• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol, wtf is with the background ?, I had to turn my speakers off.
As for Dimond and Perl it looks like I will have pre-order it if I want a copy, dunno which version I'll get, but I will choose Chimchar as my starter.

Dedu

Smash Lord
April Fools heh.

Pikachuuuu!!! ^_^ Hmmm... I've heard of the background music before tho not sure where. I guess its from a background music when you're walking in a town/route. Doesn't drive me crazy at all and have been listening it for like 30 mins.

FE? LOL you guys have now convinced me to get FE for DS. FE Golden Sun?

Shaz - I remember on netbattle, I started out with Scyther with Fury Swipes/Wing attack/sword dance/double team and everyone there said Good Scyther and they hated that I used double team to stall and sword dance to make him deadly. XD Same goes for your Breloom with your Spore / Focus punch combo.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
:( my mouse pointer!! What did they do to it!? It is a Pika??

Hey I just noticed. Is Mic's avatar like that because of the board's new style? Heh, clever, but then again, its Steelix.

I'm getting Pearl, but not for a particular reason like the rest of ya. And I'm starting with Piplup, wich is different for me as I always choose the Grass one.

EDIT: FE is on DS?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I think he means get a GBA FE to play on his DS... since there are no FE games for DS... yet. Surely one will come out eventually, the touch screen is begging for it.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Ryan - sarcasm....unless ures is too lol.
Dedu - pokefans are for the most part incapable of understanding exactly what strategy actually is.
Adam - I don't need a life, I'm larger than it as is :p

Mic always changes his avatar with corny lame pictures....he likes it that way! :) Gets his manjuices flowing.

Dedu

Smash Lord
LM-X u got it. FE for DS via GC port!

Pfft Pokefans for the most part are the worst n00bs out there. They just want to hug a Pikachu in real life. Oh I'm sure they'd like to go to 'Pokeboards' anyday!

Oh <3 mic's Steelix face pic. funny as hell!

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
See I Hated the cute appeal that Pokemon started. I was only there for the coolness. Not the “oh so cute crap”. I loved the games, but the franchise and television show were rubbish. It's a shame, such a shame that when people think pokemon. Pickachu is always involved!

Dedu

Smash Lord
Heh. Try going to Japan - that place is a million times worse compared to America involving anything to do with Pokemon. Hell I even get Pokemon themed letters from Japanese tourists who stayed at my place ages ago. Pokemon is more than a craze in Japan, its become an obsession, almost a way of life that just won't go away ever since it started in 1995.

Don't get me wrong. I like the games (who wouldn't?) but I just don't like the merchandise that followed it. Pokemon on TV got too corny after a month of watching it when it came out.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
stu, whichever way you look at it, pokemon was one of the best fads of all time. it was hugely popular around the globe, conquering everything from tv to movies to games to cards to plush toys etc.

i myself used to be a huge fan...were talking 151 pokemon in blue, was able to recite all 151 in order at one point :p but they dragged it on way too long. i loved the tv show up until the time when ash lost at that big tournament.

yeah, i agree with snakebite. the cuteness factor was horrible. any true pokemon fan knows that pikachu was one of the worst pokemon. (sorry to offend any pika-fans out there.)

pokemon came out at just the right time, and was broad enough to conquer the world. apart from possibly yoyos, i doubt if any fads have ever come close to world domination to such a degree.

Chinpokomon anyone?

NG7

Smash Lord
I remember virtual pets where pretty big in primary school.

But def. not as big as pokemon :p

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
yeah, thems were the days....tamagotchis, tazos, chatter rings, oddbodz, pokemon, yoyos....fads ftw :p

roses are red,
violets are blue.
all of my base,
are belong to you

Kumori

Smash Apprentice
Heh, going to cousins houseboat in two days, my pokemon/ffta chars will be my friends for most of the day :).

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Adam, at the Baker's Delight near my place the workers had to wear little plushie bunnies ontop of their hats. It lookd really embarassing. Did you have to do this, also?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Good Friday = "Good, it's Friday - long weekend START!"
Easter Sunday = The day they removed the rock from the rabbits hole, and he came out happy, so he gave everyone chocolate to thank them for being nice and moving the rock away :)

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shaz goes for the non-christian explanation. Lemme guess, Christmas is all about Santa Claus? I suppose Mortal Monday is the anniversary of the day they released Mortal Kombat then?

0_o

Sloth

Smash Ace
Easter is different every year depending on certain days. The actual day of easter was on Monday last week when the full moon was down.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Omg I feel for the people at your Bakers Delight Chriss. Thank god I didnt have do any of that rubbish at my work, but some of the shop staff wanted to wear bunny ears, there were several playboy jokes made...

Top Bottom