• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Dekar289

Smash Hero
The game's usually not even worth playing against people with >100 ping, so yeah, it's not flawless but it is much better if you're playing against Australians. iiNet and Zoowhouse are the main hangouts. I'm usually up for a game, MSN me and we'll play (in a couple days, I'm capped atm).
It was always GREAT fun getting combo'd by you... I'm so bad at the original :laugh:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm capped atm.
I'd say give it a try anyway. I was capped this week but was still able to play Wow and CS and soforth with no lag (well a little lag, but that's Bliz's fault. No Aus based servers...*grumble*)

snes101

Smash Apprentice
@Blackadder
If you're lagging in iiNet like I am, just use P2P Kaillera! Sure it's restricted to 1v1, but even against teh Americains I've found that the lag's unnoticeable. Of course depends if your connection's that bad or not, but it's worth a shot! :)
http://kaillera.movsq.net/ - Linky

P.S.: All the cool kids nowadays use Mupen64k.

Blackadder

Smash Master
@Blackadder
If you're lagging in iiNet like I am, just use P2P Kaillera! Sure it's restricted to 1v1, but even against teh Americains I've found that the lag's unnoticeable. Of course depends if your connection's that bad or not, but it's worth a shot! :)
http://kaillera.movsq.net/ - Linky

P.S.: All the cool kids nowadays use Mupen64k.
Hey, thanks! I've downloaded this P2P thing, and now I just need to figure the darn thing out! :laugh:
But thank you for showing me this other thingy as well.
I'd like to verse some of you guys some time, if any of you still play 64 online.

Also, since I'm no expert on these things, if Brawl gets WI-FI (As that supposed "official Cover" now suggests) will we get more lag than other places because of our distance from America?

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Hey, thanks! I've downloaded this P2P thing, and now I just need to figure the darn thing out! :laugh:
But thank you for showing me this other thingy as well.
I'd like to verse some of you guys some time, if any of you still play 64 online.

Also, since I'm no expert on these things, if Brawl gets WI-FI (As that supposed "official Cover" now suggests) will we get more lag than other places because of our distance from America?

Since we'll be getting the PAL version of Brawl, we will probably be playing Australians only. Like Mario Strikers Charged. There's no lag when the person's line is good. But if one person's line is bad, both players have lag.

Blackadder

Smash Master
@Max
Okay, I'll play you soon.

I havea bunch of stuff going on now, but I look forward to the match!

Edit:
Autralians only? Awhh...that kinda sucks.
Ah well.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
@ the idea of Australian only online. Thats the reason I didn't bother with Mario Strikers. So I'm really hoping they don't make Brawl like that, because what kinda online mode would that be? A lame one.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A worldwide option would be nice, but Strikers is still fun vsing Aussies.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
This is a pre-emptive "CALM THE **** DOWN, SHAZ! SHE'S JUST AN ASSIST TROPHY!" post =P.

That is all.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
All though the Wii has better graphic output then gba, I can’t help thinking Lyn looks rather ugly. She’s lost her anime feel from the gba. Looks too much like zero suit Samus. It’s a good thing she’s only an assist trophy anyway. It means there’s still plenty of room for golden sun characters. One must get in or I’ll be very angry.

To BYAY any Golden sun chracter will do. But I wont FELIX OR ISSAX, so I can use earth psyenergy. Heck golden sun characters can make minature Master hands with psyenergy

Sirias

Smash Champion
Put in the Pegasus. :D
Ike for the lose. =/

HELL YEAH! Golden SSSUUUNNN!!!
IVAAANNN!!!! <3 <3 <3
D: All the characters are godly smexy in the pants.
I like Isaac more than Felix.
And it was SUCH a blow to the face when you see Isaac talking. D: I was like: "Holy mother of insanity. <3"

I wanna play Golden Sun again. I think. Yep.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I really need to finish Golden Sun, but I just can't beat the Fire and Water couple on the top of the tower: (

Sirias

Smash Champion
This is the sound of an innocent game.
This is the sound of something less tame.

Stfu with the rhyming homosexuality.

Golden Sun is eeeaaasssyyy...
Every game is eeeaaasssyyy...
No hard games eeevvveeerrr... D:<
Unless it's multi-player, skill-based. :D

Less Smash more DDR.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Here's the sound of a Man doing Work.
Here's the sound of a Man having a.....

Dedu

Smash Lord
**** yeah. I seen a couple ppl at my uni play games similar to that and i'm just dumbfounded how they can perfectly navigate through the sprite bullets and at the same time shoot the boss.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hey blackadder do you still wanna play me in smash 64 online?
If so where can i download the p2p thing?
The p2p thing didn't work for me.
if you download the Project64K watsit though, I'll gladly play you!

I just had a few killer matches with Atticus on some guy that kicks arse named "ratso" or summat. Anyways, it was fun, even if I only won one match.

snes101

Smash Apprentice
Your DK's lethal against Jiggs, maxwalton, especially with the spikes and back-throw! O_O Something I'll have to look out for next time! =P The DK ditto was hell fun as well.

Blackadder, learn to Z-Cancel and combo and you should do fine.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Your DK's lethal against Jiggs, maxwalton, especially with the spikes and back-throw! O_O Something I'll have to look out for next time! =P The DK ditto was hell fun as well.

Blackadder, learn to Z-Cancel and combo and you should do fine.
lol, I need a fair few pointers on the 64 Smash. I've never really played it on a COMPUTER like this before. It's so awkward on a keyboard, I tells ya.
But no johns, you beat me fair and square.

I'll be practising with the odd controls I'm faced with, and soon I'll get the hang on it. I this were Melee though, it would be a different story...:mad::laugh:

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
How can I cream myself over Lyn? it's like winning lotto for 1million - but getting taxed 1million at the same time...so I remain neutral I guess. At least I can look up her skirt lol.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I'm getting a controller for the computer so my game should improve soon.
{the keybourd is bloody awkward}
yeah snes101 you are pretty good. now if only we could play on console.
And for blackadder. To learn z-cancelling you should just screw around with a mate.
Or you can go my way and play very hard with only 1 stock. lol.

DK PWNS

Top Bottom