• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

Rockstar

Smash Ace
I'll try my best to make it to the next one.

Northern Kansas Crew consists of -Rockstar, Perfect Duck, Ares, Stealth Raptor, Fino, MJG, Lux, Rick, PsiKick, and Scrub.

Southern Kansas is Wichita. They have about the same size crew as us.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I'm in the melee mindset, for today and tomorrow, at least.
I feel everyone should be, not to dis on brawl but i do enjoy it more

get real you guys, MK is everyones main
you say that but i know there are tons of people that do not play him, yeah hes the perfect counter but you cannot just pick him and outperform everyone

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I'll try my best to make it to the next one.

Northern Kansas Crew consists of -Rockstar, Perfect Duck, Ares, Stealth Raptor, Fino, MJG, Lux, Rick, PsiKick, and Scrub.

Southern Kansas is Wichita. They have about the same size crew as us.
eh i would consider the wichita crew more then twice as big and a few times as good ;o we are improving though

Plus, Wichita smash is really good. Save Fino and MJG I'd say the top 10 KS players hail from that area.

I think you should come, we could use someone like you around. Plus you play MK, no one does that around here except Dan and Tyser and they quit.
this is also true, though i intend to break into the top ten soon ;o

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Story Time: Tonight I went to a nerd-fest-rave-smash tournament, after hours comes up, and a big bus of drunk people come out. I need to get the 5th floor to get my ****. An attractive woman comes up to me and says, randomly, "Yeah, nerds don't like to be hit" and I said "yeahpp" and she hit me, duh, and I was like "Hey!" and she was like, weirdo, but I pulled her in and hugged her and was like, lol. So, magically, the elevator gets there at the same time this happend. Her friends enter the elevator with about 10 other people, and she says "I'm taking the nerd with me" and grabs me by the arm with both of her hands into the elevator. I was like "Okay, I have to bring my friend, because I'm an idiot and am cockblocking myself", but my friend was like "I'll just wait" and got off.

So obviously the elevator breaks down and we get stuck in the elevator, for like 20 minutes. People were yelling, calling loved ones because they thought they were going to die. This girl who I was "with" was being loud and obnoxious and pulled the emergency phone from out of the box, exposing the wires. She jumped up and down and scared the **** out of people. She's a troll, I can dig it. The fire department comes and opens the door, and eventually I start thinking she's a lesbian so I kinda wonder off (bad experience with those before, but don't knock it til ya try it). David actually found one of the gloves and gave it to me. :0

Later, I'm downstairs talking with Melee Lord David because he's my ride home, and the same random girl is literally hunting for me, I watched her scour the place to find me, and she did. She asked me to walk her outside to the bus, told her about me finding the firemans glove, exchanged numbers and
kissed her on the cheek
. 20 dollars says I never talk to her again, but that's just one spot of craziness. I watched someone get a knife pulled on them in one room (not fun) and watched a man get whipped by dominatrix's. Omaha, the good life.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Her friends enter the elevator with about 10 other people, and she says "I'm taking the nerd with me" and grabs me by the arm with both of her hands into the elevator. I was like "Okay, I have to bring my friend, because I'm an idiot and am cockblocking myself", but my friend was like "I'll just wait" and got off.
That was also part of my motivation for getting off the elevator. I'm a good friend.

Also Rob's been texting said drunk *****. Good ****.

Edit: Kids in my creative writing class are SO BAD at what they do that it makes me want to quit life.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
Well its good to say that

1) the locals are interested in my Warrior like conduct and i may be heading something out here

2) its also notiable that i suck at Brawl :'( i did not do as well in a tourney (SMALL *** TOURNEY [like 10 people]) so i am very excited for when i can travel to Wichita to get much better

PortCity

Smash Ace
@MegaRobMan: LOL nice story. What have I been missing all this time?!?! I should have been in this thread also. Same amount of silliness as in Joker's thread.

@MJG/Ensis: Wait, what you doing in here?

@Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (6 members and 1 guests)
PortCity, clowsui, MurdaMoe, L_Cancel, NearZzz, THuGz:

Minnesota is in here too :-\...I see I'm behind the times :)...this is the hot spot!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You guys are homos and should text me more for events till I get my internet back also no internet sucks nuts.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So, we have jokers Bi-weekly 3/19, the Cedar Rapids tournaments 4/2. When are we having the next Auras? When is the next JBM gas Money Monthly?

Also, these tournaments are appealing to me, what about melee tournaments, I work this saturday so I can't make SMYM.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298236

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271256&page=451

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298228&page=3 (LOL)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296956

Maybe this one, but I'd only go if my cousin is in springfield http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298027

THuGz

Smash Lord
Rob, I plan on making the 1st, 2nd, and 4th ones, and the weekend of 3/19 I'm going to the big Michigan tourney. If you could get anyone to go from Nebraska or Iowa, that'd be awesome.

PS: when are we thinking about doing this month's monthly? QRS said he would do his the 26th right? So should we just make our monthly the first week of April?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
QRS said he's doing it his the 2nd of April.

How are you getting to the MI tournament? those guys want me to up to MI so hard.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I be down to be going to Michigian and SisiS. Also I'm cravin to hit up Ohio pretty soon.

THuGz

Smash Lord
After a minimal amount of discussion, it looks like April 2nd will work out, so could we get that pinned as the date? And it seems like we may have a decent sized tourney (on a related note, Shameus, if you're still lurking our threads, you could totally come out and chill with us for this one :3), so is there anyway that we could change our venue? Like maybe Dan's place, or Rob could you use your connections to get a small venue that we could pay for with a fee?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Bi weekly in KS on the 12th and I don't work, who's goin?

Thugz idk why you think I have the power to get venues magically, Auras is fine until we start getting a lot more people, though Dan might be okay with it, though he works saturdays so I'd have to SHD probably, though I think you may be better suited for that.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
@Rob

Yeah, I appreciate you trying to give me results, however, you don't have results for SSF4 or Marvel, the two I need.

BTW, I beat QRS in a match- our score was 1-1.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I'd just like to point out that I went 1 -1 with everyone that Tyser said was competent at brawl. jus saiyan.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
After a minimal amount of discussion, it looks like April 2nd will work out, so could we get that pinned as the date? And it seems like we may have a decent sized tourney (on a related note, Shameus, if you're still lurking our threads, you could totally come out and chill with us for this one :3), so is there anyway that we could change our venue? Like maybe Dan's place, or Rob could you use your connections to get a small venue that we could pay for with a fee?
So um i will forever be lurking here as it is the only competitive scene i may be able to participate in, awesome, so April but where.

i would love to hang with all of you but i possibly may not make it, just keep me updated

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
No tournaments at my place. My apartment is a pit, and the only way we'd have room for everyone is if I cleaned it all. I don't love you guys/Brawl that much.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
No tournaments at my place. My apartment is a pit, and the only way we'd have room for everyone is if I cleaned it all. I don't love you guys/Brawl that much.
You disappoint me but if it was StarFox 64 you will be all over that Dan.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
@Rob

Yeah, I appreciate you trying to give me results, however, you don't have results for SSF4 or Marvel, the two I need.

BTW, I beat QRS in a match- our score was 1-1.
Meh, so I guess you legit beat Devi without playing him :0 He should be good, I trained him, but he needs to learn shame and not play as characters he's bad with in tournament.

I'd just like to point out that I went 1 -1 with everyone that Tyser said was competent at brawl. jus saiyan.
You didn't play Tyser or I though. Good job against Iowa though.

Come to Smashfests and you'll stop disappointing me...
damn tyser has been bored today

Top Bottom