• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
now that we have an easy way to ge the matches to the internet really fast, the possibility of doing music video's is now open. We can also do funny videos if anyone is interested. CRAZY COMBOS!!!!!!! ah, thats funny. Anyway, we need a medium to get the vids across to the others on smashboards. We were thinking of DC++, josh has it, but he isnt on the net all the time. Would you want the vids if we get them jon? Could you put them on the net for us?

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
I beat the reigning ozzie champ, Josh 3 of 4 times (i think),
ahem, i believe it was 2/4 times, you won the comeback match on dreamland, the marth vs marth match, and i won the 5 stock and distraction matches.
But anyway, rmusgrave and mic have improved heaps and it shows. We'll get the good vids up asap.

kupo

Smash Lord
Would you want the vids if we get them jon? Could you put them on the net for us?
What's the point of that when you have DC++?

El Coro: Nice talking with ya ~_^. Anyways, you didn't explain why you got the bamboo stick ^^;;. Ah wells, I wanna talk more...

Kenton/Quez: Good team ownage there. ****, I wanna go back to Perth and verse all the people I missed at the tourney. I am no longer afraid of Sheik. Kenton, I declare a Sheik grudge/ditto/title match. ^^.

Shaz: You haven't played Foxy for a while ^^. What's up?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
well, you didn't ask why i got the bamboo-ish staff. ummm... well, i just saw it and decided i wanted it, it looked cool. i think i'm slowly building up a weapons cache from akon... i already have a wooden sword from two years ago..

and nice talking with you again, also. it's been a bit too long, ne? hehe, nice to hear your voice, too! i'll see if i can find a non gay phone card somewhere...

kupo

Smash Lord
Coro: I mentioned the bamboo stick, but then you rambled on about showing to your mom[; )]. S'all cool ya.

Jon: You're a tool for not working on the vids.

Zan: You still there? Do tell us when Gaming day is...or uh...tell us your progress on it ^^;;.

Perth Peeps: Send me the god**** vids!

To Mat Mat: Red Jacket > No pants.

^_~

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by kupo:
Jon: You're a tool for not working on the vids.
I whole heartedly agree, but guess what jon, there is a simple and quick solution for you to cure your 'tool' status. Simply send the tourney vid and all other associated vids to Mr. Joshua Madden in perth. Then i a mere matter of days they will be flying over DC++ and you will no longer be a tool.

Really, well, ill stick with no-pants for now. It owns Kenton. No pants>Kenton

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mmm... bamboo.

Jon, please, we want those vids on the net... Anything you can do will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Whereas, anything you don't do will be rewarded in kind...

Mic, can you please choose one character to play? I think that may be your biggest problem at the moment... I mean, my falco could probably beat yours now... And also, we need to somehow outstage Josh's four. They meet up every friday!!! EVERY FRIDAY! I'm gonna have to get us to meet up as much as possible as well.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by rmusgrave:
They meet up every friday!!! EVERY FRIDAY!
Thats right, every friday we have an intense training session. Thats why our skills have greatly improved. Bryce doesnt turn up half the time but still, that way we can get alot more vids on the net!!! New vids every friday....... just think about it..........

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo
Zan: You still there? Do tell us when Gaming day is...or uh...tell us your progress on it ^^;;.
I haven't gone anywhere, and despite my cramming maddly at last minute I have been checking this forum nightly, simply because I only look at this one thread.

As for the game day/night, I've investigated a few possibilities, however I have to wait for our next meeting with the club to decide which one to go with, as it involves money. Either way it's coming along okay. I'll try and confirm a date in a few days anyway, so if Melbourne peeps that are interested please PM me what days of the week suit you and whether you have holidays or what not then please do.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I beat the reigning ozzie champ, Josh 3 of 4 times (i think),
Sadly enough, he isn't actually the reigning champ anyway. He and I played some grudge matches where he agreed that if I beat him in them he could no longer call himself the best in Aus. (Come on he's good but I had to stand up for the little/not present guy now didn't I) so there is no reigning champ! :) All the same congrats on atleast holding ur own against him, you deserve to feel good cause he aint no pushover.
Don't believe her...the real ownership Falco wears the original clothes....Why would you take tips on Falco from the "worst Falco ever" anyway? :chuckle:
Jon, please, we want those vids on the net
Nah, he can't. His mother is highly strict with high standards when it comes to overseeing Jons moral decisions. She wouldn't let him openly make fun of fellow Aussies by video-boasting his skills now would she. If it weren't for her guidance Jon would be shoveling down pickled eggs while uploading edited versions of the matches where he somehow always wins as DK. For that we love you....cheers to mumma Falcon!

Zan...I'm interested in smash....is that good? :)

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
Zan...I'm interested in smash....is that good? :)
Hah... nah, popular opinion says that its a party game, but it's a bit kiddy. I prefer Mortal Kombat, as blood, gore and gameplay revolving around a finishing move gets chicks

:******:

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Cool Zan!
I bought smash today...I've been playing for like 2 hours now...problem is I don't seem to be able to pull of the Fox infinite combo without a wall that easily. On the bright side Ive gotten sub-five in BtT :) Oh and I've unlocked Mewtwo aswell!(Hahaha) so yeah this is turning out to be a cool game!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by rmusgrave
And also, we need to somehow outstage Josh's four. They meet up every friday!!! EVERY FRIDAY!
ACK! Noooo! I just thought they rigged the games or something. ****n. In that case......we're screwed;) OK, we'll need to get some major prac in. However, homework has stuffed this weekend for me, so...next weekend some time?

shaz, you rock my world. post more, please?
I second the motion. With a vengance!

Ant: *Doesmannerism*

*Laughs*

EDIT: Cory, my sig's not too big is it?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
ACK! Noooo! I just thought they rigged the games or something. ****n. In that case......we're screwed OK, we'll need to get some major prac in. However, homework has stuffed this weekend for me, so...next weekend some time?
Hopefully...

If I can get Chris interested enough, we can get our own four to practice every week... otherwise it'll have to be three.

Either that, or you somehow convince Bryan to play.

*Undoesmannerism*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Page 2 again. Sigh. Other than just a bump, I have spent the last 4 hours waiting to get a project looked over, which took less than 5 mins. Ahh Tafe. *Doesmannerism*

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Hello everyone, this thread is losing its rather common flair and excitement, however im sure there are a few ways around this.

1st of all: Josh, when is the next Perth tourney? Yes, thats right, im asking now. Start organising so everyone will know when it is and there will be no stuff ups

2nd: how is everyone over east? has 'game day' occured yet? if so, how was it?

3rd: Mic, define *doesmannerism*

4th: where is jon???

hopefully these topics will start some worthwhile disscussion within this thread.

nesis

Smash Cadet
If there is an eastcoast tourny taking place, I'll have to keep an eye on this thread so I don't miss it. I'm pretty sure I'll get my *** kicked, mostly because the only competition I can seem to find are level 9 coms >_O

Anyways, what's happened to the thread? Did everyone suddenly die or something?

kupo

Smash Lord
WTF is "doesmannerism"? Is it like an orgasm that happens right after getting humped by Falcon?

...Mic, you're ghey.

Heh, nothings happening over here. Very slowly I'm losing interest in smash. Whenever gaming day is, I sure hope its soon.
Heh, out of the four, I might be the only one rocking up to La trobe.

Nesis, check back like...6 or 7 pages back. Justin a.k.a FinalAtmoicBustr posted something about a big gaming/tourney day. KOF/Street Fighter tournies...as well as Smash.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Emily are you that threatened by Jon learning to WD in game now that you're losing interest in smash? Or is it you're sick of Cellas tip whoring?....oh no....don't tell me I've put you off Falco...again. LOL!

kupo

Smash Lord
Cella hasn't used Marth for a while. She says she's lost the competitors edge. And she's started playing low tier characters.
Jon doesn't use wavedash strategically, from what I've seen. it doesn't bother me if he uses it or not.

As with you Shaz, you've earnt your Falco title.

My care factor = ZERO

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
My care factor = 1

Ah, smash... the fantastic game where everyone wishes they were somewhere else to play against someone else. All we need now is for someone to invent some type of teleportation device...

Now, I need everyone's help with this endeavour. My neighbour, Mothy, has begun to learn to wavedash. To teach him, I let him play around a bit on fourside. He was playing ness, and trying really hard to WD while I was showing off my WD'ing skills (or lack thereof). However, my WDs would always send me at the same speed along the top of the UFO, whereas the few that Mothy did seemed to send him at least 2x as fast. This intrigued me, and I tried to do this with his controller WD'ing with ness. Yet, I couldn't come anywhere near matching the speed he achieved. So I'm wondering if you guys have ever seen anything like this, or whether it's just some weird thing with the UFO.Help! I'm confused!!!:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I hope Cella picks up Marth again soon, because she promised me a rematch... Come to think of it, I hope your Falco picks up Em, cos you promised me a match as well. And then Jon and Shaz... meh, you guys can do what you want. I already beat you in the last tourney... :p

I'm pretty sure I'll get my *** kicked, mostly because the only competition I can seem to find are level 9 coms >_O
Hey, I managed to keep up with Josh's four by mainly vs'ing lvl 9s... That was until my neighbour started playing though... Oh well, good luck!

And now, I shall conclude by saying that at some point, you eastern states people should have a (relatively) big tourney. You have proximity between your states, with reduced travel costs etc. I mean, we're managing to have a small tourney every month here in poor-old-left out-little Perth... ~_^
I have complete faith in you guys! You can do it!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I didn't realise care factors were measured in binary = 11111.
So yeah:
Jon doesn't use wavedash strategically, from what I've seen. it doesn't bother me if he uses it or not.
You never could either at first....just you had the edge of phyching us out coz we couldnt! He'll get there though.
Cella hasn't used Marth for a while. She says she's lost the competitors edge. And she's started playing low tier characters.
Not really. She played yesterday with what to me was an impressive Doc....where was she hiding that? She still can play Marth every bit as good though.
I was showing off my WD'ing skills (or lack thereof). However, my WDs would always send me at the same speed along the top of the UFO, whereas the few that Mothy did seemed to send him at least 2x as fast
WD is simple really....just hold across not in the diagonal dig-outs but closer towards the horizontal....its an anlg stick so the closer the better the result providing you move down enough to catch the ground. You'll know you've got it right when a stuffed up WD will turn into a horizontal air dodge above the ground as opposed to a jump or a grounded dodge.
And then Jon and Shaz... meh, you guys can do what you want. I already beat you in the last tourney... :p
Yeah Jon wasn't happy about losing to you....he thinks he can win. And me... I never realised kicking somebodies *** really hard means you lose, cause that's the only way I can see you beat me. Unless you mean placings in that tourny. If you do however realise these factors A: you got lucky punk :D B: Cella placed 6/7th (I think there was no sixth?) so Jon and I placed higher. C: If you will vs Ems Falco don't look past mine as it's in the same realm as hers...unless you're....scared?
In short Ryan ME >>>>>YOU ;) hehe (Oh yeah and BTW unlike most other chokers, I dominate Yoshi more than I do Pika and Marth. Let that be your ponderage my reptilian comrade.)
Over & Out!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cubed64
1st of all: Josh, when is the next Perth tourney? Yes, thats right, im asking now. Start organising so everyone will know when it is and there will be no stuff ups
I prepose I hold the next tournie. My birthday is comming up and I thought, heck, why not a birthday tournie? So, if you guys ant to, when's good for you?

3rd: Mic, define *doesmannerism*
It's the act of doing a mannerism.

4th: where is jon???
And where's capt falcon?

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Mic_128:
I prepose I hold the next tournie. My birthday is comming up and I thought, heck, why not a birthday tournie? So, if you guys ant to, when's good for you?
Sorry to ruin your birthday, but your house is too far away to hold a tourney. We have always gone to josh's place cos its the centre of everyone else's house. Plus, no-one would drive me that far.

See guys, what did i tell you. 100%.

Exams tomorrow, *shudder*

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I wonder if that thing I said about Jon uploading DK victories has offended him as far as to cut himself out of the loop....
Zan....hurry up and vs one of us so you can get owned/deal out ownage.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally by Mic_128: Sorry to ruin your birthday, but your house is too far away to hold a tourney. We have always gone to josh's place cos its the centre of everyone else's house. Plus, no-one would drive me that far.

Dang.

Good luck guys!

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Cronos_Rainbow
Zan....hurry up and vs one of us so you can get owned/deal out ownage.
I have an exam tomorrow too :/
...and they keep coming til 30th June -_-

Don't really have time to organise anything til then. Atm I'm just procrastinating.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good luck with them, all of you. Just don't do what I did in my exam today, and do so well you accidentally leave your phone in the exam room.

We have always gone to josh's place cos its the centre of everyone else's house. Plus, no-one would drive me that far.
He's in the centre of all your houses... I'm in the centre of my four's houses. (That's if I can call them my four... meh) Really, the only difference is that two of my four have cars and their licences. So, when you guys get yours, don't expect us to go to Josh's every time.

That's all well and good mic, except that we don't know what a mannerism is. Will you explain that to us?

Atm I'm just procrastinating.
Yeh, me too

My birthday is comming up
Uh, when is that precisely? I might have to get you a present of some kind...

I didn't realise care factors were measured in binary = 11111.
Does that mean that you have a care factor of 31?
Oh, and shaz, thanks for the WD advice.

(Oh yeah and BTW unlike most other chokers, I dominate Yoshi more than I do Pika and Marth. Let that be your ponderage my reptilian comrade.)
Hmm, that would be an interesting match, as I dominate with Yoshi more than I do with Pika and Marth... Ponder that you space animal-like thingy...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Bunnyhood? Wave dash on the UFO?

Musgrave: 18th July

I'll explain the mannerism later, as the kids are back.

EDIT: Kids gone, day is over. I'll tell you all what. If you still want to know on.....Thursday, I'll tell you.

[qoute]He's in the centre of all your houses... I'm in the centre of my four's houses. (That's if I can call them my four... meh) Really, the only difference is that two of my four have cars and their licences. So, when you guys get yours, don't expect us to go to Josh's every time.[/quote]

I agree. I actually got around to driving around (hmm) and have got some more skils under my belt. Soon I shal hopefully go for my P's. (After a prof lesson or 5. Stupid laws)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have done it. Josh and myself have sucessfully digitised video footage of people playing smash and within a matter of hours they will be on DC++ for everyone to see. So far we have done all the ones we wanted on, except the 5 stock Josh vs Ryan, we just ran out of time. But now that we know how to do it we should be getting more and more good vids up very soon. Also, Melbourne clan, get the tourney tapes and send them over here, unless Zant3tsuken can digitise them.

If anyone would like their smash vids to be put on the DC++, simply send them to Josh and we will digitse them and place them on DC++ for all to see. This offer applies to residents of Australia only.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Also, Melbourne clan, get the tourney tapes and send them over here, unless Zant3tsuken can digitise them.
I can't personally, no... however due to the nature of lecture theatres and anime screenings the club does the reverse regularly so it shouldnt be too much of a problem in the future. But not for a couple of months at least. :/

kupo

Smash Lord
First of all...

Cheers to Mat and Josh for getting the vids up. Awesome stuff.

Second, Jon sucks.

Thirdly, the match with Quez' Peach agaist Kentons Sheik is totally ****ING awesome. You've improved heaps Quez. Props to you. I feel like training my *** off, so I can get my revenge on you. Also, you're my inspiration.
Kenton, rock on man. I've noticed large improvements. Keep it up the ***** slap, yo.

That's all I can say for now, for I have not seen other vids. Anyways, keep up the good work!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
zant, go here.

i don't think it'll work for you unless you have a pretty good broadband connection, though, since the distance between aussie and most of the other hub users is pretty big (connection time outs and all...). hrmmm... maybe you could still use it, even without broadband, if you try to connect to another aussie user... that should keep timeout problems to a minimum... just ask quetz, musgrave, or (i think) cubed what their dc++ monikers are (most likely the same as the board names) and go from there.

Top Bottom