• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Funny that I've never seen the event match Mario and Doctor Mario....NOR the short movie *shrugs* Silly me!

CATS

Smash Journeyman
on the topic of characters...
i think that olimar is incredibly boring to think of as a playable character. the inclusion of pikmin to brawl shouldn't have to be in the form of a usable character and the best inclusion of it would be the pikmin as an item of some kind much in the same way as nintendogs.

chrono trigger was possibly one of the best RPGs that was ever released on a nintendo console and so i think that's why shaz wants chrono in brawl. oh and the fact he uses a sword is a bonus too since as we can see with link and marth, sword = win.

if you want characters with alternate weapons i believe you should look outside of the fire emblem world and check out terranigma/tenchi souzou for the SNES and you will see an awesome character named ark who wields a spear. he should be in brawl 100% no doubts

tom nook is cool because he is the biggest rip off merchant ever

meowth should also be in. payday is awesome ;3

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey, I'm manly enough to admit defeat ;) I'm not a total hot-head :p

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Look Mic - you're already confirmed in my books as substantially manly....so it's a given that you are ;)

N30N

Smash Apprentice
hey not so sure on this

but does anyone use IRC?

i was just thinknig maybe it would be cool to have an aussie smash irc channel on gamesurge or something for chats.

o.O just a thought.

Dedu

Smash Lord
LOLed at that pic. :D
I saw it in the 'motivate me' contest in the Proom before it got posted here.

One of the funny pics seen, but I like the Pichu and Yoshi getting it dirty and Pika + Yoshi getting on with it. Been one of the funniest pics I've seen since I joined smashboards. Better than the Destar pics!

EDIT: Found the pic:

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
The wiimote by itself really doesnt seem like it would be a good idea. I just can't see it working well at all...The buttons just dont seem to be in the right place, not to mention that you have to take your thumb off the d-pad to press A. I really think the game cube control will be the main if not only one used.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I see myself using the GCN control of course, when they should happen to stop working I'd move onto the CC. I will test out all controls, but I don't see how I'll be able to be very accurate with the timing if I'm swinging the wiimote and nunchuck around...

Dedu

Smash Lord
My GC controllers won't die out as I have plenty in supply. I've still stuck to my original one for more than two years and there's not a problem so far.

Tho I heard Sloth's controller broke (L/R buttons I think) during the tournament.
Will try the CC controller looks to be at least a decent alternative. Wiimote and nunchuck doesn't seem to work well when I'm imagining using it in brawl. Maybe that was coz I had problems pressing the d pad at times when playing Zelda Twilight Princess.

Wiimote turned on its side - d pad for moving around? I'm too used to the joystick for that. If I didn't have the GC controller, I'd be using the Classic controller. Might give the nunchuck a try tho.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have 3 controllers I can't use for smash due to overuse. Plus my wavebird which died in a month or so. That only leaves me with 2 controllers I use for smash now.

I hope they start GCN controller production again. Otherwise it's classic control for me.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Probably just for a level, wituh Ridley running around in the background or something.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
noooooooo they destroyed ridleys theme with horrible rendition! just use original SM OST and i would have peed my pants

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
giant flying retro antagonist cyborgish cool space dragon ftw! thats something to get excited about. stuff the flying angel and the flying puffball, ridley would keep me satasfied.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
So far with the music, it seems like they're making too much happen at the same time. Too many sounds make it sound weird. Also, Mic, what's one the 30th of June that so many mods and such have in their avatars?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
MOAST Pi, a smash tournament to celebrate Bahamut and Bahamuttess getting married.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Ridley music eh - probably means he's not in it....then the wording calls him a boss....who knows.
I'm giving competition up now guys. Thanks a lot for the memories and the manliness. I may consider rekindling for Brawl but that all comes down to how much I like it and how busy I am when the time comes. I hope one of you guys at least grows strong enough to be able to make what I can do look like a joke - it would be awesome and will make me proud :)
All the best!
PS don't be strangers.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
kraids music from metroid was the best. melee knew it was the best and that's why it's used for brinstar depths. of course i wouldn't think the possibility of ridley being in the game is impossible since he sorta is the bowser ganon equivalent for samus.

shaz quitting is nothing new, i think it just means he won't be at tournaments anymore. another rank up in the rankings with no effort! YEHS!

N30N

Smash Apprentice
hey shaz you big bag of man sex.

if i go to melb again to play smash you better show, or i'll hunt you down. -.-~

sif give up smash its not like its a full time job or anything T_T

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
arent crisis and opportunity the same word in some language?

with shaz out of the picture, the chances of me not inheriting his skills are nil! bwahahaha!

still though... i was hoping for you to go out with a bang. like you know, coming first in a tourney or something like that :D

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol Shaz loves us too much. I will make him come to tournies kicking and screaming, not to play but for his company and for freindlies and for up B's and to keep Mark in check.

I will still visit you Shaz, how about this Monday ? (not Tuesday as ive got a personal trainer guy to give me a routine at the gym) but Wednesday is good as well.

Moogleman

Smash Cadet
Shaz, as you being the one that originally condemned me to a lifetime of being syler, i think ill use those powers against you (my creator). I therefore declare hunting down your thoughts and crushing all that is un-smash related until finally you realise that giving up the only thing on your mind as futile! Slash hope to see ya round man :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Cats : baaaastard
N3on : I can outsnake you so catching me is not an option *thrusts manly-like*
Oni : Out with a bang? I've been winning winner brackets flawlessly and went undefeated up to Ken at Comrades 2 - I can't imagine better results than that, so I'm happy :)
Adam : No kicking and screaming! I'll show from time to time but I have more important things to focus on atm sorry.
Mooglemangz : I can not be defeated! *unsheaths sword of seals*

Top Bottom