• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Congrats on the job Mr. Phantasmo! Being unemployed sucks ey :) So is there a meet this weekend then? Maybe it was already posted and I've missed it...help?

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Ey Glen. I'll be at Anf's tomorrow night. I'll ring you when I'm there. You either go to his or we'll drive to yours. We'll organise it later. Hopefully Anf has your number. Ciao.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
freddo said:
Keep practising Glen. It sucks at the start because your noob friends take advantage of the times you try to pull off something you've been practising....
Don't I know it.

4 months of it, and its only just starting to pay off, hopefully things will keep flowing from here.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Alright freddo, sounds good. One of my smash mates wants to play you guys too, to see how good you are. He doesn't finish work until 9 though, and wouldn't be able to get to my place til about 9:45pm, later if we're at Anfs place. Unless maybe we could get him from the station? We'll work it out later, maybe you don't even want to hang around that long.

If Anf doesn't have my number, just PM me on here, I check the forums every hour or so when I'm home.

D.J Cat: 4 months? I hope I can get better before then, by that time the Wii will be out and Brawl will be on its way =P If only I could get those combos down... ^_^

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
Mr. Phantasmo said:
W00t, I am now an apprentice baker and no longer unemployed, yay me... sort of. For my trial today I had to get up at 1:30 am, not a fun time to be getting out of bed.
Anyway I start on Sunday morning so if anyone wanted to crash for the night, to bad (looking at you Mikule) as im out of bed and gone by 4:35 am. This also means I want to be in bed befor 9:00 pm so I will kick you out if your not gone by then.
**** that's too bad, but oh well. I'll still come up to your house adam. Smash is smash. :)

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol sorry Mikule I know getting to my place from yours is an absolute biatch.

For those people not in the know where I live. Its 20 Stephens Place Somerville 3912, Melways map no. 148 A1, A2. Whatever the map says you cannot access Staphens Pl from Teatree Pl you have to come in from Bungower Rd. For those who like to train its the Frankstone line you want from there take the Stony Point line and get off at Somerville Station from there give me a ring and I will pick you up (its too far to walk to my place from there). Also to make it easyer try and come together so I dont have to drive down every 30 minutes. My mobile is 0425827436, when you arive at the station ring me and I will be there in about three minutes.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Something go wrong Mr. Pantasmo? =S

Sorry I won't be coming, I woke up just now (its almost 1) and I'm off to my sisters music exam, so my day is taken. Apologies good sir, hopefully next time!

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Shaz = Chronos Rainbow. Adam = Mr. Phantasmo and MiluleOnIce85 = Mikule aka silver back wombat with a shaved front. :chuckle:

Only had two people show up today what a huge bummer.

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Forblaze host something, i wanna meet the epping guys, or epping guys host soemthing again and ill come.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, wouldnt mind it at Chris's place again (do pant matches again XP ). By the way what is everyone doing tomorrow ?.
Also work owns, I love being a baker its so cuuute. :chuckle:

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for Forblazes this weekend. I can afford to get there without Nick, but I'll go with Nick if he is going, his car is sexier.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Sorry to disappoint anyone, but I'm planning on hosting it the weekend after. But, if alot of people are really ready for this weekend, I'll see what I can do. I'm still strongly reccomending that everyone keep the weekend after free, though.

Either way, spread the word and such.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
I'm starting work this Thursday, so I have no idea if I'll have any weekend shifts or not, so not sure if I can come =[ But it'd be great to meet you all.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys but because my shifts are not finalised im on like 24 hour stand by, so there is a really good chance my weekends for the next month or so will be spent at work, the thing is the latest time I will finish is 2:00 pm but im so nackard afterwards that I bearly have the enegy to drive home so if I have work on a weekend theres a good chance you wont be seeing me.
I will try my best to keep your meet Chris.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Haha just what I was thinking...no one can beat West Coast...well, no one except the competitions most inconsistent team.

West Coast > lost > Freo
Freo > lost > Bulldogs
Bulldogs > lost > Collingwood

So I'm sure we can beat them =]

....moving back to smash then. I'm having a bit of trouble trying to short hop for whatever combo, kicks, lasers etc (using Fox) but I just can't seem to get it right. Is there anyone who had trouble learning the short hop moves who could help me?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
forblaze71 said:
coughfremantlecough.
We let them. They had to win at least one derby this year.

Besides, shouldn't that make all the other teams that lost to us feel even worse if they can't do what Freemantle could? ;)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Since when did this thread become fagg0tsville AKA blab on about Freo thread? *shudders* This and the general amount of lame excuses to not attend meets is just lame - seriously. "my goldfish died" or "my mums ex-boyfriend from high-school is coming by and I want to show him I can play the spoon/spoon with him" ....Whatever.
Anyway I suggest you make the most of my experience while you can if there's anyone apart from Mikul about who cares. I'm only about for another 2 months. After OC that's it for Melee and me.
Adam for the love of all things L-cancelled it's Mikul not Mikule, and Cronos not Chronos.
Mic you have over 10k posts. I mean I'm glad you have a life also, but give it more priority man!
Blabbering noobs who talk Freo but never come to meets - go find an AFL board or something because if all you're interested in is spamming SmashBoards with that then I for one am not interested.

Don't get me wrong, there's some people who put in the effort, and I'm grateful, but it's becoming a minority.

Anyway there's my b!tchin I've saved up for a while now - so enjoy.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
^Brawl will swallow you up like a black hole, savour the free months you have left^

I wonder if anyone here will take a hiatus from smash once the Wii comes out in a few months, at least until brawl comes out?

Of course I wont, it's the best **** fighting game since King of Fighters 1996.

EDIT: The way Sieg posts is not an exaggeration of anything, I should know, I've had to put up with him for roughly 12 years.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Short hopping just takes practice, that's all there is too it. Fox is the hardest character to short hop with. I would suggest doing as most players have done, and take up Falco for just a little bit. Falco is basically a technically easier Fox to start off with. The best bit about practicing with Falco is his Short Hop Laser. Practicing that helps you learn how to short hop better and turn around with neutral B better.

*Nods* Hope that helps a little.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Cronos_Rainbow said:
Mic you have over 10k posts. I mean I'm glad you have a life also, but give it more priority man!
You're totally right. I need to focus more and give more attention do beating McFox's postcount. Thanks for the inspiration Shaz!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
*Lloyd pose* Mic you're always welcome.

I felt off before, so you all must suffer the slightly bitter consequences. All good now, but it doesn't mean I retract those statements.

Yes, if you're wanting to improve I can and will do all I can to assist with it.
In two months I'm going to California for OC2....after that I will very likely retire...that is unless something cool happens in Cali that makes me love smash again...say like a tourney or something :O...but seriously...we'll see.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Seems like alot of people are 'retiring' after OC2. Oh, hello Azen... Masashi... Brown Mario... hell, even Deezie - retired I see?!

Top Bottom