• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Its some loser game he made up to fill the void in his pathetic life. McFox has already given him 5 warnings at once. Ignore the ***.

Hey Zan, unfortunately my best day of the week is Friday, and night too. But I still have Tuesday free, like Em said. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday are still packed with TAFEy goodness however, and my weekends look bleak. I work every Sunday evening 5-10 and every Saturday, usually 1-6, 5-10 and sometimes (like this week) from 9am-6pm. Holdidays aren't far away though, so thats good news. I believe we get 3 weeks of them. I'll try to talk to mum sometime soon and see what she has to say about a date I can go out on for the whole day. Ofcourse, I have to fit in with her master plan. Nuts to that. I'll just tell her I'm going out, take her keys and then run for it! :p

"AaaaaAaaaRrrrGgggggGGHhhhH! NANA!" - Cory.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Swarm's Ghost, why? Couldn't you have done something other than insults?

Is your life so sad that all you can do is discuss math problems?
Yep. ^^ j/k.

ill be coming to the tourney and ill bring the VCR.
So, who's bringing the extra cube? I'll volunteer mine, if no one else will. And are we only doing the tournament on the one TV? Because that's the only way that we're going to be able to record on one VCR...

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be right.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by rmusgraves:
So, who's bringing the extra cube? I'll volunteer mine, if no one else will. And are we only doing the tournament on the one TV? Because that's the only way that we're going to be able to record on one VCR...
I always bring the VCR, its my job. Remember last time ow we were recording the matches, that was my VCR. I dont think we will need another cube. Last time we got through the tourney rather well and it is fun to have everyone watching the same match.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
There is a LAN cafe in Hawthorn known as iBisQ. They have a seperated section set up with PS2s and X-Boxes. If we enquire about testing the waters with Smash
Been thinking the same about N2C.

Jon and Shaz have day offs on Tuesday and Friday til the end of term.
Nah, just next Tuesday off now...then work performance after that. We're lucky to have had so many off as it is.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
QUEENSLAND

Ok, anyone who lives in Queensland and is serious about getting together for some turbo-smashage Id love to hear names,

Im gonna be abitious and try to get a serious tournement happening, there has to be at least a few serious smashers in every town. I have 10 or so friends who would be up for entering so theres no doubt there will be players. all i need now is more competition.

If there is ANY AT ALL serious interest i will provide PRIZE MONEY, and possibly financial assistance in terms of travel expences.

i really want to stress how eager i am for some serious meleeing.

if anyone knows of already organized event ANYWHERE in australia please let us know.

also if no one knows any tourneys that are running, does anyone want to help me set one up? If theres enough support i would have no problem with organising possibly a smash tour, that will travel to each state and have a comp with the winners playing in a inter-state final. of course there would be multiple events (free for all, team, even coin and bonus (why the **** not?))

i havnt been able to find an australian smash bros community site, if one exsists please let me know, if one doesnt, does anyone else wish to help me set one up?

i. need. to. smash. someone.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
You came to the right place if you're looking for an active smash community. Only problem is that we dont know many people up your way, so not much help there. The majority of us are in Melbourne and Perth. We did actually travel to Perth for the 1st ever Australian smash tournament. But it was a little expensive. Your suggestion of help with travel costs is enticeing. How much help? I'd definitely come up if the price was right ^^ So would my other comrades I believe. 4 of us here in Melbourne, that I know would come. Good to hear from you.

kupo

Smash Lord
Sounds Cool. I don't mind going unless friends are going along. It would be badass if the Perthites could come along too.

Date? Prefably sometime earlier than December.

ABSOLUTELY NO FFAS IN TOURNEYS EVAR.

K thx byeeee.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
W00t!!! Man, that was one far out msn convo. I dont want to create any advanced speculation, but after a lot of talk, we may, and i say MAY, be coming to melbourne. Kaydash, sorry mate, but if you want to play any real competition, plan to come to melbourne with the rest of us!!! (and stay away from cella.) ANyway, this may or may not be happening in Feburary of 2005, so there is a lot of planning to do in between. So no one get to excited, but keep it in mind.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
My VCR > Mat's. What do you mean stay away from Cella? He'd be allowed to meet and talk to her. Just like you were. Know your place, where this is clearly not. :p I think FFA tourney's are doable, just so long as not much emphasis is put on it. Or credibility. We all know Cella could tip us all when we're not looking ^_~

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by rmusgrave
It'd be better if we all went to Melbourne IMO...
Yeah. That'd rule......need money......

And for the record, the guy with the maths problem? Ever heasr of Ex-Admin Xadapadex? He wanted to get banned and has gone on a Spamming spree.

Note: Page 2 = not good.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Yeah Zan n2c does!

Yeah Perth come hither.

Yeah QLD if anyone else wants to join Kaydash, then come!

Mat, you are a tool!

Anyone who wants to vs a good Falco avoid crap Falco MAT!

Jon is getting faster at smash slowly :).

Emily is STILL a choker! (her Peach is getting better though)

Quez, come defend ure title.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I'm prepared to go. If everyone else is coming, I will.

Shaz: Yfou aare a fagg. :p

My only problem will be NTSC!!! I don't want to face Shiek's chain throw!!! *cries*

Meh, I can't wait...

Must...

make...

post...

bigger...

to justify...

sig...

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Spammers. Shaz, I agrfee witah Rygan. Lol, that crap is so lame. Good cheap laughs. Yes I'm getting faster, but I'm also thinking less, turning into old school Emily XD Lol but honestly we're all still getting better bit by bit, its quite encouraging to hear these things however. So good on you too ^^

Zan, I honestly would try to organise something with you, but you'll find things will work out better if you try to organise with us. You have my mobile and possbily, my home number aswell. Give me a call sometime and let me know what free time you have. I have said my schedule a couple times, but if you need reminding, then ask. Other than that, its up to you for now. You seem to be busier than me and Shaz. Btw, me and him have Fridays free atm. Just fyi. I know Friday is gay for you.

You Perth fellas better come over, or else you're getting everyones hopes up for no reason :p I for one would love to see you all again, well the important ones of you anyway ^_~ Start saving asap and planning soon also. Ryan, I know you will come, as will Josh, (please convince Kenton, we all want a piece of him ^^) and Mat, you sounded fairly certain. So all please come!

*Edit* LMFAO! Check out the updated Leader Board for Round 2 of the Super Challenge at "www.nintendo.com.au". Hehehe, look at the 2nd player from the bottom, its a pokemon! I choose you Emi-chu! ^^

*Edit2* It seems that our favourite pokemon is also competing at the Jam Factory Super Challenge.. wtf?

*Edit3* I just thought I'd share this with you all.... ^^

-Jon

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Orginally by Cronos_Rainbow:
Mat, you are a tool!
Yeah, a nail gun!!!

Anyone who wants to vs a good Falco avoid crap Falco MAT!
Dont make me do a Mic on you.

Originally by Sabreant:
You Perth fellas better come over, or else you're getting everyones hopes up for no reason I for one would love to see you all again, well the important ones of you anyway ^_~ Start saving asap and planning soon also. Ryan, I know you will come, as will Josh, (please convince Kenton, we all want a piece of him ^^) and Mat, you sounded fairly certain. So all please come!
Dont worry, im pretty sure we will all be coming over, at least me and josh anyway. We spoke to kenton about the idea and he turned into a little whinging girl. Ill be coming, definately, i wouldnt miss that opportunity. We should be ok for money. Ill start job hunting as soon as i get back from leavers (and my hangover passes). Josh is going somewhere for a while (myanmarr?) but we will sort it out.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
*Edit* LMFAO! Check out the updated Leader Board for Round 2 of the Super Challenge at "www.nintendo.com.au". Hehehe, look at the 2nd player from the bottom, its a pokemon! I choose you Emi-chu!
rofl! took me a couple tries to figure out where to go, but totally worth it XD [throws pokeball]

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Just FYI guys, our arch nemesis Rachel McQueenie (I'm pretty sure that's that cheapass blue shell girl from the MKart comp) is bringing it home for a nice batch of revenge a la butt-kickin in the superfinal. Just hopin she doesn't luck out again in the final! (Such as a starman, blue shell, serial gaps or anything to do with 1080!)
Emily Chu? I see Emily Cuu :S.
Mat-sandwich, your Falco stands no chance to my Fox, so don't be thinkin you're comin here for revenge or anything crazy like that!
Josh-burger, I'll still own you in grudge matches if we're to have some tourny you Peach your way through again. I can't have a Peach be the best in Aus now can I?
Kenton-hold-the-onion, bring your top-tier self and your helmet-wearing sexy muscular brother over for a meet, Emily is eager to test her Sheik ditto, Jon his Falcon, and me my Ness vs Dahddy!
Mic-cheese-stick, if you come, be warned I will slap your biatch-*** if you use that mannerism stuff.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
lmao, very nice food anology there shaz. Very funny. BTW, whatever happend to that RPG thing you were working on? Is it finished/in production/so crap you dont want to show anyone??

CATS

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the nintendo super challenge thing and i was trying to make Rachel McQuennie take 4th place in mario kart but the MC wouldn't randomly select me in the same race as her.

i'm gonna try for getting in the same match in melee and owning her there.

whoever matches up with me in melee is gonna die, and i'm gonna make them die good :D

also i forgot to ask, but is there anywhere that you can compete with others in SSBM in melb? cause i so wanna fight someone good and see how i go against them.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
LOL!
My RPG isn't crap at all...it really rocks IMO and in Cellas too.
Yeah, just debugging it and fine tuning so it isn't too hard for you slackers :p!
Hey CATS....I'm more than willing to play smash with you. I'm sure SabreAnt, Kupo and my fiancee will play too. Oh, and confirm something for us, is Rachel McQueenie that little girl who came like second in the MK:DD tourny last time at Knox?
I hope you're pretty **** good at smash to be saying that stuff CATS...As a brief reason why, read my sig :cool:
Also note we've had out of state and international competition, so we've got a heap of exp. on our side to boot.
MY RPG WILL OWN YOU ALL! (especially you Mat!) Yeah it's good :)

*EDIT* CATS, add me to ure MSN if you use it. omnimetrix@hotmail.com

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
Im pretty sure I can come to Melbourne, although Bryce definitly cant.I just have to get through TEE and get a job and it should be cool. Should be good versing the people I didnt get to verse last time (John, Kupo) and playing shaz with shiek not peach. As for the ditto, Ill probably lose. Oh yeah, Ive being making an RPG too. I started ages ago, but unfortunately I havent had much time to work on it.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
OMG you're alive! LOL!
Good to hear you're likely able to come! Shame bout Bryce though.
How far away from finishing your RPG are you? Don't feel bad about taking ages with it, I'm still going and I started 2.5 years ago!
I wouldn't mind playing any character of yours to be honest. Just as long as it isn't on that DK stage for a decider :p (**** no edges and barrel bad-luck!) lol.
Whether you're confident to vs EMily or not it'll still be good to watch IMO.
Looking forward to you guys coming (providing you don't chicken out of it.)

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
HI EVERYONE!!!!!
ahhh, its good to be back!

I can't believe my topic has lasted this long! I havent read all the pages in the middle so i don't know half of you's except for Cronos! Anyway, just thought i'd let u's know im still alive (yet again :D ). I don't play melee all that much since i got soul calibur 2, but i still enjoy the odd zelda killing spree!
I still can't believe how many posts this topic has, last time i checked , there were like 12 pages!:eek:

Anyway, i hope you people continue to ask: Australian Tourney?

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
sorry about double post! i just started reading all the stuff i missed!

I have to say im very sorry that i havent been around, and as to Sabreant's remark about beating me, u probably could, but you'd definatley have to open your eyes to do it!

If you guys want me to change the topic, tel what u's want it changed to and how i do it

Thanks!

Ps: i hope i dont find anymore mean stuff written about me!:p
And those adds are really annoying!:confused: And whats this RPG thing on the side!? looks like fun!

ANd what is FTS?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey BladeMarth....
Yeah don't stress SabreAnt is a fulltime jerk so don't think what he says matters half the time :p
Yeah, don't worry about the name change, it's been settled. Note that there isn't a '?' anymore.
We've pretty much all come a LOOOONG way when it comes to smash while you've been gone. Melbournites have gone to Perth, Perth has formed a group and play regular tounies, Cory (as in the MD moderator guy here at smashboards) has come here to Melbourne.....and of course we've practised and played hard.
All the same if you're still into smash enough to play with others, check into it because slowly but surely more and more aus smashers are emerging, perhaps there are some near you.
Hope to see you posting more here in the future.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by CATS
I'm in the nintendo super challenge thing and i was trying to make Rachel McQuennie take 4th place in mario kart but the MC wouldn't randomly select me in the same race as her.

i'm gonna try for getting in the same match in melee and owning her there.

whoever matches up with me in melee is gonna die, and i'm gonna make them die good :D

also i forgot to ask, but is there anywhere that you can compete with others in SSBM in melb? cause i so wanna fight someone good and see how i go against them.
Heh, I'm know how to play at least. PM me and maybe we can get together. I live a little way into the northern suburbs if that helps. :)

edit: Just to add. Jon and Shaz, when do you hols start?
Tuesday for me is a full uni day followed by student radio, and... well... yeah... Friday is a big suck. :(

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by BladeMarth
ANd what is FTS?
FTS is our Perth tournaments. We figured since there were all these tournaments like Flame of Bowser(FoB) and Game Over (GO) etc, we should name ours. So, there it is, the 'Fear the Stitchface' tournaments.

OOoooOOOooOOOO!!! Possible catchup with beasleej in my uni hols. We'll see.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
yeah i think i'm pretty good at melee, only have lost on a few one off occasions.. but then again i've only played the people who live in the suburbs around me and my friends friends.

i live in the eastern suburbs ;)

yeah that McQueenie girl is some weirdo who thinks she is the greatest thing around, she sits 2 seats to the left of me lol.
She was having a whinge about if items weren't on no one would be any competition for her in mario kart, but to a degree she is right because only she, my brother and myself actually blue sparked and took the shortest course around the track. Either way, melee is where my greatest ability lies and i can't wait for the 29th to come.

kupo

Smash Lord
whoever matches up with me in melee is gonna die, and i'm gonna make them die good
I see a challenge. I'll see you there Cats.

Yeah, add me to if you use MSN - ddrmaniac13@hotmail.com

Hmm, I want a match with that Rachel in Melee [1vs1s/no items/FD/ against my Peach/Sheik]. Top Tier Baby!

well... yeah... Friday is a big suck
Aww, Zanny darlin', work over over smash? =/
What time do you finish work?

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo
Aww, Zanny darlin', work over over smash? =/
What time do you finish work?
I go straight from Uni to work at 5 and finish at midnight. :(

Blah... I give up, I haven't used msn since I came to live in Melbourne, but pressure from my gf means that it's open on a daily basis so...

bloodshot128 _at_ hotmail.com

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
Thanks for the summary, cronos. Anyway, my strange absence! The main reasons were schoolwork, internet problems, and my purchasing soul calibur 2. I love that game, tho its not as good as melee, anyone else here play it? My favourite character is Talim!Anyway better stop talking about a non melee game, might get in trouble.

I'm so desperate for new melee competition(& soul calibur2!). Im sick of beating my friend, i think his name here is 220man, over and over again, hes so predictable, Marth jump attack, Marth counter, attempted Marth across B combo! after a while, he just gets annoying!

how did that wierd FTS abbrev. come about? Stictchface? Weird!

I hope more Aussies, and more importantly, more QUEENSLANDERS join this forum. :)

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
I play Soul calibur 2. I use Yoshimitsu and Voldo.I really dont know if Im good or not. Cronos, Im still scripting all the timebar, attacking etc. and the characters are just squares but soon it will turn into a Harry Potter RPG. Its gonna rock.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Raaaachel Douglas Charles McQueenie of Blue-Shell town

BMarth, don't mention it :)
Zan, I think our holidays starts on 17th of the 9th.
Rachel McQueenie....lol...it's funny! She's become a topic of discussion...haha.
CATS, I'm looking forward to vsing you, and someday soon hopefully. Oh yeah, and is Rachel McQueenie fat and came second at MK last year or whenever it was, or is she thin?
OOoooOOOooOOOO!!! Possible catchup with beasleej in my uni hols. We'll see.
Good to see you're Falcon influenced now Ryan :)
A HPotter RPG ehh? Hope you don't forget to unsquarify the characters before it comes out! :p Otherwise keep it comin.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by BladeMarth
how did that wierd FTS abbrev. come about? Stictchface? Weird!
You obviously haven't vs'd an excelent Peach who pulls a stitch out have you? I'm looking for work now to save up and go with the others to get my butt served to me on a platter.....what's wrong with me?
bloodshot128 _at_ hotmail.com
And another 128 sighting. Damit! Stop using that number! It's evil! *Doesevilism*
Oh and Em, have you seen my maps *yet*?

EDIT: And another crew meetup today. Yay for practise!

CATS

Smash Journeyman
Rachel i think is thin and has no sense of fashion.
her sister is fat.

mewtwo looks like a cat don't you think?

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
MY LIFE FINALLY HAS PURPOSE!

for years ive been wandering this pilgrimage of gamerhood with only my immidiate friends to journey with, now i have found my true calling, to beat the **** out of you lot. XD

If the tourney is on in Perth, in Feb, I will be there, and i will (attempt to) lay my Shiek/Game&Watch/Samus hurt upon you.

O'course i'll probably end up travelling a few good hundred k's to have the absolute **** torn thru me, but thats fine with me.

PS many game & watch'ers here?

:beezo: heheh Shy Guy... heh

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
If the tourney is on in Perth, in Feb, I will be there, and i will (attempt to) lay my Shiek/Game&Watch/Samus hurt upon you.
I think you're a little mixed up. There is a tourney in melboune in feb hopefully. There is a tourney in Perth in 2 weeks time. It would be great if you could come. I use Shiek and game&watch too.:p

Top Bottom