• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Kizmmit

Smash Cadet
Jamage if you would kindly respond to me on MSN, stop threatening to take me off state rankings even though I'm one of the minority who has tech skill.

This is smashboards, you started this in this thread and now I have ended it.

kthxbye

Edit: Didn't see Mic's post.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Enough with the arguing. If you have to fight, take it to PM's.

I hope you can turn individual AT's on and off, otherwise this guy might have just killed AT's being tourney legal. :/
Wow I should visit the Australian room more.XD

Anyways, I would deem it VERY likely you can turn AT's on and off.
They go under the "Item" catigory, so I doubt it would be that much of a stretch to confidently say that you CAN turn them of.
Or is that getting to cocky?

I know I always had the intent to get rid of the **** things after a week or two of playing. They look like pests to me.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Anyways, I would deem it VERY likely you can turn AT's on and off.
They go under the "Item" catigory, so I doubt it would be that much of a stretch to confidently say that you CAN turn them of.
Or is that getting to cocky?
Oh I know you're going to be able to turn them on or off, but I meant specific ones, like could I turn this new one off but keep Dr Wright?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Lulz, that crossed my mind half way through writing my post there.

That one I hope for dearly. I guess it has a chance, but they didn't do it with the Pokimans, so they may not do it with AT's. But then, Sakurai has been showing major changes in gameplay, so why not in the games other, more individualistic preferences? It adds replay ability, which would help sales the extra lil' bit. Bah. I can only hope Sakurai does add in said feature.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Hellz yeaa, my career is now sorted out! I will be working for the Victorian State Government in the Department of Infrastructure but ive been given less than 24 hours to decide which division i wanna work for - the public transport division or the office of coordinator general ><"

but i will spend a year rotating in different departments, hopefully treasury and sustainability&environment - it will be interesting tasting bureaucracy

so... may victoria's public transport or infrastructure suck less under my involvement

*toast* haha

now i know what my holidays will be like and i can go all out in brisbane and adelaide as long as i want :)

on topic:

CHARIZARD IS WUB! CUUUUUUUUUTE LIKE A BOOOOZER
wubwubwubwubwubwub

No Meowth for CATS I thinks!
Well done Dave! Thats great stuff i'm sure you'll be the one to get rid of all those silly trams.

peace out

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Getting rid of trams would be the worst thing you could do. Public transport is not about making more room for cars and busses. Caotic knows the debate, and I’m sure he knows his priorities too.

That brings me to Cao.
Good job on landing the job Caotic, that’s definitely a big step. I hope to see you as minister of public transport someday, lol.

As for the pokemon trainer, I laugh at all the people that laughed at the individuals that posted the idea. I still think team Rocket would have worked better; Meowth could have been included that way as well.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hehe, thanks guys, but I didn't know removing public transport improves infrastructure. Perhaps you can enlighten me over lunch in your swanky Brizzy restaurant, Joshy. :)

Blackadder

Smash Master
Stickers for Brawl. :/
WOW!
A mod has the same view as me on these things!

Can I ask, is it to much for me to go into a thread, (As I did)
and claime this a gimick?

I really feel it is, frankely.
Cute little add-on, but hardly worth an update.
Or even much bother, really.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
*Shrug* It's not spam, nor flaming, go for it.

Hopefully Trophies are still in it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Huh?
Oh, your on about me.
1.5 K =Immense boredom

You haven't seen me at tournies due to the fact that I...*ahem* haven't ever been to one...

I only just found out about the Aust. room.

I do hope trophies are in the game still, what with these new stickers. I dislike them, there silly..and gimicky.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Come on Saturday to the monthly. Show some mad skillz.

Also, 1.5 times the posts in 1/12th the time = spam king. =P

Blackadder

Smash Master
Yeah, I used to spam a fair bit...till..I found out it was spam, and a crime.

The monthly?Depends where it is located, really.
I'm out in the country, in a wee little town.

Anyways, I appear to be spamming yet AGAIN. Zomg to that.

Um, Brawl rocks!
And other...non spam stuff.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
hmm i thought about it and i've come to the decision that seals could be cool if we can place them on something other than just a book. if it was just a book i would personally just prefer a gallery of artwork but maybe they're going to be a bit inventive and let us put seals on random stuff that's kinda cool.

this is very reminiscent of finding seals in pokemon that you could apply to pokeballs.. sorta cool but doesn't really change anything. i don't think it means the end of trophies unless they enjoy taking steps backwards.

btw i don't know whether i'll main pokemon trainer or even play him. he's a character i wanted in the game and will certainly try out but i make no commitments until i play a character and like their style, which if it turns out he's just another sheik where one pokemon dominates the other two then i most likely wouldn't keep playing him.

anyways i just want to say, leaf green/fire red male trainer ftw. he was the coolest looking trainer and it's awesome they used his design for the poketrainer. remember i've had the poketrainer as my display pic on msn for the longest ;)

Blackadder

Smash Master
Peach looks okay, methinks.
I was expecting a breast inlargment though, (Think Zamus and Zelda) and I like how she appears to hold many of her old attacks from Melee.

I wish they would confirm my Ganondorf...we KNOW he is in now...but confirmation would be great!

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I'd just like to point out that Bringer and ZTV both have a significantly larger amount of body mass than I do and I hadn't eaten for hours before I started. >_>'

Bah, who am I kidding? I've always been a little girl when it comes to drinking T_T. What's worse is that the people I was with are gods of liquor and think a slab is something to sneeze at.

Blackadder: How do we "know" that Gdorf is in?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Reloaded 08

TicketInformation and Latest Competition Update!

Tickets for this will go on sale from Sept 1 from local outlets in SA and via direct debit for everyone else.
Until October 31 tickets will be $25 (plus registered post costs). From November 1 tickets will be $30.

Tickets will be available from:
Gamequest (railway arcade)
Getright Computers (Grote St)
Gametraders all over Adelaide.

Existing Competition List as follows -

PC LAN Competitions (Wayville Pavillion)

$6000 CounterStrike Source 5v5
$1000 CS 1.6 5v5
$1000 StarCraft 1v1
$1000 Quake 3 1v1
$1500 DOTA 5v5
Quake 4 1v1
Company of Heroes 3v3
C&C 3 2v2
Flatout 2 1v1
Supreme Commander 1v1
World in Conflict
<--- likely to be a whole range of DM competitions in here from various times and genres
<--- bear in mind theres a crap load of new releases coming out - Crysis, COD 4, Enemy Territory just to name a few that will also slot in as needed.

Console Competitions - XLANSA/PHLANX/LPC (Wayville Pavillion)

Halo 3 DM
$2000 Halo 4v4 (xbox - likely to be BYOC)
Project Gotham Racing
GoldenEye (n64)

Console Competitions - AVCON (Ridley Centre)

Wii Sports: Tennis Doubles
SSBM 1v1
$1000 SSBM 2v2 (equpment provided)
Tekken 5 1v1

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Wii Sports Doubles will be great fun. Last Reloaded we had a 64 person Singles comp that ran for 7 hours and I went all the way and won it, I got a bag of goodies including a wireless router. I have a good partner for the 2v2 if I have time to enter.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
New update on brawl: Covering Links special moves.
Highlights include faster bow, and gale boomerang.

What worries me is this quote: ‘It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use’. Let’s hope there are not too much automatic features that zap the skill away from the game.

Blackadder

Smash Master
New update on brawl: Covering Links special moves.
Highlights include faster bow, and gale boomerang.

What worries me is this quote: ‘It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use’. Let’s hope there are not too much automatic features that zap the skill away from the game.
Agreed.
But then, it has a reach limit, so if you're JUST far off from the edge, you won't make it. I'm guessing this works in a way as to balance the auto-aim out.

Blackadder

Smash Master
An unpleasent suprise, but a suprise non-the-less. :urg:
Unpleasent? I like it.
I hope it deconfirmes Petey as a playable character.
For me, that's a good thing.

..of course, he may well be playable.
Which is just bad.
No questions asked.

Top Bottom