• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fox's recovery isn't longer in NTSC, it just feels that way because he's heavier and doesn't get knocked out as far. Also, the Up Smash is also the same in both version.

And if you think NTSC>PAL, then just wait till you play Sheik vs almost anything in NTSC, you'll understand. Both me and Rune pretty much dropped Sheik like a brick when we started playing NTSC.

Also, cool to see that Australia can stand up to Cory! Shows that you guys are pretty good. I'll be looking forward to some vids.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Cory is a very good smasher. He beat most of my better characters other than my main, which I was thankful for. The matches were close too, so that was exciting. Here's a brief summary of myself vs Cory only.

Me - Him

DK vs IC - he won, small margin, he was at last stock at medium %
CF vs IC - he won, smaller margin, I sded on Rainbow Ride, he @ last stock high %
Gdorf vs IC - he won, medium margin, I miffed my 1st stock, he was at 2 stock medium %
Link vs IC - he won, small margin, Bora plays Link.. Cory was at last stock medium %
Samus vs IC - I won, medium margin, Samus is my main, I was proud to win main vs main. I won with 2 stock at low %

Thats all for now. I really didnt play many 1 on 1's, thats most of them in front of you. He's pretty good at Team matches, but only when using Falcon ^^ OOOoOoOooOoooooOOoOOoOO!!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Fox's recovery isn't longer in NTSC, it just feels that way because he's heavier and doesn't get knocked out as far. Also, the Up Smash is also the same in both version.
His UPB is longer by one puff of flame (You can see by the distance Fox moves out of the end of the move that it's different.). You can see it when you compare them, for instance in BtT, and I tested it on Pokemon stadium to be sure. Besides my spacing was thrown off many times with it, so unless I'm a major choker I'm pretty sure it's longer.
As for the Up smash, it may do the same damage and knockback as ours, though comparitively it's different due to all the other smashes being way stronger...like Foxs fsmash....from 17% PAL to 24% NTSC, It makes the up smash less powerful, as is Falcos, which is **** good, though doesn't seem it next to his other smashes.

The vids are for the most part average looking compared to other matches which werent recorded though :(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wah! NTSC can go to *** mode while PAL can't. I always wanted to hear them in ***, and see if Marth and Roy's taunt is in english! *Gets funny looks from everyone* What? Anyway, It sounds like you guys are really giving Cory a run for his money.

I say: Cory is a gahy fhag coz he uses my name (Shaz) on the vids lol. so when u see them dont get confused
Are there vids of 2 Shaz's? And what's CORY's oppinion on PAL?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, I was wondering if Cory's gone and shown off his uber mod powers to you guys yet?

Really, I just wanted to see my new sig.

Oh well.

First weekly catch up with me crew today, so I might edit later.

Until then, l8r y'all! :)

EDIT:

Best Fox in Southern Hemisphere
No doubt about it. Hmm, makes me wonder if I've got the best Yoshi...

EDIT 2: Hmm, did Cella plan on using her recently acquired screen name? Or has she disappeared off the face of the earth again? :p

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
No doubt about it. Hmm, makes me wonder if I've got the best Yoshi...
True until proven otherwise my friend. I have the best Samus this side of the equator for that matter. :D We are giving Cory some good old fashioned ownage Aussie style, but he can hold his own in certain circumstances. ie his Doc vs my Luigi on Fourside ^^ I got owned. But hey, I dont claim to good with Luigi :rolleyes:

He has commented positively on our playstyles, well more specifically Shaz and Em's, which is the most interesting. Me and Cella are probably more underestimated at times. ^_~ Oh and in case I havent said it already, he is good at FFA, but only average when not using Falcon. :D Eat that Texan! lol jk

We are all still having lots of fun and smash has gotten renewed vigor, more than it had before. Similar to the feeling that developed whilst we were in Perth. Smash just didnt get boring! We met up today (Cory Shaz Immanuel Emily and myself) at Em's place and smashed it up..... the game not her house. ^^ Was fun, and tomorrow we're all going to the city for a barrel on fun. That will kick *** too.

Hope everything goes well for your 'crew' Ryan. Let us know if any interesting developments occur. Not that I needed to tell you that. Spammer :p

Only kidding ;)

Ciao.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Sounds great man. It's nice to be getting updates on whats going on, and it's a shame that I can't be there. This week is likely to be the busiest all semester for me as Manifest is this coming weekend, and I have a list of things to larger than I can handle :(

Good news is I should be able to get back into some actual gaming after that, instead of organising for other people to play games. :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hmm, makes me wonder if I've got the best Yoshi...
I have the best Samus this side of the equator for that matter.
There's a crew from Sydney who used to post on gamefaqs and some other boards that I cant remember what they're called who have a Yoshi, Samus, Jigglypuff and Flacon/Gdorf....so you'd have to vs them I'd suppose. Hopefully the Super Challenge can pull out another Fox who can give me a run for my money, coz the only other person I've heard of was a Fox who had a better time for BtT than I do (not hard lol) but he doesn't play Fox as a main or alt, just likes BtT. By saying I'm the best Fox in the southern hemisphere, my real aim is to make someone else say "bull**** I am" and come try to prove it more than anything. All the same the only reason I bother to say that now is coz I can beat Ems Fox....and that's no easy task. SO...yeah, I encourage everyone to play for titles, and then when we all get together again play for titles between us. Until someone else openly says they're better we don't know otherwise so yeah....and it's not like I'm hiding that I think I'm the best. Follow my lead my friends :)

Zan...I look forward to vsin u again sometime.

Cella's been busy working and busy on the weekends with Coro here so she hasnt had a chance to use the net. Otherwise she will post again after Coro's gone and some free time pops up. (**** popups)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by SabreAnt

Hope everything goes well for your 'crew' Ryan. Let us know if any interesting developments occur. Not that I needed to tell you that. Spammer :p
Hey! I thought I was the only Spammer here! Oh well. *Doesspamerism*

The "Crew" went prety well. My Falco managed to pull wins against Mothy and.....has Chris registered?...but when a certain Yoshi poked his face into the scene.....Falco ate some omlets. Some nice free-for-alls and some outragous teams. "We're team Marth!" "Well we're....team...fire based attacks!"
Basiclly, Yoshi pwned all. :(

EDIT: Yehs! Level up! musgrave I wanna challenge you again!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
EDIT: Yehs! Level up! musgrave I wanna challenge you again!
Lol, I've levelled too, and with your gil (thanks very very much :) ) I have a new spell... be warned.

We also need a name for our 'crew', considering that the josh/mat/kenton/bryce 'crew' are probably still called the Smashers of the Apocolyspe...

Oh well, just throw in some ideas.

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
smashers of apocalypse... nah i don't like the name, we aren't good enough for a name like that...

mic, practice some short hop lasering techniques, it might help you do better against ryan

I claim best peach in the southern hemisphere, i might claim some others later :D

Em, try and come online so I can talk to you and cory!
Did you give Cory his card?

Next tourney is being aimed at the 4th or 5th of September, let me know what suits you best. Next time we can set up another TV too so yea..

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
mic, practice some short hop lasering techniques, it might help you do better against ryan
He's practicing it. I think I need to show him how though.

W00T!!!1 I'm a Bojinkan!

Hmm, this feels like spam.

Oh, shaz, you said before that you managed to find out how to make Mario and Doc make noises when they hit with a grab or something? How did you do that exactly?

Ok, over and out all.

(And sorry for the spam)

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Aha! A milestone 1000 posts. Woohoo. Big cheer..... and... we're done.

Ok, seriously though I've got to say how good its been to have had Cory in Melbourne, I think we'll see him once more before he goes home, so yeah, more news tonight probably. I'm at TAFE atm, so is Shaz and Imm.

Before anything gets out of hand, you Perth guys, just calm down with the 'best ____ in Aus' stuff, yeah, it was pretty much a joke, but only thing is, Shaz wants to let you know that he is the best Fox and the only one who comes close is Em, who he can beat consistently. And shes no push over. He'd tell you himself, but there are no computers available. Basically, Mat, dont even bother saying best Falco in S/Hemisphere, and Mic, if you say you have te best Link, I'll throw my boomerang at you from here! Josh IS the best Peach as far as we know, and Ryan may well be the best Yoshi, but we'll see by DEC? ^_~

Cool, ok now thats done, direct all flaming at Shaz :p I dont care. I wanted this post to be in here so now I'm just filling space. I want to post in MBR and stuff now so thats all folks.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1. Congrats Sabre! Yay! Zzzzzzzzzzz...........
2. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
3.Zzzz...Wha? Oh yeh. I'm the best Link in the Southern Hemisphere! *Looks around for a boomerang* Nah...I suk at Link now. Josh as best peach? Glen more like! *Gets shocked by PC* Ok....maybe not.
4. Go musgrave! That's Zap's clan isn't it?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Ah dont worry jon, i would never claim to be the best player of any character.

Im in history now and im as bored as ****.

Goodbye cory and safe flight etc..... Chat to you over MSN later on.

Bye all.

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
Tell her I said hi. =P
hi to you too ;)
i got 2 minutes so basically coro gets 'cella'd as cory would put it, or tipped as i would put it. one on ones i get almost owned but still a good fight i think (haven't had the chance to practice), anyway yes his ICs are really cheaply good, i love cheapness so good on ya coro you own me!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Fhag.. you think OOoOoO can beat Knee? Come on! Ah, me and Cory were having a fagtastic time today, making fun of Captain Falcon and Ganondorf's bulge is so much fun. Especially when it involves pausing and zooming in LOL! Good times. The triforce of gay owned Shaz and Imm, partly because team attack was off ^^;;*one grabs Sheik, other Volcano's* Hahahahaaaa...

OMG, I cant believe how much you wrote Immanuel! That is soo spamriffic. I'm reporting you to a mod! Write less next time. And battle me more, my stats like it ;) Oh yeah, Mat I'm not worried about you claiming titles, its Shaz that wanted me to pass on the message.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
partly because team attack was off
And other partly because Shaz stood at the edge and died in one hit the first two lives then mammal man for the last one, leaving Immanuel on his own vs two giant bulges :eek:
As for Mat, he can see some matches soon. Jon's ganna have to go through them and sort the good from the bad. I'll prob help though coz he'll be biased to say one UpB makes a match worth while....so I'll be there to assure him that it is! :D Otherwise I mean no offence saying you guys aren't all the best in the SH, just I can't really see the point of us all saying it if we know for instance Kenton and Emily both play Sheik, and making the decision even between just those two would be hard without them actually vsing, so I hope you can see my point.
Cory overall was a fine fit into our group smashwise. He has the skill, he had the Falcon sense of humour, and he had cheap tendencies like the rest of the group cept me :bee: Why must I be the only noble one you jerks...I dunno you get me shine spike happy sometimes *shivers*.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Lol, Shaz you F-HAG. Nah, dont listen guys :D he was trying his heart out, but he died to CROTCH POWER! Lol. Nah what he said.

Pandemonium: How soon is soon? (I'm in Melbourne)

Pandemonium

Smash Rookie
Depends. Maybe a few days, or weeks, maybe a month at the outside. It really comes down to when my house if free. I'm working on it. I'll probably have an answer sometime next week.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Ok well thats cool, but dont get too worked up or anything, because I aint just about to jump on a bus for 16 hrs or anything. :p Just checking in case it was in the more distant future. Like end of the year for example. Most of us in here are from Perth or Melbourne. Not that many Sydney players, although I do believe Nesis is from Sydney. Contact him by PM or something. He might be able to come, and bring a couple friends.

nesis

Smash Cadet
*reads "tourny" and "sydney" in the same page*

O_O

*goes into hysterics*

O_o Invite me! Good God, INVITE ME! >_O

... Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure there are people who could come if I told them ^^

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Ffffag. Well we had the 2nd Round of the Nintendo Super Challenge (Gaming on the big screen) *rubs it in* today. Was pretty **** good. Although it actually ended a lot earlier than last week for some reason. Before 12 even. Anyway, we played Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and it was good. I actually knew what I was doing this time! As opposed to last October in the promotional thing. Pfft. Gay.

Anyhoo here's how we all did
Shaz - Heat One, 1st - Heat Two, 2nd
Emily - Heat One, 3rd - Heat Two, 3rd
Me - Heat One, 1st - Heat Two 1st

Heh I was pleased with my results, but somehow I think my groups were slightly easier. Bad luck Em, who got screwed over pretty good in her races. Oh well, you can make up for it in smash, just like you said! ^^

After all that jazz we went back to Shaz's for a while and Smashed it up. The game not his house. Good fun too. Pity I had work at 5, and my bro is also a camera *****. Thats right! I took his camera to the cinema and snap, snap, snap! Photos will be available soon I guess. Well the good ones anyway. I have tafe early tomorrow, so I better be off to bed now, but at least Fridays are free now, up until next term!! W00t!

Ciao :D

Thought of the day: Who's the d1ckhead who says that trees that fall in forests dont make sound when unobserved? I should kick his %$@#ing head in.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ryan, your name isn't original here....
Noooo! My life is ruined!

Pfft, it's not original anywhere.

Well done shaz, jon, em, and others if they went to the superchallenge and i didn't know.

Thought of the day: Who's the d1ckhead who says that trees that fall in forests dont make sound when unobserved? I should kick his %$@#ing head in.
Heh, that's funny. That debate is so stupid

*Cough*spam*cough*

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Manifest is over! Now I just gotta catch up on my Uni work and I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

The vid game theatre was a blast, much cheering and mayhem at random things.

Anywho, I want Smash practise. Post a day thats good for a couple of you guys out South thats not Thursday or Friday nights and I'll try make it sometime soon. :)

Good luck with the Sydney thing, being the biggest city in this country, statistically speaking there has to be more of you guys out there, so you should form some kinda club or something, or do a shout out on ozhadou, those guys that run the console fighter... festival... thing.

Anywho, should get some sleep...
ja, ne

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So is there a ranking list? If so, where are you guys on it? If not....uh..go and make one? Meh. What courses did you guys do? What characters? What about the sound of one hand clapping?

*Doesbumpism*

kupo

Smash Lord
Jon and Shaz have day offs on Tuesday and Friday til the end of term.

As for me, I'm still not working. So I'm up for some smash.

Zan, is it possible to rent out a room for Smash like last time? I'd like it if we could all go hang out in the City.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo
Zan, is it possible to rent out a room for Smash like last time? I'd like it if we could all go hang out in the City.
Hmm, well I have weekends free now (yay!) so if they and you are available that would be cool.

It looks like the city would be the best place to have regular meets if we wanted to attract more smash addicts. Unfortunately we were at Melb Uni last time and I'm not a Melb Uni student, so I can't book rooms (without costing $50 odd per hour). That last time we called in a favour from Melb Uni's club so it can't really be an option.

On the other hand RMIT are affiliated with us and have a really nice theatre with a room type thing near it. I shall talk to them about doing regular gaming things. Because of the nature of it, it would have to be a public gaming thing though... and we'd end up in the corner playing smash with 20 or so odd people playing other things elsewhere. Ask Jon or Shaz, tis a bit awkward being left to your own devices amongst a large group of anime fans while I rush off to make sure someone hasn't broken something :rolleyes: (I guess it wouldn't be so bad if everyone was gaming though).

ANYWAY... I seem to be getting way ahead of myself again :)
IF we just wanted to get a room in the city where a few of us could smash in peace, the only thing I can think of other than invading a friends home is trying to get a private meeting room in the library, however they wont let you take your bag in there, and I'm not sure how you would justify taking console equipment in. :rolleyes:

There is a third option. There is a LAN cafe in Hawthorn known as iBisQ. They have a seperated section set up with PS2s and X-Boxes. If we enquire about testing the waters with Smash (ie just bring our own consoles in and see how it goes) and seeing if we can get people into a few little tournies perhaps they would sponsor this thing regulalry. This kinda needs the numbers to work though.

It's cool that there are a bunch of us here in Melbourne who play Smash, but this will improve a lot more if we have an active community.
:)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm fine. BTW, there's a guy who's looking for Queenslanders. Are there any? I can't remember...

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Swarms Ghost, why dont you just discuss the math problem over MSN or AIM? And why are you discussing a math problem? Is your life so sad that all you can do is discuss math problems?

Anyway, josh, ill be coming to the tourney and ill bring the VCR.

Top Bottom