• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Musician line-up ....
"This is dangerous. It's a little risky.
If you're wondering what I'm talking about, it's the line-up of musicians who are contributing to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Just take a look at this list!"
Risky eh?
Masato Kouda Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry
Yasunori Mitsuda
(PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.) CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS
Yoko Shimomura Kingdom Hearts series
Am I reading into this too much!?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Probably, but hey, I say go nuts. There's a NiGHTS composer in there. From SEGA. Where they made SONIC.

Also, music is badass. Can't wait for the next update ^^

CATS

Smash Journeyman
there's no way to know exactly what characters are in it based on the composers. espiecially since yoko shimomura has worked on a nintendo title before (mario and luigi superstar saga) but i think it's great none the less since we can tell what type of music we can be expecting to hear in brawl. espiecially in the case of the wild arms composer who usually does old western style music ;3

LemonManX

Smash Lord
The Brawl rooms will do that though... Woo!

I like the new update, but the best part is definitely the daily weekday thing.

Did anyone else notice that in the "How to Play" section there is a Horizontal Wiimote for a logo. A hint at the control style? I hope not...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It could just be an option, Metal Slug anthology has about 6 diferent control styles, 2 of which are gamecube controlers

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
It’s always fun to speculate and there’s always a possibility that you get it right.

Motoi Sakuraba: Golden Sun series and Mario Golf & Tennis.

This guy is an excellent composer, not to mention he made music for golden sun. I Hope we see some golden sun characters, I really do. It’s Nintendo COME ON!!!!!

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Good point Mic, doesn't Fire Emblem 10 also offer Wiimote, GCN and CC control options? So its very possible.

I hope we see more Fire Emblem stuff in this game.

<3 Fire Emblem

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Ike will be the next fire emblem character, seing that he is the most recent and well known globally to date. And he will be in the next fire emblem

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Hector needs in on Smash in terms of FE characters. Too many swords, not enough axes. However, a lance user would be VERY interesting. Replacing Marth with Ephraim would be coolers and the yaoi fans would still be happy.

CATS

Smash Journeyman
already enough mario characters thanks

remove pichu, add meowth

throw in ark from tenchi souzou for awesomeness

Obesely

Smash Rookie
I think falco and luigi are the only clones worth keeping as they are more individual than the rest. The properties of each move vary slightly whereas Doc v Mario some are near identical. To that extent possibly young link falls in that category.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Falco suits having a very similar moveset to Fox, however the rest of the clones (Gannon excluded) are effectivly the same people.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Mewtwo floats the majority of the time Mark and his recovery is good as providing you're not so readable like you are lol.
Saying Pichu is the same person as Pikachu is as silly as saying Hayley Joel Osment is actually a clone of David Hastlehoff. Then again you never know lol.
Sigurd gets a lot of support but other than that he has no reason to be put into smash. Ike is in the newly released Fire Emblem games, and has a unique fighting style....not to mention a stage that seems to have his enemies logo on it. Sigurd is gay. One Hit Kills from an Axeman? Yeah coz that wont be broken at all.
If Ephraim is in it he has it in him to be incredibly cheap - you think fighting Marth was a problem...I don't think Ephraim or his game are popular enough though. His weapon had nothing special about it either....so he'd be rather bland apart from the new weapon class thing.
DK games definately need more representation - Diddy at very least.
StarFox needs more than just Fox. So I imagine Falco will return with his own moveset.....which kinda sucks coz I really like his melee one. Wolf and or Krystal are the likely other additions if there are any.
No new Earthbound characters please!
No King Dedede please!
Assuming Y.Link and Gdorf are removed sinec they're clones I would like to see Gdorf ramade as a warlock rather than a WWE wrestler this game. Curious about Zelda and the Sheik transformation.....Otherwise I hope they add something like Majoras Mask Skull Kid rather than doing something stupid and adding something like Tingle. I don't think they will go too many Zelda characters though.....4 max IMO. Oh and people seem to think Cel-shaded Link is a certainty...I'm not so sure about that myself.
Metroid....Ridley? I dunno - if so another flying chracter to worry about being cheap. I'd rather see one of those other bounty hunters or something more humanoid than Ridley....not that Ridley is not cool or anything...just can't see how it could work while remaining fair to Ridley as a character. Bad enough they gayed out Mewtwo in Melee haha. Who knows though *shrugs*
Pokemon-wise Meowth and Lucario seem to be the most likely bets. Perhaps eve both....Pokemon is biiiig!
I personally still want a katana user.....Lyndis or Crono please!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Saying Pichu is the same person as Pikachu is as silly as saying Hayley Joel Osment is actually a clone of David Hastlehoff. Then again you never know lol.
I think it's more like saying Black Michael Jackson is the same as white Michael Jackson. Same person, just they evolved (or in jacksons case, de-evolved)

Also, Young Link = Link and Doctor Mario = Mario. How are they not the same people?

I hope they add something like Majoras Mask Skull Kid rather than doing something stupid and adding something like Tingle.
Dear god, yes. Skull Kid would be awesome, having a variety of new and unique attacks, while Tingle....ugh.

Metroid....Ridley? I dunno - if so another flying chracter to worry about being cheap. I'd rather see one of those other bounty hunters or something more humanoid than Ridley....not that Ridley is not cool or anything...just can't see how it could work while remaining fair to Ridley as a character. Bad enough they gayed out Mewtwo in Melee haha. Who knows though *shrugs*
Make him like he was in Melee's opening, don't need to make him able to fly, but he could still work.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Quoted direct from smashboards, found somewhere in brawl discussion.

King Dedede is practically a confirmed character. He was the top ranked character on Sakurai’s poll and seems to extremely popular. As the main villain of the Kirby series and created by Sakurai himself, his chances couldn’t be more high.

End quote.

Alot of the smash community tend to knock any character that appears to be a little strange looking or apparently out of place. If you want proof go look in the worst Character recomendation over in the brawl discussion boards.

What is wrong with Olimar and Tom Nook, why wouldnt they be in Brawl.
Pikmin was one of the most popular Nintendo gamecube games, and Olimar being something a little different would do well at representing pikmin.

As for tom nook, no one can tell me that Animal Crossing is not popular so why the Tom Nook hate? Why would'nt He work In brawl?

Skull kid is wiked, but outdated. I think it would be more logical to assume that a more recent Zelda character would be picked if they are to add any at all.

I have a feeling Minda(imp form), and Windwaker Link will be the new additions.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Mic:
- Pichu and Pikachu are not the same person...they aren't even people for starters.Trust me I know all about Link and Young Link! Anyway the point was they are of the same 'species' or whatever....but not the same character.
- I hope Ridley if put in which is very possible isn't toned down like all other bad guys like Gdorf and Bowser were. Does their characters no justice.
Mark:
- Skull kid outdated? Wait and Marth and Pit are from new release games then?
-Pikmin sold only 1millionish copies....even StarFox Adventures sold more....so it's more likely we'll have old Slippy if it's based on sales alone.
- Mark where do you keep pulling this Tom Nook hate from? He's gay however so there take that :p!
- I also don't think they'd use 'WindWaker' Link....if they do use the Cel-Link he'd likely have attributes stemming from all the games he's been in rather than being exclusively Wind Waker Link.
-"No King Dedede please!" Didn't say he wasn't going to be in there - just that he's lame compared to Meta-Knight. Anyway state your facts based on real information not fan-boy banter for the sake of keeping rumour spreading to a minimum.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mic:
- Pichu and Pikachu are not the same person...they aren't even people for starters.Trust me I know all about Link and Young Link! Anyway the point was they are of the same 'species' or whatever....but not the same character.
Lets see your proof that Pikachu isn't Pichu a few years later? ;)

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
If being gay is a reason to why a character should not be in smash, I have one thing to say “Captain Falcon”

There’s nothing wrong with Tom nook, unless you have some problem with the way he looks. I too have found myself disliking the way particular characters look, and only after playing the game has my opinion of that particular character changed.

If I had never played animal crossing or enjoyed the uniqueness of game play it had to offer, and someone predicted that Tom nook was going to be in smash, I too would automatically Say no. Let’s suppose that someone had never played a pokemon game in there life, but was a fan of super smash brothers, what do you suppose they would Make of Jigglypuff or Pickachu.

It would go something like this " pokemon is gay"
I ask why? "It's for kids" I find it laughable that the majority of people that ussualy say this have never played a pokemon game in there life and they draw on stereotypes when describing why.

Tom nook may be somewhat on the simple side, but it’s the game franchise that he represents that definitely deserves some representation.

Lets not forget that people have hated many of the present Smash characters before hand, and it’s only after Playing them in smash have they grown to love them. You could possibly be one of the Tom nook players now Shaz. Then when the next smash comes round, you are all for tom nook to return. This general theory applies to most of the smash characters; people want them to return because they know them.

Now, why I think Olimar has a good chance of making it into Brawl?
Firstly I will start with a comparison to Starfox, seeing you brought it up and all.

Pikmin may not have sold as many copies, as you have stated then Starfox but it was still very popular.

Don’t forget also, that Starfox already has two characters in it; I think it’s only fair that Pikmin is eligible to receive some representation in brawl, due to the popularity of it. The most recent Starfox (the one on the gamecube) only sold, I think due to the popularity of the games before hand. It was given poor reviews, and most of the missions were ground based and repetitive. It was a sad and crappy attempt at trying to be something like halo or some other popular shooter and it failed. It’s still a good game I just wanted to make a separate rant about Starfox Assault. Why did people buy it because the games before it were cool, and the characters were cool.

Pikmin was unheard of when it was released, but it set the bar for creativity and offered something fresh and innovative. Yet for many it was a little too different, and did not offer the ‘cool factor’ which many people tend to base their character predictions from.

And that’s why it has a solid fan base that’s why it deserves representation and I guarantee you it will.

"No King Dedede please!"

What’s wrong with him, and yet again what cant he offer to smash?
Oh wait I know he does not have a sword right, unlike the cool metaknight? To be honest the whole fact that he is a penguin swinger Hammer dude makes him excel in the awesome factor. King Dedede has stared in far more Kirby games then metaknight, not to mention he is popular. Metaknight reminds me of a Kirby with a colored mask, yet he seems to be so awesome and all.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey Mark, can I please visit your Animal Crossing Town whilst I am in Melbourne?
And you can visit mine as well if you like too. :)

Random thought.
Dr. Mario and Mario are the same person, Doc should not be a separate charcter, but maybe a seperate costume for Mario?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
No they're not! They're distant cousins!

Are you telling me that Luigi Mario and Mario Mario are the same person? No! They're brothers! Therefore, Doctor Mario has to be a cousin or some other relative.

Mario is not multitalented. He lives in a stereotypically large Italian family.

Jaz

Smash Ace
boo? in brawl! i hope so
but if they even consider petey piranha... god i hate that thing.
kirby is still cool >.<

although i only liked kirby after the original smash, than hated him in melee cuz he was nurfed in comparison to the original smash.
lol then i appretiated his differences and here i am a kirby fan again

they didn't even change the move sets for the characters... i don't think they will be too radical with new additions to brawl. although they added pit and that is going waaaay back
they might as well add pacman

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
They won't add in characters for the sake of adding them.

If you add Tom Nook, the only logical move would be hitting someone with a spanner and asking for money.

And yes, King Dedede has my highest vote. I was talking about him in brawl since Meta was announced. lol

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Mic: Pikachu and Pichu.

Mark:
- If you want him that's all good and well but stop trying to say I don't think he's a good character because he's much better than many people have suggested. Tom Nook isn't as simple as a plumber who jumps on things......simple often works.
- Stop saying Pikmin is popular when I've proven it really wasn't incredibly so. I personally don't think Olimar could have much to offer in smash. I'm sure they could make it work if they really wanted to, but it wouldn't be my point of focus were I the developer. It's not as if we have any clue to the amount of characters whoever, and it's also true that Sakurai could include him for Brownie points....but he's simply not cool. FYI Pikmin isn't really a unique idea....nor did it set any bars.
- Chrono Trigger has an enormous fan base compared to Pikmin.
- King Dedede = one Ice Climber instead of two.

DJ Cat: I think alt costumes are the way to go.

Ryan: Cats and I agree you're cool.

Top Bottom