• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
First of all, Mic. ***. Second of all, Mat. Double ***. Now that that's established, let me just say who cares? Perth now has another restaurant! Whoop dee do. I dont even watch the show and I could care less for the Melbourians. The Perthites are exactly the same as the Vics, just in a less developed metrolpolitan area. Wow, ownage there! Gee I feel so crushed, why doesnt this aching go away?

Also, a restaurant is somewhere you go to eat, to satisfy hunger, which in turn churns through your stomach, down through your guts, and out of ones @sshole. It involves contractions of the diaphragm, and is in actual fact, one of the most satisfying of human functions, excrement of waste is designed to make one feel relief. As with urine, but on a slightly less dramatic level. So all in all, we have another generator of faecal matter in the Perth region. A crap factory is born. Rock on!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Thats right, i forgot that melbourne people where unable to take a joke. I will refrain from making any more from now on. Also, i dont want to be fused with Mic_128, im much better than him and i feel his crappiness will stunt my smash abilities.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
hehe... interstate rivalry is always fun.
Cubed64: You have to do slightly better than attack a state based on contestants of a reality tv show :p

Melb guys and gals: My flatmates have reservations about having a group of people I've never met before come around. Although I'm sure you're all nice peoples and what not I can't really argue with that. Still I'd love to do this something sometime soon :)

bn

Smash Rookie
I'm one of said flatmates. It's not that I have anything against any of you guys, I'd just like to know you're not all stalkers and rapists first (it's a long story as to why I'm this cautious). Not sure if Zan has mentioned the games day/night we have coming up out at La Trobe uni, but if I could meet some of you there and just test the waters a bit then I'd be happy for a bit of 30cm smash action. Hehe, I don't play myself, but I don't mind watching a good game, and with Zan mouthing off about how he can't find any competition in Melbourne it will be good to see him get his arse handed to him for once :D

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
btw I issued a challenge over student radio that if I was beaten in a challenge I would have someone record me jumping into latrobe uni's moat... I dont recall that challenge ever having an expiry date :beezo:

lol... thats how baddly I've wanted competition for this game and I ended up having to go find it on the net :rolleyes:

kupo

Smash Lord
Lol. Now i want to issue a challenge to Shaz [Falco ditto ;)] to jump in the moat WITH you. Haha, that'd be priceless!

Um, do you want out personal details and all, like contact No.? Then you can get to know us better and know whether or not we're rapists/stalkers/whatever. Heh...and if you're still not convinced, I spose we could go to the gaming day.

...Speaking of which...when is gaming day?

Thats right, i forgot that melbourne people where unable to take a joke.
Quoted from MLG Thread.

El Coro posted

heh, well you could just take the easy way out and move to the states where all the tourneys are.

if that's not your cup o' tea... ummm.... ****, aussie sucks, man. you guys are gonna have to get your own set of indie tourneys running for a while...
Cubed posted...
Originally by a moron: [quoted from Coro's post]

Hey CORY, shut it. Australia rules. Well Perth does. Melbourne has a grand total of 4 smash players while Perth has a repectible total of 10. Poor ol' Melbourne:chuckle:

Who couldn't take the joke?

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
Still yet to know whether glenn and james are coming to the tournament, mic, im looking at you, don't you have their phone numbers in a pm or something? Glenn, if you come online, ring us up and tells us if you can come this sunday!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by kupo:
Who couldn't take the joke?
Why, that would be me :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: . Well, he was insulting Australia, thats not cool. I was insulting Melbourne, which is cool. Nah, just kidding, you crazy eastern people are alright.

Glenn, please try and make it on sunday, the only way we are going to grow as a smash community is if everyone is in for the long haul.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Glenn, if you haven't posted here or contacted one of us by Saturday, I'm driving to your house and knocking on your door! One way or another we're gonna get to you...

Lol. Now i want to issue a challenge to Shaz [Falco ditto ] to jump in the moat WITH you. Haha, that'd be priceless!
Haha! I'd like to see that!

Not sure if Zan has mentioned the games day/night we have coming up out at La Trobe uni
Wow, I'm gonna have to see if there's something like this at our uni... and if not, I'm gonna make one!

Mic's officially known as Cub_128. Go suck up to daddy.
I don't know about anyone else, but this confused me...

Can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
rmusgrave: Most universities I know have a Clubs & Societies department in SRC. If you affiliate with them they should provide you with some financial support in running events and you should be able to use some of the university's rooms without cost. Of course it could be completely different wherever you go, but check it out anyway :)

kupo: Dont worry about the personal details thing until more specific stuff has been arranged. I know bn sounds a little precautious but... well... there was this one instance where he had to change his phone number over a guy he knew from the net. :(

As for the games day, it hasn't been decided yet. It's not easy to get a hold of a room which we want after hours at our uni. :rolleyes:

Pandemonium

Smash Rookie
How many Sydney smashers are there and who are they? I don't really feel like looking through 50+ pages so if you could tell me it would be hugely appreciated.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Welcome to the boards Pandemonium. Nesis did a search for australian smashers and he came up with this:
NSW
liteon
UberMonkie, Sydney
kazoompah, Sydney
MeleeChampion, Sydney
nesis*, Sydney <happysniff@hotmail.com>
Haha Monkey*, Sydney
BeeboW*, Sydney
FaTc0p, Sydney <Sub_Zer0_2003@hotmail.com>
Heirware <sandbag_lives@hotmail.com>
Omega, Sydney
K W, Sydney
Max, Sydney <FireEmblem@hotmail.com>
Narcu, Sydney <da_twister50@hotmail.com>
Anon x 3, Sydney
Unfortunatly that is all the info he was able to gather. Since your new, why not give us some more info? What charcter you use, do you know any other smashers? How good do you reckon you are?

Anyway, glenn, if you have read our posts and you still havent replied, guess what? Ryan is driving to your house on sunday, kicking down the door and dragging you out and driving to josh's place. So really, you have no choice in the matter. But reply ASAP anyway.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Matt especially has to get over this 4 only in vic thing.....there are more than that....My brother, his friend James, my friend Daniel, Cellas brother Carlos and our friends Dale and Emanuel(sp) all play smash also...not to mention all of them could probably beat James were we judging by the level he was at while we were in Perth, so it's not like they 'don't count'. Perhaps you should just get over it already Matt..you've said it like 20 times...Go to Uni, learn civil engineering, build a bridge, and get over it.
Sorry to be harsh but you've way past over milked that bessy and it's getting really annoying.
Thank you for your time
Cronos_Rainbow

CORY

wut
BRoomer
no, mat(t), you really really really can't take jokes for ****. you're too pissy about everything. mat -- matt; what's the difference? NOTHING. yet you piss and moan about it constantly.

you don't seem to have issues with pestering and teasing others at all, but god forbid we do anything back to you.... if you knew how to take a joke AT ALL, you would realize the quote up there by me WAS A ****ING JOKE. A JOKE. do you honestly believe i think aussie sucks? do you? please say yes so i can confirm that you really are just an idiot/douchebag/****tard/any other fun word to throw in here.

you wonder why alot of us have some sort of animosity towards you? it's because you cannot take a joke. you can't take jokes/teasing very well at all, yet you think you should be able to do the same to us. get over yourself, learn to laugh at your faults and foibles, don't take everything as though it was a personal attack on you. just take jokes for what they are: jokes.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
*the sound of Mat getting wrecked: OOOOoooOOoOOoOOOOOO!*
lolol
Cory, will you marry me? :D

kupo

Smash Lord
Zant3tsuken: Is it possible to have gaming day on the weekend? It would REALLY increase my chances in going...If not, I'll do my best to make it ^^.

In addition to CORY and CR's post, Mat(t) I hate the way you make Perth sound like some Godly place. Heck, Perth is the hotshot because WE WERE THERE. We made the freakin' tourney happen. You really start to change my decision on going back there. Stop being an arrogant prick, or just shut the **** up.

And about the "Grand total of 4", you haven't heard my crew. We thrash your poor numbers riiiiight there.

Sabre: lol S2 <3

CORY: I'm marrying you too.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
888th post! w00t!

Hands off, he's mine! Don't make me fight you for him. :D

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo
Zant3tsuken: Is it possible to have gaming day on the weekend? It would REALLY increase my chances in going...If not, I'll do my best to make it ^^..
Hmm... It doesn't really help that the myself and one of the other main organisers work Saturday nights from 5pm onwards. At best it would be on a Sunday which is okay. Of course the Uni doesn't book out rooms on weekends anyway. A solid room booking system hasn't been worked out, but I'll keep it in mind :)

Oh my, it appears I walked in in times of turmoil and disgrace
heh ^_^;

Pandemonium

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Cubed64
Welcome to the boards Pandemonium. Nesis did a search for australian smashers and he came up with this:

Unfortunatly that is all the info he was able to gather. Since your new, why not give us some more info? What charcter you use, do you know any other smashers? How good do you reckon you are?
Hi. Thanks for the list of smashers. I will be sure to organise something when I get back from Ireland (and the Judgement Day tourney).

My main characters are Roy and Ganondorf but I use Jigglypuff and Marth sometimes. I know several people who have SSBM and they are all very good. They can all probably compete at tourney level. I am at the same level as them.

Are there any tournaments scheduled for any date after July 9? In the Sydney area for preference.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Maybe you guys didnt read my 2nd last post properly:
Nah, just kidding, you crazy eastern people are alright.
Once more, just for clarity:
And while im here, cory, your alright too. Congratulations everyone for abusing me, some of your posts made me laugh myself silly, especially cory's. Anyway.....just once more:
It appears that we have found a new aussie smasher, welcome to the boards Chaospower. I think Alice Springs is a bit far away from everybody else but hey, there is still a chance that one of us will win lotto and we will all be able to meet up!!!! But for the time being, why dont you fill us in on a few details, which character you use, your crew, etc......

Just once more, so no-one is confused:

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I think everyone might want to check their egos at the door, myself included. This is a place for catching up, posting help, and holding/creating tournaments for times to come. This whole thing is beginning to give each of us, and Australian smashers as a collective, a bad name if this pettiness cannot be stopped. I'd like to say that there was no reason for the whole lot, but Mat, you have to stop tooting Perth's horn, (we're sick of it), and in return, we wont call you a **** for doing so.

That's all.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
It's CapJon FalJon flaming time!

Jon, you stupid jerk-headed royal king butt-head! Get the heck past it! No-one cares about Aus 'cept Coro. Besides, who cares if it gives us a bad name, it's not like they can ban us for having opinions on Aus and Aussies, they just won't let us in back room.....like they ever would anyway! So yeah, Jon, leave your ego at ure bro's bedroom door while waking him up with a nice bowl of hot oats wearing a Falcon mask....I think this would best benefit everyone you racing drama queen/speed king bounty hunter in search of a pair of pupils to call his own...yeah that's right, you can't even see your (oOoooOoOOOoh) little boy! You're despicable!
PS: You're in your mid fourties, lose the gymnastics leotard you wore when you won the (insert weird F-zero planet name here) annual boy-tossing competition with an awesome Up-B you old fool. IT'S ALL IN THE PAST!, and Young Link's all grown up now! Mind you he's still wearing dresses and even tights now since you permanently scarred him with you're 'harmless fun and games'.
PPS: Stop leaning backwards for a half a sec when you attack! I can't even begin to explain how often I dodge and cop it or attack and miss your studly leaning back body in-game. YOU SEXY OLD BRUTE!

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Originally by Sabreant:
Mat, you have to stop tooting Perth's horn, (we're sick of it), and in return, we wont call you a **** for doing so.
That was what my last post was all about!!!! read it for crying out loud. Just for jon, I APOLOGISE.

Anyway, Glenn/James. Youd better be coming to the tourney or we will all be very dissapointed.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I leave the boards for a week and we have 3 pages pop up? geez! *Goes and sues someone* Anyway, PERTH RULES! Nah, we don't really. Australia may, but yeah. *Doesmannerism* Hmm. All the smilies are x's. Wierd. Anyhoo....I am Hopefully gonna call Glen today (I think I may have his number, otherwise I'll get the dragging equip musgrave!

I'm thinking of ditching Tafe today....

Pwnage

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Cubed64
Anyway, Glenn/James. Youd better be coming to the tourney or we will all be very dissapointed. [/B]
Shiznit, sorry everyone i havent been able to check here much coz my stupid internet decided it didn't want to connect to a port or somthing leaving me internetless ( i am at school now btw...)
We can't come to the tournament on sunday coz were staying round our cousins place from friday thru to monday and she's been planning it for a while apparently so we can't really let her down and stuff... Yeah so sorry about this.. maybe next time?
BTW i havent even plugged my gamecube in since the night before the last tournament so when we meet dont expect us to be any better... stupid school and their exams... Which may i add are next week :crazy:

EDIT: Also since this is the last lesson i have with computer access before the exam/holiday period i wont have access to the internet for about 2 weeks unless my internet decides to stop being so uncooperative, so dont be suprised by my mysterious absence...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It won't be that mysterious now wil it? But that's probably the point. Meh. We'll miss you, good luck for the exams, and don't forget to do mannerisms. Good luck. *Salutes*

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Thanks for the clarification Mat, I'm glad you think we're crazy. Glenn, I cant believe your GameCube was even unhooked! If you read this post when you get on the net next, slap yourself for me. Hard. Maybe twice. Emily, good playing with you yesterday btw ^^ OoOooOOO!

*does mannerism in the groin area, directing it at mic*

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey hey everybody!!! I'm the first one to post here after the perth smashfest (cancelled mini-tourney)

Quetza's 4 have improved since we last saw them, and so have mic and I. Unfortunately, Mothy and Chris couldn't come, due to 'specific' circumstances (Mothy has exams, so stayed home to study; whereas Chris was up till 3 last night drinking with friends) Nevertheless, it was a fun day, and we all had a great time.

Me and Bryce are currently the team tourney champions of Perth:chuckle: Yes, you all know what happened! MUHAHAHA!
(Sorry)

I beat the reigning ozzie champ, Josh 3 of 4 times (i think), but crumbled against the SHL of Mat(t). But then, I just hate not being able to sidestep dodge the fsmash...

By the sounds of it, OUR VIDS are going to be up b4 the weekend *glares evilly at Jon*. I mean, sure, you want bios. We want videos! You give us vids and we give you bios!!!! GRRR
(Sorry again)

Oh well, I can't think of anything important to post... except that the does mannerism thing is annoying...

P.S. Glenn, please practice when u get the opportunity. We need more smashers to keep up with the Melbourners!!! (Cubed, don't say anything!!!)

K, c'yall later!

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
Me and Bryce are currently the team tourney champions of Perth Yes, you all know what happened! MUHAHAHA!
Uh, I thought me and Quetza were the champs with our Shiek/Peach ownage. Shame about the tournament. I had been looking forward to it for 6 weeks! sigh... Anyway, It was fun meeting up with Mic and Ryan again. You guys have definitely gotten better.

Lol. Mat, you got verbally abused.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
3rd poster since the canceled mini-tourney. Looks like everyone has vaild reasons for not turning up, but i blame josh's organisational skills:D :D . Anyway, lets look over some quotes:

Originally by Pwnage:
We can't come to the tournament on sunday
Too bad, it was heaps of fun, next time maybe. Good luck for exams.

Originally by rmusgraves:
Quetza's 4 have improved since we last saw them
Gee, thanks. You guys have improved as well.

but crumbled against the SHL of Mat(t). But then, I just hate not being able to sidestep dodge the fsmash...
mwhahahahahaha, gotta love no-pants falco.

By the sounds of it, OUR VIDS are going to be up b4 the weekend *glares evilly at Jon*. I mean, sure, you want bios. We want videos! You give us vids and we give you bios!!!! GRRR
Yay. Jon, send the tapes back here. I know your trying hard but your just taking way too long. Sorry mate, just do it.

Glenn, please practice when u get the opportunity. We need more smashers to keep up with the Melbourners!!! (Cubed, don't say anything!!!)
must resist........ dont be an @$$hole ........ *gasp*............ whew, lucky.

OMFG, KENTON POSTED!!!!!!!!! IT MUST BE A BLUE MOON OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, yes, your pwnage team did rock us all, but with team attack off, team falco will prevail. And by team falco i mean me and a level 9 computer........ just kidding mic.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by rmusgrave
Woah, cool... smash vids. It would be nice to preview just how baddly I'd get my arse handed back to me in the comfort of my own home. Sounded like funny... gotta love the 'indyness' of it all :chuckle:

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
OMFG, KENTON POSTED!!!!!!!!! IT MUST BE A BLUE MOON OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that you mention it, the moon is looking a little blue.
team falco will prevail
WAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH. Team Falco got badly owned by Team low tier (which consisted of my Game and watch and Joshs Mewtwo). Its Official: Team falco sucks.:chuckle:

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Maybe you should read my post properly Stitchface, i siad with team attack OFF team falco will prevail. Get all the facts straight before you start making unfounded accusations.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I often play matches where I'm, Fox vs Emily and Jon as anything but Fox, Sheik, Marth or Peach...It's pretty fun, and it proves to be good for your game also.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
haha, yeah, double falco teams are really mean (to themselves) with ta on. ta off, though... that's a totally different thing.... i feel dirty when i play double falcoes with ta off....

yeah... that's about it... my head's still not working since akon's madness...

Top Bottom