• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hi Erick, long time no see, yo

We just finished a tourney a couple of days ago, but we run one every month on the 3rd Saturday. Stick around this thread and you'll find out more about the next one real soon aiight?

A lot has changed in the past couple of years, some people have left, some people are new. The scene is larger, but you'll still recognize many of us.

MELBOURNE SMASH THREAD
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95746

sLibs

Smash Cadet
anyone got theres modded yet? just wondering coz i have, maybe could play sum mario XD

Sirias

Smash Champion
I have a BORROWED Wii, if that counts? :D

What does NTSC stand for? Lol.
And PAL?
Too lazy to look myself and I want Zac to explode on my n00bity.

You all have such high post counts... :'C
I should go into the other boards and post over there like I did for about 3 days then stopped and got about 100 posts a day. :D
Wow no-life. =]

Blackadder

Smash Master
You all have such high post counts... :'C
I'm like a one man army when it comes (Or at least came) to posting.
I'm surprised people didn't accuse me of being into anti-Semitism, and sending out legions of slave Jews to post for me.

I was that obsessive a poster.
As someone once said to me in my first week here at SWF: "Wow, Blackadder redefines post count".

..I've settled down summat now though guys. I used to have a 45+ count a day.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I thought i was good.
Check out my awesome post count.

<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
PAL = Phase Alternating Line
NTSC = National Television System Committee - The standardisation body that adopted it.

NTSC is America/Japan TV broadcast and display encoding.
PAL is Europe/Australia version.

Main differences: Framerate on NTSC is 60fps by default whereas PAL is 50fps. Also the colour encoding is different.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I knew where NTSC and PAL are situated, just not what they stood for, but thanks anyway. :D

Colour doesn't really matter much, though, because most T.Vs have Auto for their display.
Although I remember I tried playing an NTSC game on my old T.V and it was black-and-white. Dammit.
Stupid PAL T.Vs. Had to go and get a converter. Pff.

LOL FRANCE.
Bonjour, mon ami, je suis Kas, et j'tadore. <3

Gillthepieman

Smash Rookie
Hey if u get around to it add me to the list plz
Name: Tim
Main Characters: Young Link, Fox, Ice Climbers and whom ever i feel like playing at the time
Hotmail: Gillthepieman@hotmail

Gillthepieman

Smash Rookie
i live near the reservoir leisure center. I tried to look u up on the main page or watever but couldnt find u on the list so just add me to msn and mayb catch up for a game or somethin

Blackadder

Smash Master
Mr. Resseti.

This post is really...really...really just to say this update is made of severe win.
I'm sure everyone will turn it off soon enough, within seconds even, but you can't deny:
Win.

Sirias

Smash Champion
It's ok... I will love you anyway. <3

By the way, who're the people that I haven't met?
I'm pretty sure I've met most of the NSW-ers. I think. Although I didn't really... get to talk much with them, but I still met them and saw them and stoof.
Only a handful of the VIC-ers. :D

Wait a sec...

Freddy-teddy said:
Not into long distance relationships, sorry.
Does that mean that if I live there we'll be able to be together?! Yayuhz.

... Enough homosexuality on my part.
Excuse me.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
pity on anyone who didn't watch that grand final.

off topic times a thousand, but I saw the "azen comeback" from mlg NY.

<3 youtube.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Even though there wasn't much competition to make it exciting, the way the Cats were playing was amazing to watch. Crazy mindgames were being played all over the field and their ability to get the ball most of the time in normally 50/50 situations was spectacular.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Even though there wasn't much competition to make it exciting, the way the Cats were playing was amazing to watch. Crazy mindgames were being played all over the field and their ability to get the ball most of the time in normally 50/50 situations was spectacular.
I'm convinced there were simply 2x as many geelong guys on the ground. I mean whenever the ball got anywhere near port half forward line 3 geelong guys gang banged whoever it was going to. :o

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Ball handling in the geelong defence was incredible. Just constantly being able to find someone and get it forward so quickly. I haven't seen a team play that well since the lions went 3 straight.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
So yeah about that local sports team.

I was disinterested after I saw the score at 70-28 or so. I asked a friend not too long after that and he said it was roughly 110-28. My figures have horrible inaccuracies, but if the game isn't even and skillful then it's usually not as fun to watch. That is, unless you barrack for a certain team.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Newcomer - Lucas.

Discuss.

Ness clone? Or 2 separate Mother characters?
I think he looks unique.
I think we'll end up having 2 Mother characters playable in Brawl, and they'll both be different. Well, Ness will be essentialy as he always was, (Cough, in Smash 64 anyways) and Lucas will be...well, similar, but different.

I look forward to playing as him in my early game tests!
Weeeee, this update was good.
Save for all the "ZOMG LUCAS LOL" posts that always come up.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm gonna miss the little boi if he's gone.

:(

OoooOOoOooo.....

CATS

Smash Journeyman
lucas was originally planned to replace ness in melee, and that bottom left screen looks alot like ness down B... so here's hoping he is a replacement for that boi

if they do remove ness though after the addition of lucas i don't think it will mean still only one character from the MOTHER series. hopefully the next to be announced is claus ;3

Lucas:
His weapon of choice is a trusty slice of timber, but he'll try out a yo-yo or baseball bat if given the opportunity. Through the help of the Magypsies, Lucas learns PSI skills to aid his team during battle. His signature ability is PK LOVE.

Top Bottom