• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura's Monthlies: on hiatus

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm technically an adult, so I'd feel awkward destroying kids at a bad game at a high school event in front of their parents. I'll just let you guys do work :') I want to keep some dignity.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Idk, if I did it, we would make a **** ton more money than if we just kept it in the school, so it would be helping out, and I could tell the administrators that I would advertise it so they could expect some older people too. But not like anyone in the circuit looks incredibly old or like they would **** anyone, except rob. And I could replace the venue fee with a smaller donation fee, and then the amount of casual baddies at my school would definitely make the pot huge

PortCity

Smash Ace
i'm technically an adult, so i'd feel awkward destroying kids at a bad game at a high school event in front of their parents. I'll just let you guys do work :') i want to keep some dignity.
lololololololol

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Its my job to recruit new talent and grow the scene so obviously I want to take their money.

Also, even though I don't want to, I think there is enough interest for Project M that we should do a tournament, even if it's doubles, because it would probably generate more interest and who knows, they might enter brawl.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Idk, if I did it, we would make a **** ton more money than if we just kept it in the school, so it would be helping out, and I could tell the administrators that I would advertise it so they could expect some older people too. But not like anyone in the circuit looks incredibly old or like they would **** anyone, except rob. And I could replace the venue fee with a smaller donation fee, and then the amount of casual baddies at my school would definitely make the pot huge
Those would probably look at me like I'm 21 man.

resTy

Smash Champion
I could go there and probably fit in because I don't look that old plus I'm puny. But when people realize that I'm a 22-year old, they're gonna judge me. I hate it when real adults judge me. Makes me wanna kill children, which is bad.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
iF anyone give you any guff just be like "I'm about to go find your wife and give her the boning of the century". They will stop immediately.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Lol. But also, why do you think parents are going to be there? That isn't how high school events work.

gantrain05

Smash Master
dude tyser, i wrecked some 8 year old named gotan with his parents watching, i didn't feel bad at all. Probably cuz im a terrible person, but i know u can do the same. NO MERCY MAN!

resTy

Smash Champion
I destroyed a kid in front of his dad once. His dad hosted the tournament. Felt bad.
Chain grabbed him off the stage three times and he lost. He didn't know how to recover.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
When you play chess, you have to play little kids all the time. Obviously, their parents are watching, some are very serious- others aren't. In two consecutive tournaments, I beat this guy's daughter twice, and also beat his son. Another tournament, I beat him--the dad, in the finals. Don't take out your queen too early.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
K so quick questions.

Brandon when are we leaving? I think you said 9am so I'll wake up before that just want to double check.

Also is anyone bringing MvC3 to this? I can bring both copies 360/PS3 but can someone there bring either system the 360 isn't mine and I don't want to take my PS3 OoS seeing as I drop my Wii a couple of times before and don't want the same thing happening to the PS3 >.<

-Joker

PortCity

Smash Ace
Yeah, thank goodness I look young too :-D. I think the secret is, don't decimate people you CLEARLY are better than. So if a little kid with their parent is next to you playing Peach in Melee. You don't hop on the sticks, pick Fox and Final D then wave shine her all across the stage into 2 off stage shine spikes :). I usually keep it close when I play with little kids or people I know I can beat. As long as you do that, usually no one has anything bad to say other than "Awe man it was close. Good game."

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Results for Febember to Remember 19th (Round Robin)-
Doubles: 1. Joker and Bpow
2. Jarell and Aura
3. Wang and Nom

Singles.
1. Joker-7-1 (loss to Trent) :snake:
2. Pharaoh-7-1 (loss to Joker) :wolf: :link: :random:
3. Trent-6-2 (loss to Pharaoh and Bpow) :sonic: :mad:
4. Bpow-6-2 (loss to Pharaoh and Joker) :wario:
5. DarkYosh 4-4 (loss to Pharaoh, Bpow, Joker and Trent) :yoshi:
6. GameGenie 3-5 (beat Aura, Nom and Wang) :falco: :random:
I think it went like this
7. Wang :luigi:
8. Aura :marth: :toonlink:
9. Nom :olimar:

Project M Singles

1. Joker :link:
2. Sm3esh :falcon:
3. Pharaoh :link:
4. JBM :mad:
5. KyloWinter :falco:
5. MK Mike :falco:
7. DarkYosh :random:
7. GameGenie222 :ganondorf:
9. Wang :fox:
9. Aura :lucas:
9. ShermanTheTank :sheik:
9. Bpow :mario:

GGs and shoutouts later.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Glad it went well, good work rob and trent. We need to have a smashfest sometime soon, I'm not busy saturday and I'd be willing to do whatever

resTy

Smash Champion
Nakakon > Aura's Monthlies. If you didn't go, you fucked up.

LOL @ the amount of people. When are these going to get canceled?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hey, I want to go to Nerdtron but I'll be on vacation. You guys better plan something else in the future so I can run back games with all of you!

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Shout-outs:

Aura: Thanks for hosting.

Pharaoh: You suck and no one likes you.

JBM: You get me this time, but you better stay on watch.

Joker: I 2 stocked your Luigi. Whattttt???

Iowa kids: Nice hanging out with you guys again, let me know next time you need housing.

GG222: You've gotten a lot better man, good ****. Props on actually finding a ride.

BPx

Smash Lord
GGs everybody
Thanks for hosting Aura, it was a fun tourney, nice to just get some solid practice/games in.
Thanks for the housing Dan, I didn't know it was possible to accumulate so many inside jokes in one day rofl.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Todays issue of things Tyser says and then deletes.

"After I got home from Nakakon, I got undressed to take a shower and **** and when I took off my briefs, there was white panties on the inside of my briefs. Not even bull****ting. If I got my D wet, I definitely don't remember. People who were at the con, do you guys know what the hell happened after 2AM? Although, it could have been after 10PM also..."

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
There have been times I've had washclothes stuck to my boxers. Might be your sisters, does your mom do both of your laundry?

resTy

Smash Champion
Pretty sure it wasn't theirs considering I remember taking a crap and peeing on Friday night. It was clean when I did my bitniz. Damn, I didn't poop/pee again til Sunday night o.O Saturday was a beastly day though. You guys all missed out on drunk me which only appears 2-3 times a year.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Dude, you disappeared like a ninja all night. I couldn't keep track of you sober let alone drunk. All I remember was you stumbling up to me and going "Dude, I think I just made out with some 15 year old girls. Don't tell anybody." And then running and telling everyone I saw.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
Hey is anyone from Colorado running up there, i would love to join and am only in Fort Collins but no car :( please if anyone can get back to me that would be awesome, and maybe i can even get others involveds

Top Bottom