• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I have a couple Tuesdays free coming up, (as does Shaz). Maybe you could come by then Zan? This Tuesday is free, but the 2 following it are not. Then, after those 2, I believe the rest are for a while.

I'd be worth vsing now at least.
We'll see. ^^

Jon again: If you truly believe you can beat me ure Fox ure Falco whatever....stop boasting about one win as soon as it happens and take me best of 5 for the title...the offer is there. All the same it's flattering to hear you talk about beating me as I take that as a compliment, and congrats on wins you do get, you're earning them more and more now by better style and less by pot shots and cheap unpausing...OooooOOooOooH!
Have you gotten your ticket yet? Are you going with Emily to Knox or what? If not then you and I should get our tickets at some stage for FG...I've got money now.
Good to hear. We get the ticket Monday night if thats ok with you. Maybe Em wants to buy separate? I dunno, but I dont want to be in the same rounds as both of you, we need to spread out a bit. Oh, and yeah, I dont mind you taking it as a compliment that I think its good when I win. If you were insulted by me winning that'd just mean you were a **** :p I'll title match you sometime. And also take back that DK title you apparently got from me.

more now by better style and less by pot shots and cheap unpausing
Hehehe.. how I miss those unpauses...
*Shaz goes to toilet*
-UNPAUSE-
*Giant Punch to the head*
-PAUSE-
*Shaz comes back*
Me: "What?"

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by kupo
I can teach Zan how to play ^^. I'm free now til the 13th of Aug. which is on Friday[Except for next Thursday].Lol, Zan can learn from El Coro while he's here. ^^.
Heh, that sounds good, and it would interesting to meet an American player who I imagine would have a bloody good idea how the scene is over there. Of course, my life becomes free AFTER that weekend :(
Either way, I'd be happy to arrange some time I can head your way, it's not as easy anymore, Uni starts again tomorrow, and during the week I imagine only night would suit me. Weekends are sketchy as well. Best thing to do (this applies to all you Melb guys) is to throw dates at me and I'll see what works. Oh... Tuesday is my busiest day at uni :(

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Everybody, Quetz is in dire need of support in Big Brother 2 in Forum games. If you havent already, please go here and simply post I vote for Matt. Thats all you have to do AND you get one gil!! cool huh.

Thanks to everyone that played in the tourney etc..... We will look through the tapes and get the good ones on the Dc++ hub ASAP.

The Stitchface

Smash Cadet
Thankfully, we actually had a tournie this time round and it was pretty fun. Well done to mothy and idle, considering they dont own the game, they were able to pull off some fair combos and I was impressed.

Congrats to Josh, who came first.(Ill try harder next time Josh, I was happy with second)

Bryce-Congrats on third. It was a shame I knocked you out.Your Captain falcon played very well against mat and ryans marth.

Ryan-You played pretty well.You pulled off some pretty impressive combos there. Bryce says he didnt understand why you went ness, but he said his doctor mario beat your yoshi fair and square.

Mat-Considering that you had to play Josh then Bryce, fifth is pretty reasonable. I thought ganon was a bad idea and after SD agaist Bryce, you crumpled. Well done anyway.

Mic-Even though you came last, you have improved a lot since last time I saw you. Your falco is getting pretty good and I reckon with a bit more practice, you might get a better place.(You almost beat Mat!)

Yeah, so it was fun and hopefully everyone will get to see the matches when the vids come out.:)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
All of my defeats were on my last stock ,reletivly high damage and were caused byy me choking. Seriously, what other reaso is there for me doing an up-b STRAIGHT UP?

And you guys weren't that bad...;)

EDIT: Quetza's getting hammered in big bro.......
EDIT2: When did you get MeleeBR acess Josh?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
OOoOOO! Ah! Owned Mat. Nearly beaten by Mic? I thought you were godlike now? Unstoppable Ganon and all that. Pfft. My confidence in you is now shattered. Come back to Melbourne, or fly us over so we can show you our moves. ^^

Zan, more dates as I know them. For now, nothing. Em, OoOoOOOOOO! MEet up with us sometime soon. We have much practisin to be done.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
We need to get some vids up guys, the Perth guys are flooring us popularity-wise! congrats to all of you on your tourny Perthy. Keep it up, and get even better.
Josh, maybe you should teach the guys a little on how to beat Peach, you're hogging the glory. If you're truly the best you'll tell them your weaknesses then play....well that's my philosophy anyway....just watch;
Em: To beat my Fox and Falco, just unpause when I get the phone go to the toilet answer the door etc. and you can let loose some mega ownage.
Jon: Sing the oobity loud and proud!
Cella: Keep tipping me more please :)
Zan: Vs me again and I'll see...

Yeah anyway, good work Mic, I grow prouder every time I hear you almost beat Mat.
Mat, you think OOOOoooOOOoH can beat Knee? HAH! Get out of here yoOOooooOoOOoOOu!

Raging Josh son of Peach, good stuff, keep it up and I'll let you get revenge for the grudge matches. Keep the Perth title and I'll rep. Vic then you can claim to be the best in Australia......n Tourny thread :) hehe.

Kenton and Bryce, I rarely see/hear much of you guys, but I'm glad to see you're still chugging along. Keep up the good work, and join forces with Ryan and Mic to dethrone Josh. Don't join with Mat though he's insulting to bird-kind :p Hehe, just kidding Mat.

Jon, you are soOooOOooO beautiful, toooooo, kneeeeeeEEeEE! YEHS!

(Falcons advice for Ryan)Ryan, don't make up excuses, you sound sorry and sad like Shaz always does...just accept defeat and know in your heart of hearts you are a better smasher than figures show. Placing is only a number after all :) it's not the most accurate thing anyway. Play a round robin then you'll have a fairer view on how you stand. Of all smashers everywhere I, Falcon can see the skill you got well enough to say you're a class act, so keep reaching for the stars little boy! YEHS!

Cory is comin soon....cool! I can't wait to vs major shuffled fair. Not to mention the fact I'm yet to lose to a Falco who does two staple moves, neither of which has the kings KO potential. YEHS!

I wanna be in Perth or you guys be here :( I wanna vs you guys again.....I wanna mop the floor with Mat just to prove my point :) I wanna teach Mic and Mat the meaning of Falco; the Shaz way so they have something else to go off apart from shuffle nair US vids and Emily. I wanna vs Josh with my Mewtwo to see how much better he's gotten. I wanna beat Ryans Yoshi with my Fox to prove another point. I wanna......ahhh hhhhaaah hhhaaaa haaahhh my way down the search for a super model catwalk and claim to be named "star player of the Zanarkand Abes"....oh, wrong fantasy. I wanna vs these new guys I've never seen before. That's it, Perth guys get your butts into gear and work on your Yoga so you can fit into Ryans suitcase, you're all comin here ok? Thanks, good.

Coro, are you still alive?

Falco: Fu(k, look behind you!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
(Falcons advice for Ryan)
Lol, that was good. But, I am sorry about getting cocky. I mean, what other reason is there for me to volunteer my Ness to be daddy falconed in the 3rd last round of the tournament?

But Bryce's doc won fair and square, and I compliment him.

Cella: Be warned. Marth is now my second best, and I have a Marth to vs all the time now. I may not be the pushover I was last time. =P

Mic: If you want, I can give you my accelerated training method I've used on Tim and Chris ^^. It's brought them up to your level, and with Tim possibly getting a cube soon, you might need the practice. And it's also my opinion that you would do better with an extra phone line and greater download limit than 200MB bband (assuming similar price etc). It's just that the d/l limit will only give you about 200 minutes constant d/ling on the net each month. Which is just over 3 hours. But, its yours and your parents decision.

Jon: Bfe waraned.g..

Falco: Hah! April fools! ^^

nesis

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, long time no talk. Any new people post here from Sydney? I'm still stuck facing the same old AI and, on the odd occasion, these "friends" you guys keep raving about :p

Nothing much has been happening lately smash-wise for me, so I'm left wondering if there are any tournies planned in Sydney? There was one semi-local one planned for last holidays, but it flopped because nobody was available at one time and we didn't have a venue. Hopefully by next holidays we'll be able to find a suitable place and enough smashers to make a decent tourny. If worst comes to worst with the venue, I could always check up what's happening with a local community centre >_O

If anyone in the Sydney area wants to meet up for some friendly smashing, just contact me via msn on happysniff@hotmail.com. I should be on nearly every day in the afternoon (around 4:30-10pm) some time.

Another thing I'd like to check up is if there are any new smashers who'd like to be added to that particularly old list of Aussie smashers. So, if there is anyone out there who'd like to become known among the Aussie smash community, just put in a name they want to be called by, the state (and possibly city) they live in and maybe an email address for contacting them.

Erm, anyways, the main point for this post was to prove to you all that I'm not dead and that I am in fact craving some new and hopefully challenging competition.

Ciao ^^

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey again Nesis.

Save up money to come over here, and we'll organise an interstate tourney again ^^ (at some point). It'll be good to meet some new smashers.

Oh, and were you the guy that came up with the list of aussie smashers before? If so, can you still contact some of those people from Perth? It's just that we're looking to expand our little smash community, and the more we can contact, the better off we'll be.

Oh, and guys? I be catchin' up with beasleej on friday. Hopefully it'll all be cool, and I'll convince him that Yoshi should be top-tier if not broken ^^.

K, cyas

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by rmusgrave
my opinion that you would do better with an extra phone line and greater download limit than 200MB bband (assuming similar price etc). It's just that the d/l limit will only give you about 200 minutes constant d/ling on the net each month. Which is just over 3 hours. But, its yours and your parents decision.
You make it sound like I have the net already. Sigh.....

And you may as well put me down for your Crash course in SSBM, "Profesor" Tootallforamini.:D

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
I think everyone that posts here regulary is now allowed into the back room. How friggin cool is that? I would like to thank cory and amo for letting us in.

Originally by The Stitchface:
Mat-Considering that you had to play Josh then Bryce, fifth is pretty reasonable. I thought ganon was a bad idea and after SD agaist Bryce, you crumpled. Well done anyway.
Yes, a few bad descsions on my behalf.

Originally by SabreAnt:
OOoOOO! Ah! Owned Mat. Nearly beaten by Mic? I thought you were godlike now? Unstoppable Ganon and all that
When did i say unstoppable dorf?? When? Anyhoo, i was not nearly beaten by Mic. Me=5th Mic=8th. You do the math.

Originally by Cronos_Rainbow:
We need to get some vids up guys, the Perth guys are flooring us popularity-wise
Of course we are, but then again, when have you ever been more popular than us??

I wanna be in Perth or you guys be here I wanna vs you guys again.....I wanna mop the floor with Mat just to prove my point I wanna teach Mic and Mat the meaning of Falco
Bwhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahaahahhahahahahahha........... Ah, your good for a laugh. Oh and by the way, i was laughing AT you, not WITH you. And yes, i do wish we were all together again for Eastern Invasion 2 + 1 Texan.

you're all comin here ok? Thanks, good.
We are? Cool, i just need a tad more cash before i can make the trip. But the second i have the money to fly over there, i will by a new computer and a PS2, but the second i have the money again, i will by a car, but the third time, i will come over. And what the hey, so will everyone else.

Oringinally by rmusgrave:
Oh, and guys? I be catchin' up with beasleej on friday. Hopefully it'll all be cool, and I'll convince him that Yoshi should be top-tier if not broken ^^.
Cool. Try and convince him to come to the next monthly tourney, which is already being prepared!

Thats my speil for the day.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Bah Mat, Bah Shaz. Bah ****. I'll Oobity your butt good Shaz. Just wait. Worked on.. uh someone today. Dont remember who. But yeah, fagged over, they were. [/Yoda]

I cant remember what I was going to post originally but yeah. MSN is distracting me.

*Edit* Oh yeah, now I remember what it was: OOoOoOOOoOooooOOO!!!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Yes, a few bad descsions on my behalf.
...Such as thinking he could win.
Of course we are, but then again, when have you ever been more popular than us??
How many overseas ppl you got comin over there?
Bwhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahaahahhahahahahahha........... Ah, your good for a laugh.
You know what else is good for a laugh? Watching the matches of your Falco vs my Fox (who Falco is supposed to counter) and watching you get incredibly wrecked. :)
You've got a point, Yoshi is broken, broken to the point where he does not work. :p Nah, he's ok...if you like having no third jump recovery and lacking the ability to jump out of your shield.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyhoo, i was not nearly beaten by Mic. Me=5th Mic=8th. You do the math.
Um, that is true. However, the falco ditto you had with him was closer than usual. =D

How many overseas ppl you got comin over there?
Plenty, just no smash related ones. =P

We are? Cool, i just need a tad more cash before i can make the trip. But the second i have the money to fly over there, i will by a new computer and a PS2, but the second i have the money again, i will by a car, but the third time, i will come over. And what the hey, so will everyone else.
Heh. I already have a car, and a new computer, and I don't want a PS2. In fact, I already have the money. I'm just waiting for everyone else to get off their butts and make the money for the trip over :D . So, whenever you're ready guys...:rolleyes:

'Tis a pity, beasleej had to cancel last minute, but we'll catch up later. It's all good.

You've got a point, Yoshi is broken, broken to the point where he does not work. :p Nah, he's ok...if you like having no third jump recovery and lacking the ability to jump out of your shield.
You just don't understand the power of the DJ cancel. Let the music play! ^^ It can beat anything except a throw or a strong attack when he's already off the edge. So, nyahnyahnyah yoshi rocks!:chuckle: j/k

It's all good.

Anyways, that's about all I have to add. Cyas later y'all.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Me and Shaz are trying to make Immaunel into a crazy wavedashing Maori freak. If all else fails, he can still be the freak. ^^ And yeah, bro, hey cuz, ova here. OH you stenk, you monkey!

Em, you seriously need to own my Doc. I sd'ed twice and still won. Dont let me win, hacklike. I'll be forced to up-b you at the next available opportunity. OoOOO! Oh yeah, and ZOE2 is v.cool :D I'm up to uhh... the room goes dark. Inhert? Its cool ^^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cubed64
I think everyone that posts here regulary is now allowed into the back room. How friggin cool is that?
Not that cool. I don't have access.....oh well. At least I have the pool-uh, backrooom.

Musgrav's smashing everyone down here at youthgroup. Pretty funny really.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
BUMP!!!

We're on the second page again...

Musgrav's smashing everyone down here at youthgroup. Pretty funny really.
Heh, the only good(ish) people there were you, tim, me and a guy who had ssb. His Kirby did alright.

It was esp. funny when phil challenged me to time how long it took me to take 5 stock off of 2 noobs (only had 3 controllers). Ashamedly, my best was 2:24 with Jigglypuff... I need rest practice :(

Nevertheless, I'm hoping for Josh to organise the next tourney soon. And mic, what night do you think you'll be free if I organise a day for you, me, tim and chris to catch up weekly? That way we'll all get good practice in, and hopefully all of us can keep up with the Apocolyspe smashers here.

But until then, start practicing. ^^

And as for you eastern states people, prepare for the Yoshi juggernaut coming at you later this year. That way, I can test my Yoshi versing a Marth that doesn't know my strategies inside out. And I can vs a decent DK, and a decent Fox, and I can strip Em's worst falco title off her.

Booyah!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Hehe, I actually played DK today for the first time in a while. Old chap kinda lost his shine for bit there. Oh well, I beat Cella's Marth with him, and then of course, I lost the rematch, as you do. But yeah I was doing quite well. Very pleased.

Ok, I'm dead tired, but yeah, we had round 1 of the Nintendo Super Challenge today. 1080' Avalanche was the game, and yeah everything went alright but because there was only 80-100 people at Fountain Gate cinema, there were 3 heats all up. (the turnout was smallish because its spraed out over 6 cinemas) Apparently, the best result you achieved of the 3, was the one they recorded up against your name. So heres how me and Shaz went:

Heat 1 - Me 3rd, Shaz 3rd
Heat 2 - Me 1st, Shaz 1st
Heat 3 - Me 2nd, Shaz 3rd

We both got a first placing at one point so yay! We're pretty pleased with that. Cella got the 2nd highest score of the day on Donkey Konga, scoring herself a double movie pass screening. Not sure on those details, I didnt see the ticket closely. But anyway. We've both got these cool tags that make us look official that we get to hang around our necks, they're our season passes. Bleh, major sleepiness setting in.

Ciao.

*chews out a heart in his sandwich*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Page 2 again. *Bump*

*Groan* We never get cool stuff like that.

We've both got these cool tags that make us look official that we get to hang around our necks
Tried kicking people of the consoles, cutting in line, ect?

Musgrave: Maybe Thursday?

kupo

Smash Lord
Heh, it sucks that I missed out on the 1080 session. Hopefully I can still buy the season ticket, otherwise, eh, I'll just hang out at the smash sessions. Funny how juniors think Yosh Kicks *** in HRC, Roy > Marth and all other stupid things.

...I'll stop rambling now...

I need rest practice
All you need is a sex ball and bricks. ;)

The day gets closer, closer and closer...[lol omg! SH4! =P]

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Avalanche was **** cool, but I think you can still buy a season pass even having missed round 1. Should be ok. Even if not, you can still buy passes to individual rounds for $12 I hear.

Bazoo

Smash Rookie
I won a Gameboy at the Jam Factory on Donkey Konga because the guy who came first was off tottering about somewhere else! That said though, he got a high enough score that he'll be able to win any other week he likes.

My scores in the 1080 heats were 2nd, 1st and 1st.

If anyone's organising Smash Bros. events in Melbourne over the next month or two, I'd love to attend!

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Bazoo

If anyone's organising Smash Bros. events in Melbourne over the next month or two, I'd love to attend!
See? This is why perth needs stuff like this. I mean, one new smasher is cool from a 1080 tournament...

Mic: Err, just checked my timetable. Try monday or wednesday? Most likely monday? *Sighs* Stupid uni.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
well, from the 6 to about the 12 or 13, you'll have your very own mod down in melbourne ^^

get in touch with kupo, cronos, or sabre to get all the gory details.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by CORY
well, from the 6 to about the 12 or 13, you'll have your very own mod down in melbourne ^^

get in touch with kupo, cronos, or sabre to get all the gory details.
12-13? I want names? :o

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
OMG Bazoo! Contact us by PM, or post here even. Us being either me, Cronos_Rainbow or Kupo. We are always looking to expand our smash posse. Give details and we'll see if we can organise something.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by mic_128
Mus: Monday probably.

Cool. Just need to organise Tim, and then organise a set time, and we should be right. What time will you be free then? I'll be free after 3 i think, but I'm not sure. And will we swap houses on alternating weeks? Ahh, this is gonna be cool.

And that's a cool avvy mic.

You too Kupo.

Originally posted by CORY
no, not 12 or 13 people, from the 12 to the 13 i'll be in aussie ^^;;
Hmm, one day? Not much time me thinks. ^^ :chuckle:

OMG Bazoo! Contact us by PM, or post here even. Us being either me, Cronos_Rainbow or Kupo. We are always looking to expand our smash posse. Give details and we'll see if we can organise something.
Do what the man says Bazoo! The more dedicated smashers the better!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Oh man, this guy is a one post wonder methinks. I wish he'd come back :( Oh well, I still have the posse to keep me company. Ooooh, only hrs left to go before we see el Coro. Will be most interesting. Upping bet to $340 on Shaz.. nah. He aint that good :p Choker. He'd lose on purpose to split the money between himself and Coro. Either that, or he'll agree to play the NTSC version and allow himself to be infinitied. AH! Shaz.

Good visiting you today Em. ^^ See you tomorrow afternoon. At the latest.

Bazoo

Smash Rookie
two post wonder, at the very least. :)

my email address is khornate at hotmail dot com (sorry, but the addy is on enough spam lists as it is :) ). send me an oi, by all means!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oooh! I'm in Bazoo's sig! I didn't know I could stand......

Mus: There are a few new ones, and when I saw this one....:love:
Alternate houses I guess sounds cool, though I may have to bum lifts from people....I need my **** licence.

EDIT: Just saw this, it's so true.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Yeah he's here.
Umm...yeah we played and recorded some matches.
Okay...
Coro says this about him vs Emily; VS Emily he loses ditto matches in SF. If he uses the opposing SF it gets closer (SF is starfox btw.) His Climbers if he grabs, he gets the stock (**** chain) and he says overall he beats her with IC's. He is yet to play more Doc vs her.
Emily agrees with what he says. She calls IC grabs gay.
I say: Cory is a gahy fhag coz he uses my name (Shaz) on the vids lol. so when u see them dont get confused. Yeah, his grabs with climbers is annoying....works well, but can be escaped. Umm....yeah my Fox vs his climbers is even now (same amount of wins to losses) and I wont vs him again incase he wins the next one ^^ nyahaha. yeah, pretty much I own his climbers up until the grab :(. My Fox beat his Falco pretty convincingly so Jon is now richer if anyone went through with the bet. His Purin (thats right the japanese NTSC one) was getting its *** kicked by my Fox....though he beat me on Icicle Moutain :(. His Doc ALWAYS beats mine....it's annoying :@ It comes down to the last stock and he somehow always wins with that **** wall of pain even if my percent is low and he's prime for the killing!!! (Me = choker) LOL yeah he's good at Doc. Umm....I dunno....he owns me with Doc dittos more than anything. It's 1.1 ICs dittos between us. My Falco over his Falcon, His IC's over anything with little black eyes cept Pichu who I havent tried yet, and Kirby who I beat his climbers with :) Yeah, all up he's v. fun to vs though, and he tends to camp in times of deperation, as do I, so our matches get pretty long sometimes.
Myself vs Emily she's yet to win a Fox v Fox (Had 4 so far).....though her Falco beat mine one time (played one Falc vs Falc....and she won it :()
NTSC Fox is awesome.....it's forward smash does 24% damage unlike ours which is something lame like 17% His Up smash in NTSC does like 19% and in ours it's a little better. Fox is heavier and has a way longer FireFox in NTSC also....like way longer. Almost a third longer by the feels of it, it's crazy! Fox owns in NTSC. Only down side is his fair is shorter and has less priority by heaps compared to PAL, and he cant tech out of Falcos dthrow.....that's a small price to pay for a longer rec., heavier weight, ownage smash forward and down, and Japanese taunt.
Purin has a *** of a voice and it ****s me in *** high pitch:"Pu-purdin!"

Cory has a funny accent, and an annoying Doc. Thank you for your time.

I'll let Jon post about what he played vs Coro, and you can see the vids about Cella vs Cory coz she has no comments.
Over and Out!

kupo

Smash Lord
NTSC >>>> PAL. Falco's Taunt pwns. I have yet to hear M2s.

But yeah, CORY is uber with Doc. with the wall of pain. Like Shaz said, IC grabs are pure cheapness. I know how Jon feels when I chain throw his Falcon with Peach XD.

Err, yeah, I suck vs' Ic's with Starfox characters. So far it's Top tiers > Ic's lol.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Wow, sounds like all you guys are having lots of fun. Remember to tape lots of vids and to not give them to jon, ever. Its a shame about the PAL-NTSC difference, obviously they are rather different and its a shame us over here cant play it.

Oringinally by Cronos_Rainbow:
Cory has a funny accent
Duh, hes from texas. Of course his accents funny.

Top Bottom