• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Australian Player Finder - All Australian Players See Here!

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
lulz Shmot seems to be the only person who knows what he is on about :p

A piece of advice: Learning Japanese over the interwebz and using it makes you look like a total idiot at least 50% of the time, True story....... XD

I have been learning the language for a couple of years and still plan to, its cool I could understand most of what was said XD

Anyways carry on.

Sirias

Smash Champion
A piece of advice:
No. It's not hard to learn any language over the internet.
There's a program called "Before You Know It" that teaches you all the basic, common words/phrases.
And just go on from there. =]
Also, the DS has a game called "My Japanese Coach" that teaches some Japanese as well, along with how to write some characters. Pretty sure it doesn't get into Kanji, but I didn't bother really getting into it, 'cause it took too long to progress, plus my DS touch screen is screwed.

Instead of failing and trying to speak a language you either hear or see off anime, and you think it's kool, why don't you learn the language instead, and not look like the biggest ****** alive, next to John Edward.

Antho can you un-sticky this?
Seriously?

Edit:

Or rather, just get everyone to write in their details HERE?
What's the point in going into ANOTHER site which holds no more information than this one can also hold here?

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i think the idea is great though. i really like the idea of having a place where somebody can access the info of other smashers easily. i had that problem when i was just starting in the scene, i wanted to talk to some smashers to get to know what was happening, but i didn't know which smashers were qld, or brisbane or gold coast or anything so i didn't know who to talk to really, and this site is really confusing at first, especially having just the one topic for EVERYTHING qld. i was like "huh, i don't want to read 70+ pages... but the later pages won't have everything i want... the **** do i do???"

eventually you work it out, but it'd be a lot easier to be able to just talk to one of the current smashers.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
But it's all for broke if no one is moderating the actual list of Smashers. Over time it'll become redundant, unless there's some intervention. The current list looks like a joke atm. Do not approve.

However, I do approve of an all-encompassing 'Introduction to Australia' type of thread which would welcome newbies and link them to the relevant places.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll say it again and a bit more blunty though.

AllIsBrawl allows for just about all the services Anthony is proposing this list would do.
And used correctly even manages creating tio files, which unless someone made a program to import spreadsheets, this wouldn't do.

Facebook of smash, dawgs.

So, if AIB, which does all this and better has a general 'rejected' by anyone outside of NSW, then, bam. And the obvious is gone there.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
AiB shot itself in the foot by calling itself 'All is BRAWL.' Plus, SWF created the Smash community, so the inertia of growth it has created has made it very difficult to move the whole Smash community there.

Need I remind you that Tio sucks? Go back to TM2.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Uh, it's just a name CAO. Whether it's called All is Brawl or All is Smash is irrelevant, as it is a good resource for TO's, alongside SWF, at least IMO.

However, I do approve of an all-encompassing 'Introduction to Australia' type of thread which would welcome newbies and link them to the relevant places.
I like this idea. A thread that introduces the basics of our boards, and can send newbies to the thread with their local players so that they can connect, find out about meets etc. Kind of like a central 'hub' thread, for all things smash in Australia, if that makes sense.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's not just a name though. I really do like AiB a lot, but SWF has more tournament listings because every single Melee player is loyal to it. Both sites capture a sizeable amount of Brawl players, although SWF still captures more.

Neal probably learnt this a long time ago by naming his new 'All is' titles like 'All is Fighter.' :)

I'll get to making that thread you liked!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've never suggested moving base to AiB though.

But considering SWF is only a forum,
and all AiB's features outside of that are tremendously helpful,

I don't see why the use of it for pre-registering for tournaments,
keeping list of names and contact details, etc etc, isn't used elsewhere in Australia.

Using AIB for the purposes I've listed out has me wishing for new features, which I'll probably propose to Neal in the future and hope they get implemented.

Such as:
1. Defining what events are there and allow those registering to select which they're participating in.
2. Those who pre-register allowing the TO to send mass messages to their emails.

I LAG

Smash Lord
it would be soooo ****ing epic if the whole australian scene moved to allisbrawl.com

imagine all the aussie wifi tourneys O.O

tibs7

Smash Champion
LOL, thats funny coz like,you mywii guys thrive on that shiz. true? true =)

I LAG

Smash Lord
No wifi tournaments.
<_<

Wifi fails =(, I'm pretty sure alot agree xD
dont play with items on <.< or gay textures that freeze the wii

LOL, thats funny coz like,you mywii guys thrive on that shiz. true? true =)
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY

We did tibs, then we started going to tourneys and we realized that wifi sucks *** :bee:
get a better connection that works with more than 4 people

Right on the spot.
nub

Hotdog

Smash Lord
No... Wifi fails hard, no matter how good the connection. It's like trying to polish dog poop...

Nova

Banned via Warnings
What hotdogs said.

Ilag I beat your MK with like everyone including Ganon and Samus on Wifi. Either you fail or Wifi does, which is it?

Only reason I have ever played the useless load of lack of shielding and c-stick in the down direction spamming is due to living in Adelaide; you have no excuse, you're in NSW.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
A piece of advice:
No. It's not hard to learn any language over the internet.
There's a program called "Before You Know It" that teaches you all the basic, common words/phrases.
And just go on from there. =]
Also, the DS has a game called "My Japanese Coach" that teaches some Japanese as well, along with how to write some characters. Pretty sure it doesn't get into Kanji, but I didn't bother really getting into it, 'cause it took too long to progress, plus my DS touch screen is screwed.

Instead of failing and trying to speak a language you either hear or see off anime, and you think it's kool, why don't you learn the language instead, and not look like the biggest ****** alive, next to John Edward.

Antho can you un-sticky this?
Seriously?

Edit:

Or rather, just get everyone to write in their details HERE?
What's the point in going into ANOTHER site which holds no more information than this one can also hold here?

Thanks I'll look into that website. Most of the stuff I've come across was half fail cause I got corrected come time for my actual classes. Oh well I guess I was failing at internet searches. Also never heard of that coaching game..

I guess I will get back to learning the language later on. All I can be bothered to do these Christmas holidays is just chill on my pc like a fatty and sleep. At least I've managed a few beach trips.

I sense a little rage XD

I remember the days where I actually cared about wifi on the Wii and what I could do with it. I also remember raging at how poorly executed it was/is with many game releases and the only game to use wifi decently is Mario Kart Wii so far. Brawl is probs the worst wifi expereience I've had :/

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Wifi
Is
For
Ignoramus's

Where
Idiots
Fail
Icredibly

etc etc...

also go to school and learn japanese, you can learn it from a book sure, but if you have no outlet to practice it (like speaking it with fluent speakers) you will fail hard.

and speaking of failing hard, dont get that My Japanese Coach game, its absolute ****.

I dont fail because I said something that was correct, and I was refering to all the other japanese spam going on,
I actually did japanese courses but stopped because I had no-one to really practice with (actually the real reason is because sleeping in till 8pm is so much better (yeah my sleep patterns are ****ed))

Top Bottom