• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

THuGz

Smash Lord
At the KS bi-weekly, I tried to talk most of the witchita people into coming up. I think it could get decently sized, if Iowa came too, and that bro from colorado

BPx

Smash Lord
Thugz, my question is, will you be a Pikachu next time we play? :D :D :D

Also, Joker and I are really mad that we didn't get our 50 cents for a certain biscuit that a certain someone pulled snatchums on.

THuGz

Smash Lord
You joke now, but I've won tourney matches with both ZSS and MK. Fox and sonic are joining that list at the next nebraska monthly =P

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
wow, people actually posted on this thread today, wow

Anyway, Kuares's QRS's tournament (the title, or should be) is the 26th of MARCH, as in in 2 weeks. I wish it was the first week of april though because I'd be 100% instead of 65%.

Also, gamegenie will probably try to buy your copy of Marvel VS Capcom 3 for 5 dollars.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Rob, i would just like to say that if you are really as good at megaman as your reputaion would lead me to believe, you are a champ. i have been trying to beat 1-8 and i was only able to get thru 1 and 2 then i skipped to 7 and realized how its a crappy game and then i lost my will to play them again today.....

gantrain05

Smash Master
TAKE IT BACK THUGZ! platformers are amazing, at least they used to be. i haven't run across a decent one since like....the ps1/ps2 era....other than megaman 9, still haven't played 10

THuGz

Smash Lord
they aren't fun... i don't like games that require pressing buttons subtly lighter in the exact right way to make you jump exactly right etc.
Like mario games where you have to hold a button right down while jumping exactly for a certain length or tap it for a certain amount of time... it isn't fun for me to do that, especially when failing is so easy
honestly, waveshining with fox is easier...

THuGz

Smash Lord
lol no but like if you're doing speed runs and you have to land on a single block perfectly then jump to the next block, it just isn't fun for me

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Rob, i would just like to say that if you are really as good at megaman as your reputaion would lead me to believe, you are a champ. i have been trying to beat 1-8 and i was only able to get thru 1 and 2 then i skipped to 7 and realized how its a crappy game and then i lost my will to play them again today.....
LOOOOOOOL, yeah Mega Man 7 is terrible, don't play 8 either! And if you play Mega Man and Bass, play as Bass.

TAKE IT BACK THUGZ! platformers are amazing, at least they used to be. i haven't run across a decent one since like....the ps1/ps2 era....other than megaman 9, still haven't played 10
yeah the last really good non-mega man platformer was Sly Cooper IMO, though little big planet isn't bad.

I still haven't played Sonic 4...I really should.

they aren't fun... i don't like games that require pressing buttons subtly lighter in the exact right way to make you jump exactly right etc.
Like mario games where you have to hold a button right down while jumping exactly for a certain length or tap it for a certain amount of time... it isn't fun for me to do that, especially when failing is so easy
wow, no wonder you make all the excuses in smash, you can't even beat Mario.

wait, are you saying u can't beat mario? thats like....the easiest platformer ever.
That's what he said. But Kirby is easier.

I can't even beat Mario
See.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played 4 or 5, but I'd say start with 6 or 2. Experiment with weapons, there's always at least one weapon that will make whatever you're working on a lot easier.

Also, you have to practice. Mega Man games are designed to kick your ***, and half of the fun is overcoming that original challenge.

Um... Brawl?

Like mario games where you have to hold a button right down while jumping exactly for a certain length or tap it for a certain amount of time...
Still sounds like Brawl.

it isn't fun for me to do that, especially when failing is so easy
Still sounds like Brawl (again).

lol no but like if you're doing speed runs and you have to land on a single block perfectly then jump to the next block, it just isn't fun for me
Honestly, if you aren't fluent enough in the game to control those kinds of jumps, you shouldn't be speed running to begin with. Play the game to beat it, then if you want to keep playing it you can start working on advanced tech skill. Speaking of:

Mega Man has two buttons and a d-pad. Melee has 10245624561 buttons, and you need to press them all to get a single move out. What's that say about how well designed Mega Man is?

yeah the last really good non-mega man platformer was Sly Cooper IMO, though little big planet isn't bad.
VVVVVV

anyone doing games?
I've got spring break next week, but my workplace doesn't understand what "I need to work less" means. So I'd be down for hosting, but we've gotta fit it around my work.

Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday nights would probably be the best for me. What works for everyone?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I haven't played 4 or 5, but I'd say start with 6 or 2.
Still sounds like Brawl.
VVVVVV
He said he played 1 and 2, why would he start with 6? He should just play 3-6 and then move on to 9 and 10.

Dan is right on all of his other statements, though

Especially the VVVVVV, that game is amazing, but it's on PC so I didn't think about it.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If you going to host games Dan then I need you to help me with putting songs on my Wii.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
@Dan: I was hoping that someone could do games before Joker's mini-tourney on Saturday, so if someone could do it before then that would be awesome.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Sonic 4 is ***.

Inb4Trent

Sonic games stopped being Sonic games after Adventure 1. After that they're all just generic action games with Sonic on them to be sold to 12 year olds.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i started with 1 and 2 cuz i wanted to beat them in order, but then i got curious cuz i never played 7 so i skipped ahead.....and was super dissapointed.

also, sonic stopped being sonic after sonic and knuckles, at least thats when i stopped playin em.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Because 6 is super easy.

I can't figure out how to get music on normal Brawl (ask Rob LOL), but if you want a Brawl hack I can.
6 is not super easy, it's difficult because it controls like ****, and the game takes forever to finish. Some people don't abuse Rush Jet, they do buster only minus bosses. 91/100 lol.

And yeah, Dan sucks at getting brawl to play brawl better.

@Dan: I was hoping that someone could do games before Joker's mini-tourney on Saturday, so if someone could do it before then that would be awesome.
Aura read my mind.

well i started with 1 and 2 cuz i wanted to beat them in order, but then i got curious cuz i never played 7 so i skipped ahead.....and was super dissapointed.

also, sonic stopped being sonic after sonic and knuckles, at least thats when i stopped playin em.
Yeah you should have played 3, it's my favorite classic game. 4 is kinda down hill imo (94/100) but it's way worth playing for a few songs and levels, just like all the games tbh. 5 they worked on level design again (97.5/100) and made it difficult at points.

And agreed about sonic sucking after SnK but some of the game gear games were good that came out after that. Glad we usually agree about stuff Jlo.

Also Blank I read what you said and you're probably right but I want to play it because it's a 2D Sonic.

Rockstar friended me before anyone in nebraska or iowa did. What a champ.
He asked to be my friend like 10 years ago, way to suck.

Beat you to it 2 months ago son.
lol gamegenie too

THuGz

Smash Lord
No you ****ing ******s i meant he friended me before anyone in nebraska or iowa friended me. L2readingcomprehension

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Yeah, Smash has always been billed as a platformer/fighter mashup. With the emphasis on ledge play among other things-- not liking the way platformers play is baffling.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
No you ****ing ******s i meant he friended me before anyone in nebraska or iowa friended me. L2readingcomprehension
Lrnnot2gettrolledsohard. Obviously I KNOW what you meant moron. Good Luck in MI :) I haven't asked anyone to be friends I'm pretty sure otherwise the second I found out M2K had the MM2 unoffical WR I would have added him.

Thats because no one likes you.
Tyser I see the difference between trolling and not trolling here and earlier.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Good question, I don't know. Friday night I may have to drive to lincoln to pick this girl up, drive to Omaha to Zios pizza for a contagion meeting where bobby is going to buy me a slice of pizza and also she's never had zios and lol the meetings at zios, magical, right? Right. So then it's my best friend's birthday and he's meeting at DJ's dugout at 9, and I'm assuming that will go on til like 1 or 2, I probably won't be drinking because I'll have to drive her back to Lincoln.

I'd either pick whoever up from there or stay in Lincoln and sleep or go to my place in Omaha and sleep, idk what jokers plans are, I'll ask. It especially depends on what time we want to start all of it and who's coming from OOS, if anyone. And if Aura's parents are Okay with him getting picked up at 4:00 a.m. etc...

Also I think Games at Dans tonight or tomorrow, I'll send messages soonish via text.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Does anyone in NE/IA know depster? He's that KS yoshi player and he doesn't go to tourneys very often because he's an adventist like pcity. I just thought it was funny the 2 adventists I know are through smash

Top Bottom