• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

CORY

wut
BRoomer
shaz, what the **** are you talking about? stop being bitter, then make sense. then i'll actually read your posts about the mbr rather than just skimming over them like i would any other no0b's.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
LOL I'm not bitter.
I'm actually laughing to myself while writing that stuff.
Read it in that way and it's much more a boredom killer.
Oh and respond to the Mario thing in my last post if you could plz Coro. Cheers ;P

Oh and Mic...Quit being gay you chobo = thx.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ummm... how to respond to it... umm... errr... how do you do it? i guess that'd be a nice thing to know, wouldn't it? (hope that's the proper response...)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sigh....I was about to post something funny, but I've been reading The topic in the poolroom about Giygas, and it's sorta cut of my humor. Anyway, if you DO want to know what *Doesnmannerism* is, Click the link in my sig.

BTW, Chronos, How?

And nice rip-offs too. Doesspannerism, doesletterbombism, undoesmannerism (Actually called Doesn'tmannerism or Can'tmannerism). Very nice.

And the backroom is just a place where Mods, ect can post spam. They have a topic there on dirt. DIRT!

Originally posted by Metroid Killer

"Dirt is like air, we can't live without it"
- MKiller

With these fine words lets get this topic going!

===============

The story of dirt!

A year ago, we ordered a load of dirt, to be delivered and poured on a certain side of a retaining wall near the cabin.

My heart skipped a beat and I felt like I’d been punched in the stomach. I began sucking for air. I thought my friends had gone mad. Miki Dora, then Jeff Plucy, and now Jay Moriarity taking off on three successive waves at the Dirt Farm. It was too much. My senses were taking a beating.

In 1995 we returned to the mainland, and after a couple of years of re-settlement and rewarding work at a local children's museum, the Dinosaur Dirt Farm roams again.

===============

Directly from dictionary.com

2 entries found for Dirt.

dirt Pronunciation Key (dûrt)

1. Any of various arboreal rodents of the genus Sciurusdirtus and related genera of the family Sciuridirt, having a long flexible bushy tail and including the fox dirt, gray dirt, and red dirt. Also called tree dirt.
1. Any of various other rodents of the family Sciuridirt, as the ground dirt or the flying dirt.

Side view of the red dirt

===============

How do you remove dirt from the pool?

This question was asked by Mark Jones on February 16, 2004, at 6:44 pm.

"Vacuuming removes dirt only temporarily? I have a 3-week-old inground pool with a Pentair cartridge filter system. There has been dirt in the bottom of the pool, but it's easily removed by vacuuming. The problem is, the dirt is back at the bottom of the pool in a few hours if the pump is running. So, could it be that the dirt granules are simply going right through the cartridge system? If the pump is off, the dirt doesn't reappear. What can I do to remove the dirt once and for all? "

Mark's pool is full of dirt!

Answer by Ross Townsend

"It definitely sounds as though there is something wrong with the filter cartridge. Vacuumed dirt should stay in the filter, to be disposed of when you clean (or backflush) the filter. It should be simple to remove the cartridge. If it is obviously in need of replacement, let me know the model # of the filter and I can quote you for a replacement. Or take it to your local Pool Store for inspection."

Lets hope that Mark learned a lesson and never throws food at animals again!

===============

Other stuff related to dirt:

Btw check out my awesome new sig!!

[/dirt]
See? Anyway, *Doesmannerism*

EDIT: Musgrave, can you ring me asap? I'll call if you haven't around 5.

FinalAtomicBustr

Smash Rookie
OzHadou Nationals and Smash

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the OzHadou Nationals tournament I mentioned before is all confirmed for venue and stuff. Just visit OzHadou.net for all the details. Sign up and you'll get a discount on entry fees too.

As part of the console day event with the tournament, I want to hold a Smash tourny, but if there isn't enough people interested showing up, then there's not much point. So please sign up to the OH forums and post interest in the console organisation thread so I know whether I can do it or not.

It's probably worth noting that the event will be captured, so if you want to have your smash matches taped and online (or even on a DVD) then it might be worth attending just for that. H*ll, you don't even need to hold a tournament for us to capture the matches ;).

Also, could I please ask that anyone that signs up doesn't post the details for the venues anywhere online? The reason for this is mainly security. We figure that if people are keen enough to come, then they'll sign up on the OH forums and can get the location details that way. This just helps us filter out potential "bad seeds" that may only want to be there to steal some of our equipment.

Thanks, and hope to see everyone there.

Justin

P.S. Is it worth it for me to start another thread about this event here?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
**** you Mic! Now I really hate you...I'm like...the biggest fan of Dort EVER! SCREW YOU you Aye-Hoole....
Oh you said dirt.......ahh ok...either way it beats " I found something new with Yoshi! You can his through walls with some attacks!"

"doesvoyeurism"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nice Cronos.

Guys, I'm going to be without acess to the net for a while, so if there's anything important to tell me, tell musgrave to pass it on. And as for tournies, I'm still gonna be there. So......

*Doesfinalmannerism*

CORY

wut
BRoomer
bustr: it should do fine in this thread. there's so little activity in aussie that current tourneys don't start to override and derail one another.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's pleanty of tournie going on. There's....Quetza's, and......uh......

*Doesmannerismyetragain*

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Okay, this concerns the melbourne clan only. I have the time and place where you guys can give me a guided tour around Melbourne CBD!!!! I am staying at the Backpack Hotel, 167 Franklin Street. We have some stuff to do but it should be alright if yoiu guys can turn up there at about 2pm. Thats the Saturday 10th of July. If thats cool, just say so and ill see you then. If not, well, i can always walk around Melbourne CBD by myself........

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I want a way to limit the use of this room....thankfully noone cares coz we're noone to them, so atleast we have our little haven with only two people who post newbie-like stuff (I'm lookin at you Jon and Em :p hehe)
Yeah right, whatever. Did you know that when you smash a missile with Samus it goes faster and is stronger? :D

I'm sorry, but my butt appears to be busy at the current time. If you'd like to leave a message, it will get back to you at the next available opportunity. *doesbuttrismtomic!*

About you coming to Melbourne Mat, yeah big daddy Falcon might be there but I think I'll need to get time off work if thats possible. But I dont know if I'll be able to. So yeah. I'll let you know soon.

I dont think I check this thread often enough. I just read 2 and half pages. Mainly crap, buts its still breaking news! OooOOooOO OooOOOOOOooOOoooooOOOOOOOooooOooOOOOOOOOOO!

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Re: OzHadou Nationals and Smash

Originally posted by FinalAtomicBustr
Lotsa stuff
Interesting Bustr, the idea of a large console event is certainly one that I will keep my eye on, but I have my doubts on it's success, due to the nature of your community, which focuses so much on Street Fighter related games. KOF2k3 and GGXX:R should really get the attention they deserve there if tournaments of the two were held on a similiar scale. Also then you can't really just throw away the possible need to have some dedicated focus on 3D fighters, and of course Smash. Please don't take this the wrong way... I'd love to see something like this take off, even if it's X hours drive away from here (I'm in Melbourne), but for something that needs heavy support from surrounding community to kick off you may need to expand the size and type of your user-base.
Of course, you can disregard this if plans for your event are not quite as 'grand' as the impression I got from what you seem to want, or you just want to build something like that slowly.

Heh, slightly off topic but oh well...
*doesrandomism*
btw, I doubt that expression (or atleast the original one) came from the bowels of Smash boards, I saw it used in a caption of something in Hyper magazine a while ago.

Cubed64: Pity, I can't come into the city I Saturdays, I work at 5, which would give me like... half hour to roam around with you :rolleyes:

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by kupo
They sound more like smashfests...
When we get people to actually turn up, they'll be mini tourneys...

btw, I doubt that expression (or atleast the original one) came from the bowels of Smash boards, I saw it used in a caption of something in Hyper magazine a while ago.
No, definitely not here. Go to doesmannerism.com. It's sad.

I'll give you a tour of Melbourne's CBD Cubed... you just need to pay for me to go over there... :D

Meh, I'm bored. I didn't check my emails till to late, and didn't manage to get to see my girlfriend today :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh well.

either way it beats " I found something new with Yoshi! You can his through walls with some attacks!"
Wow... I thought I was the only person that actually checked the Yoshi forum...

EDIT: I wish we had a big gaming thing happening here, but, we always miss out...

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Everybody, and by everybody i mean the melbourne clan, there seems to be a slight error in the date of our planned tour of melbourne. Its actually Friday 9th. I hope this doesnt make things more complicated, if it does, i am sorry for the earlier mistake. If you guys cant make it, i understand completely. It just would be cool to see you all again and meet up with the new guys on the block.

Originally by rmusgrave:
and didn't manage to get to see my girlfriend today
aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww............. *plays worlds smallest violin* You poor thing you.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
*plays worlds smallest violin*
Booya! Whats this? Mat actually amused me, instead of insulting me for a change. Bizarre. 9th hey? I'll try my best to get back to you about it soon, but thats not long away. Zan, please PM details about the rmit thingy. Ta

Emily and Shaz: OOOooooOOOoOooOOoOOoOOO and Oobity!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I agree...that was pretty funny, and I too was impressed.

doesmannerism needs a swift kick up the...website.
Originally posted by kupo
They sound more like smashfests...
Shut up you critical nerd.....that's just becoming too sad EM. :p

Meh, I'm bored. I didn't check my emails till to late, and didn't manage to get to see my girlfriend today
I dont see how they relate unless you mean your boredom stems from a lack of girly, which was caused by a bad case of I FORGOT TO CHECK MY FRICKIN E-MAILS which left you putting the blame on games and sporty activities aswell and anything that takes any amount of mental activity leading to a depressing downward spiral of boredom.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Re: Re: OzHadou Nationals and Smash

Originally posted by Zant3tsuken
Heh, slightly off topic but oh well...
*doesrandomism*
FINALLY! Someone around here that has read HYPER. Yes, that's where I ..uh....got the idea from. And they did make Doesmannerism.com. But still....

*Doesmannerismonemoretime*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
That is really sad mic. Didnt Hyper finish a long time ago? I havent seen it in ages. I didnt like that mag much anyway.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Sabreant:
Booya! Whats this? Mat actually amused me, instead of insulting me for a change
I aim to please.

I'll try my best to get back to you about it soon, but thats not long away
That would be highly apprecitated. Same thing goes for the rest of the melbourne clan.

That is really sad mic.
Mic is always really sad, you should hear some of the jokes he tells, id recite some but i purposefully erased them from my mind to make way for more important things, such as Religious Education information.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ooooh! Burn! Before I counter....
1. Hyper is a GREAT mag.
2. It is a mag from a long time ago, and is still going strong. they recently had their 10th Aniversary. (A lot of mags don't get that far. My letter was printed about smash was printed in that issue)

My jokes are not sad! They are quite funny! (Although some may have died as some are pretty old.) See sig.:D

Shut up you critical nerd.....
Nice insult.

Meh, I'm bored. I didn't check my emails till to late, and didn't manage to get to see my girlfriend today
Oh well.
When did this happen? :confused:

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dont see how they relate unless you mean your boredom stems from a lack of girly, which was caused by a bad case of I FORGOT TO CHECK MY FRICKIN E-MAILS which left you putting the blame on games and sporty activities aswell and anything that takes any amount of mental activity leading to a depressing downward spiral of boredom.
Uh, let me clarify. She invited me to the zoo, but I was helping my dad at his factory that day, and got back too late... and i was sitting at home bored...

Yeah.

When did this happen?
Uh, last saturday. Unless you mean when I asked her out, in which case its, uh, first thursday this month. Which was... the third. Anyway, back to smash.

What would you guys suggest as a backup character that I could play for tournies and such? I really can't decide. I've decided against Marth and Samus, Sheik is too easy, Fox doesn't match my style... I don't know. I was thinking maybe someone with a similar wavedash to the Yoshster, but... meh.

Anyways, thx in advance...

cyas

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Ganondorf.
Play Ganondorf Ryan.....you know you want to!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Booya! Whats this? Mat actually amused me, instead of insulting me for a change
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I aim to please.
Yet he only succeeded this one time?

Sheik is a gay fhag...too easy to play...and too hard to play against :S. And what's with that dair? It's weak, doesn't look strong and isn't in anyones book in the realm of Ganondorfs dair...so why did it beat out a Fox upsmash when Ganon can only compare to it (both take damage?) The answer my friends is Sheik=Cheapness incarnate#1....the triforce of course being made up of Sheik, Marth and Peach when it comes to cheapness......then there's Falcon trying to make the squad with his frequent grabbing from behind while facing the other way....Though otherwise he's just too fair to make the cut. LOL two meanings.

Zazazalimpidee~!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
OOOOoOoooOOoooooOOOooOooOOOoOoOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOoO!

Little BOI! I have been trying to create a new and imprOOOooooOOOved heirarchy for smash, but I'm having trouble finding volunteers for my experimental naked human pyramids!! OOOOOOOooooOOoOoOOOOoOOO, refer to my (C.Falcon) daddy's new book for more detail, called My Life by Bill Clinton. Specifically, chapter 16 'Naked Human Pyramids'.

I'm OOooooOooOoOOooOO! trying to find more than just Luigi, Marth and Nhess to help me out, but OoOoOoOOOOO they just wont come! OOOOO! Maybe I'll give OOOoooOOoOOoObity a call, and see if he's interested. OO! Here is a diagram of what I aim to achieve with mah lil boi's!

...^ <--- (Me. OOooOO!)
..^ ^ <--- (Ness and Marth. OoOO!)
^ ^ ^ <--- (Luigi and 2 other lil boi's! OOOOoOoOOO!)

YEHS!

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
just thought i'd tell everyone i've finally registered after 2 years or whatever it was....
no more occasional posts using shazszs name for meeeee! For any of u new people: I'm Cella from Victoria, i was one of the people who came to Perth to smash, anyone heared of me? no? :(

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Awwwwww!!! *BONECRUNCHING HUG* How could they forget you? Oh, and its about time!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Cronos_Rainbow:
Yet he only succeeded this one time?
My success rate isnt very flattering, but then again, neither is your face.

Oringinally by cella_lina:
i was one of the people who came to Perth to smash, anyone heared of me? no?
No. Not at all.

Originally by Mothy:
Hello all, hows life? sorry i missed the tourney phew weeks ago, but thats life, ill see if i can make the next tho
Yes, please try. Where you the one that stayed up the night before drinking or the other one who couldnt come for some other reason?

8 days until 'Meet up with Mat in Melbourne' occurs. Isnt that a catchy name? Man im good, Eastern Invasion, Meet up with Mat in Melbourne......... all creations of my brilliant mind.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow... good on ya cella. Now all you need is a seperate MSN address...

Alright guys, after much deliberation and thought, I have decided my backup shall be (insert suspenseful music here) Mario! Here we go!

Now that that's sorted, I was thinking we could give ourselves crew names... you know, instead of saying 'Josh's group' or the Melbourne clan or what-have-you. That, and I was thinking we could name the tournaments as well.

I'll leave that up to discussion... Then I might come in with some suggestions.

Anyhoo, see yaz later

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Re: Re: Re: OzHadou Nationals and Smash

Originally posted by mic_128
FINALLY! Someone around here that has read HYPER. Yes, that's where I ..uh....got the idea from. And they did make Doesmannerism.com. But still....

*Doesmannerismonemoretime*
I don't read Hyper regularly anymore, not for two years anyway. I recently bought it for an article on Japanese arcades, but was not entirely impressed with it. It hasn't really changed in quality, more so I think I've grown out of it.

To Melb people: The marathon thing in the city is Thursday next week in the city. I'll have my cube there, you're welcome to come along and play a bit of smash. The venue at this stage is unconfirmed, but anyone who is interested, say so and I'll PM you details and what not...

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
Awwwwww!!! *BONECRUNCHING HUG* How could they forget you? Oh, and its about time!
^^ thanks....oww........

No. Not at all.
You suck man. I said 'new' people, oh well, if you wanna call yourself that....

Wow... good on ya cella. Now all you need is a seperate MSN address...
i got one :p anyway thanks to you too!

[thumbs up to cella] i'm proud of you! both your own msn and board name!
good on ya coro, at least there are SOME people with good manners [evil stares at Cubed]

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
My success rate isnt very flattering, but then again, neither is your face.
Both statements could be said about your Falco....though I have no need 'cause you wouldn't know anyway....you didnt see my face when you were always too busy eyes glued to Jons butt! :D

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Jess is having her baby today!~~~~
Anyway, we don't know if its a boy or a girl yet so I'll keep you up to date tomorrow. Also, Ryan i'm going to try and ask mum if you can come tomorrow afternoon (friday), cos kenton and mat both can't come and i need to play smash or i might begin having withdrawals. Mario sounds good, watch vids of tetsuya's mario and scav's mario on dc++.
How have you been since perth cella?
shaz, how's your rpg coming along?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh, forgive my ignorance Quetza, but is that your sister??? :rolleyes:

ask mum if you can come tomorrow afternoon (friday)
Alright! If that's possible, excellent... I'll see if Mic can come too (if ur mum doesn't mind)

you were always too busy eyes glued to Jons butt!
That's strange... he had them in last I checked...

i got one :p anyway thanks to you too!
Ooooo, what is it? Otherwise I won't see you online...

I echo Quetza... how've you been cella?
How's the rpg coming?

Speaking of that, does anyone want to give me gil? I'm kinda out... :D

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Orginally by Cella_lina:
at least there are SOME people with good manners [evil stares at Cubed]
Orginally by Cronos_Rainbow:
Both statements could be said about your Falco....though I have no need 'cause you wouldn't know anyway....you didnt see my face when you were always too busy eyes glued to Jons butt!
OOOO, i got burnt by the dynamic duo of Shaz and Cella. As for jon, he has the looks that would turn a gay man straight. Anyway, on to bussiness:

The school has a problem with me wandering around melbourne with 4 people that my teachers have never met before:rolleyes: , so to solve this problem, i am going to need jon, em, shaz and cella's full names and home phone numbers. Just PM them to me cos i dont think you want to share private information over the internet. If you could all do that as soon as possible, i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all.

EDIT: Em gave me all of your full names but i still need Shaz&Cella's home phone numbers, thanks again.

kupo

Smash Lord
Zan: Doh, I wish it was on Friday...then I could beat up Mat while he's here.

To all the Melbourne peeps.

*~* Nintendo Super Challenge Gaming on the big screen.*~*
[Exclusively at Village cinemas]

Like the Mario Kart : Double Dash Competition last year, another competition is hitting at Village [Crown, Knox, Fountain Gates, Southland and Sunshine].

- Compete on the big screen against Vic's best GC players to win awesome prizes including limited edition GBA SP's that are not avaliable in Australia.

- Superchallenge starts Sunday August 1st and runs every fortnight to find the top 300 to compete in the superfinal, on October 24th at Village cinemas City Centre.

- A season ticket is only $60 and gives youa access to every Superchallenge as well as a super cool showbag full of goddies. Minor prizes will be awarded in each session.

- Tickets on Sale July 1st online available til the day of the competition.

First prize: Family trip [max 2 adults and 2 kids] to the USA to visit Nintendo America.
Second prize: A GC interactive Unit and a years supply of GC games.
Third prize: A private gold class cinema screening for 25 people at Village cenemas Crown Casino.

*When does it all start?
All the action starts Sunday 1 August at 9am:
1 August: Registration and Round 1 - 1080: Avalanche
15 August: Round 2 - Mario Kart Double Dash!!
29 August: Round 3 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
12 September: Round 4 - F-Zero GX
26 September: Round 5 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
10 October: Round 6 - Mario Kart Double Dash!!
24 October: Superfinal*

[Above info copied from Villagecinemas.com ^^]

We're gonna kick *** in Smash and DD. Jons gonna own us all in F-Zero...>.<

Check out
here or here for more info.

Anyhoo, since El Coro's gonna be here while Competitions starting, I might as well get you a ticket neh? ^^ <3

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
This is the only problem with living in Perth. we always, ALWAYS get stooged with this sort of stuff. *sobs*
Josh: Tell your sis, Congrats 4 me.
Cella: About time.;)
Cubed: I fail to see the reason why you need all that. Just tell them they offered you candy and a ride in their car. That ought to stop the problems.

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
cool! what is she ganna call him?....and congrats too

How have you been since perth cella?
soright, i'm good and working now....****....

OOOO, i got burnt by the dynamic duo of Shaz and Cella
as you should be, at least you took it ok...i think...what happened to the fighting spirit? Did you finnally get some class?

Ooooo, what is it? Otherwise I won't see you online...
cella_lina@hotmail.com
i would have thought it would show on my profile...i'd better go check...

Top Bottom