• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Orange County 2, it's a tournament in California. And Bringer, before you fly away after exams, mind if I borrow the capture card? Oh, and I'm pretty sure we mixed up AR memory cards. Mine's not saving anything and stuffs up on lots of codes/cheats :(

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Cronos_Rainbow said:
...I will very likely retire...that is unless something cool happens in Cali that makes me love smash again...say like a tourney or something :O...but seriously...we'll see.
Maybe Shaz will retire and play wow?
Mic put some vids up of you, Im pretty sure I heard shaz say a while back you just plain suck at falco XD:DXD:D

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
LOL Never ever ever not likely not ganna happen slap your face no. WoW is the gayest thing in history (except Jon)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
nickcaine87 said:
Mic put some vids up of you, Im pretty sure I heard shaz say a while back you just plain suck at falco XD:DXD:D
Okay, I NEED that capture card now. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Tension in the air! Someone isn't happy about something =P My new controls came in today, I can finally play with functioning buttons again! Or at least...more usable control sticks =/

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mic's Falco is weird, but not bad. If he would just SHL more he'd have a very sweet Falco in my opinion ^_^.

Until then Mic, your Falco will almost always lose to my Yoshi! Bwahaha

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
As I just posted in the Queensland thread, my meet is dead set gonna be on July 1st, no questions about it. Sorry to be so inconsistent with the weekends, but now it's for certain, so start getting organized and what-not for it.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I'll post my address closer to it. Shaz, you haven't quit yet, so please come =[. Anf said he'd come if you and Freddo do aswell, so make an appearance. You know you want to.

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
forblaze71 said:
I'll post my address closer to it. Shaz, you haven't quit yet, so please come =[. Anf said he'd come if you and Freddo do aswell, so make an appearance. You know you want to.
Shaz will be in the USA when your meets on forblaze /sad
Ill be at your meet forblaze, ZTV host something if you cant wait that long for smash lol.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Shaz isn't going to America 'till the 11th of August =/. But yay for coming to my meet. See, guys; Nick's cool because he's coming to my meet. You can be cool too
. *waits for Shaz to scathe me about not going to Adam's meet*

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
forblaze71 said:
Shaz isn't going to America 'till the 11th of August =/. But yay for coming to my meet. See, guys; Nick's cool because he's coming to my meet. You can be cool too
. *waits for Shaz to scathe me about not going to Adam's meet*
My bad, Shaz will be there to bet you syke.

I am cool! Thanks Forblaze

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Syke coming what? Just lies?
Anyway yeah I'll v. likely be there. Umm...I'm gana be playing all Roy though...so yeah....live with it.
Yeah...Adam needed you to *** when he held his meat Forblaze, but you didn't.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol, havent posted in a while, I have Sundays off now but the roster could change again so for the next couple of weeks I can atend any meets cause I finish work at 1:30 pm and dont have to worry about getting up early the next day.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Allright I have been working full time, get paid next wednesday as they finally fixed up my bank details.

Ill be able to be a spendaholic again the work is not casual either its full time......as for this football talk.
Slapping each others on the arse ,a sport that is mainly follwed by victorians and played only in australia, the soccer wold cup seems more of a watch atm seing its world champion level, but its social talk and thats cool, nick if your still at uni u can come over in the evenings be home after 5 pm, dads gone away for 2 weeks so I can do small meets.

Anyway shaz you know perfectely well that the fact you get so upset over smash and people not showing to meets prove you still feel passionetly about the game unlike others and Im sure u will follow it through to the next game brawl. I still owe you money lol and I wanto improve still
See if I can go to ohn road crew style just ask me and Ill pay for petrol money maybe lol.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Snakebite said:
Allright I have been working full time, get paid next wednesday as they finally fixed up my bank details.

Ill be able to be a spendaholic again the work is not casual either its full time......as for this football talk.
Slapping each others on the arse ,a sport that is mainly follwed by victorians and played only in australia, the soccer wold cup seems more of a watch atm seing its world champion level, but its social talk and thats cool, nick if your still at uni u can come over in the evenings be home after 5 pm, dads gone away for 2 weeks so I can do small meets.

Anyway shaz you know perfectely well that the fact you get so upset over smash and people not showing to meets prove you still feel passionetly about the game unlike others and Im sure u will follow it through to the next game brawl. I still owe you money lol and I wanto improve still
See if I can go to ohn road crew style just ask me and Ill pay for petrol money maybe lol.
Mark...... rest assured that if you cant make it to OHN 5 i will be in Melbourne sometime this year getting my Melee or Brawl on whichever.

peace out

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
But Mark, if you go to OHN5, that means you won't be able to come to my meet =[. That would make me a sad panda. Pleaaaaaaassseee?

Mikul I'd understand it if you're pissed off at Melbourne at the moment, but let us make it up to ya, ey? If you come, there'll be more than just a few people (6 so far, not including myself) and you'll be able to stay the night. Whattyasay?

freddo

Smash Journeyman
If you don't go to Forblazes then you're not cool. I'm cool because I'm going...are you cool..?

Hey Glen, this would be a good opportunity for you to meet everyone. Grab Chris and Ben as well.

Need a TV forblaze?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
LMAO, <3 Freddo.

I might come back on December 21. I really should get one of those Green Cards.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
^_^ Yeah I should be able to come. I'll see if I can avoid work on the 1st (should be able to as the roster hasn't been done for it then) and yeah I'll bring the others along too. Ben isn't the other decent smasher I know btw =] That's Jem. But I'll see if all 4 of us can come.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
SMASH NEWS:

This just in... Anf, in typical fashion, has released the first of I'm sure many freestyle smash raps. I assure you, this was made up on the spot - check it out:

"Yo, my name is Forblaze
Death destruction, dealt from my gaze
I use Falco, he's really leet
I like cereal consisting of wheat.

It's time to detonate
Im sorry, but you're irrate
You can't L cancel, your teching is ****
your controler is ****ed, your creds in the pit

Dont be using Sheik
Your lameness, far from discrete
Her aerials are a bore
How i hate that ****ing *****

There's a bunch of noobs i'd like to introduce
SDing heaps and roll abuse.
The thought of tech sends them a quiver
I **** them so hard they're in line for a new liver.

First up is Shaz
The big talking Spaz.
He likes to **** your mind
And at times, from behind
He thinks he's all that,
Wiping us like his door mat
He pulls more **** out of his hat
Than Copperfield with that crazy Rabbit

Next up is Freddo
That mantastic pro
He likes to be owned
and hollar "POTATO!"
His love child is Sam
The hobbit who can
When you're versing this steam roller
Disconnect his controller

How could we forget Blaze?
This Falco is quite the craze
Moulded straight from Bomb Soldier
His combos couldnt be older
He's as repetitive as rap
And some say he's... cool. =)
He likes to man handle his blaster
And randomly moan "FASTER!"

Gday, my name is Mark
I'll claim to be the best
Until I'm beaten like Tarzan's chest
Then i brag on some more
About how my Mewtwo owned that tier *****
And on my last stock
I'll wreak of blow,like my very special sock.

Adam, Adam.
What can I say?
You're a suicidal bomber
That'd put Osama to shame."

Comments?

NG7

Smash Lord
ppfffft.

King Kong is the original smash rhymer!

j/k. PRETTY COOL

Schofield

Smash Cadet
I wonder if you could get a deal for this stuff? =P

Awesome work btw!

Turns out I'm working on the 1st, but I don't start until 4:30 so I can be there until mid afternoon. I'm not sure about the others yet either.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
My name is Bringer.
Champion egg slinger.
Loving my combos
and eating my foes
I come to beat you all!

Yeah, that's about as good as I can do. =P

Anf's is much better ^__^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
May I refer you to the Australian Smashinal Anthem I made a while back?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Oh why, oh why... why does University tease me by giving me holidays and then putting exams on... does it truly wish to ruin my Smash ambitions for my time off? Apparently so... Lol.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Freddo: Judging by the amount of people that say they're coming, yes. An extra TV would be really really awesome of you. I've got at least 2 so far, highly possible for 3, but an extra one would help alot.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I dunno but I'll show him how a Roy goes *Lloyd pose*.

Umm...yeah this weekend....meet is at...Anfs house ;)
If not my place again.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
This is not embelished.

Just an announcement of some importance, and likely interest to you guys (especially those who know me), and its not good news really. Scary, so yeah - let me elaborate.

This Saturday just gone the 17th, mum and dad's long time friends had their 25th wedding anniversary. I left there at about maybe 10:45pm, and decided to drop in on Shaz who had some guys over for smash. Good games too guys, thanks. Anyhow, I left there at about just before 1am in the morning, so it was now Sunday. Here's where it gets interesting:

1:07 am: I hit a pedestrian with my car.

Most of the way home, less than a kilometre from home in fact, on Kilberry Boulevard, I was doing the speed limit of 60kmph. (lucky since I sometimes zip along there at 80 if im running late) On a dimly lit stretch just before the roundabout to our estate, a person standing in the middle of the road suddenly became visible, she was wearing dark clothes. I was startled and began to drift away from her slightly, but as I was 5m away, she lunged in front of me purposely.

I will never be able to forget that sickening screech, then THUMP.

All I could do was brake and steer even further to the left to avoid hitting her on the full. She was clipped by the front right corner of my car, and sent forward because her legs had been scooped out of under her, then something hit the windscreen, hard. At the time I thought it was her head. Fortunately, human nature makes us automatically protect ourselves and her left arm took the glass as it came. She dragged along the drivers side and took of the mirror and grinded it down the side of the car and she tumbled down and hit the deck.

"Oh no............."

"Shit......................"

"I've killed them........... oh my god"

"............................my car.. - AMBULANCE!"

I went to autopilot and turned the car off as soon as I could, ran to her and went to call 000, battery lasted all of 9 seconds, as I hadnt charged it for 2 days. ****. Anyhow, flagged down the next car who was the witness (apparently she had tried to run in front of them minutes before and they were watching her) and 000 was called seconds later.

She was concious, crying profusely, in a great deal of pain and intoxicated. Muttering things about her "Honey... Craig" and that he doesnt want her anymore. It seems that she was a young single mother with low self esteem, suffering from depression. This wasnt clear till later.

Ambulance arrived 10 mins after the call, followed shortly by Police, who assessed the situation, breathalised me, measuring the braking distance (5m to impact, 14m after - 19m total) and took my details. To them it was so clear and obvious what had happened that the told me to not even worry about filling in my police report, later that same day. And as the driver, I found that really comforting, that I was so very far not-in-the-wrong, that they didnt even need a statement.

So yeah, I was incredibly distraught on the scene, but since no lasting injuries have occured and the damages to my car arent very extensive, I've come out of it relatively undisturbed.

Won't ever look at a pedestrian quite the same again though..

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
oh my god

as a driver, i can understand. i always feel nervous when passing people that are a little too close to the road for my liking

but i cant begin to understand the feeling of the actual impact

i hope you are doing ok

idiotic woman, what a stupid thing to do

*msgs jon*

Top Bottom