• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Page @#@$ 2 again!

Those dates sound ok to me. But as my ride is with ryan....

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo
We're nowhere near the city, Zan. Besides, either Shaz/Jon/Cella will have work on both Saturday and Sunday.

I'm heading to the City on Saturday to go buy some animes. I can drop by and play a game or two ^^.
Ahh fair enough, I knew none of you guys live anywhere near the city, but I couldn't remember where they said they go to tafe. It was optimistic to think that it would be near the city then if they had to travel to get there.
Thanks for the offer Kubo, but I'll be in Adelaide over the weekend, competiting at AVCon (Smash and Guilty Gear are the first elim round... sweet :D ).

A photo at the marathon that came out slightly odd, but here it is :)
http://lunasy.org/images/events/marathon104/marathon1_09.jpg
(playing from the left to right: Me, Baorin, Sabre, Cronos)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Zant3tsuken

Thanks for the offer Kubo
Kubo?

Ahh. That pic reminds me of some pretty strange times.....you guys all suk.;)

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
A photo at the marathon that came out slightly odd
Hey, I recognise two of them... wow.

It's been finalised, guys! The tickets have been bought! I am going to be in Melbourne from the 14th to the 28th of December this year! Wahay!

We still have yet to decide where we're staying and how long I'm going to be in Melbourne till I see my relis in Bendigo, so when it gets closer to the date we can organise times to catch up. That way, the Yoshster shall own you all. :chuckle: And then I can own you all at f-zero. And then I can own em at colosseum with my ruby team.:chuckle: :chuckle:

Ah, I can't wait... it's gonna be good.

Quetza: Any date is fine with me. As long as its after the wednesday.

*makes excited pingu-like noises*

OK, see everyone later!:) :) :)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Hello all, im reporting from a youth hostel in Canberra right now. I just realised they had this computer. I would like to start of by saying thanks to jon, em, shaz, cella and the two other guys for showing me around Melbourne. I had heaps of fun. If i seemed a bit dazed it was only cos i hadnt slept for 36+ hours.

Josh, dont start the tourney without me or faces will be broken with bricks.

Bye yall.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Josh, dont start the tourney without me or faces will be broken with bricks.
LOL! You're quite a good throw arent you? Hitting people with bricks from Canberra is a tough sport. Np btw, it was good to see you.

Shaz = Gay. lol, he got "Daddy Falconed" today and he cant deny it. Oh yeah, Zan nice pic. Pity the two of us look like little freaks peeking over the top of the tv set ^^

Em, my schedule is fuller than I thought, but there is free time somewhre in there. Me and Shaz have played with the thought of driving to your work after tafe and stuff, seeing as it isnt very far. Maybe we could do that one time? I dunno. I'll pm the heavy details of my days.

Josh: OOOoooOOOOoooOoOOOOOooOOOoOO!!

kupo

Smash Lord
Figures.

Talk about timing. I'm not working til who knows when. So for now [and to be exact], I'm free til the day the Texan Cowboy makes his grand exit. Yippee Cowdee.

Jon: Your Schedule looks mighty tight there. Ah well...

But you sure as **** better make it to the Super Challenge and STAY AT N2C FOR THE NIGHT when Coro's here.

Mat Mat: Twas' good to see you bud. Come again ^_~

Ryz: lol, owned I shall at Colleseum. My Ruby team sucks.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Don't worry Em, I'll be there. Mum has had fair warning this time. ^^ Besides, I 'll just explain furthermore that theres a Texan in town. She's forced to say YEHS! Thats just how it is.

Oh, and nothing can keep me from the Super Challenge. I'll come dead if I have to. In which case, put me in a vibrating chair, pick Marth, and rest the c-stick under my thumb. I'm garunteed at least 2nd.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Jon complained about this thread being on page 2 and told me to post and so i decided to because i dont want him to unleash daddy falcon on me. Just because Shaz likes it doesnt mean i will.

ummm, im back from the eastern states everyone!! It was heaps of fun and we all had a good time. Canberra and Sydney were great, i got Golden Sun 1 (yay) and a few cool CD's.

Melbourne clan, im sorry to say this but your street system is in shambles. The drivers are crazy, the people just walk out infront of cars and trams, people keep honking their horn and the weirdest thing is, in some streets, to do a right hand turn you have to be in the left hand lane, weird!!!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cubed64
and the weirdest thing is, in some streets, to do a right hand turn you have to be in the left hand lane, weird!!!
yes, that is weird. Of course, we're allowed to turn right across double white lines. That's weird also. =P

Quetza: Mothy is still unsure about making it to this tourney. He might be going to his hometown that weekend (busy little boi). Try not to plan around him, because we won't know till he gets back from some camp he's going to. Just try to leave a spot open for him.

Beeseelj, I'm gonna be busy till friday of next week, so if u don't mind we could catch up then. You know, a pre-tourney meetup or something? If you want and I can, I'll see if I can bring a couple of passengers with me. I'll post this in the other topic as well, just incase you don't check this one.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Well the trams occupy the right lane, its theirs alone, cars arent allowed in it. Perth doesnt have tram system, so they dont need to accomodate. Right turns from the left lane are no weirder than going to WA to play smash. For 4 days...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
FINALLY! Thanks Cubed, you are the first person on here to say happy B'day. Thankyou! I got my new phone! Yay! Ryan, good luck, I hate you for going to Melbourne, and Icky Icky P-tang P-tang Whoop!

*Doescrazyism*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
No they are not, right turns are much weirder.
Yeah, I agree. Right turns should be banned. They suck dont they?

Em, its 5:25pm here atm (19th) and if you come online, then we can talk, but otherwise. I might be on tonight again, but I dont know. I have free time tomorrow and wanna come over.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Either that or we start a new thread...

If you wanted Quetza, you could rename the Perth, Western Australia thread to the FTS tourneys... :chuckle:

I was gonna wait till I saw you on Thursday, but happy b'day mic. If I'm lucky I'll get you something b4 then, but I'm kinda stuck at home atm...

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Quetzalcoatl:
Also, I think this thread should be renamed
I think everyone wants to rename this thread, but to do this we need to get Blademarth or one of the mods to do it. Ill PM one of the mods now and see if thhey can change it. Ill ask them to get rid of the '?'. It looks a bit stupid.

Originally by rmusgrave:
If you wanted Quetza, you could rename the Perth, Western Australia thread to the FTS tourneys...
Thats a good idea, but write Fear The Stitchface instead of FTS.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
No, this isnt a double post, more of a subtle bump due to this topic being on the second page again!! I just have one question.
Mic, i just saw Eric_the_Red's signiture. Can you explain why the heck you are on it?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Why doesnt anyone create a new topic? Stuff getting this one renamed. Its not like there's sentimental value involved or anything. Besides, having Blademarth as the starter of the thread is gay since he's not even around anymore, and was only a 14 y/o with no human competition when he was :p so we all know we could own him with our eyes closed. Well.. maybe not mic.. ^^

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
So, jon, you started an entire new thread huh. Nice move.

Ill be able to come to the tourney josh. Ill bring the VCR and a tape as well. I feel some good new vids coming along:D :D . I am assuming that you have orgainised everyone so that we will have a full turn out? If not, well, it will be a shame.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Ok so I've been playing F-Zero....who's have thought according to the games layout that groovy taxi was the best car? Anyway...yeah....gotta play 1080...and soon!
Zan, if you're still around, what's happening with you? Playing in the contest still?

New thread....nah...I'll post here...it's got plenty of posts and it's become my home in swf. Besides, who apart from Jon believes that SabreAnt as the name of the creator will make what we say any different? Anyway.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
Zan, if you're still around, what's happening with you? Playing in the contest still?
I'm still around... Apparently I'm going to Crown to see some movie or what not so I will see about getting a one day ticket then, I don't know exactly how it works though... I think maybe you can only get daily tickets if that particular event is not overrun by people with season tickets.

I've I'll give an update as to what I've been up to since coming back from Adelaide that doesnt sound like a big ad for Manifest :p
As for Adelaide, the people who played Smash played only FFA, with max items like poisen mushrooms, bob-bombs and hammers. Yep, they were incredibly stupid people. I was pretty disappointed (I got over it later in the last stages of the SC2 comp, omfg that was good :D ).

Anyway, must be off!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Yay, thank you Mattdeezie. if you guys look at the name of this thread, do you notice anything different?? Thats right, the stupid '?' is gone. He changed it.

Umm, Sunday is the first FTS tourney. Hopefully we will get a good turn out. If not im blaming josh and his poor organisational skills. Look out for the vids soon!

kupo

Smash Lord
Zan: Were any of the levels banned? All items were on? Heh...I could imagine Shaz running away in Temple, and Jon hangin' out in the pit, spamming missles...

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
lol Kupo, nah what I was talking about was not a competition, just walk up and play.

Smash featured only briefly in the gaming marathon where they used the bonus mode to decide winner, to try to keep everybody happy. I might've kicked up a fuss, but turns out I wasn't allowed to enter as I was asked to help out with later parts of it :rolleyes:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by SabreAnt
we could own him with our eyes closed. Well.. maybe not mic.. ^^
StFu Ant. ;) *** you Cronos.:mad:

Cubed: If you see my location you'll see I'm getting owned by Eric, so....yeh.

Can't wait til sunday, ta to Baker for leting me Hi-jack his PC, and I shal soon have BBand! I swear before the end of Augest. August. The month after July. (I soooo need to learn to spall.....)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
What the **** Mic? In the event you're wondering why people don't take you seriously it's all about your A: last we checked not being able to smash as well as the rest of us. B: lack of effort to drop the image of you we all have based on your being annoying and consistant with childish jokes that have no real sparkle and are well past their used by dates. Does mannerism is no funnier than why did the chicken cross the road.....no actually it's less funny...chickens crossing roads will always be funnier. And your sig, I'm not even bothering to understand it...though it still has this whole mannerism issue tied into it....get over it for the good of your reputation in this thread PLEASE! As harsh as AI may sound the truth must be heard by you somehow. Play smash badly and we're just not looking to you for strategy and discussion...chat and post badly and you're just plain looked over.

Thanks "Hi I'm Deezie" for the name change, it'll surely satisfy Jon and Mat to some extent.

Zan, when in a FFA max items game, slap, and slap hard. Thank you for your time.
I could imagine Shaz running away in Temple, and Jon hangin' out in the pit, spamming missles...
Almost....Jon spamming missiles, Emily WD back and forth for show, Cella using a warp star and Shaz trying to shield it.
Umm, Sunday is the first FTS tourney. Hopefully we will get a good turn out. If not im blaming josh and his poor organisational skills. Look out for the vids soon!
Nah, they read about you making vids, and are now camera shy *choke!*.

Emily, I deleted some of your smash bros records just to annoy you, enjoy! :)

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy........

Mic, you're my best friend remember, and nothing has changed that...

But, *trying really hard to not sound insulting* you do seem to lose your temper sometimes...

What he's saying is that he doesn't like unintelligent posts, and since you've done a few one or two liners recently with no real point behind them, he's getting frustrated. I think all he wants from you is that when you post, make sure it's not spam. That way everyone is happy. Including Fred, Bob and Harry. And if we can make them happy, we've done our job. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

One day to go! I'm soooo gonna get owned!!! Stupid other characters prove also fun to play... :(

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
FTS 1

Can everyone who can, help me out in the bb2 game in forum games, just vote for ness ex, thanks. By the way i still haven't heard from beasleej which is a shame, but that leaves us with 8 people in the tourney, a perfect double elimination bracket.
1 stage will be random from fd, kirby 64 and pokemon stadium. Then the loser can choose the stage to whatever they want with the exception of banned stages (everyone should have an idea of what these are, but i'll make a list for you tomorrow if i can). Please come as close to 12 as you can, slightly earlier is good, later isn't. So don't let everyone down by coming late!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I am obliged to say don't vote for Ness in BB2, vote for Matt. Ness is in my rpg clan. But hey, if you dont wanna, you dont gotta. Shaz, you ***. I can still snake better than you. Dont care if no-one uses the other thread anyway, I still got 1 gil from it! Haw haw haw. Laugh like ze French.

Zan my man, we must meet again soon. Train you in the ways of the force and such. Not long till Super Challenge now. Better get my ticket..

kupo

Smash Lord
Ryz: You're being too nice ^^. <3

I'm with Jon. We have to meet up Zan. And I'm looking forward versing this uber Fox Shaz and Jon talks about.

...Hehehe...
:p

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Learning to play sounds really appealing, however at the moment it's not easy to find time. If you guys can let me know when you are free that would be cool, and I wouldnt mind making the trip over. :)

uber fox... pffft

3 more weeks til Manifest, and then I freeeeeeeeee :D

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Jon: You think you can beat me? HAH!Outragous! You snake terribly! YEHS! *gets upB'd before even leaving the start line* OOOOoooOooOOOooH! I guess Falcon can't snake that good after all! :O Heck, I'm not that bad, I'd be worth vsing now at least.

Zan: You already know how to play, just refine your style. It'd be good to see you again some time....and even better to vs you in an above freezing point condition ^^ (no offence to your place or that theatre or anything just DAYM it was cold that day!)

Mic: I've said what I needed to say, so now just realise I have nothing against you apart from what I've spoken out about. I hope no further enmity surfaces, and that we can see eye to eye from now on. Feel free to vent anything you want to say to me.

Em: I own you at starfox ok, sure you can use the cold excuse but obviously so can I :p lol. All the same I look forward to vsing you again in proper conditions to take the ure Falc my Fox without doubt.

Jon again: If you truly believe you can beat me ure Fox ure Falco whatever....stop boasting about one win as soon as it happens and take me best of 5 for the title...the offer is there. All the same it's flattering to hear you talk about beating me as I take that as a compliment, and congrats on wins you do get, you're earning them more and more now by better style and less by pot shots and cheap unpausing...OooooOOooOooH!
Have you gotten your ticket yet? Are you going with Emily to Knox or what? If not then you and I should get our tickets at some stage for FG...I've got money now.

Mat: Keep playing Falco, I want to have some starfox competition apart from Emily...not that I'll be seeing you too often or anything but you know.

Everyone else without a personal message.....Howdy, I didn't forget you! :)

kupo

Smash Lord
I can teach Zan how to play ^^. I'm free now til the 13th of Aug. which is on Friday[Except for next Thursday].Lol, Zan can learn from El Coro while he's here. ^^.

Quez: You sl*t. Better win the tourney. XD

Shaz: You rock my Falco. *Holds up a sign* Worst Falco Ever

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, tourney's over... and here are the results.

1. Quetzalcoatl
2. Kenton
3. Bryce (Sorry bout the lack of screen name guys)
4. Me!!!
5. Cubed64
6. Idle
7. Mothy
8. Mic_128

Congratulations to everyone who competed, it was great. Keep in mind Bryce, that I was too cocky when I vsed you that second time. But you did well, and you earnt that place.

Congratulations to Idle and Mothy who battled really well today, considering they don't own the game and can't play it at home. Heh, it was funny watching you break Quetza's moves with ur bombs.

Congratulations to Mic_128 for getting broom access... :chuckle:

Nah, he played well, just happened to have some key suicides...

My excuse is that I am still recovering from surgery, and I was at an 18th last night till 4 this morning. Next time I'll try to focus more on the tourney when it comes =P

Shaz: I'd like to see this uber fox of yours, no one here can play fox very well...

Em: I still think I can strip you of that title. =P

And with that, I bid you all ado...

Top Bottom