular Stud for the noobs)' or....SMS for short :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
*sigh* must you further prove to the world you're a *******? I mean seriously, read what you quote before posting in response Mat.....First pwned by Mic after insulting him for months....NOW THIS?! :p *shakes head*

Think that's sad? Read over what he said about me after our last tournie. (I think it was him...:confused:

Don't you wish Jon and I would lend you the real Falcon for a week or two Mic?........Coz it looks like you REALLY need it!:bee:
Sorta. My poster is getting a bit soggy.....from the...uh....rain. Yeh. That's what it is. :o

WE've already used one of your names.....it's time we use another name....one that represents the other members of our smash community, not just us Aussies....but the sexy gynastic stud and his little boy themselves! *dubs the tourny 'UpB Ness and call it Yehs! ooOOoOoOooOOOooH! version 1.0 YEHS electric knee large crotch UpB pause on right-facing air dodge SMS message(Sexy Muscular Stud for the noobs)' or....SMS for short :)
I would sooo put that in my sig, but for the fact it's just too......too....wow.

EDIT: Just looking over the ol' SSB room, and I got to think ing, how about next tpurnie we have a SSB mini round. We could use that extra TV, I can bring the 64 and 3 controllers....anyone up for it? (Plus Josh can't own us all with peach)

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by mic_128
Nope. And it's not just Cory either. See M3D?:D
Yeah, half of the mods now have those avatars. It's freaking me out.

Just looking over the ol' SSB room, and I got to think ing, how about next tpurnie we have a SSB mini round. We could use that extra TV, I can bring the 64 and 3 controllers....anyone up for it? (Plus Josh can't own us all with peach)
Meh.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol Mic. Your one-liners just keep gettin better and better. ;) Good stuff. ^^ As for Mat having a say in the name, pfft. No buddy. It's for Melbourne reps only, this time round. Sorry to bust your bubble. :]

WE've already used one of your names.....it's time we use another name....one that represents the other members of our smash community, not just us Aussies....but the sexy gynastic stud and his little boy themselves! *dubs the tourny 'UpB Ness and call it Yehs! ooOOoOoOooOOOooH! version 1.0 YEHS electric knee large crotch UpB pause on right-facing air dodge SMS message(Sexy Muscular Stud for the noobs)' or....SMS for short
Lol, ok, now that I've gained control of my bladder again, I think T.E.K. (Tournament Electric Knee) was actually pretty good suggestion. Even though tainted by Falcon, we could make it tradition (in Melb) that the winner has to face off against a team (2vs1) Winner vs C.Falcon and GDorf. If they dont win, it doesnt matter, the sexiness was against them, and if they do! Shame shame shame on the sexy bros. But kudos to the victor in that case.

*edit* Oh by the way, all for laughs, it wouldn't change the winners placing. Just the teamed C.Falcon and GDorf players that are available would have to work with Team Attack on. T'would be a higly amusing finish to a tournament methinks.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, thinking about the name AUST, I think we don't really need a name like that unless we're planning on attracting n00bs. In which case, if we're gonna call it something like DLB we shouldn't bother with posters and such. What do you guys think?

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by rmusgrave
Hmm, thinking about the name AUST, I think we don't really need a name like that unless we're planning on attracting n00bs. In which case, if we're gonna call it something like DLB we shouldn't bother with posters and such. What do you guys think?
DLB?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by TDG:
Yeah, half of the mods now have those avatars. It's freaking me out.
Its a practical joke by Kirby King. He drew the avitars in paint and then replaced them, its pretty funny.

Originally by Sabreant:
As for Mat having a say in the name, pfft. No buddy. It's for Melbourne reps only, this time round. Sorry to bust your bubble. :]
My bubble isnt busted, i konw its up to the host city, thats why i said:
But its up to the host city, so go figure.
So im just pluggin in a few suggestions, its up to the Melbourne Clan to what name gets chosen.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
So im just pluggin in a few suggestions, its up to the Melbourne Clan to what name gets chosen
Falcon is the only one who does pluggin around here Mat, keep your tales and fantasies for your own sexy v.game character! (as Falcon is spoken for)

How about SMS-TEK.....that way when said it kinda sounds like a school? Also it would be a good name for a poster as suggested, though we don't have to give away its true meaning until afterwards! NYAAHAHAAHA! Oh, and it gives us an excuse to use Ness Falcon and GDorf on the poster....in funny positions.....or atleast a double-up UpB! *Has a plan BTW*

Mat where are your one liners and cocky Falco these days....for the moment Mic is outshining you, and he has even surpassed your former glory in Jon and my 'Falcon Journal of Western Australian Studs!' (or FJSWAS for future reference.)
But its up to the host city, so go figure.
Yes, that's right...we are the hosts, and you are the parasites. Now feed, FEED my pretties! AYAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA-NYAHAHA! And Go Figure, wasn't that some 007 Bond movie? Speaking of 007 Jon picked a good liscence plate the other day. He asked what would 006 Trevalian (sp whatever) do to Bond? The answer was number plate PWN-007. Just thought I'd mention it coz it was a good find.

That's all for now. OooOoOOOOooOoooOh to all! YEHS!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Mat where are your one liners and cocky Falco these days....for the moment Mic is outshining you, and he has even surpassed your former glory in Jon and my 'Falcon Journal of Western Australian Studs!' (or FJSWAS for future reference.)
I never posted one liners, but if you want me to convert to Falconism ill have to drop my IQ by a few hundred points. As for mic replacing me in the FJSWAS, i might just have to win back that position. My cocky falco beat josh's peach last night, maybe his peach is losing its edge and becoming too predictable??

Calvo

Smash Rookie
I dunno about all this tournament naimg stuff, but I'd be up for a go at the original SSB if I ever get around to attending one of these tourneys :)

Top Bottom