• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Smash Discussion

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Mate, that's...well I don't know, I don't drive and can't relate to someone trying to use me as a method of suicide. All I can say is I hope you get through it alright. It's good news that the Police have been good to you as well, at least you won't be fined or charged.

I'll be honest, cars scare me...I think you're doing a pretty good job just to be driving one, and I hope you don't feel scared about getting back behind the wheel. Good luck with everything.

~Schofield

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
Long time i know. This is Cella in case anyone has forgotten. Sorry to hear Jon, hope this turns out ok for u, her and everyone involved. Too much to read back to catch up whats been happening since i only just recently got net. Hope everyones well and smash is still alive and kicking. At work (EB Games)i have been talking to anyone who owns a gamecube to get ssb melee and reffering them to smashboards if they wanna get good. If this keeps on going with meets n all that i may turn up just to see how its all going. Adios amigos!

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Come to myyyyy meeeeeeeeeeet. ^_____^ Please?

Jon - Good to know you weren't at fault. I was really shocked when Shaz told me because I didn't think you'd be the kind of person to be involved in something like that. As much of a larakin you are, you seem really responsible. I can only imagine what you're going through over this and hope you get through it soon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Holy crap John! I was in an incident a few months back...kinda managed to total my car in the process, but anyway....trust me, you'll never look at a car (or person in your case) the same way again, keep expecting them not to slow down, expecting them to jump out....ma, I wish I didn't read this at a time when I can't message you (should have been in bed an hour ago) but I'm glad you (and your car) are okay.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ouch.

That's really bad luck Jon.

I'm very glad everyone involved is alright and I hope everything works out. Hopefully the woman can get some help with her depression too, so that she doesn't try this stunt on anyone else.

Anyway, glad you're alright and I hope nothing bad comes out of this than has already happened.

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Jon thats like gay what happened and all, as long as everything worked out is all that matters. I had a scary experience when driving once, on the way to shaz's tourney with forblaze and plasia,this lady was picking her nose when we pulled up at the lights the 3 of us have never been the same lol.

Cella come forblazes meet, I rkn i can take down your marth.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Ha, thanks guys. It felt good to share the account, because it was pretty profound to me personally. Everything is getting better, my car has already been repaired, and is now back on the road. Pretty quick really, and it only cost $311 total to replace the windscreen and electric mirror, which was highly surprising to me. But I'm thankful.

As for her, I have not heard. The police are going to give me her details once they close the file, and I have yet to have contact with her so far. She was taken to the Alfred hospital, but they inform me she'll be fine. Maybe I'll send her a card.... and a bill.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Lol Jon, as a driver I also hate it when people get too close, thats happens a fair bit when im in Frankston, people cross the road thinking that cars can magicaly stop on the spot.

Anyway *puts a 1.25 litre bottle of soft drink in middle of the road and waits behind the nearst car.....*

In the distance a faint grunting noise can be heard.....

OOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOO !!!!!!!!!.

Lol.

cella_lina

Smash Cadet
nickcaine87...i dont doubt it. I dunno if i can come since work is pretty much full on and im helping friends with renovations to their house. Although if there is a major one coming up later this year, be sure to let me know sms whatever.

jasito

Smash Rookie
can someone tell me where SEAT2 is plz because i dont know the exact location. thanks :laugh:

jasito

Smash Rookie
but where in melbourne are these places where tournaments are held

could someone list 1 or a few

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
SEAT 2 was held at the Kingston Arts Centre in Moorabbin, just on the Nepean Highway, it was held last year. Previous to that, was @M which was held in a lecture theatre of Melbourne Uni, up in Carlton. Tournaments arent incredibly common, but smaller meets (4-12) are generally held a few times during most months, at least they have been recently.

shoe

Smash Ace
We love you Australia ^^ Hiddink + Kangaroos = too good ^^

Oh and we all hate Italians off course so gogogo quarter finals ^^

Oh and we hated the refferee (or however you spell that)

Edit: Is scared now because of spamming thread visited by the dangerous and allmighty mic128 ^^

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Who thinks it's time for another tourney?
Cella, Forblazes will be the biggest meet in a while and probably for a while unfortunately....unless the above sentence goes down well with people.
Seat3 owned even though it wasn't Seat3 until after it had finished lol!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Well I live in Melbourne so it's the most likely scenario. If it's to happen it'd have to be in about 3 weeks. I can't really do anything later than this.

nickcaine87

Smash Apprentice
Jasito come Forblazes meet, Cella come Forblazes meet. It will be the biggest in a while since Syke from QLD is coming, I hope you's try and make it.
Maybe we can run a single emlimiation tourney at forblazes meet,
$1 entry or something for ****s and giggles, winner takes all if people dont like the $1 idea then maybe the winner can have forblazes sister?
MArk if you read this get to my house the day of forblazes meet and I'll drive ya there.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
shoe said:
Edit: Is scared now because of spamming thread visited by the dangerous and allmighty mic128 ^^
This is like an Australian version of the Broom. Besides, I have no mod powers here, so go nuts!

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Nick is banninated from my meet. So are Freddo and Anf, because they're Italian and I'm half Czech. j/k

I'm gonna need cubes at my meet. So far I only have one guaranteed: mine. The people who brought their cubes at my last meet were Mikul and and Adam, but seeing as Mikul won't be coming and Adam might be coming much later, I'll really need people to help me out here. At least 3 I'm looking for here.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
Me and my two other mates can probably bring ours =) I can definately bring mine, I'd have to ask those two...but we'll be leaving at like 3-3:30 cos of work so if you want them later you'll have to try other people. I'll see what my mates think about bringing their cubes, and I'll get back to you. We can't bring TVs though =(

So yeah, I'll let you know...keeping in mind the cubes will leave about 3 =)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
forblaze71 said:
Nick is banninated from my meet. So are Freddo and Anf, because they're Italian and I'm half Czech. j/k

I'm gonna need cubes at my meet. So far I only have one guaranteed: mine. The people who brought their cubes at my last meet were Mikul and and Adam, but seeing as Mikul won't be coming and Adam might be coming much later, I'll really need people to help me out here. At least 3 I'm looking for here.
Czech ***** America. Be proud. I love seeing all them sad yanky faces LOL

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Yeah, and they didn't get through, and we did! AAAAHAHAHAHA! (by we, I mean Australia) Are you rubbing it in at all, Cao? I hope you are.

Schofield - That'd be great ^_^. Thanks a bunch. Just one would be needed from you three, seeing as you'll leave at the same time. Don't worry about TV's, Freddo has that covered for me. What we need is cubes, people! Cubes!

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I can definitely bring one tv forblaze. The second one, well that depends on my mum because I was planning to ask her for the one she has in her room. *fingers crossed* I'll bring a cube for my tv as well. I think there are cubes a plenty by the looks of things. More tvs!

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
I forgot the date of it. And what time do you want people to get there at the earliest? The TV I have yet to collect from Shaz's joint can be ferried over, used and then returned once the jig is up. So there's a definite +1 to the TV count, providing Shaz packs it.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Does a cube come with that TV? Everyone bring cubes, gonna need them. Forblaze man, I hope you have enough space for all this shiz. It's good though, lots of 1 vs 1s. Looking forward to it.

Schofield

Smash Cadet
...Someone should bring an xbox to this event so I can beat you all at Halo =) You know, instead of continually losing at smash all afternoon.

What time would be good to get there? And do we get an address?

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Who cares about that newb Halo crap, I'll bring Street Fighter 3 Third Strike :p*

*I wont actually bring Street Fighter, because then I wont play smash

Edit: oh yeah what's the date for forblaze's meet?

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
LoL, Bringer from WA knows the date of my meet and people here don't. Hahaha. *is sometimes easily amused* But yeah, it's gonna be Saturday 1st of July at 56 Spring Drive, Hoppers Crossing. It's in the melways somewhere between/around map 201 and 204. People can start arriving around 11-12.

Guys, I set my loung up the way I wanted today, just to see how it would work and I saw room for 5 TV's, 6 absolute max. So, not too many TV's really required. atm, I have three of my own, 1 of Freddo's and one of Jon's if Shaz can bring it over. For cubes I have mine, Nick's, ZTV's, Freddo's and Schofield's(until 3 30).

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Unless otherwise notified, I'll be arriving in the vicinity of about 1pm. Just fyi Chris. =]

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Saturdays meet was non-existant due to thefact people are lame and don't tell me if they aren't coming...well Mikul did, and I appreciate that, but the rest of you :O I'm pissed of mostly at Anf since he talks the talk and thinks that's all needed in life.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
You mean you actually have to walk the walk? So that's where I've been going wrong.

And the reason I knew the date of your meet is cos it's the same day as OHN5 Forblaze ^__^

Top Bottom