• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Slinkovic

Smash Cadet
Nice to meet you P, I'm Anf, the exuberant wog of the smash crew who doesn't mind blowing his own whistle on occasion, lol. Don't expect me to drop the clutch in my VL but bro, I'm not that kind of wog. =P

I'm 18 myself, so it'll be cool to have a smasher of "self-capability" in the area. Are your friends any good and/or willing to play?

Good luck with the interview. I'd drive you, but I don't have my Ps yet. [blame my procastination] =(

Oh, the reverse cowboy is a sexual position of questionable character. lol

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Haha I'm not sure if I find that amusing or disturbing, but it's funny until proven otherwise :p

My two friends I play with are definately willing to play, one is slightly better than the other but we all have our days, so with all due respect, I'd say I'm a bit better than one, who is a bit better than the other :p We can all certainly hold our own against computers, thats for sure. One lives in Monty near me, the other lives in Eltham like you, so we're all close then I guess. Add 3 capable smashers to the roster ^_^

If your not busy tonight, we could smash then? Anytime after about 4-5 will be good for me, otherwise maybe we can catch up on a weekend. Let me know what's good for you :)

Slinkovic

Smash Cadet
Tonight sounds alright, I'll definitely get back to you. Did you want to come to my place?

Tonight may be alright from 7 onwards, I just don't want to have to resort to the tiny 30cm TV in room, i want the nice 84cm downstairs. =)

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Yeah it's a possibility. Oh and thanks for the welcome Steve :)

Yes indeedy, I am a hoster of any and all events that are approved by the mother of the household, and such terms of agreeance are normally only 'if we aren't busy this weekend' and 'if you clean up afterwards'. So it's a possibility.

Anf: yours is fine, mine is fine...whereever :p If you can't get the 84cm, then I have a 51 in my room, or we might be able to get my 68 downstairs...not your 84, but sizeable anyway.

For now I must run, god **** Pancake Parlour needs to hire me! *waves goodbye for now*

*EDIT: Alright, not running out to that interview...I just got hired ^_^ This means a lot to me because I've been looking for work since November last year. Hard to find without experience. Now I can waste time guilt free =D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Montmorency is the shizzle! Why is North so awesome is beyond me, LOL.

In all seriousness this thread should be renamed the Melbourne Smash Discussion thread, LOL.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Maybe there is something in the water that enhances our reflexes :p Either that or we just play more than everyone else ^_^

Well Anf, I should be free for the rest of the day now, so get back to me at anytime.

Pleased to meet so many good smashers! Hopefully we all get to play sometime soon!

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Sure thing...maybe you want to PM me your address? I'll have to walk, no other way to travel. Just let me know where, what I need to bring, and I'll be there asap :)

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Wicked, more fresh meat. =D

Thanks for the meet on Saturday, Nick, that was really cool and I had alot of fun.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Slinkovic said:
I had a good time Glen, you show massive potential man. Hopefully you stick around.

Keep at it, and practise that wavedashing. =)
Translation: I owned you

I had a great day, it was good to be owned for once...though there will be lots more ownage now. It was awesome to play someone so good, you showed me up something chronic! I'll keep trying ^_^

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
OMG new people this community is growing hugly im so happy I could cry. Welcome, new people is always good, the more the merrier.

Ok no problem, next meet is at my place for those interested. If you are free this weekend come on down and have a merry time.
If any of you new people want to come, post hear or PM me and I can give you the details.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Well I'm not sure at the moment, along with peoples exams, and me just getting a job, I'll have orientation and various commitments to that soon, so I have no idea if my weekend will have available time or not. What's a reasonable time to let people know? I don't think I'll know until about the weekend, so it might be better for you to host this weekend? I'll definately be able to do one of the following weekends, if not this weekend.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Sounds mantastic to me Adam. Welcome Schofield lol you got owned by Anf LOL! Nah he's cool :)
Anf: I don't do shoutouts for weeklies man, but all the same just for you I will; Thanks for the reverse cowboy, and thanks also for the compliments in your shout to me. I also find you to be an impressive player now, and I'm glad you shifted out of neutral in smash now. I have to admit I kind of cruised in 3rd against you, and you're yet to feel hurt. I'll give it to you gradually since you can't take losing too much in a row ya big hack :p CHALLENGE MAX!

freddo

Smash Journeyman
It's Lite Adam!! Careful..almost gave me a heart attack...

Schofield/Glen: wanna come down to Epping next up? Just give me a day and time, arrive at Epping station, and I'll pick you up.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Ah sorry freddo I misunderstood what you said! Sure thing, I'll be there when I can be =] Is it weekends only for you, or do you have weekday time as well?

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Well that was my last business type exam for the semester. The Accounting exam simply wasnt prepared for my pen of righteousness.

Hopefully Nick doesnt pretend he has to study on Saturday and we can go own some newbs at Frankston on Saturday.

*CHK* YEHS

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Schofield said:
. Schofield actually comes from a fictional character written by Australian author Matthew Reilly, and I reckon he's awesome!
(
I agree, Ice Station is one of my favourite books ever, and the sequal is bloody good as well.

My friend Chooker is in Melbourne, I will try and find out what area he lives in and see if he wants to Smash any of you poeple.
I will edit later most probably.

EDIT:
He is located ay Hampton Park which apparantly isn't far from Dandenong.

More as I get it.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Bois?

Is that a someone who lives in Hampton Park?

Anyway his phone number is 0437 657 149 and as far as I can tell is up for some Smash now.
16 view st, Hampton Park is the address.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Bit busy with exam stuff Schofield, so not any time soon. My last exam is on the 20th and then I have holidays for a month. Most of my family are off to Italy soon and in their absence I plan to organise a sizeable smashfest, so stay tuned for that.

You should post your msn so everyone can add you.

I'm a no show for the meet Adam, exams, sorry.

FinalAtomicBustr

Smash Rookie
Quick post. Go here for a Pre-OHN5 Smash meet at UTS in Sydney on Sat 17th June. Please attend, as I'd very much like to meet all of you before OHN ;). This will also be a good chance to see how we'll handle things for OHN. Tourny entry is free, and 1st place gets a Wavebird! :) Look forward to seeing you there.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Surely not? I would have thought you could pick up a new 'cube and Smash for around $180 these days? And according to the rumours, a Wii will be like $300 or so Australian, plus the $100 game... =P

Having said that, I think you made the right choice =]

I was trying out some new moves and combos today...my friend was loving actually beating me while I was doing weird looking stuff, but he hated it when I started getting it right =D

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Plasia said:
Well that was my last business type exam for the semester. The Accounting exam simply wasnt prepared for my pen of righteousness.

Hopefully Nick doesnt pretend he has to study on Saturday and we can go own some newbs at Frankston on Saturday.

*CHK* YEHS
Yer sorry plasia, im gonna be studying my gf on saturday so to speak lol, so I cant come and own noobs, I'll drives us to forblazes meet when it takes place.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
16 view st, Hampton Park is the address.
I used to live 2 streets from there. In Parkland Ave. Now, 10.5 years later, I still live in Hampton Park, but about 2km from there.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chinese ad? Is it just me or do the chicks look japanese, and when they say 'No' it's the same as Japanese 'No'?

I think they're wrong.

Oh and hi everyone. My new computer is really awesome with widescreen monitor and 2 gigs of RAM. And it sucks, cos it's an intel =(

freddo

Smash Journeyman
ZTV, the meet isn't gonna clash with OHN5. No Victorians are even going from what I gather. The family leave for Italy in early to mid July which allows plenty of time.

Keep practising Glen. It sucks at the start because your noob friends take advantage of the times you try to pull off something you've been practising....but then you get the hang of it, you learn their noob ways and they learn to shutup. *looks at Anf*

freddo

Smash Journeyman
ZTV man, I literally live up the road from you...when we both have time, I'm more than happy to give you some practice.

Good luck finding an electrical engineer. Good luck getting into a tourney as well...haha

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Slinkovic said:
I heard the last study session with your gf proved to be a dismal affair because your pen wasn't working properly. Apparently it kept collapsing and ran out of ink?
Yer it ran out of ink after 3 hours of study. Captain falcon is my gf btw.

ZTV said:
And speaking of controlling... Any electrical engineers/random people know how to modify a GC controller to include a programmed sequence on a single button? Example: Press one button, and it short-hops to airdodge/wavedash.
I do electrical and electronic engineering at uni, no way about going about programming a button on a gc controller to do several things at once, your best bet is to look for a programable controller on the net, i know you can get programmable arcade sticks, no idea about GC controllers but, programmable controllers are cheating so you'ld be looked down on for using one if you had one, just practice and you'll get it down.

Adam cant make you meet sorry got work. My last exam is on the 22nd so im free after that and will attenend most meets after that time

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
W00t, I am now an apprentice baker and no longer unemployed, yay me... sort of. For my trial today I had to get up at 1:30 am, not a fun time to be getting out of bed.
Anyway I start on Sunday morning so if anyone wanted to crash for the night, to bad (looking at you Mikule) as im out of bed and gone by 4:35 am. This also means I want to be in bed befor 9:00 pm so I will kick you out if your not gone by then.

Top Bottom