• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I think everyone here has played SC2 if not owns it, and it's good. Go Link! Anyway.....Hey, Bllademarth, perhaps you could edit the first post with our names, MSN, ect.

I'm Mic_1281@hotblahblahect, just for the records. I'm not on often though...sigh.

EDIT: Yay! MBroom acess! Thanks to any and all who recommended me. I'll be sure to do the same for any of yous for Broom acess.:bee:

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
EDIT: Yay! MBroom acess! Thanks to any and all who recommended me. I'll be sure to do the same for any of yous for Broom acess.
We can recommend? I though only mods could :S...shows how much attention I give to political SWF things.

TDG...happy b'day!
The fox vs fox matches were very exciting and well played
Yay! Thanks, I'm glad you like them :)
Okay your right, you're all right. I did origionally know that melee was a good game. I'm just pissed off cause i'm friends with sean and now hes trying to act all cool.
Oh well, act cool with him...that's what Mic and Ryan do! ^^

It is 3D, but plays on a 2D axis
And to be even more picky again....it does play on a 3D axis, just can't really be controlled freely on one...you have only very limited control of where you are on the Z as you can really only dodge to move on it...and then that's only very slightly anyway so....Either way the game is 3D :)
LOL, um nooo 220man! YOu are so contradictory.
Nice, v.nice.
Must... practice... yoshi...
Yeah, me too......one day.

Been too busy with Ness lately....I only prac him by playing others with him though....either way he's to the point he can almost stand up to Ems Peach, which for Ness and I is no easy task....Peach is bad enough....but when in the hands of a crazy biatch with no sense of fear and no hope of her slowing down it becomes a panic knowing my only chance to recover is to try the trippy act of sweetspotting the edge using a near vertical PK thunder from the depths of the stage else meet the float cancelled lethal crown while guiding lightning to my as$!
Yay! MBroom acess!
You now have no excuse to not learn my inf. combo Mic...good luck buddy!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We can recommend? I though only mods could :S...shows how much attention I give to political SWF things.
Well there was suposedly a recomendation topic in the MBR. But as I haven't been given acess yet....

TDG...happy b'day!
I didn't notice! So happy Bday too.

Oh well, act cool with him...that's what Mic and Ryan do! ^^
:confused:

And to be even more picky again....it does play on a 3D axis, just can't really be controlled freely on one...you have only very limited control of where you are on the Z as you can really only dodge to move on it...and then that's only very slightly anyway so....Either way the game is 3D :)
And also the pokes sometimes fly back in the Z axis, and when you go flying backwards off screen too. :D

Peach is bad enough....but when in the hands of a crazy biatch with no sense of fear and no hope of her slowing down it becomes a panic knowing my only chance to recover is to try the trippy act of sweetspotting the edge using a near vertical PK thunder from the depths of the stage else meet the float cancelled lethal crown while guiding lightning to my as$!
You should write a novel.:rolleyes:

You now have no excuse to not learn my inf. combo Mic...good luck buddy!
Is it easy to find? If not, could you post a link?

:goomba:

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
I'm studying Computer Systems Engineering. It's pretty boring so far. Lol.

I like SC2 on the PS2, but not on the GC. The d-pad is horrible on the GC, and I hate using the analog stick for fighting games other than Smash. -_-

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Originally posted by mic_128
I think everyone here has played SC2 if not owns it, and it's good. Go Link! Anyway.....Hey, Bllademarth, perhaps you could edit the first post with our names, MSN, ect.

I'm Mic_1281@hotblahblahect, just for the records. I'm not on often though...sigh.

EDIT: Yay! MBroom acess! Thanks to any and all who recommended me. I'll be sure to do the same for any of yous for Broom acess.:bee:
Yeah, i think thats a good idea to put our names on the first post.

DO u mean Like:

BladeMarth: Sean, Queensland, 15, sunnice63@hotmail.com etc?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah.

Musgrave, with the betting game, you've forgotten to give the levels of the CPU's.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
I like SC2 on the PS2, but not on the GC. The d-pad is horrible on the GC, and I hate using the analog stick for fighting games other than Smash. -_-
the d-pad is a wee bit small, and 2d fighters get fiddly, but once i developed a different qauter circle roll technique it was alright. hows Hihatchi (sp?) for SC2?

off topic but speaking of 2d fighters, any favorites?

mine, The King of Fighters 2k3, only because i havnt played 04 yet. SNK FOREVER! Im want to be getting this tatto soon XD

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
mine, The King of Fighters 2k3, only because i havnt played 04 yet. SNK FOREVER! Im want to be getting this tatto soon XD
Yay, another SNK fan. Awesome, SNK fans seem to be difficult to come by.
Oh, yeah and APC is cool, I've got that quote in heaps of other forums and no one really picked up on it.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Ok, everyone, i got a request

The next time you post, can you please include stuff about you that will be editted into the very first post in this thread.(mic128's idea).

Possible inclusions like: Real Name, Age, State, email, occupation if u want, and anything else, u get the jist.

k thanks!

and my favourite fighter at the moment is still soul calibur 2.

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by BladeMarth
Ok, everyone, i got a request

The next time you post, can you please include stuff about you that will be editted into the very first post in this thread.(mic128's idea).

Possible inclusions like: Real Name, Age, State, email, occupation if u want, and anything else, u get the jist.

k thanks!

and my favourite fighter at the moment is still soul calibur 2.
Ok, I'll go first.

Name: Ian
Sex: Male
Mains: *Sheik*, Marth, Purin
Email/MSN: true_diablos@hotmail.com

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Boy can you guys post. I havent been here to check in what? 2 days? More pokes than I can post a stick at. :p Oh well, its good in a way. BladeMarth, I agree with what Ryan said not far back. Don't make fun of 220man's religion or belief, or whatever it is that he does that you do not. Its disrespectful and you should be ashamed of every word you said. While he has posted nothing of value to date, you aren't proving yourself his friend.

Hehe, I was watching tapes through today Josh, man its funny how we all played so gayly. ^^ Whilst I was watching a certain FFA, I began laughing out loud as my Falcon double jumped above someone, I think it was Shaz, came down with a dair, hit!, didn't l-cancel, and then DIed with Peach's forward throw straight after! XD Oh maaaaan. Daddy clearly wasnt very sexy back then. :/ Lol

Yeah Kaydash, I added you to my msn contacts. I'm not sure why you werent there already. Shaz, I didnt know we could recommend for the MBR either, I toyed with the thought of posting in there once, but thought better of it when I saw who usually did. Cant exactly throw any weight around in there can we? :)

As for SC2, hmph, why use the d-pad at all? Its far easier to use the joystick, and it hurts less in the end. Cant remember what game it was, but I remember having a very sore thumb one certain day not long ago. The d-pad is gay. I think Falcon designed it.. Hey Zan, I thought your sig was just an insinuation that you were really a smoker. You're not are you? I couldnt smell it if you are. Put me off at first to be honest. :p Thought I was gonna rock up that day with Shaz and be cooped up in some dank room full of smokers. Glad that instead it was a massive *** ice cavern. I prefer that much more. ^^

Oh and if Mic is going to be editing some post? then he should be kicked if he doesnt know my generic details already. :p

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Name: Zan (I'm more than used to this, but you can call me Brendan if you like... most people I know complain that they know too many Brendan's though).
Mains: Fox, Mario
Email/MSN: bloodshot128 via hotmail

Meh, I'm gonna rant about other fighters since it seems to be fashionable right now.
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike: Probably the game that recieves the most professional recognition out of all current fighters, due to the stunt Daigo pulled at Evo 2004, and also of course it's strong following in Japan. Awesome game, might appear a bit bland for those that dont care for the technical side of things.
KOF series (not including MI): Very cool and underated series. At the casual level or skill I'm at, I enjoy it more than SF games.
Guilty Gear (not including Isuka): My favourite fighter, or atleast on par with SSBM. No one seems to know the game exists down here, despite huge following in Japan. Can't blame them though, there is only one cabinet of it in Melbourne.
Soul Calibur 2: Pretty game, and fun too, but a tad broken at anything other competitive play. If you have mastered this game and play in competitions then awesome, but if you play the game regularly with a few buds it's incredibly annoying to die randomly because of certain cheapness there. Btw, I use the SC2 hori joystick on PS2 for it. None of the console controllers do ANY fighting games justice (with exception to Smash, since it was designed with the controller in mind :))
Naruto 2 GC: Cool fighting game. Wasn't really designed with competitive play in mind though... keep that in mind and its fun to play.
Tekken/Virtua Fighter/Anything else: Not really interested, the games are kinda ugly and slow for me to take interest. My personal opinion though, I understand both have quite a following.

Geh... sorry, that was pretty self indulgent of me, but I love fighters of all types atm.

Sabre: Heh, I guess it's wasn't supposed to sound that literal. It sounds cool in my head when I think of it being sung I guess... and nah I don't smoke. I can't afford to smoke. :rolleyes:

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Hey all!

I seriously didnt think there was any competition in Australia for SSBM, someone metioned this place... and... whoa.

I am pretty good at SSBM, but my main focus is Soul Calibur 2. (I am also Plasia @ www.soulcalibur.com forums). I play SCII on Gamecube using arcade sticks and it is awesome.

I've played Super Smash Brothers since the N64 days and I love Melee, I live in Melbourne so if you guys want to invite me to any tournaments then that'd be great. You can contact me on AIM (P1asia) or MSN (Robert_Plasia@hotmail.com).

I play Marth/Link
I Live in Keilor Victoria (15mins from city)
17 years old
Name: Phillip
Male

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Plasia
I Live in Keilor Victoria (15mins from city)
Fifteen minutes if you take the freeway in. ;)

Anyway, sounds like there is actually someone close to me for a change. I look forward to playing you sometime. :)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Whoa ho ho!! Heeeello Plasia! :) Good to see you made the effort to find the largest smash community in Aus. We're glad to hear from you. Add me to your msn! I'm sabreant@hotmail.com. Add add! Keilor is pretty far from most of us, except maybe Zan, and Oats. Get in contact with them if you can. (Thats their screen names btw) Since everyone is doing their own little bio, I feel the need to jump on the bandwagon. **** peer pressure nooo! Lol

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Locatality: Hampton Park
Mains: Samus, but I enjoy Falcon, DK, Link and Ganondorf too.
MSN/AIM: sabreant@hotmail.com / Ant of Sabre (I dont use aim much..)

CATS

Smash Journeyman
i present to you the details of cats!

Name: Nic (but people call me cats)
Mains: Peach, Pikachu and Gannondorf
Email/msn: malicious_demise@hotmail.com

I'm practising with Roy at the moment so maybe he'll become a main later on :D

kupo

Smash Lord
Name: Emily [Em]
Mains: Falco/Fox/Sheik/Peach

I have the "Worst Falco EVER" title. I suppose you could say that all my characters suck. Ho-hum.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
It's time to du-du-du-du-duel!

Name: Shannon/Shaz
Mains: Fox/Falco
Pseudo mains: Doc/Ness/Marth/Falcon
Contact: MSN: omnimetirx@hotmail.com AIM: Feck I don't remember....I don't even use AIM nemore :p

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
why use the d-pad at all? Its far easier to use the joystick, and it hurts less in the end. Cant remember what game it was, but I remember having a very sore thumb one certain day not long ago.
LONG LIVE NINTENDO THUMB! *holds up his calised beyond healthy thumb*

remember the SNES days... when youd get a new game and have to reharden the surface, the blister would come, so you'd just play harder to make it go faster, my technique was not to burst it but just use the puffy grose thing AS your thumb, hurt like a ***** but paid off, I was un-ownable at Killer Instinct. ultra combo with Jago, oh yeah... *sigh* those were the days...
ahem, sorry bout the powertrip down memory lane.

Name: Nathan
mains: Bowser, Game&Watch, Samus

can anyone inform me whats with the re-occouring figure 128... its starting to give me the willies. something dark and forboding is emerging.

KOF to me just plain plays smoother and more structured, im sure thats because i never really got into any street fighter after II, but Alpha while being fun just didnt keep me interested and SNK sprites are so much prettier to look at.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Name: Mathew
Mains: Falco, Ganon, Mario

Does everyone here have DC++? If you dont, i suggest you get it cos there will be alot of Aus vids going around there soon. I think josh has gone through a few of the vids and we will be digitising them soon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Kaydash
can anyone inform me whats with the re-occouring figure 128... its starting to give me the willies. something dark and forboding is emerging.
*Rocking back and forth* It's begining.....it's spreading......the evil.....

Oh and if Mic is going to be editing some post? then he should be kicked if he doesnt know my generic details already
Wtf? What are you talking about?

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo
I have the "Worst Falco EVER" title. I suppose you could say that all my characters suck. Ho-hum.
Say that after looking really bored and still managing to dodge everything I can throw at you. :rolleyes:

As for the 128 thing, Mine would've just been bloodshot and it was taken, so I chose 128 cos that how much RAM I had at the time, and was an easy number to remember. Geeky but eh...

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
speaking of throwing, I, am an item *****, but i have come to understand that title matches are played with all items off, which makes sense, however what are the rules for regular tounrey matches, or will they be decided at a later date? I usually have super items off and few recovery items.

Yesterday i learnt how to wavedash. i diserve a sticker! ^_^

Bowser shall reign firey hurt upon j00 all.... in 6 months.

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Kaydash
speaking of throwing, I, am an item *****, but i have come to understand that title matches are played with all items off, which makes sense, however what are the rules for regular tounrey matches, or will they be decided at a later date? I usually have super items off and few recovery items.

Yesterday i learnt how to wavedash. i diserve a sticker! ^_^

Bowser shall reign firey hurt upon j00 all.... in 6 months.
It's usually 5 stocks or less, 10 mins or less, with certain stages and moves banned for obvious reasons. The host of the tourney decides the rules, so check the other threads to find out some of the popular ones.

Wow, I actually taught someone how to wavedash? My friends just give up after a few failed attempts. Lol

*Gives Kaydash a sticker*

kupo

Smash Lord
About the rule settings, it's yet to be comfirmed. This time of course, we'll be using the Slob Picks and Dave's Stupid Rule, to ensure fairness. Using Random all the time just sucks.

Heh, also, we'll be the ones deciding on the brackets. Fear not, we will not place anyone in the same state in the first round unless it's completely necessary. But we can't guarantee that, you won't be up against your mates in the second round.

Yes, it will be in Double Elimination Format. You win, you advance. You lose, you're sent to the loser Bracket. Lose again, you're eliminated.

Dare I say, whoever mentions FD for final match, I will Spaz attack you.

*~*Isis*~*

Oh yea, Quez. When are the vids going to be up? And, which vids will be put up?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by kupo
Heh, also, we'll be the ones deciding on the brackets. Fear not, we will not place anyone in the same state in the first round unless it's completely necessary. But we can't guarantee that, you won't be up against your mates in the second round.
Yay! I won't be vsing Ryan or Josh in Round 1! Yay!

Jon, do you still have those Bio's I sent you? If you do, could you send a copy of them to me?

FD FOR THE FINALS!
*Runs away*

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
YEEEAAAAHHHHHAAAYYYY!
I gots 2 stickers!
love the badge. "I love to help"

If the people who said they are interested from here actually follow through then there will be a fairly large pool of "B" (well probably C) grade smashers.

my "crew" usually play a minimum of stock 7 but mostly 10 or 15.
however i can see how this would get tedious at a tournement.
but would anyone be interested in a marathon match, of any amount of stock above 20.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Cronos_Rainbow:
LOL. Ahh, thats funny. Theres this kid at badminton that looks like he hasnt evolved from the primate stage yet and we call him shemale, just funny thats all. (NO shaz, it isnt me)

Originally by Kaydash:
can anyone inform me whats with the re-occouring figure 128
The gamecube was originally called Nintendo 128 before it was transfered to the project name of 'Dolphin'. 128 is 64 times 2. Not as cool as 64^3 !!!!!

Originally by Kupo:
Dare I say, whoever mentions FD for final match, I will Spaz attack you.
I agree. It should be the same format as the normal matches. That way it is kept fair all the way through.

Thats what we tried to do when you guys came over but exceptions had to be made. Try and get the amount of players equal to the power of two. EG: 16, 32, 64 etc.... Try and get as many people to come as possilbe. I may think CATS will want to punish Rachel McQueenie in a real tournament. But we dont want her staining the tournament we may be having.

Originally by TDG:
I'm pretty good at marathon matchs. I'll take on anyone in a 99 stock, no time limit, no items, no pausing match on Hyrule Temple.
LOL, that would be a marathon. It would be hard to play seriously for the entire match

Id just like to end with this: 262144

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey cool, tournament rules are beginning to be formulated. I say we start fishing around for cheap plane tickets. :p

Quetz: Sorry bud, but Tim and Chris are both busy this Saturday. That drops our number by two. It's a real shame, but I'll still be happy just to go there and be owned. Also, if no one else is, I'll bring my cube. That way we'll be able to have up to 8 ppl playing warmup matches at once.

Anyway, cya there I guess.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Gah, sorry Mic. Someone made reference to you, regarding a certain post in question, that has peoples details. I dont know wtf I was thinking. Dont worry, the kick in the butt comment was all in good fun. I wouldnt kick hard. ^^

Truly, I think FD for the last match is good idea. Its like the final expression of the two combatants in a flawless arena where only hard work and skill wins. Meh, either that, or the cheapness of some characters can be easily exploited. I'm not really fussed honestly. But FD does seem logical. Battlefield too. I dunno, nor care too much.

Oh, and Mic. What bios? You want yours/some/all? Gay/Normal/Evil? Specify, and I'll see what I have.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Whoa! God you guys post fast! Guess that’s what we get for having a growing community! Anyway, MY TURN to post a big post. Thanks for reading if you bothered...

Sabreant, I was just joking( about religious stuff), although I guess you can’t really tell. At school, we joke around that Brendan is all religious when he really isn’t that really, as much as we hate to admit it. I respect other people beliefs! Heck, Im Christian too, not to mention our school is a Christian Brothers school lol! Don’t get so emotional...

At the moment, I’m trying to collate and copy everyone details, but my internet is a bit screwed at the moment, so ill have to post at school. Hehe smashboards is one of the few ‘non-curriculum’ sites that isn’t blocked. Hmm, you guys seem to be posting weird/ haha funny details...its kinda hard for me to tell what you mean... well, only a bit really, but ill work it out... Just don’t chuck a hissy fit if I get you rdetails wrong!

Don’t have time to quote... sooo..........

Matthew (cubed): hmmm, could someone even tell me what DC++ is? I bet you like everyone knows about it, whatever it is except me!

Plasia: Hiya, nice to meet you ,new aussie smasher person! Hope you continue to post here!

Kaydash: hmm.. that 128 number.. its on like all my friends emails....im so dumb/ uncool, I thought it had something to do with the band Blink182, until I realised the numbers were in the wrong order! :S and I am also an items *****, if you will. I especially love the sailormoon stick (starrod in melee terms, I think.) And yes, you do deserve a sticker, many many stickers!
I’m ashamed to admit it, but I still can’t really wavedash, ive done it a couple of times.. but have never really got the hang of it. I just took the easy way out and convinced myself that’s its unimportant and I don’t need to use it LOL.

Mic: I laughed when I saw that teacher...reminded me of this kid that we call Harry Potter at school, for his uncanny likeness to the wizard boy himself.

Ian (TDG): lol me and Brendan (220man version) once played that exact same game. Took ages, but I eventually one by about 13 lives with my Marth. Lol, im not called BladeMarth for nothing!

I just typed this post offline in Word and copied it into the post at school! How cheap am I! Anyway,just thought id let youse know that, during the next 2 weeks, ill probably be on more often then usual coz of this thing going on at school, it mean well be on the computers for like everyday of 2 weeks! Although I won’t be on MSN, its blocked ... DARN 220MAN! His dad is the head of IT(computer stuff) at our school, so like he blocks everything lol! Its also a coincidence that 220man’s dad is also my computer studies teacher!!!!!!! LOL.

Sorry for being annoying, but do you guys like my NEW new sig? Is it better than the other one?
In the future, ill try to avoid huge annoying posts like this!

Hmm.. these title you guys speak of, do you mean like ‘best of a single character’? eg. Best Falco etc.? If so , I wanna somehow go for( even though I cant play youse!) best Zelda or Peach or Marth! I most definitely get my *** kicked by u tourney veterans though!

Im gonna add like all of u’s to msn if that’s ok.... SO um yeah.

Thanks for reading if u could be bothered..anyway ill stop blaabababerbebrebrebring now!

-BM.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
The gamecube was originally called Nintendo 128 before it was transfered to the project name of 'Dolphin'. 128 is 64 times 2. Not as cool as 64^3 !!!!!
BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN BASIL!?

I thought a few of the designs for the dolphine looked pretty cool, all spherical n ****, and am i tripping but did nintendo change the project name to "Shark" before it was dubbed the gamecube. i cant remember if that was an article or a rant.

But we dont want her staining the tournament we may be having.
nice choice of words :D

In regaurds to endurance, is there enough interest to make a Marathon Melee title or something, or do you think it would get rediculasly tedious. i suppose it wouldnt be too bad if we had a few cubes cranking at once, and i think if theres going to be marathons then they should most definatly be 4 player free for alls, simply because it will somehow even things up. (if the diff in skill is large in a 1on1, the lesser player is just plain going to get owned) and if its going to be official i think the stock should be around 50, 40 minimum, but 99 is just plain out of hand :crazy:
And imho said matches should be played on difficult or small stages (Big Blue, Flatzone) if its a marathon then i think the idea behind the title would be whos got the skillz to go the distance.
Tho im still up for friendly 99 stocks.

I say we start fishing around for cheap plane tickets.
Asolutly. also if theres seriously going to be a largish amount of people then we should look at some accomidation, perhaps some package deal thingamojanga would be cost effective if we could organise everyone. any suggestions? (backpackers hostel?)

Nice sig BM. cant beat my home-made paint.exe skillz but :p

Also, is there an official name for the Australian Tournement?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN BASIL!?
Look at mic's post...

*Rocking back and forth* It's begining.....it's spreading......the evil.....
Exactly :p

Tho im still up for friendly 99 stocks.
Lol, I used to do these in SSB, they were fun. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the patience now. :(

Also, is there an official name for the Australian Tournement?
Hmm, how about Worst Falco? Uber PAL? The Wizards of Oz? Or maybe we could simply call it OOOooOOooooOOOO!!!

I'm sorry... I'm just hyped about February. It's gonna be awesome.

Top Bottom