• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

LemonManX

Smash Lord
You might enjoy it, don't let my words discourage you. I just found the controls to frustrating to enjoy... maybe I'm just slow? The music annoyed me so it was muted alot and the story wasn't very enjoyable... plus single player got repetitive... poor Sonic.

Furthermore, I agree. Play Pheonix Wright and if you can come up with any argument against doing so then... *slams desk* OBJECTION!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Whoa ok Fonti you seriously need to read the rules - no triple posting! Don't use your sig unless the post is atleast as large as the sig! If you want to test a sig theres a place to do that. :\ cheeky monkey!

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
my bad :/ it won't happen again. i actually thought this was the sydney smash tourney thread, which has double for jaz's signature distribution thread.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Unless it's just a premature April fools joke.

Which I hope it isn't. Sounds like a semi decent game, not to mention the Brawl ramifications.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think they rushed out the 2nd Phoenix Wright game. The first one had 1 typo that I saw for the whole entire huge *** game that it is. I'm half way through the 2nd and I've lost count of the typos.

That's assuming its the same length as the first too.

At any rate, all those that haven't played Phoenix Wright must.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
yeah, mario stands a chance at olympic-type events. ><

well, maybe weightlifting, synchronised swimming and greco-roman wrestling. but that's about it.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I only saw the top half of the image at first and thought "whoa, Mario and Sonic are the mascots for the 2008 Olympics? No way..." But still, the game sounds like it should be good.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I just heard in that vid:

"Plasia is about as good as you"

Then laughing...

*rage*

That's it, I'm going to start playing Smash again, exhibition match against Sam @ Stage 02 on the projector. Once I've done that I can go back to Street Fighter.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
yeah, mario stands a chance at olympic-type events. ><

well, maybe weightlifting, synchronised swimming and greco-roman wrestling. but that's about it.
Long jump, hop-step-jump, high jump, poll vault.

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
@ mark: is it sonic? :p

@Forblaze: smash sometime this week? <3

Also going back to Phoenix Wright talk, I hate to sound like an add BUT for all those who want Phoenix Wright, it on sale at play-asia.com this week for about $30(Australian)

Dedu

Smash Lord
GTR? What?

Pokemon FTW! I'll be getting it here in May. Who's going to be your starter pokemon? Mine's going to be Naetoru (Grass starter) And I'm choosing Pearl, not diamond.

And I'm already a pokemon freak coz I'm... well... 20 XD. And have played every pokemon game xcept for rangers and trozei.
Just to show you guys that I'm maybe as crazy as LMX when it comes to Pokemon.

"Gotta catch 'em all! Pokemon!"

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
No one's as pokemon crazy as Mikul and/or Cats. I'm sure most if not all of the Victorian Smash community will back me up on this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm going with Turtwig too, still not sure which version, tossing up between the one with Slowking/bro or the one with a steel/dragon legendary.

And ranger is rather good, worth taking a look at, even if it's just buying it then returning it to EB within their 7 days no questions return policy.

Heh heh heh, fools.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Mikuls more into Fire Emblem than Pokemon....Cats however....he basically is a Pokemon. Netbattle is ******** coz apparently everything I use is cheap since its not Blissey or Skarmory. DS is gay coz it costs money.

Isn't GNT4 a Wii game? Isn't the Wii region locked? If I'm wrong please correct me coz I'd like to actually buy a Naruto one of these days before Cats and Zax become too good and force me to beat them with Naruto :p

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Nah its a cube game. Buy it and we will have the Naruto Ultimate Xtreme Interstate Champion Bout of Awesomeness Super Fight. Me and Toai v Shaz and Cats/Zax. You dont need the freeloader either if you do the region free trick with the wii. Fun times for all.

p.s. car'n the saints :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
Wa ha ha. Some one uses netbattle? I tried that and wasn't bad but only way I could see to win was to play the standard metagame which was to use Skarm/Bliss along with Weezing/Snorlax.

Wii is region locked lolololol. Too bad. Gotta do the region free trick with the wii.

I've never played FE and have been thinking about it. Then again I got a whole bunch of games on the Wii that I haven't finished.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Play FE Dedu, for my sake... and Mikul's sake... and for your sake lol. The games are good, though I wish Nintendo would just translate the first 5 games and put them up on the Virtual Console *shakes fist* make me want to use the ****ed thing.

My starter for Diamond will probably be Chimchar... but I dunno, I just wants Charmander!!! LOL! Give me Charmander!

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pokemoooon <3

I just ordered Phoenix Wright 2, since there's the 20% thing on this week at play-asia ($30 DS games ftw) so I'll prob put in my pre-order in for Diamond and Pearl a bit later : D My bro will get whichever one I don't choose to play xD
I'm tossing up between Chimchar and Piplup for starter ._. Cause, every single game so far I've used the fire starter, but Piplup is so much cuter xD

I agree with Mic, Ranger is prettyf un :B Although I haven't finished it yet, I'm like about to finish the game, but captuing entei is a pain in the butt >_>

Yey FE <3 Fun game and cute chars : D

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
So there's a region free trick with the wii? Naruto 4 is a cube game? LOL shows how much I care about wii -_-. Haha Cats is better than me at Naruto - and Zax is about the same as me, but less skill more *******ry.
Yeah Dedu netbattle is full of **** - they use those cheapo pokes, then when u use a team of non-spammed monsters to beat them they all complain you're cheap and spread the word to everyone - then noone plays against you coz you use a Quick-claw + Spore-Focus Punch Breloom or a Double Team Crobat - then they say you're a cheater coz Spore and Double team aren't allowed they're too cheap. WTF and Spikes + Roar or 80gazillion HP isn't? All sooks.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you think Entei is hard, just wait til you get the optional misions and have to capture Mew. The thing is a total ARRRRRGH!

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Mark is a great host

I went to Mark's house today, and it was good to play him. I can't give away his new main, but he's getting better at it, unless of course he's half-dead from lack of sleep :p So if you want to get some good practice in, Mark is an ideal sparring partner, and a great host too

Top Bottom