• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by BladeMarth

I’m ashamed to admit it, but I still can’t really wavedash, ive done it a couple of times.. but have never really got the hang of it. I just took the easy way out and convinced myself that’s its unimportant and I don’t need to use it LOL.
You aren't the only one. I can't wavedash, I've done some practice lately but I can't do it continuously like some others so to heck with it. Ken doesn't and he rules.

Ant: I'll have a copy of all of them if you can.:)

Sorry bud, but Tim and Chris are both busy this Saturday.
*Shakes fist in their direction*
Well, it IS Fathers day this weekend....

Dont worry, the kick in the butt comment was all in good fun. I wouldnt kick hard.
I'm not too worried about getting kicked in the butt.

Mic: I laughed when I saw that teacher...reminded me of this kid that we call Harry Potter at school, for his uncanny likeness to the wizard boy himself.
I have no idea what you mean.

Hmm, how about Worst Falco? Uber PAL? The Wizards of Oz? Or maybe we could simply call it OOOooOOooooOOOO!!!
All sound good except for "Worst Falco." Not everyone plays Falco.

Hehe smashboards is one of the few ‘non-curriculum’ sites that isn’t blocked.
Tsk tsk. You should be researching....stuff, not visiting SWF. Mind you., I should be researching jobs at the moment so I can't talk.

I can't think of a cool way to end this post so I'll

EDIT: I just found out that I'm the 25th highest poster! Cool!:D :cool:

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by rmusgrave:
Hey cool, tournament rules are beginning to be formulated. I say we start fishing around for cheap plane tickets.
I agree. We could probably get a good deal if we book with Virgin Blue. No meal, midnight flight, no movie, no drinks, but really cheap. Im pretty sure we will find a way to entertain ourselves for the duration of the flight.

Originally by Blademarth:
Matthew (cubed): hmmm, could someone even tell me what DC++ is? I bet you like everyone knows about it, whatever it is except me!
First of all, its Mathew, with one 't'. Before people start calling me Mattttthew, i know the jokes, they have been done to death. Second of all, DC++ is a file sharing software program that has been developed to share smash vids. There is a thread in Melee Disscussion about it, go find it yourself and follow the directions.

Thats all i can be bothered typing. Now i have to go back up all my files.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Heh, I have no problem with what you say if it isnt meant seriously BM. But still, think about what you say before you do. Look and see if you've got any smileys in the post. Can people tell? No matter. Not a bad sig either. But sigs lose meaning if they're as frequently changed as yours is.

Regarding 99 man melees, I did like maybe 2 of those ever on the 64. Long as **** and not really that interesting when you vs 3 cps. But I'm one of the people patient enought to go one if theres interest. And if theres more than 1 cube set up, then heck, theres no choice. We're doing one. I dont caer if I have to bring my own cube and vs 3 cps again. ^^

Or maybe we could simply call it OOOooOOooooOOOO!!!
YEHS! Yehs we could.

I'll send those files over sometime soon Mic, right now, I'm particularly lazy. If I see you on msn before I've gotten around to sending them, I'll whack em all in a text file and pop it through to you.

All sound good except for "Worst Falco." Not everyone plays Falco.
Exactly! So imagine how crap some of those Falco's out there are! ^_~

Im pretty sure we will find a way to entertain ourselves for the duration of the flight.
Shouldn't be hard, the flights only about 4hrs. All we did was listen to the onboard headphones, play GameBoy, stuff around. Time flew (no pun intended) pretty quick. No food drinks or movie, and a midnight flight hey? How much duz dat cost? 50c? :p Oh wel, Matttttttty, no worries. We all know you love it when we spell it with tttttttt's everywhere dont we Mattttttttttt?

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
i already posted this before but kenton accidentally closed the window so i have to type it all again, skipping all the formalities i posted before, here are the results:

1st: Josh (me)
2nd: Kenton (stitchface)
3rd: Bryce
4th: Ryan (rmusgrave)
5th: Mic (mic_128)
6th: Mat (cubed64)
7th: Brynne
8th: Jack

Thanks all for coming, well done to mic for getting better than last and beating mat (did some good combos vs me too)

Kenton: Smash tourney was fun, thanks to everyone who came. Special congratulations to mic who has not only improved but also beat mat, falco vs falco. Everyone has improved heaps. Brynne sucks he said he would come second *looks back at final results* so yea.. I have the ganondorf title as i beat mat when i don't even use him :freak:. So yeah, it was great fun and Ryan is real good too.

Bryce: Thanks everyone for coming and giving us a challenge, special mention to mic who placed 5th and improved heaps from last time. Brynne is annoying and yea... see kenton's.
Also, I won't be able to come to melbourne in feb due to school, sorry guys.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah, that was awesome. I can't wait for next tournament.

To Kenton: You did well today, and I was glad to keep up with you in the matches. It's good to see a shiek fearing Yoshi's dsmash :p

To Bryce: Stupid doc... I'll get my revenge someday, somehow... :)

To Mat: Hard luck today. You didn't do too badly, I just think it was me teaching Mic how to play Falco dittos. :D Oh well, good luck for next time.

To Josh: You have improved so much Josh. Either that, or my mind games have died a horrible, gruesome death. I could barely touch you today. Well done.

To Mic: Another well done, you did great. You beat Mat's Falco better than I did. You gave everyone a bigger run for their money than they expected. I'm proud of you grasshopper :)

To Brynne and Jack: You guys did good for the amount of exposure to this level of smashing. Well done.

And to you melbournites... I can't wait to vs u guys. I got owned today, and wanna get owned again.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hehehe.... Hoohoohohoooooo....... HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! OWNED MAT OOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Mic! I wish you were here just so I could give you the biggest non-Falcon hug a guy can give another guy. ^^ Good stuff guys. Glad you all went through with it. Great to see.

Wish you could come Bryce. Thats a shame.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Stop posting so fast lol!

anyway, mic i have no idea or cant remember what i was talking about, must a been, drunk, or playing melee r sumfin so just nm that.

SOunds like you guys had tonnes of fun at the tournament lol, fun fun and more fun....wish i coulda been there... (no im not quietly sobbing, ok!)

hope yous will have even more fun in february! (without me!)

yay , normal school over! haha all you ppl that have to work! more time for me to practice melee!! KHkHKEHKEHkehehe!

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Heh... I have until February to re-learn this game...

I cant for the life of me remember how to wavedash...

February is going to be sweet, cant wait.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Mic climbs ever higher in the books of Shaz. Way to go Mic, good to see you putting in some effort. You too Ryan, good work taking the time to help him out!
Mat, yeah, now you have some competition, so keep getting better. :)
Josh, GW.
Others from Perth also GW. :)

Plasia, you don't know how to wavedash and you think you can destroy me with Link?......Okay I'll have to remember to bring a wooden spoon for you when we vs so you can eat your words :p!!!!! Hehe, nah I look forward to vsin you. :)
hope yous will have even more fun in february! (without me!)
So there's no way yo're comin?
And to you melbournites... I can't wait to vs u guys. I got owned today, and wanna get owned again.
Can't wait...perhaps you can own us instead huh?

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
cool to see positivness from everyone in regaurds to the Perth Tourney, cant wait to vs some of you in melb.

as for the 99 stock, I was thinking 50 would be crazy but if 99 is what people want, you gotta give the people what they want.

and what about lightning melee? does anyone play much of that, as i would enjoy several rounds. normal melee almost feels slow after you play it for a week or so, its wierd, you go back to normal and you feel all Neo-ish cause things are happening half speed and its all SSCHOOOWWOOOOSHHHHH goes a thrown item past your dodged head.

in fact im sure it will probably happen and im just wasting time at work (YEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHAAAAYYYY) but a bunch of friendly special melees would be wonderful. perhaps if there enough interest tounreys for a few could be aranged with special rules i mean more comps more fun right?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
aw jeez guys. *Sniff* I love you guys! *Cries* Anyway, enough oscar stuff. I'm not gonna make a big deal about this.

AAAHHHHH! KICKED YOUR BUTTT MATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!oneone!eleven!!

Like I said, not a big deal. You were all pretty good, Josh, you just sucked. Beating everyone? How old. Try losing. Then you shal rule.:rolleyes: Now I'd better dash before I miss my Centerlink class on "The crap you should do but probably won't in order to find a job you'll hate but take to shut up centerlink" So yeh.

Jon: Stay away from me.:bee:

EDIT: I just remembered about the mind games. Ha! *Points at Bryce* Oh, and Lol's at Falcon.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, sorry Mic, it *has* to be done. YEHS!

I'll be waiting for yooooOOoOoouu when yOoOooou get to Melbourne lil boi! Daddy will Up-B you for goooOOoooOOd luck! YEHS!

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
yeah, sorry, but there is definately no way i can come unless i win lotto or sumthing. I find my self having to repeat that a lot....lol

I feel unworthy of being the creator of this topic where all of us aussie smashers post since i dont go to any tourneys.....:o ooo well.....

nice to see so many of u's on msn, as soon as i sign in, someone invites me into a convo! lol

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
Plasia, you don't know how to wavedash and you think you can destroy me with Link?......Okay I'll have to remember to bring a wooden spoon for you when we vs so you can eat your words :p!!!!! Hehe, nah I look forward to vsin you. :)
You think I'll just be sitting on my butt not re-learning this game?
$10 you dont 5stock me.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Thats a pretty dodgy wager. Anyone who plays as Marth really cant be 5 stocked by anyone, as long as they follow the golden rule of Marth. Spin the C-Stick! Teyt teyt teyt! Bound to be a ko hit in there somewhere. Cheap *** that he is.

How about a more interesting one that says $10 that you dont think he can win by 3 or maybe even 4 stock. Damage allowed (%) What about that eh? Hmm, I'll even get in on the action if thats the case. ^^

Booyah! Beware. :demon:

kupo

Smash Lord
Plasia: $50 says I'll beat you 2/3 matches.

Oh yes, I'm doing money matches in Feb. $20-$30
[2/3 Random, Neutral Levels, 4 stock]
Challenges accepted: Quetzacoatl

Anyone else up? > = ]

BM: You'll come here eventually...right? Regardless, you're still part of the Oz community. ;)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
You think I'll just be sitting on my butt not re-learning this game?
Not really....I'm more worried about you having to learn things most of us know like the back of our hand, and then having to catch up all the stuff we've been learning and polishing while you're learning to WD. I have nothing against you however, just I'm sick of being told I'm going to die to Link by everyone who can't back it up...perhaps you can, and that would be great to see. All the same why not build up to it?
$10 you dont 5stock me.
Considering we'll be playing 4 stock matches that's going to be one **** of a task. Unless of course you mean the 99 stock everyone is so sure is going to happen! :)
Anyone else up? > = ]
If your question applies to me I'll prob take part.
Anyone who plays as Marth really cant be 5 stocked by anyone
*cough*JAMES*cough*
LOL I choked doing the inf. yesterday when Jon was here...must've been the triangle eyes he and Immanuel where doing at the time.:bee:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by That Diablos Guy
He's right! We need a name!
Let's call it...
TSTST: The Super Terrific Smash Tourney
:rolleyes:
Why not The Super Shiney happy Mega Fun Smash Fest?

EDIT: We can now have MSN details in our Profile. The Main one, not the ones we just had posted.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
SDMLATBAGIANSWSTWCABHAPSBTOHSUAFO...T

Super Duper Miricle Love All The Boys And Girls In A Non-Sexual Way So That We Can All Be Happy Together And Play Smash Bros Untill Our Hands Shrivle Up And Fall Off... Tourney.

that was a bit silly wasnt it...

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
Not really....I'm more worried about you having to learn things most of us know like the back of our hand, and then having to catch up all the stuff we've been learning and polishing while you're learning to WD. I have nothing against you however, just I'm sick of being told I'm going to die to Link by everyone who can't back it up...perhaps you can, and that would be great to see. All the same why not build up to it?

Considering we'll be playing 4 stock matches that's going to be one **** of a task. Unless of course you mean the 99 stock everyone is so sure is going to happen! :)
When I said that about Link I was kind of high on caffeine, sorry, it happens once in a blue moon. I rarely play Link anyway, dunno what I was thinking.

A long time ago though, I was pretty **** good at Link, I remember KOing people off 1 boomer. But my memory of those days are a bit fuzzy due to a nasty period of depression.

I'm not to worried about catching up, I am #2 in the SCII community, only took me 4 months to do it. But, I'm guessing this community is going to be a harder nut to crack :D .

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Lol, a name IS needed... but i think that

Super Duper Miricle Love All The Boys And Girls In A Non-Sexual Way So That We Can All Be Happy Together And Play Smash Bros Untill Our Hands Shrivle Up And Fall Off... Tourney.

is a bit far, but funny nonetheless.

Kupo, probably, eventuallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly, i will come down there, but patients is a virtue!!!!

since were all in a gamlbing mood, i bet yous $3.35 that you could kick my ***, even if i had 2 lvl 9 comp on my team..... I'd love to do a 99 stock match, there so fun, especially if someone has to go to the toilet! :crazy:

edit: Love your new sig, TDG! God i love that show...

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Plasia
I'm not to worried about catching up, I am #2 in the SCII community, only took me 4 months to do it.
You can't seriously compare Smash to SC2. I have a friend who's a freak at fighting games such as SC and Bloody Roar, yet he can't beat me in Smash. :p

Originally posted by Kaydash
Lol. XD

Love your new sig, TDG! God i love that show...
Thanks. It's good to see another Iron Chef fan. XD

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Bleh, I dont win majority of our fights anyway Em, you can take your challenge elsewhere. As for a tournament name, argh stop it! Those suggestions are making my internal organs punch each other in protest. I havent got anything to suggest, but man oh man, that is some whack ****.

Also, where the **** is Mat? Hiding with his tail between his legs somewhere? Its OK Mat, we all still love you. Uhh.. as much as a daddy Can love a little boi anyway. ^^ YEHS!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Sorry about the no post time guys. Our computer was being a little girl after an encounter with Falcon, satisfied yet worn out.

Orginally by Blademarth:
yeah, sorry, but there is definately no way i can come unless i win lotto or sumthing. I find my self having to repeat that a lot....lol
Thats ok. Just punch 220man for us instead and we will call it even.

Originally by Kaydash:
Roflmfao ........ Man that was funny. But remember, it is up to the host city to make up the name. Just like i made up Eastern Invasion when the guys came over to Perth, and dont just call it Western Invasion.... that sounds crap and it is copying my brilliance.

Originally by Sabreant:
Also, where the **** is Mat? Hiding with his tail between his legs somewhere? Its OK Mat, we all still love you. Uhh.. as much as a daddy Can love a little boi anyway. ^^ YEHS!
Im still here, i just couldnt post for a while. Im glad to see Falcon has a special place in his spandex suit for me.......

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
i wonder if that is spandex.... hmmmmm

not a day goes by where those graphics dont make the space between my legs go damp. (pm me if you'd like to know the detail) ;-D

possibly something similar to the cricket ashes... just... the smashes... i dunno. like Mat mentioned, its up to the host city, and that is surely not me, so im just trying to suggest dumb things so that it makes whatever you guys decide to choose sound better. ^_^

me and TDG (or someone, cant remember who at the moment but im pretty sure it was him) have been discussing public awareness, just small things that could maybe encourage growth in the smash community and we figured the easiest, cheapest, most effective way to let people know a smash community exsists, would be simple (but cool) posters placed in places where gamers will see them on the off chance that somebody will be a smasher or just someone who likes a good tounrey. ive started designing a few simple ones and once they're better than ****-house i'll post them online somewhere, of course everyone else is free to make thier own and stuff but if youd like to put some up around your local community just let us know.

ps i hope your ready for some bowser head butts... XD

That Diablos Guy

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Kaydash
i wonder if that is spandex.... hmmmmm

not a day goes by where those graphics dont make the space between my legs go damp. (pm me if you'd like to know the detail) ;-D

possibly something similar to the cricket ashes... just... the smashes... i dunno. like Mat mentioned, its up to the host city, and that is surely not me, so im just trying to suggest dumb things so that it makes whatever you guys decide to choose sound better. ^_^

me and TDG (or someone, cant remember who at the moment but im pretty sure it was him) have been discussing public awareness, just small things that could maybe encourage growth in the smash community and we figured the easiest, cheapest, most effective way to let people know a smash community exsists, would be simple (but cool) posters placed in places where gamers will see them on the off chance that somebody will be a smasher or just someone who likes a good tounrey. ive started designing a few simple ones and once they're better than ****-house i'll post them online somewhere, of course everyone else is free to make thier own and stuff but if youd like to put some up around your local community just let us know.

ps i hope your ready for some bowser head butts... XD
You're up early, Kaydash. Yeah, I'm Diablos on MSN. :p
How's that "Smash Wants You!" poster with master hand coming along? I wanna use that one.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
yeah pretty sweet, its a little odd but because the uncle sam posters have a big patriotic face on them and master hand has... well Crazy hand i guess, but its still shaping up alright.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Kaydash:
Hmm, that would be a good idea but, there arent many people out there who play smash as seriously as the people here do. If you can whip up a few of these cool posters, im sure we could put them up at stores like Electronics Boutique and Ultimate Games. Im for it but we dont want a mass flood of n00b's turning up. We already have enough of those in Perth *looks at brynne, jack, glenn and james*

Originally by TDG:
How's that "Smash Wants You!" poster with master hand coming along? I wanna use that one.
lol, that would be a great idea. We could have that as the feature and at the bottom we could have directions to get to this site then this thread and we could go from there.

Its Falcon-tastic!!!

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
yeah, the SWF url and what not was definatly going to be at the bottom, and I can see what your saying about noobs, but im thinking if we just put some contact details on the posters with the SWF link.. er url, then at least we can sort of sift out the lamers, (save them just rock up to tourneys like "h3y I M gud l3ts smash!") and im thinking maybe we could set up a small site for the aus smash community and cheaply link it to SWF as the forums so that the site would be relativly low maintainance, containing pretty much just "whats on where" and an Aus Smasher Registry, ala you need to be registed to be at a tourney.

and if theres enough interest (big IF) then considering a venue would be a legitimate option (my money would be on somewhere like a community centre, somewhere non-commecial so that it may be free or at least not pricey, of course theres gonna be details but meh for now) perhaps even include a tiny entry fee to cover it.

all this is MAYBE and PERHAPS but I'd really love to see this sort of stuff in motion, even if it only leads to a small increase in players it would still be cool.

anyhow, let us know what you think and if anyone got any ideas.

-

The Dash

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And then they read that we hate n00bs and then they never post and good god, I'm late for my weiner course.
1. The Super happy..ect name is "teh Sux0r5"
2. I thought everyone came up with Eastern Invasion?
3. Uh........:confused:

Calvo

Smash Rookie
Hey people :)

Some of you may remember me when I made a few posts here a while ago as the bloke from brisbane who lives in kalgoorlie during the uni holidays.

As my uni year is winding up, I thought I'd try and find out what kind of stuff is happening regarding smash in perth as some vague memories are telling me that perth is mostly where it's at for smash in australia :)

So anyway, not having the time to backtrack through 50 or so pages worth of posts before my next class, would someone be able to give me a rundown on what to look foward to when I get back to Kalgoorlie, and also if any tournaments are happening in brisbane.

Ta :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey! I know you!
Yeh, Perth sems to have the largest group of good smashers. Anyway, generally once a month we have a Smashfest but Quetza is the guy for setting dates as it's his house they're held at. What you can expect however is mass defeat by peach. I hate Peach, but in the same way I hate Falcon. Good ol Falcon.

Brisbane-I have no idea.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Sorry, i dont remember you Calvo, where about do you live in Brisbane?i live way on the northside....

Sorry about my loggin out of msn so suddenly.. I got disconnected, ran out of interent time- i have 5 hours of internet a week which i must share with my brother! its so frustrating, im almost in tears....:mad: :o :(

hehe im posting from school..heh im such a rebel.....

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Hey Calvo, nice to see a QLD face pop up. Im in townsville but would be turbo up for a roadtrip to brissy for a tourney. however i dont really think theres enough smash players there to make a decent one, as far as i know theres me, Blade_Marth and his friend. but we're working on that right now ^_^

which give me an idea, i mean it may be tottally point less but would it be out of the question to put some posters up on your uni notice board. i guess the IT buildings or whereever the geeks hang out would be the best places. but it looks like if we want a decent QLD smash community we're going to have to forge one.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

hehe im posting from school..heh im such a rebel.....
About 3/4 of my posts were during school.
Kaydash, I'd say that's a good idea. UWA has a good community of smashers due to ....well uni.
Oooh! One more post and this topic has 1280 posts! Argh!

Top Bottom